ITT: GAMES THAT NEED A SEQUEL

ITT: GAMES THAT NEED A SEQUEL

I hate the fucking captcha so fucking much.

Not only does this game not need a sequel, it unironically should never have existed. It's a proof of concept packaged and sold for $60.

the kinda did it in Sun/Moon. But it sucked obviously, lagged and looked like shit. The chances of it happening again on Pokemon Switch arent low though, with the gyro controls and all...

OP once again with shit tastes

this. Its the same as 1-2-Switch. Kinda fun maybe but should be included for free. Also theres a lot of nostalgia involved with people liking snap, so they would realize that the game actually isnt good when nintendo makes a new one.

You have bad taste.
This game was the shit dudes.

Fug I said the same thing with wii and wii u and it never happened

pokemon snap neverever. Sucks because I legitimately loved the fuck out of this game

did you happen to be between 4 and 10 years old when it released (or when you played it)? If yes you know why it was "the shit". Its a literal baby game

If it hasn't happened now it's never going to.
>Have preexisting 3D models
>WiiU/Switch controller is shaped like a camera

But the best part about pokemon games is immersing yourself in the pokemon world.

I really liked this game when I was young, but don't think a spiritual successor necessarily needs to be about pokemon.

The idea of going around seeking out rare fantastical creatures just to get a good picture of them is a really fun premise in itself.

I want a new Blast Corps game. Even a spiritual successor as long as it's good.

>We got Pokken instead of Pokemon Snap U

yeah you're right I've never considered that, you could even have a few spooky levels

According to the pokedex in pokemon yellow, pidgeot flies at 1,500 miles per hour

not all the time that would be retarded

Reaching that speed is just as stupid for a regular animal

> a few spooky levels
Gotta get that picture.

I owned a n64 and had pokemon stadium 1 and 2 but never cared about getting this game because it seemed gay. Is it actually fun?

I don't know if others liked it but I thought it was cool. It's not really much of a game though... so I guess not to most people maybe. It's also very short too despite not being much of a game in the first place

yeah but not in a shitty camera game where you float with a UFO

This entire game was so fucking good.

It's the closest pokemon has. They need a first-person realtime botw pokemon game except it has to be good

>there will never be a spiritual successor

The problem is that designing a spiritual successor with nothing to stand on would be very hard. The whole reason it became a Pokemon game was because Nintendo (rightfully) thought that a game solely about taking pictures and nothing else was a boring idea. Even with today'd technology, imagine how time-intensive and costly it would be to create an entire world, flora, and fauna just to take pictures of it. It wouldn't sell. Take the already-existing world of Pokemon and its 800 or so creatures and half the work is already done.

There was Michigan Report From Hell, which was an interesting premise about being the cameraman in a horror scenario.

Shame it was hilariously bad.

Even harder - game has a sequel that is great but was limited. This game would be god tier on any further system.

>first-person realtime botw pokemon game
no thanks

Yeah, it'd probably need to be an optional camera mode as opposed to the main selling point.

More things like Beyond Good and Evil would be fun, where you try to fill out a photo album of sci-fi creatures on top of everything else that was going on.

Third person?

They had their chance during the Gamecube but now that ship has sailed so long ago it's the Titanic.

Too much shit
Too many Pokemon
How the fuck would you even have wild Gardevoir without it looking absolutely retarded?

There's been attempts by various fans and the developers themselves to make a Plok sequel, but none of them could match Tim Follin's soundtrack or Lyndon Brooke's art, and it's not like the gameplay's good enough to stand on its own.

>the Wii, Wii U and 3DS are seemingly designed from the ground up for a game like Snap
>it never happened

Speaking of games that need a sequel you posted one. I mean an actual sequel not a fucking """sequel""" that is completely unrelated to the first game. I will never not be mad about this the end screen with Peyj is going to probably go the grave with me.

1. Pokken was made by bamco, it's development had no impact on any other pokemon titles

2. Pokken is fucking great. Not only does it deliver on the promise of a pokemon game with realtime combat that people have always wanted, but it's a legimately great competiive fighting game and is absurdly well balanced.

Wait did the "sequel" come out already? What is it like?

No it didn't they've announced and shown some trailers but from everything they have shown and said it's a prequel and has no relation to the first game.

I played this game when I was like 10 and didn't understand the point of it. Was there anything to do apart from snapping pics of pokemons? Like, a story or something?

Theres a shit ton of secrets to find and you gain new items that let you interact with earlier levels in different ways. but main point is obv pictures and what story are you really gonna have about that

Only 20 years to go!

You're trying to get a high score and if you did certain things you could trigger rarer Pokemon to come out or go to different areas with rarer Pokemon that would increase your score if you took pictures of them.

>absurdly well balanced
Using the exact same wording everytime someone criticizes Pokken is a good way to become a tripfag without a trip

the captcha gets worse every day. obviously hiro wants you to buy a pass

you know they only used like 90 of the origianl 150 in pokemon snap right? thats why you never see an abra, because of what you just said.

>Captain Toad is one of the chosen few Mario characters to appear in Odyssey
>His inclusion is fucking great
Little guy deserves it honestly.

this, i would love to see it getting ported to switch, or straight up a sequel, but I lay my hopes on Sakurai.

>everybody who has X opinion is a samefag!

how does it feel to be retarded

They should just put this on DS and Switch

You call it "Absurdly well balanced" every time man.

I like Pokken, but come the fuck on.

this. it's still that unique even though that GitS game and Blacklight get close
I wonder if just a visual update would draw people back in