Tfw games just don't hold my attention anymore

>tfw games just don't hold my attention anymore

Am I growing out of vidya games, Sup Forums? Or just burnt out?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/7PtX3j8
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL22J3VaeABQAOhH1CLMNnMl2R-O1abW1T
youtube.com/user/PhiloofAlexandria
youtube.com/user/schooloflifechannel
partiallyexaminedlife.com/category/podcast-episodes/?order=ASC
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What's the rest of your life like?

Just take a break from games for a bit, happens to me all the time

I'm selling my ps4 and pc for this reason. Once you hit a certain age its just not fun anymore.

Keep creating this stupid fucking thread every day. That'll certainly help.

Take a break and\or explore other genres you used to dislike or never tried.

It's OK. I hang out with my friends every couple of weeks to play MTG, I go out every now and again, but I really don't like my job and feel like I could be doing something better.

It's also winter where I am, so no sailing. I love sailing.

I'm just flat-out bad at RTS and tactics though. I tried XCOM and lost like 2 nations from the Council super early.

I should probably just submit myself to Silent Hunter forever, it feels like the only thing I enjoy anymore.

I felt the same way. You just aren't playing good games.

They feel so few and far between. The games I do enjoy, I get really fucking into, either because I've played them in the past and I just like setting personal goals for myself, or because they have a super high degree of variance and it's a different scenario almost every time

You sound like you outgrew videogames. Be free my boy, and never come back.

You'll be REALLY tired of games after I cut you're fucking eyes out

I don't need eyes to see what I'm playing

Maybe do something else with your life you fuck. You already said "Oh my life is ok I see my friends once every few weeks and my job sucks and those are the only noteworthy things in my life." Do something else jesus fucking christ. As soon as I quit my shit job and started making furniture from wood for a living, my life got so much more enjoyable and I'm excited to do things in my spare time(including video games) again.

Are you NEET? Or do you actually sell enough to survive

If you're really not enjoying them as much, just play less frequently and find other hobbies. It's really not that complicated. Plus you wont be as compelled to waste your life on Sup Forums if you have other interests.

happens to me alot, i just binge watch anime for awhile till i feel like playing games again

I had to admit to myself that I don't really fuck with newer games versus older classics. I played
the new Tomb Raider games and were bored to death in retrospect, then I played New Vegas and Psyconauts and got depressed when they ended (again). I think newer games for me are just ways to keep current and show of graphics instead of actual sincere enjoyment.
I usually just take a break from games for months until I play a couple for a week straight. People just need breaks.

>making furniture from wood for a living
How does one get into something like that?

I used to go canoeing but I cant swim so I probably shouldn't

I went and played MMOs because they said to do the opposite of what Sup Forums says and surprisedly, I have fun with them

Divinity original sin I.

Kill yourself you /r9k/ piece of blogging shit who literally can't do anything else but complain about vidya he doesn't play

Are you black? How the fuck can't you swim?

>Go to Grad school
I simply don't have the time to play bidya AT ALL. This month off I have to play everything I can.

Z-Zach is that you?

pls join my discord server

discord.gg/7PtX3j8

I really, really don't get the issue here.
If you aren't feeling like playing video games, do something else. It doesn't mean you have to stop playing them FOREVER, and even if you did, it's not like some next level of existence or you "growing up".
This is an American thing, isn't it?

Most likely burnt out. I felt the same way but then picked up a game in a genre I wasn't familiar with, and it rekindled my love of playing.

It depends, OP. I used to feel like you did, but I was playing RPG after RPG after RPG. What you have to do is shake it up and step out of the comfort zone. I find myself going back to lots of old games all the time instead of playing new games I buy. So I'll make play an old game, and then jump into a new game. If my last game was an RPG, I switch it up to a platformer or rhythm game or something different. The worst part is when my job demands most of my time and attention. When they schedule me for 9 to 6, it just feels like a complete wasted day because I can't get invested into my game in such a small amount of time. And if this goes on for the week, then I just stop getting the urge to play in general, so I stop playing.

PC fag who bought a PS4 here. The last PC game I ever played was Bioshock Infinite, and I've grown increasingly disillusioned by western games. My PC still has a 2500K and a 660 TI, and never bothered to upgrade it because there aren't any good games coming to PC. The only games worth playing are Japanese, and they rarely come to PC. Even multiplats are fun on the PS4, I just can't go back to PC.

I was NEET, but I do decently well now. I make enough to survive, but more importantly I love what I do. I wake up every day with butterflies in my stomach to go out to my workshop and work on something. Something like a nice hardwood coffee table goes for like 500-800 dollars depending on materials. The key is having multiple projects you work on at the same time. Also end grain cutting boards go for 90+ dollars and those are simple to make. I can go to a craft fair and make a couple thousand from 2-3 weeks worth of work.

>tfw never have felt as content as I do now with the combo of Switch, PS4, and 3ds, with some side PC stuff.

This, but only with Vita and PC.
I don't really feel like I need anything else for a while, though I do have a hacked 3DS (though I haven't touched it since I hacked it).

I'm annoyed by both Western and Japanese games. Feel my pity.
Western games are all the game generic shit and Japanese games are all the same generic randum shit. It's all shit. But at least there's a gem now and again from both.

I own a vita too, but I haven't gotten nearly as much mileage out of it as I have my others.

