What are your thoughts on Killing Floor 2?

What are your thoughts on Killing Floor 2?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AtBjGinfegw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

got nothing on the first KF

Not enough black characters

still has better atmosphere

You really stupid enough to play "shoot zombi to head" games for atmosphere?

Everything has an atmosphere, regardless of whether how important it is.

Good shit

played the 1st for 10 hours
played the 2nd for 110

the value of kf2 microtransactions dwarf this

>openly admits kf2 has bad atmosphere

also the game looks lubed up at all times, terrible trash shaders

Tripwire redemeed themselves

I gladly take the dozen other things it does better over some atmosphere.

Pretty great. It's a solid fps and has some great animations. The weapons feel good to use. I come back to it once in a while to play a few rounds. Have nearly 300 hours clocked so far.

Better than the first one except for the shitty trader and atmosphere

>Better than the first one
(You)

I think it's fun as fuck personally, core mechanics are good and gunplay feels really fuckin nice

The new classes are pointless when sharpshooter and commando exist. Survivalist was a mistake. Otherwise the game feels like an upgrade of the first.

THIS CATS BACK IN THE GAY-ME

It is. The combat isn't as methodical.

I dunno, I enjoyed the first game much more. Playing 2 with randoms feels like I have no output if we win or lose. I could solo waves on HoE if my team died by myself in the first game.

KF2 puts too much emphasis on team and none on individual skill. You're essentially required to have a beserker and medic in KF2.

Huh, the ability to buy what you want, for a more or less reasonable set price versus having to spend unknown amounts of money in the hopes that your gamble pays off and you get what you want OR pay an overinflated price to get what you want. The weapon dlc is inexcusable and the reason I stopped playing Killing Floor in the first place. Damn shame it's so dead these days, because I still enjoy it over 2.

It's fun to play for half an hour at a time, but there's a severe lack of depth.

So just play Solo. Problem solved.

You dont have to pay any real world money for the weapons in KF2.

It's fun.

Godly animations (i have a 144hz monitor)
Gunplay is great, some stock maps are great to play on, extensive custom maps, cosmetics are annoying but considering how kf1 handled them id prefer this cancer instead

It has two main problems though, the balance and the difficulty: kf2 is just too east, suicidal and below is trivial to win on and hoe is just slighty more mob hp which makes no real difference, just more mobs to kill is dull, kf1 handled this far better

A problem with why the game is so easy is movement speed buffs, they are literally breaking the game, gunslinger/zerker/medic have the easiest time in the game because they can just kite and run forever and no boss can catch up to them, everyone else needs skill to win since theyre closer to kf1 balance of not having infinite kite cheese
So either remove movement speed buffs from the game or make mmobs and bosses even faster on hoe or better yet make sprint not and infinite duration plus no ms boosts

ah yes the 100% cosmetic microtransactions as opposed to $6.99 weapon packs

Yes user, I know this. Reread the post and tell me where exactly I said you had to pay for weapons with real money in killing floor 2.

they were literally a small modteam who won a competition for a couple of licenses of the UT 2004 engine, for Red Orchestra and the first KF. The skin packs were usually released with the major updates so they could afford to make more free updates, and for games in the future.

Of course they eventually started shilling with paywalled weapon packs, and the full Valve fomula shebang with KF2, fuckwads.

On the whole I like KF much better. KF2 is fun in its own right, but in some aspects they missed the point entirely and/or messed it up with console shit

KF2
>Lost its charm
>retarded open map design
>no weapons
>lootboxes
>forced pvp
But godamn do i love playing it because the guns feel good

hello? The enemies move faster, differently and gain new abilities based on what difficulty you're playing on in KF2. KF1 is just +hp +dmg +walkspeed... how is this any better handling of difficulty?

