Shitty sequels

Shitty sequels

Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0jaBYDzKjmY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Better than the first in every way aside the story and the constantly changing playstyles.

>muh windows

pic very unrelated

yep, nothing is more enjoyable than constantly being shot from enemies that are offscreen!

I enjoy nolhing more than rote trial and error to pass stages, it really makes me feel like I've worked for something when i've died multiple times in a stage just to learn where and when enemies are going to start firing at you, gosh, that sure was fun!

Is it just me or where there a lot fewer gun levels in early HM compared to HM2?

I felt like the most satisfying moments of HM was the snappy moves one had to make when all you had was an iron pipe or a knife.
So far in HM2 the easiest solution for a lot of the levels to me was to fire a gun behind a door and lure people to their doom instead of actually thinking on my feet.

>what is the shift key
>what is planning

There are levels like that in HM2 aswell, the Richter ones especially.

I guess it has something to do with the stages being designed for a specific character in 2

Aside from some levels it's literally better in every way, music, story, design, gameplay, etc.

Maybe you need to git gud

Either you haven't actually played the game, or you're so retarded that you haven't figured out you could use the shift key to look farther. And even if you're this stupid, you should have figured out pretty quick that you shouldn't stay near windows. And again, in the off-chance that you'll get hit by an off-screen enemy, you now know which window to avoid, allowing you to keep playing without falling for this trick anymore. Also, git gud

Sounds like you just suck cock at this game, user. Also hilarious picture.

>I guess it has something to do with the stages being designed for a specific character in 2
Yeah that's probably it.
It's a bit unfortunate because I think the guns are probably the weakest part of the game and now at least half the enemies in every stage have them.

This piece of shit.

Have to back you up on the ''get shot from so far away the shift key doesn't do shit at all'' matter. Asides from that, the constant change of characters is a nice thing desu. I just wish to use every char in every level after beating HM2.

Ah yes, plan for those enemies that you have no way of knowing about.

The maps are massive, there's plenty where the shift key won't let you see everything. Have YOU played the game, kiddo?ahahha absolutely ebin my friend! upboted!

Nah

it has the "portal 2" sequel issue
it's quite hard to explain
it loses what made the first game unique for a story nobody asked for and that ruins the few pre-existing characters

portal 2 is fine though, what the fuck are you on about.

only plebs that need to git gud hated HM2

More like the total opposite. The narrative is more fleshed out and, yes, I thought it was a good way to finish the series. Fucking fight me.

it kind of ruins GLaDOS
and loses the the whole loneliness, anxiety and some of the mystery that made the first unique
Portal 1 managed to make you feel empathy for a cube while in the 2nd you almost always have Wheatley or glados doing some kind of humor

If you stand out in the open like a tard with no cover you're asking for it. Don't stand out in the open areas in those big maps then you meme-spewing waste of skin.

>that psychology study that let subjects play hit indie games and found a correlation between autism and performing badly at HM2
cant even make this shit up

What a shitty thread holy shit. Prototype 2 was a shitty sequel.

>play level
>wipe out everyone
>an enemy got stuck on a wall and left reality leaving me unable to progress
I mean they patched most of the bad bugs but it still happens more than it should

That's a thing?

the fuck are you on about you pedantic child, why don't you stream the game right now if you're so slick.

no

Shitty posts pic related

I could see it being true
>Game isn't a copy paste of the first one and changes up how you play some levels
>AAAAAAAAAH CHANGE IT BACK SHITTY SEQUEL WOW

they made the enemy AI unpredictable which killed the game.

also windows everywhere.

and when all else fails...lethal doors

You know what happens to thugs like you, OP?

Is there a more acute pleb/casual filter than Hotline Miami 2?

BAWW I CAN'T PLAY THE WHOLE GAME BAITING ONE ENEMY AT A TIME WITH MELEE WEAPONS!

git gud

>planning
>in fucking hotline miami

Why do wrong number faggots always completely miss the fucking point of the what the first game was about?

>get knife
>WASD + M1
>win
>frenetic

Both games have flaws, but try playing HM1 and you'll see how boringly easy it is. HM2 might be bullshit with the baiting at times, but you can still run and fuck shit up in most levels, except now it's actually hard.

>>get knife
>>WASD + M1
>>win
>>frenetic

Strategic placement of the black dudes in HM1 prevented this from happening, that's what the giga niggas were for, countering faggots who had this mind set. If i have to pop in and out of cover in a Hotline Miami game at all, someone fucked up the level design and something needs to be changed.

>Both games have flaws, but try playing HM1 and you'll see how boringly easy it is.

No shit, one of the game's biggest flaws is it's lack of replayability which is why I'm puzzled as to why people wanted seconds for a game that only ever worked in it's own right, they should've just released a level editor or the code for the first game so people could make mods.

2 is better in every way including the story and changing playstyles, shut up and git gud.
Never happened to me on release, and I was speedrunning levels for top spots so played quite a bit.

But if you use guns HM1 becomes even easier, let alone that masks were either fucking useless or broken as fuck.

You don't go for A+?

liar

>the code for the first game so people could make mods.
game maker studio version exists that people make mods out of actually

>Get shot from off screen over and over again
>I'm having fun I'm having fun I'm having fun I'm having fun I'm having fun I'm having fun I'm having fun I'm having fun I'm having fun I'm having fun
>Get shot from off screen again
Heh. Hehehehe. Heeeheheheheheeeh. Hahahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHA! HAAAHHAHAAAHAAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHHA! AAAHAHAHAHHAHAHABAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

*inhale*
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAHAHAHAHHAHAGAGAGAAGHAHEHHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHUGAUGAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHGGAUAGHAHAJUAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHWHQHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
I JUST WANTED A GOOD SEQUEL

>pop in and out of cover
that’s the problem with you autists, no wonder you get frustrated when you die if you try to play the game slowly and strategically, popping in and out of cover and playing overly carefully

HM2 should and can be played just like the first one, guns/bats/fists blazing without too much careful planning. the only difference is that because HM2’s levels are larger and more complex the game expects you to be able to react to outcomes much quicker and much more efficiently

HM2 is to HM1 what Lost Levels is to Super Mario Bros. it picks up at the level of difficulty the first game left off and as a result expects you to continue to adapt and improve your style of play. your old learned patterns won’t work here

casual faggots leave

But that's the game, baiting enemies.

HM1 is the one with the absolutely placid enemies you mow down.

>waaah you have to just bait everyone and everything, it's boring

youtube.com/watch?v=0jaBYDzKjmY

Inb4 you ignore the entire first half and say that because he baits a few enemies near the end my point is somehow irrelevant
HM1 has better story but I can't really go back to playing it after spending time with HM2, which in terms of gameplay is far more engaging, if more frustrating at times.

I need more of these edits they get me everytime, is there somewhere i can find a bunch of them together?

but hlm2 is literally "baiting enemies with gun shots and corner peeking: the game"

>Those fucking doors
>That goddamn glass

>Highly skilled player still has to resort to baiting to win
The average player isn't going to perform better than or even close to that.

Why is baiting even considered to be bad? Is it because shitters don't like anything that doesn't feed their ego, such as being able to mash buttons to win? Nevermind the fact that bumrushing IS a viable strategy in both games when done properly.