Protect your PC from Sup Forums ransomware before you regret it

Protect your PC from Sup Forums ransomware before you regret it.

1. Turn on your Ublock.
2. Go into settings
3. Turn on all non-experimental filters.
4. Update everything (top of the 3rd Party Filters tab)
5. Copy and paste this in My Filters:

Sup Forums.org##script:inject(abort-current-inline-script.js, String.fromCharCode)

Also, get Windows Defender, uBlock and uMatrix if you haven't yet.

Just buy an apple tablet.

(You)

GUYS WHAT DO I DO? I THINK IT'S GOT ME ALREADY

>If you saw these strange ads like and you clicked on then, then yes, I'd be worried.
>Otherwise, if you just saw a broken page most of the time, then your script blocker of choice did its job and you're fine. The domains themselves can't run or install shit, they were just meant to break the site for people who use scriptbockers and if you then decided to allow them or if you didn't use any blocker they injected these strange ads which would indeed probably have infected your pc with something, but only if you clicked on them.

I have never seen an ad on Sup Forums, am I in the clear
I use 4chanx/oneechan, ublocko

Yes, they are the only boards that require a web browser to use.

If you're not using NoScript or uMatrix, you have no idea whether you're in the clear.

If you didn't click on an ad, you're fine.

How do we get rid of gookmoot?

Buy the website from him.

fuck off polturd

I haven't been on in about 14 hours because sleep and now work, Sup Forums worked fine when I was last here. I have ublock, am I fine? I haven't seen an ad in years.

im using Sup Forums X and havent been seeing any ads. Should i be worried?

I am technologically retarded, what it does? *blocks your PC*?

why would you click on any ad

also I got NoScript and the site broke

Did you follow the instructions regarding Ublock?

Why would anyone be panicking if this was related to being stupid enough to click an ad?

only a drumpf voter would believe you can get ransomware just by visiting a website
vaccinations give you autism and water turns you gay btw

Add this to your Ublock filters
Sup Forums.org##script:inject(abort-current-inline-script.js, String.fromCharCode)
and block this domains
smcheck.org
amgload.net
piguiqproxy.com
it would also be good if you check with a script blocker to see what is being run while your in Sup Forums.

What the fuck is their problem?

Presuming you're using Windows, that's all it takes, because everything gets run as admin. Even Linux can get infected if you run your browser as Root.

Because it's a circus being spun by anons who are having a giggle at idiots' expense.

It breaks the catalog

Thanks cunt, now my CSS is all fucked

Stop roleplaying you faggot. It's not ransomware

Then you haven't updated everything, added the shit into your filters, and used a script blocker to block these scripts.

I'm trying to

the true 4chinz experience

Except for Windows making a big show of itself whenever you do things as administrator, explicitly asking you if you want to run x software as administrator.

That's bad, did you add the filters?

Yes. And to run your web browser, you need to click "yes." Clicking, "no," means the program won't open.

Run.

>Ublock
dropped

>>Except for Windows making a big show of itself whenever you do things as administrator,
Doesn't everyone turn that off day one?

>ransomware
Yesterday it was just seeing ads, now it's ransomware? What's the truth here.

>get Windows Defender

fuck

Hищeтa.

you haven't used windows in two decades

good thing i browse on mobile then

Some dude on Sup Forums claimed ransomware without proof.

Either way, the scripts are fucky, as they will break the site if you disable them without updating Ublock Origin.

Am I safe?

One user on Sup Forums said he got ransomeware'd, and at the same time three external ukranian pages were required to be run as scripts or Sup Forums CSS brakes, probably nothing to do with each other but who knows.

user I...

man

4th time that I have to change methods.

Just stop Hiro

I don't believe UAC was available in Windows 95/98.

ah fuck i infected

I should've clarified, i browse using one of the many fine mobile apps available to me so i'm all diddlyrighterino

Just gib pastebin fampai

Pls respond

>If you didn't click on an ad, you're fine
Thought that was obvious

Fuck, what's going on lads?
Is mobile browsing safe?
I hope faggot mods don't delete the thread so people are informed of what's going on.