It's a good game its just not a good Killing Floor game

You werent able to outrun patty with just a knife in kf1

They need to add prestige or raise the level caps
They need waaaaaay more guns
They need to bring back the surivival horror vibe of kf1 and get rid of this squeaky clean aesthetic
All that and I wouldn’t stop playing ever

>The skin packs were usually released with the major updates so they could afford to make more free updates, and for games in the future.
This is the idea behind the MTX in KF2, optional cosmetics in exchange for free updates with actual content for all players, if you ask me this system is much better than the DLC system in KF1 which puts weapons behind paywalls.
>Open map design
The default maps are generally fine if you ask me, and we still have people pumping out custom maps bi-daily.
>no weapons
Untrue
>lootboxes
See above
>forced pvp
430 hours in and i've only played PVP once, you cannot call that forced.

>a game from 2009 has more DLC than a game from late 2016

Dead modding community. Where are the servers with custom monsters and weapons?
youtube.com/watch?v=AtBjGinfegw

OBSESSED

is this the one we're used seeing naked in the room with anime posters + short hairs?

>buying SJWire shit

To add they have these fucking crazy melee mechanics and already implented parry so why not use it to make it more skill based to tanking bosses instead of just LMAO running in circles around the boss until it dies

Its actually quite opposite. A game from 2016 has gotten more content updates than a game from 2009 and it is all for free.

Plenty of RPG servers on atm, got a new custom server coming down the pipeline with a few friends of mine aswell. I have not seen any custom zeds like the Brute as of yet but there are a few weapons on the workshop.
wat

RPG servers suck

cosmetics microtransactions aren't fine stop being an idiot, also KF1 is 50% cosmetics too

>as long as im the leader in tripwire, you will never see skimpy woman or full clad armor men

He's right. Why insert a bikini girl in your game when it doesn't fit the themes whatsoever? If it's only to pander, that's dumb.

It sounds like you really only play Zerk. And parrying is used in the conjunction of the kiting when a fleshpound or a boss catches you it is best to turn around and do a parry the moment you get hit and then continue running.

but you have to gamble for skins or buy them at ludicrous prices from the market place, where a single item alone is valued at more thean every bit of kf1 dlc combined

>forced pvp
so you're telling me the game disabled the PvE modes and forced you into matchmaking queues for PvP every time you open the game? i have a very hard time believing that.

fuck that brings back memories

I havent checked (because I dont care) but I would imagine that the skins are very cheap in the marketplace unless you're going for the rarest ones. This happened with both TF2 and Dota 2. Theres no point buying keys and gambling unless you're after the rare drops.

>A game from 2016 has gotten more content updates than a game from 2009

no it hasn't

>all for free.

those lazily curated item skins from the workshop they buy at a flee and then make tons of through rng rigging? oh yes very free

Why do incels keep getting so assblasted about this?

>those lazily curated item skins from the workshop they buy at a flee and then make tons of through rng rigging? oh yes very free
He means the additional bosses, official maps and weapons that they have been adding for no additional price.

yes but obviously everybody wants the cool ones, which are usualy anywhere in between 5 - 300 bucks

man dont even get me started on this shit we used to be able to buy golden skins at 10 bucks and it was considering expensive then now those same skins sit on the 250+ range, it's fucking disgusting and i prefer the fixed price model

but it doesn't have more content though, it's got a couple more bosses, maybe a little bit less maps and way less guns

With the recent update you can actually buy the golden skins for around 10 bucks (mightve been more actually, i forget) from the ingame shop.

KF1 was fun and all but after they started bloating the game with (arguably P2W) DLC weapon packs it lost a lot of its charm for me. I enjoy the gameplay in KF2 much, much more.

t. over 1000 hours in both

oh that's good i guess but i guess it's on the temporary rotation?

