We made a shooter with a cool Lovecraftian setting and story type

>We made a shooter with a cool Lovecraftian setting and story type
>What do we do now?
>Lets make the borg but with 20 times more gore!

t.baby who pissed his pants at quake 4 stroggifcation scene

Whats wrong with the strogg?

I thought that was pretty cool. Why aren't we allowed to like anything on here?

I unironically loved playing this shitty game back in the day.

To be fair i would love to see a new quake game that goes back to medieval hell, but I am quite happy with the strogg. Quake doesnt need to be DOOM.

This, I knew it was garbage but it sure was fun

I remember playing the demo and enjoying the fuck out of it but never bought the full game.

What was actually wrong with it?

Its a Battlefield clone that was better than Battlefield

Quake wars was fucking awesome, why hasn't it gone f2p yet?

>Quake
>Lovecraftian

it was a 360 launch title but was also a terrible port at the same time

Wanna know how I know you didn't play the first game?

>Quake doesnt need to be DOOM.
Quake never was Doom, the problem is that there's a real fine line to tread between the two, especially with the various religions symbols (pentagrams, crucified Jesus, crosses) in Quake, and nu-Doom inheriting various Quake staples like Quad Damage.

I tried replaying Quake 4 recently. God, it's so mediocre. It's just a boring corridor shooter. It makes cover shooters feel innovative.

We need more body horror scenes like the stroggification.

It was more fun than it had any right to be.

>hey let's made a dark fantasy game with a solid plot
>whoops we fucked up let's just stuff guns there, fuck plot, you kill the final boss by walking into a portal
>10/10 game right here

>Hey for the third game lets make it a multiplayer focused shooter
>GOOD Quake single player never ever

Ill never understand the thought process of making quake 4 a sequel to 2

I'm that guy who actually loves Q4.

>no one at id can work together nicely
>a bunch of different maps in different styles by different map authors using different texture sets by different artists, with different enemies to match
>still no idea what to actually do with the game
>people want to go with the old RPG idea
>not enough time
>fuck it, throw some guns in and mash all the levels and enemies together and we'll ship it
>still turns out better than doom in every measurable way

>>still turns out better than doom in every measurable way
HAHAHAHA

No.

You have to be 18 to post here

debate me

But the last boss was named after a Lovecraft monster!

And so were Shamblers, and Shalraths, and Spawns weren't but their model name (tarbaby) fits Lovecraft's racism anyway, and on of the main designers for the game is the guy who made the Call of Cthulhu tabletop game.

Why?

It’s quite kafkesque.

Oh, and Chthon too.

You niggurath

Strogg > Doom 1 clone

Quake vs Doom arguments have been done to death, so I won't even bother.

Well I don't mind the Strogg themes, and I actually enjoyed Q2, my main complaint about Q2 is that most enemies are kind of slow and not very effective (I think the scariest Q2 monster for me was always Parasite, the dog with the tongue). And if you ever played Q4 on maximum difficulty, you know that most enemies don't fuck around, I mean Berserkers will straight up sprint into your face and murder you (at least until you get Strogg legs). Plus, I like how some higher tier enemies are designed almost as mini-bosses, like Gladiator who has multiple weapons (one of which you can destroy), an energy shield, strong melee. Other than that, weapons feel good, there's a strong techno-organic horror theme, bosses are mostly pretty good... The game is not perfect, it forces you to have teammates too much for my taste, has too many cutscenes for the kind of plot it has (which is mediocre at best), but overall it's a corridor shooter done mostly right. I had zero expectations and I was pleasantly surprised.

Oh come on, so everything is lovecraftian now? Last boss, as well as the enemies just look demonic.

becouse it was a boring unskipable cutsce

>Lovecraftian setting

>>Lets make the borg but with 20 times more gore!

Sounds good to me.

Dammit Romero, this is why we fired your ass.

raven are shitty developers

Shut your whore mouth!

Coming from the first game, Quake 2 will always be considered a disappointment to me.

he quit before q2 development has even started

>He thinks we're talking about ET
>Not Q4.

Goddamn, what is this board turning into.

you realize the OP image is the box art for ET:QW, right?

>Lovecraftian
What you really mean is Derlethian, the EA equivalent of Lovecraft writers who took everything and then shat all over it with his own fan fiction.