LGS-era Thief and all the best fan missions

They are so fucking good

It's almost as if games were meant to be played on consoles and not PC. What a novel concept.

The west rehashes, Japan rehashes. The west makes derivative games, Japan makes derivative games. The west makes MTX filled games, the Japanese do as well. It's only a problem when the west does it, however.

Maybe start reading philosophy.

Thats what I did.

Some resources to get you started:

Jordan Peterson, psychology professor at the University of Toronto on moral philosophy from a psychological perspective: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL22J3VaeABQAOhH1CLMNnMl2R-O1abW1T

Daniel Bonevac, philosophy professor at the University of Texas on the philosophies of the greats:
youtube.com/user/PhiloofAlexandria

Alain de Botton, world renown philosopher who has helped build The School of Life institution, with interests in understanding our emotions toward acting more intelligently, and indeed morally, in the world.
youtube.com/user/schooloflifechannel

Mark, Seth, Wes and Dylan of the world renowned Partially Examined Life podcast. Four old philosophy graduates who pick a philosophical text each month, read it and get together, sometimes with guests, to talk it over.
(possibly the best thing on the internet).
partiallyexaminedlife.com/category/podcast-episodes/?order=ASC

Enjoy the ascension, brother.

I told myself I'd buy a Ps4 once I got through my Vita backlog, but it only grew since then, I already had a powerful PC so I get the spare game on it (MHW) but otherwise, according to Sony's newsletter thing, I've played 4892 hours on my Vita alone so far.

It's pretty great, and now that goal of clearing my backlog for a Ps4 has turned into clearing it for a Switch, so I'm pretty set unless Sony releases a new handheld that is also BC.
>mfw I've been playing Romancing Saga 2 for the last eight hours

Have you tried being a normie, life gets dank

I feel like the problem with Vita/PS4 is Sony just put too many games on both systems, so it just kind of boiled down to, "well which did you have first/you want portability or comfiness."
I was surprised as fuck to see Demon Gaze II during black friday randomly when I was at gamestop. I loved the first, but heard NOTHING about a sequel or one even in the works.

i wish i had the attention to play a videogame but I have a job, I have freelance work and spend time with my bf, plus shitposting on Sup Forums

That sounds great, keep it up user.

There are normies who play games all day too. They just happen to be playing an FPS on a console.

Here's how to fix your life:
Just keep doing the exact same shit you're doing now. Don't change anything.
Something's bound to happen eventually.
Trust me.

The only game of the current gen that made me feel excited is botw. Everything else it's either trash or a rehash of the previous gen, people nowadays are trying to compensate with 60 fps or 4k the severe lack of content.

Papa Nurgle Aproves

Level up only the mindless shit I see

Get that Dungeoneering up buddy

The ecosystem is easy to develop for last I heard. I try to talk to indie devs whenever possible, and general consensus among them is that PS4/Vita multiplats are done due to how incredibly easy it is -- it's essentially free money since depending on the game they can port up (Uta2 & 3) or down (Demon Gaze 2) with ease to fit the PS4/Vita.

Also, EXP is pretty happy with the Vita and its fanbase. Earlier in the year they praised the Vita and its fans for their passion and support of EXP titles, and that they quite literally haven't been as big as they were since they went onto the Vita. Demon Gaze 2 was also part 2 of the Demon Gaze trilogy they spoke about during the release of DG1, and just last week EXP announced they're making another Vita exclusive title, so people are speculating it'll be DG3.

I hope they fucking localize Shiin though, because look at that cover.
I got off topic though sorry. I love my Vita! and like talking about it

Try these games:

Umihara Kawase
Uo Poko
Summer Carnival '92 - Recca
Damocles
Mercenary III - The Dion Crisis
Thief Gold
Thief II - The Metal Age
Ultima VI - The False Prophet (with Nuvie source port)
The Complete Ultima VII (with Exult source port and music pack)
Ultima Underworld - The Stygian Abyss
Ultima Underworld II - Labyrinth of Worlds
Uncharted Waters - New Horizons
LSD

>LSD
Man, everyone loves that game, and I can't say I hate it, but it made me feel very uncomfortable. Everyone always talks about wonderment and how cool it is, but it just freaked me the fuck out more than anything.

I have nothing else to do, I am leveling up dungeoneering with a friend so obviously I am leveling it slowly. He is not all day like me.

Play Dreadnought.

Any pics of stuff you've put together?

Here's a billet I just glued up earlier with about 30 pieces of wood arranged inside. Going to cut it up like a loaf of bread to make about 50-60 really nice drink coasters.

I would love to try sailing. How expensive is it to get into?

Table top I just finished getting together.

just burnt out. once a gamer always a gamer... and hey, power to the players

Nah I’m the same way. I’m going to be 20 in a couple of weeks and I remember not even 5 years ago I could game for 10 hours straight and not even get tired but nowadays I HAVE to shut off my Xbone after an hour of playing. Shit just isn’t fun anymore, idk how you oldfags do it

The last game I truly enjoyed was a hat in time.
Any recommendations what I could play next?

I'm honestly starting to feel like there's nothing fun in general life.
I miss riding around town with my friends and playing Hockey

I just looked it up and this was made by the guys who did Spec Ops: The Line.

Is it any good?