Not even close

>can't stfu about how they came from the modding scene/background
>proceed to kill modding community for their games

hmmmm

it's pretty fun but i can't imagine playing this shit for 100s of hours (fuck u mellow)

It has gotten like 11 new offical maps, 6 classes, 2 bosses, 20 weapons... You can google "kf2 patches" and go to kf2 wiki and count by yourself if you feel so concerned. At the moment the game has easily more perks, weapons, bosses and offical maps than KF1 and all for free. (it has user made levels too)

god how I fucking hate this rarity items bullshit

I cant be arsed to count over how many weapons each game has, but the gap is by no means huge. And considering how KF2 has been out for a lesser timespan than KF1, and the fact that we are getting steady updates with plans already laid out for 2018, it will undoubtedly have more guns and maps than KF1 by the end of its lifetime.
Yes
Thank you user.

That is like searching for a golden frying pan and then crying how everythings expensive... Why do you want to be like this?

>get free items and crates as drops
>sell them on the marketplace to retards
>use money to buy other games
What's the issue?

why are you defending disgusting microtransactions? nobody's content with low grade weapon skins and the grades only exist to fill up the system with more rarities to drop, it's a disgusting application of psychology

how could anyone prefer this shit to what they did with kf1

The fact that the pricing is so varied is great if you ask me, this way everyone can find something. If you just want some skines for the hell of it you can toss less than a dollar on some shitties and have at it, or if you're one of those rich arab princes you can go nuts and have more gold than fucking fort knox.
The MTX is justified as there is no power crawl to them, they are purely cosmetic, and the funds go towards making more updates with actual content.

nvm this game and it's audience is clearly just not meant for me

What psychology? And I prefer this because I just want to have all the weapons. In KF1 I "had to" buy the weapon packs to have all the content. I "had to" do the same with Redout when they decided to make their new maps map packs instead of being direct content to the already existing game. I REALLY dont like when games do that. But in KF2 I get all the content without having to pay for anything but the base game and my wallet is happy too.

Would love to hear you explain your position then, and what would be your type of audience aswell as game.

Here's a way of looking at it. Someone add up ALL of the cosmetics (this includes weapons packs mind you) for KF1 and someone else adds up ALL the cosmetics for KF2, including the all the different conditions for each item, and then another user can add up ALL the cosmetics while just focusing on the mint condition weapon skins. Pretty sure KF2 would beat KF1 regardless of which option you go with when it comes to adding it up.

The prices would not be that accurate as list prices fluctuate, like the most expensive helmet on the KF2 market atm, no one will ever buy that. I'd also like to mention that some skins look better in field-tested and even battle-scarred than mint. Although your point still stands that the value of the cosmetics would trump KF1's DLC

Do you also use this same logic to argue that TF2 is not free?

stop trying to defend this garbage. cs:go micro transaction cosmetic shit has no fucking place in kf2. faggot

ok pardon my autism for the long post

Cosmetic microtransactions shouldnt be acceptable at all, they were in-game reasons to keep playing and working towards the completion of specific games in goals. The metal gear series had unlockable greyfox costumes and stuff for managing to get throgh the game with a certain handicap or whatever.

This shit was never acceptable but we've let it get so far now there's a whole defense force for them.

also kf2 was funded from the start as per TWI's own words, the money they then made is what's funding the current developement, not microtransactions, they're barely doing any worthwhile developement and whatever production costs they do have are dwarfed by their income from whales chasing those epic skins on the lootboxes.

as for the psychology of the microtransactions , the rarity model is there to warp your perception of value of an item, nobody wants a skin in a quality grade where it's completely unrecognizable, cosmetics are about showing off, and the whole system is setup to be a race towards the top, ever putting pressure on the consumer to put that nickle into the slot machine

i'd much prefer just putting down 10 bucks every once in a while (less in a sale) and know what im getting than stepping into a system with a million skins to get

>better things
All the characters are worse, I'd rather have one generic brit dude for everybody, than a bunch of generic fuckers.

If some niggers are retarded enough to purchase expensive skins that give you zero advantages whatsoever except supporting the development of the game, why should I be against it?

