Why was there never a proper Imperial Guard game?

Why was there never a proper Imperial Guard game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vMGWJNRoWPE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are there women on the imperial guard?
damn, then why aren't women among the space muhreens?

aren't "the sisters" it's own faction?

It would be indistinguishable from any generic "futuristic" first person shooter since IG are basically just generic as fuck starship trooper motherfuckers.

At least Space Marines are easily recognizable even though they're also pretty generic.

I know that warhammer fans are often pretty delusional and think their generic franchise which consists of nothing but knockoffs from other IPs is super original and unique but to most people it just looks like the same laser guns and military green shit they've seen for decades.

>why aren't women among the space muhreens?
E-Money either couldn't or didn't decide to make any female Primarchs. Since all space marine gene-seeds originate from the Primarchs women are incompatible with the biological enhancements the Marines get.

An Imperial Guard tank sim would be badass as fuck.

just play any of the hundreds of WWII or modern combat games with tanks, or even World of Tanks

Big E was kind of an idiot.

Yeah. Women cant be space marines because the zygotes (gene seed) are keyed to male hormones and tissue types. That and because women lack the physical strength to survive the transformation into space marine. You have to be insanely jacked to become a space marine, like beyong what should be humanely capable.

because if it was "proper", it would end after 8 seconds.

man, that artist really never improved.
His perspective is a fucked as it was almost 10 years ago.

other games have already dealt with that problem

Kind of a moot point anyway since even if a woman was able to accept the Gene Seed she would be bulked up and roided out to the point where she would be indistinguishable from the guys.

>guard appear in 40k media
>it's always the fucking boring cadians

Especially weird in DoW. I mean why the fuck are the Tau and Cadians close enough to fight each other.

why the hate tho

Yes, that's becoming more and more evident by the day in 40k.
Hell, Malcador's on record saying that if half the Primarchs were female then none of the Heresy hubbub would have happened.
For awhile this was/tg/'s hope for any future official Fem-Marines, just made utterly indistinguishable from make Marines.

There are a lot of Guard regiments who dress like Cadians.

I've always thought this'd be the best way to explain it. Basically to just sweep the issue aside because it ultimately doesn't matter.

As much as I'd like a wh40k game where I can play as a gaurdsman pvp kn that game would be out of the question and given the current trend in the gaming industry thats not something most publisherd or devs want to put up with.

>Everyone else is just standing there
>Terminator is actively pointing a gun at you

why the orcs dont get to have fancy ass advanced armor?
how do they travel on space?

They don't need it, and they either loot spaceships, hollow out asteroids, or slap scrap together and power it through the power of group belief.

I'd honestly rather play as a stormtrooper than a muhreen. I always thought space marines looked kind of dumb with how bulky they are. Like fat bionicles.

Alright Sup Forums: Let's discuss lasguns.

Lahs-guns or lays-guns?

The Steel Legion mod for the 1.3 build of Dawn of War was pretty sweet.

WAAAUUUGGGGHHH

Orkz maybe be pretty dumb but they definitely know how to make deadly weapons out of junk and scrap metal. Their space ships look like something that came out of a scrap yard

Las-gun

While lays-guns would make more sense as it is consistent with how you pronounce laser, lahs-gun sounds better.

Ork Mek boys can make crude power armor. They can be anything from steam driven to plasma.

I really dig that aesthetic

Contemporary politics, especially those regarded race or sex, have no place in 40k as such trivial concerns are irrelevant to Mankind's war against xenos and heresy.

More like Big E was 4chin tier autistic

Big E was /r9k/ incarnate.

Prove me wrong

Big E could actually leave his house and do shit

He's what /r9k/ thinks they are but aren't

He had sex with women multiple times. The inquisition is actively hunting down and killing any naturally born children of his they can find.

>ywn have sex with a female guardswoman

Id try to come up with something about not wanting to fuck an alien chick instead of a guards woman but desu all the alien chicks in wh40k are either mad ugly or batshit insane

I have been asking for this shit FOR YEARS

Warhammer helped make science fiction what it is today

but would it make sense that 4 regiments were together to fight nurgle zombies?

Step aside Gue'va, we are making up for our mistake of a first game

People in these threads always want a grimdumb game about how you keep dying as a Cadian Guardsman but my dream IG game is for some random ass situation you can pick a squad from different regiments and just make a 40k Bad Company of sorts.

>The lost and the damned and the fucking Genestealer cults get an army and models
>Meanwhile the Sisters of Battle are neglected.

List of popular regiments that should get in

Cadians (no brainier)

Catachans

Death Korps

Elysians

Tallarns

Vahallens

fuck Vostroyons

why are the genestealers bad?

What about these guys?

