Is Bayonetta better than Devil May Cry games?

Is Bayonetta better than Devil May Cry games?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=14&v=smKojt_XMzw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes

Yes

Yes, Bayonetta has better controls, better dodging mechanics and overall a more satisfying combat. DMC games have useless mechanics like the enemy step and that God awful "dodge" system.

imo yes
they do different things though

dmc is fucking insanity at the highest level but actual combat flow is kinda jank
bayonetta has the best combat flow in a game ever but you don't get these ridiculous 200 apm style switch combos

Yes

No. Combo system sucks in Bayonetta in my opinion. It's just not fun and I feel detached from the character I'm playing, unlike DMC. This is just subjective though, I can understand why people like it more than DMC.
I like Bayonetta's music more, though, which surprised me. I dig the piano.

No

No. Not even close.

No. Every technique in DMC has a use whereas Bayonetta has that list of useless combos when you just want the one with the most wicked weaves.

Better than most

Yes

Bayonetta has most of the mechanical depth of DMC while adding a fuck ton of gameplay options and accessibility. Plus dodge offset is great. The edge that DMC has is that most of its advanced techniques require good execution, where in Bayonetta everything is relatively easy to do and the only real limits are your creativity. This means that doing crazy shit in DMC is actually harder, but personally I think that shit only matters to dudes who want to run Truestyle tournaments.

Plus I think the enemy design is better in Bayonetta but thats opinion.

DMC 1 and 3 > Bayonetta 1 > DMC 4 > Bayonetta 2 > DMC 2
Objective ranking.

Yes.

Kill yourselves waifufags.
Only good post in the thread.

Why would you agree with Bayo1>DMC4?

yes

not talking shit about DMC, of course, but it's just better

Pretty much this

There are things I like about either of them more than the other, but overall I like DMC more. I thinks more because DMC has less flaws rather anything too outstanding.

Because Bayo 1 is actually a complete game.

What OP? One is a tactical fps and the other is an indie game heavily with a heavy narrative centerd on themes of displacement in modern society.

NO,but i understand that some people like it more.
Its execution is simplier and has more things.
Dmc3>bayo1>dmc4>bayo2>dmc>DMC>dnc2
The only why I put bayo1 above dmc4/dmc4se its because it feels like a rushed game and it lacks polish and content.

Accurate.

No.

>DMC3 bosses
they were pretty good but when they were bad they were bad

Yeah no, the fucking underwater segments in DMC1 alone make Bayo 1 so much better

props

accurate representation of the thread so far 9/10

accurate.

>40 seconds in water

Hmm almost at same level? a little bit above maybe?
But certainly not comparable with NinjaGaiden

>DMC1 above anything other than 2

No. That game aged like shit.

Was waiting for the underage to arrive

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=14&v=smKojt_XMzw

bayonetta is barely a decent game and i didn't play anything besides dmc4 and tameem's

DMC1 is 16 years old and it shows. I can't imagine how someone can play DMC 3,4 or Bayonetta or really any Platinum game and then go back to DMC1 and think it holds of up even a little compared to these games. It's like comparing Yie Ar Kung Fu to Third Strike.

How is that devil may cry 5 going?

I think DMC3 is leagues above Bayo but bayo wins against DMC4 since its a complete game. The thing about bayo 1 is that it really isnt that replayable, too many gimmicky stages and its flooded with QTE's. Also, the combat isnt as satisfying as DMC 3/4 combat. The only "advanced" technique to learn in bayo is dodge offset. DMC is more like a combat sandbox.

yes DMC is outdated

You described dmc perfectly.

>DMC is more like a combat sandbox.
No, it's more like "look at me doing the same 5 combat moves over and over while i play this linking park song on you tube"

Sephiroth > Vergil > Dante > Bayonetta

You would get absolutely assfucked on DMD. Even with Linkin Park's dulcet tones to sooth you.

No, it's far worse, Platinum are hacks.

What makes the first DMC so great is it's level of challenge and relative mastery. It's certainly not the technical combat engines of the later games in the series or genre, but the difficulty is all still there and satisfying to conqur as it was first released. Maybe it's genuinely because i'm just a nostalgiafag who was accustomed to the game's rules since release. Even the whole game's aesthetics and atmosphere still have lasting appeal. I can't really argue if it's really better than anything else though.

Huh, maybe the libturds are on to something...

The true answer is Wonderful101

Absolutely not and you're a shit-eating casual if you disagree, but they're still pretty good.

imo bayo 1 is fucking unplayable with those retarded shootmup sections.

Well look at it this way.

>Bayonetta only has ONE (1) game on PC
>DMC now has all of the games on PC
>Bayonetta's other two games are exclusive to consoles
>Japan makes better games than the west
>the west releases games on PC, unlike Japan
>console games are worse than PC games

well gee, whudathunk

ya

literally what does any of that suggest

Bayonetta has enemy step too and it's one of the most integral parts of air combat in both games. Fuck you.

Probably that he's a retarded dude whinning about exclusives games.

>fooking hostageware!!

oh whoops, i wrote "worse" instead of "better". it's not a secret that jap console exclusives are GOTYAYs time and time again.

DMC1 is only one that's good.

stop being retarded.

Depends, he might have a chance with Hybrid Theory

Different games. They both excel in different areas. I would say only DMC3 is as good as the Bayonetta games though.

It's still a decent game but it's not even as good as Onimusha 3.

DMC4 Dante is such a fucking trash design, his outfit is fucking trash and they utterly changed his facial structure.

Is this going to be some BoT cheesing bullshit?

No, it's actually extremely simple. You just need to know your combos and not get hit.

I thought it was going to be a joke thing showing off how badly Bayo 2's system can get abused.

No. Too simple in comparison.

I can't handle ABXY, I need circle cross square triangle. Bayo games are shit and I only liked the first one.

Maybe Numb though cuz that's what his butt will be after DMD finishes with him.