>better differentiation between classes, firebug actually has more than one weapon now.
>parry system and overall melee is greatly improved and is actually useful for all classes if youre good.
>more status infliction on zeds for more varied combat (stunned, panic, enraged, knock down, frozen, stumbled)
>way better difficulty scaling including animations and attacks that only appear on higher levels
>greater enemy variety and bosses
>no more pure aa12 spam
>-Lack of proper atmosphere and b movie antics
>-tier system was way better than current weapon inventory
Aside from those two things kf2 is better in almost every single way. I have 600 hours in both games and kf2 is a vast improvement gameplay wise.

because you've taken away your own ability to purchase a skin at a fair price or better yet have it be unlockable through gameplay to begin with

see
Also, KF1 had actual weapon packs you could purchase, DLC that gave you a distinct advantage over any poorfag

This
The reason there is no good custom content in KF2 is because it takes forever to download any map that is more than a killbox.

I got 2k hours in it, i love it, my only complaint is the lack of extra modes and insult players.

a roguelike mode would be nice.

it seems like some of you guys are really upset that you cannot get all those cosmetic skins.

At this point I honestly like it better than the first one and I had like 200 hours on the first one before they went full jew with their DLC weapons.

It is the norm at the moment, you could say it has a place in any game. Dosen't make it right but we've more or less made our own bed.
>Cosmetic microtransactions shouldnt be acceptable at all, they were in-game reasons to keep playing and working towards the completion of specific games in goals. The metal gear series had unlockable greyfox costumes and stuff for managing to get throgh the game with a certain handicap or whatever.
KF2 still has something like this with the weekly outbreak system actually.
>as for the psychology of the microtransactions , the rarity model is there to warp your perception of value of an item, nobody wants a skin in a quality grade where it's completely unrecognizable, cosmetics are about showing off, and the whole system is setup to be a race towards the top, ever putting pressure on the consumer to put that nickle into the slot machine
Cant speak for others, but if i buy a skin i buy it because i like the look of it, not for showing off.
I can see where you're coming from, but really i just have a "could be worse" mentality about the whole situation, long as i'm not being forced to use unnecesarry cosmetics or being disatvantaged by not spending money on them, it's alright.

That won't support the game in the long run, are weapon packs with ingame advantages really the better option in your mind?
Also, I don't give a flying fuck about the skins. Why do you?
Just laugh at the retards purchasing pixels for a couple hundred dollars,if your taste weren't shit you'd realize that the best looking stuff is actually dirt cheap

>he hasnt done grooveyard
>he hasnt fought the combine at helms deep
Did you even play kf2 user?

Prices fluctuating is the reason why KF1's dlc was better, this is in regards to the characters and the weapon skins, the dlc weaponry itself and anyone who defends it can fuck off with that bullshit. Imagine they started adding character loot boxes in KF2? Imagine buying three different boxes to get the the robot character from KF1. One box that drops the robot head, one box to drop the robot body, and then an emote box that replaces character lines with the robot sfx. Fuck that, just make it to where you can purchase what you want at a reasonable price instead of this rng nonsense or paying an overinflated price for something.
No one is talking about TF2 user and I can't answer that because I never played the game.

>are weapon packs with ingame advantages really the better option in your mind?

no, they weren't good to be fair

but they could offer straight up cosmetic packs at a fixed price without the whole rng price hiking scheme they've got going on, the in-game story they've got going on is a minor step in the good direction i guess

i mean have fun i guess, i can't see past how TWI went from playing the humble indie underdog to fully bigcorp jew between the space of two games, it irks me

but yeah whatever have fun i guess, the game's just not for me, outside of the microtransactions too

>too clean
>no funny dialogue
>weapons feel meh
>too much grind for perks
At least there was a map set in denmark, that was pretty cool.

go look at payday 2 and you'll be thanking TWI every night before bed for being so merciful and kind

>weapons
Objective, but if you ask me KF2 has the best feeling weapons out of any FPS in recent years, i was more or less in complete ecstasy when they first released Gunslinger.
>grind
Feels less grindy than KF1 imo

Should I level the normal way or just use cheat servers? I have no friends who play so it's boring on normal.