How about a game with chapters where you play as troopers from different regiments?

They're not, but Sisters of Battle were around before either of them and haven't gotten any support in years.

Absolutely, and Arkhan Confederates
And Steel Legion
And a primitive regiment
And of course
A Navy Armsman.

my favorite image of this subject

Only if the Catachan Jungle Fighters can frag em.

t. thinks tyranids are a zerg knockoff

>no one has even mentioned the concept of an imperial guard on ship with chaos taking over

For shame Sup Forums.

A horror game with you as a lone imperial guard on a ship that's being fucked over by chaos would be wonderful. Just going about your day when you slowly start to notice that things are off throughout the ship and then at some point alarms start blaring as half your own crew turns against you and daemons begin pouring in from the warp and hunting you down.

Like Alien Isolation but you have a lasgun instead of a flamethrower.

Dude. Ork boyz are about as tall as a space marine and nobs are about as big as terminators.

That's some grade A+ heresy

Patrician

Cadia are basically the poster boy for Imperial Guard. Imagine if every single fucking Space Marine appearance only featured Ultramarines. That's how it is with guard. All we see is fucking Cadia.

So like Dead Space 2 but 40k?

Fucking boring I know the life of a guardsman is pretty shitty but you guys take these game ideas to far

>WHEN YOU DIE YOU TAKE THE PLACE OF ANOTHER GUARDSMAN
>LETS MAKE IT SUPER GRIMDARK AND SPOOKY

Just give me a fun shooter like left4dead with a versus mode

Sex isn't heresy, you mong.

Do these guys not like each other?

Cadian gear is standardized and a lot of other planets model themselves off of their spiritual lieges.

Ya, that's more accurate. Station is going to shit and then it enters a calm point for a while before more shit happens and what not.

never implied that you died. some guardsmen are just extremely lucky and its not like the guardsmen themselves as individuals can't do some fucking insano shit. look at catachan imperial guard, they could probably go toe to toe in melee with an Ork.

I don't get it

>like left4dead with a versus mode

why do left4dead clones always forget to add the one thing that made left4dead so fun? Id kill to play as Skaven in vermintide.

>Inquisition killing the Emperor's actual children
This is beyond stupid

>blueberry cunt face commies

FUCK OOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

The Scintillans are from a fluff world created for the 40k ttrpgs.

That particular regiment is all the scions and offspring of nobility.

The demo-adventure they released for the Only War RPG had the party play as a squad of Catachans who find out a little belatedly that the front is being rolled back across the line and orders are out to evacuate because the Navy is going to glass the country from orbit. The Scintillans got evacuation shuttles. You get thirteen hours to hoof it.

youtube.com/watch?v=vMGWJNRoWPE

I want an actual class based combined arms warfare game similar to Star Wars Battlefront (No, Eternal crusade doesn't count, fuck off) with the factions as followed:
Imperium
>Guardsmen
>Heavy Weapons Guadsmen (Cannot move and shoot)
>Catachan (Does more damage if by himself)
>Priest (Gives an AoE healing buff)
>Commissar (Can team kill for increased damage to everyone but himself)
>Karskin (Increased damage in groups of others with the Imperium faction)
>Special troops: Tactical Marines, Beakies and Sisters of Battle (Call can deepstrike)
>Leader: Marine Captain
Special trait: Has the highest unit cap but generally lowest health/damage

Tau
>Fire Warrior
>Gue'va (Can pick up regular Imperium weapons)
>Stealth suits (Ability to turn invisible for a short time)
>Kroot (Heals upon kills)
>Drone controller (Can summon drones to help, different drones)
>Pathfinder (Equipped with marker lights to highlight enemies
>Special Troops: Ghoskeel (Better invisibility to Stealth suits), Crisis (Jetpacks son) and Broadside suits (Multitude of weapons) (Can all deepstrike)
>Leader: Ethereal (Buffs out of the fucking ass)
Special trait: Captures control points twice as fast as any other faction, but melee is suffering

Necrons:
>Warrior
>Immortal (Double damage to vehicles)
>Scarab Swarm (Can damage anything in melee)
>Deathmarks (Can deepstrike in)
>Destroyers (Cannot capture points but is the fastest Necron unit)
>Wraiths (Can go into a state where they cannot capture or attack, but cannot be attacked either)
>Special units: Lych Guard (Takes the damage for the Overlord if nearby) and Triarch Praetorian (Has a chance to ignore damage)
>Leader: Overlord (Allows for Necrons to instantly revive at their death zone)
Special trait: Highest damage weapons and highest health pool but captures points twice as slow and has the lowest unit cap
1/?

Subtlety is for the weak.