This wouldn't happen on reddit.

yes, u ok

so what actually happened to cause all the panic?

Who the fuck even clicks on ads?

Yeah

>get uMatrix
>connection error
one day I will not be computer illiterate but today is not the day
halp

How do i block domains?

>There are people actually falling for scaremongering.

>see the weird ads today
>put ublock in (was using ABP before) like 15 minutes ago
>see the slav scripts
>put in the Sup Forums filter
>running Malawarebytes and no sign of malware
>none of the files seems to be fucked with
So I'm safe, I assume?

exactly, that's the last time you were running everything as admin all the time

There's no need. Mark those 3 scripts as untrusted. Then go into Ublock Origin, turn on all non experimental blockers (I left "ignore generic cosmetic filters" unchecked, too), click Purge all caches, click Update now, then go into My filters, and type:

It's that simple.

mobile browsing appears safe, just get ublock or noscript and block smcheck.org amgload.net piguiqproxy.com
then add Sup Forums.org##script:inject(abort-current-inline-script.js, String.fromCharCode) under 'my filters' to keep the page from breaking

>ublock
What's wrong with adblock? I haven't been keeping up with any Sup Forums-approved stuff.

Firstly, Windows XP didn't have it either. Secondly, Windows Vista and up have UAC, but it's literally asking you to run as admin, and if you don't click yes, it won't open. That's because Windows runs EVERYTHING as admin.

perhaps, but it's better to learn how to avoid being ransomwared than to just ignore it

Do people even click on ads? The only ads I ever clicked on were those interactive ones that appeared above and beside runescape 12 years ago.

Yea, I guess.

An ad showed up through ad blockers, made Sup Forums investigate, and found out some on these domains have ransomware and another has NSA on its details

It whitelisted certain advertisers even with an on by default option to allow them and even kept the whitelist on despite shutting off said option.

it's not as thorough

I don't think I've ever intentionally clicked an ad.

adblock whitelists anyone who pays them and heavy on ram. uBlock is lightweight and open source.

Heavier, doesn't block ads that pay ABP enough money.

you haven't used windows in two decades.

Three ukranian sites got added as script on Sup Forums, if you disabled them the site's CSS broke,besides being suspicious it also broke adblockers.
After this happened, some user on Sup Forums said he got ransomeware'd and got anons thinking that this might had something to do with it.
fitler 'em

NSA is never a good sign

oh is THAT why shit was fucking up

...huh, really regret clicking run scripts now

Also removing the ads conventionally breaks the website, so having such ads in the site scripts just means the current admin is responsible for it.

Burden of proof is on the claimant.

Hiroshmoot has be selling 4chans data to NSA since he took over though

Why doesn't Hiro just ask for donations or some shit? Fuck this malware faggotry.

Is that firefox?

i been clean the past day, even before putting in the custom rules, updating 4chanx, and manually blocking scripts. Could geography matter? im from canada, anyone loaded the scripts from here? (had to set scripts on to captcha)

Waterfox.

The ransome ware is obvious fearmongering.
But those scripts looks shady as hell and are getting deleted if they're posted on Sup Forums.
Would you really trust hiro after the shit he pulled?

Rich fucci boi can afford a pass and block google huh?

what do I do with uMatrix???

He has google scripts running. I don't.

so where's the proof windows runs everything as admin all the time, you retarded Sup Forums nigger?

you're outdated. update asap.

How do you pronounce uMatrix?

block all the scripts that are third parties, in the case of Sup Forums allow Sup Forums.org, google and fonts.googleapis.com for captcha

Even if all this shit is appearing, as long as the domains are not connected, it's safe?

google script appear on as the captcha loads, dont ask me how.

Was curious because an extension that allows you to filter javascripts looked familiar.