FAILURE IS THE WEAKNESS OF THE ENEMY

Sure the Imperial Guard tanks may have firepower but they are way to slow to be able to support the infantry in proper combined arms tactics.

Okay so who was the idiot who thought it was a good idea to let the Adeptus Mechanicus horde all the tech instead of sharing it with the rest of the imperium?

Orkz
>Slugga boy
>Shootaboyz (Longer range firing)
>Tankbustas (Can lock onto vehicles)
>Gretchin (Can be eaten by Orkz to heal)
>Burna Boyz (AoE damages)
>Stormboyz (Flies duh)
>Special units: Nobz (Takes less damage), Pain Boy (Damages but quickly heals Orks) and Weird Boy (Buffs)
>Leader: Warboss (Da biggest and da strongest)
Special trait: Orkz get stronger the more they are damaged with the highest melee but are generally slow and have weak accuracy

Chaos
>Cultist
>Bloodletter (Heals after kills)
>Nurgling (Damages enemies in an aoe around it)
>Daemonette (Can quickly warp)
>Horror (Can deepstrike)
>Fury (Flies)
>Special units: Khorne Berserker (Heals and does more damage after kills), Noise Marines (Can push enemies back), Sorcerer (Buffs out the ass), Plague Marine (Shoots diseases that spread and reset if enemies are grouped up together) (Can all deepstrike)
>Leader: Bloodthirster (Must be in battle to stop losing health)
Special Trait: Can get better if they complete their god's request (Khorne = Certain number of kills, Tzeentch = Certain number of capture points, Nurgle = Certain number of damage and Slaanesh = certain number of points in total) but have generally weaker units to start with.

Eldar
>Guardians
>Howling Banshee (Can leap towards enemies)
>Striking Scorpion (Can deepstrike and increase rate of fire when firing upon a single target)
>Fire Dragons (Extra damage against vehicles)
>Rangers (Can ignore damage)
>Special units: Warlock (Buffs units), Warp Spyders (Can turn invisible) and Wraithguard (Locks onto targets when hits)
>Leader: Farseer (Has abilities to buff and debuff. If it succeeds, the ability goes off cooldown)
Special Trait: Can teleport back to any spawn point at any time, but do not have much health
2/?

How dare you compare the russ to those shit tanks

Combined arms are for Tau. IG barely has a unified doctrine

Every single audio book has them as "lass-gun"

A big ass campaign. Mixed armies from multiple planetary regiments have always been a thing.

Tyranids
>Tyranid warrior
>Genestealer (Attacks faster if near other genestealer players)
>Maleceptor (Buffs powered by the kills it has made)
>Venomthropes (Can go invisible with a toxic gas)
>Hive Guard (Does more damage to vehicles)
>Ripper swarm (Deepstrikes)
>Special units: Brood lord (Can use buffs based on kills it has made), Swarmlord (Delays death by a few seconds) and Tyranid Prime (Close range fire damages those around the main target)
>Leader: Hive Tyrant (Can fly and deal buffs based on kills made
Special Trait: Can get Special Units with just points rather than capturing the special objective and get stronger the more kills made by the entire swarm, but starts off weak.

Dark Eldar is out of my realm of knowledge honestly.
3/3

Sit down xeno-scum. You are unlikely to have any relevance for years to come. Just keep fighting minuscule threats that make you feel like big boys.

tbf they're relevant insofar as they're an example of one of the countless minor empires that assails the Imperium on all sides.
Sure, all the Tau empire is probably equal to a dozen Imperial Sectors, but what about the Rak'gol next door? The Stryxis reavers? The Yu'Vauth, the Tarellian dog soldiers, etc etc etc.

But nobody complains about the deldar, it's always the Tau who attract hate and get called commie weeaboos despite being utilitarians and Imperium fanboys
>worshiping their emperor as a living god
>being overly fond of melee weapons for no reason
>believing death in service to their emperor is the highest goal they can achieve
>having humongous walking battlemecha

Go figure.

Just wait until the great rift consumes the galaxy and kills all the fleshborn filth with warp signatures. Then the us and the Tau will finally get to be relevant.

Because you'd die to fast and constantly. I would kill for a massive online co-op game where everyone plays a rank and file guardsman in a massive battle and you rank up after enough battles but only if you actually survive. You can get an officer position and are required to call in support from Tanks and Artillery, and order charges and bayonet affixing and stuff requiring actual planning. You could be part of a tank or artillery crew and have to lay down supporting fire.

Yeah I'd fucking play the hell out of that.

Set aside the autism fagnut. I meant they literally have no relevancy in the current state of the 40k franchise. Its all Chaos, Imperium, SpaceSpace marines and Eldar at the moment, with Orkz being the next one in the next update.