As a former competitive Halo player who doesn't want to get burned by 343i anymore in the future...

As a former competitive Halo player who doesn't want to get burned by 343i anymore in the future, I want you guys to really convince me to buy an Xbox One X. $500 is not worth just playing a lackluster Halo title.

Other urls found in this thread:

xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere
youtube.com/watch?v=-4UHV9fBOI0
wccftech.com/343i-halo-5-mistake-master-chief/
youtube.com/watch?v=lNVDVHzhlU8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wait till next e3?

There is literally nothing for the xbox one x that you can't get on PC.
At least so far.

>As a former competitive Halo player

Just dont?
Halo 4 and 5 were awful and completely dropped a load of the cool stuff that made the orig trig so great.
343i are a bunch of hacks that dont know what theyre doing. Halo 6 is not gonna be good. Save yourself the money on the xbone and put that towards a better PC if you really must play halo. That way you can be dissapointed in it on a machine that actually has other games.

All Xbox has is:

Rare Replay
Halo MCC + 5
Gears of War?

and thats fucking it, killer instinct and quantum break are on pc now

So? Both QB and Killer Instinct sold like shit on PC.

And to answer OP

Halo
Rare Replay
Sunset Overdrive
Sea of thieves
State of decay
Crackdown 3
Super Lucky Tales
Recore
Ori I and Ori II
Forza Games (Motosports & Horizon 3)
Cuphead
Quantum Break
Killer Instinct
Ashen
etc... and all the best of a multiplatform game on a console on XboxoneX

Go away Crapgamer.

Airdash couldn't get much more autistic

>Halo
Is there a problem with that, Bungie's last two Halo games were pure shit, Halo 4 had a decent campaign and Halo 5's multiplayer is as good as Halo CE and 3's. With Halo 6 and beyond focusing on Master Chief, putting the lore in Phoenix Logs, split screen, lan, and having all features at launch including black undersuits, Halo 6 could rival Halo CE and Halo 3 in being the best in the series especially with Paul Crocker writing the game's story. PS4 is worthless, the 3DS has more interesting games than the Switch, with Metroid 5 being a definite for the 3DS, what's the point in getting the 3DS's failed successor again? I also doesn't help that Microsoft got
Halo 6
Crackdown 3
Sea of Thieves
State of Decay 2
Ori and The Will of the Wisps
Forza Horizon 4
more Xbox and Xbox 360 BC games

And 2019 having
Gears of Wars 5
Open world RPG of an existing ip exclusive to Microsoft

I honestly don't know why you're complaining unless you're obsessed with the Xbox and have to justify your shitty purchase.

>Halo
See OP
>Rare Replay
Only care about perfect dark
>Sunset Overdrive
shit
>Sea of thieves
shit
State of decay
hate zombie shit
>Crackdown 3
No Terry Cruise, no buy
>Super Lucky Tales
wtf is this kid shit?
>Recore
shit
>Ori I and Ori II
Dont care
>Forza Games (Motosports & Horizon 3)
Rather play mario kart
>Cuphead
Good.
>Quantum Break
...ughh
>Killer Instinct
Not MK or SF, but looks cool
>Ashen
I'll look into it.

Thanks for the response.

I've been tempted to pick one up for Rare: Replay and the two Fable games.

Not him but the fact that you're a competitive Halo player tells me you need to fuck off back to /reddit/.

>With Halo 6 and beyond focusing on Master Chief, putting the lore in Phoenix Logs, split screen, lan, and having all features at launch including black undersuits,

None of this is remotely confirmed except for chief being focus

Halo 4 campaign was shit

>Halo
See OP
>Rare Replay
Port of old games you can emulate for free on PC.
>Sunset Overdrive
Meh.
>Sea of thieves
On PC
>State of decay
On PC
>Crackdown 3
On PC
>Super Lucky Tales
On PC
>Recore
On PC
>Ori I and Ori II
On PC
>Forza Games (Motosports & Horizon 3)
On PC
>Cuphead
On PC
>Quantum Break
On PC
>Killer Instinct
On PC
>Ashen
On PC
>etc... and all the best of a multiplatform game on a console on XboxoneX
Not even close to being the best at anything.

>Phoenix logs
are those the new "terminals"?

>Paul Crocker
Dont know who he is or his work, but anything is better than Brian "Just fuck my Halo up" Reed.

>Halo 6 could rival Halo CE and Halo 3 in being the best in the series
Let's slow the fuck down lad. 343 needs to first prove they're even capable of such a thing.

>3DS's failed successor
Dude, are you high?

>obsessed with the Xbox and have to justify your shitty purchase.
More like obsessed with Halo but its stuck on a shitty console.

"meh" Lol and congratulations, you are also bought the Xbox version: xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere

Nah i don't like any of these games. But i know that i can play them on PC and therefore have literally ZERO reason to get an xbox one x.

OP couldn't be more BTFO

>Wait till next e3?
That playstation list has re-releases in the list and also game that aren't even out yet.

Why is that bad? I can't be competitive on a competitive multiplayer game?

Buying on Windows 10 PC is still part of Xbox. You are like 2 years late to the party. It's [Microsoft] Windows and Microsoft Xbox one, both are owned by the same company.

This what happens when you're too retarded to keep up with the news.
youtube.com/watch?v=-4UHV9fBOI0
wccftech.com/343i-halo-5-mistake-master-chief/
youtube.com/watch?v=lNVDVHzhlU8
6:26 Master Chief, 18:11 split screen, 18:40 not shoving lore in the campaign anymore

Time to go back to /reddit/, Junior.

This. Can't wait for sea of thieves. Gears 4 is fun on pc, it's nice that you can play with xbone players.

>are those the new "terminals"?
Halo's codex

>Dont know who he is or his work, but anything is better than Brian "Just fuck my Halo up" Reed.
He wrote Batman Arkham Asylum and City

>Let's slow the fuck down lad. 343 needs to first prove they're even capable of such a thing.
True but Halo 6 may just be their game

>Dude, are you high?
Let's see, does it have VC, BC to the 3DS, battery as good as the 3DS, a library on the same level as the 3DS? I don't think it does, call me when Metroid 6 is released on that worthless thing you call a 3DS successor. It sucks even as a Wii U successor.

>More like obsessed with Halo but its stuck on a shitty console.
You want Halo so badly, get a fucking Xbox.

No, it's just that you competitive guys are annoying as shit and 343i ended up adding all of Halo's more community-based content because you faggots kept crying about a competitive experience all the fucking time.

>losers, real life hardcore waste of space losers defending computer components they have grown psychologically attached to and cannot function without
fuck me, this thread was on the front page and have never visited Sup Forums. Does everyone on Sup Forums act like this?
the lot of you need to grow the fuck up this is really sad and pathetic

But i have not played any of them.
Besides many of them i can buy them on steam and not support the windows 10 store.

>many of them
Tell us how many?

The somewhat good ones.

That's not a number or names

Go check steam yourself idiot. You and i both know that the ones that are on steam are the only ones worth playing.

So basically, there's barely any Xbox games on Steam and you can't even answer the simple question. Also, I didn't know Halo Wars was worth buying, FPS Halo shits on that garbage.

>No, it's just that you competitive guys are annoying as shit and 343i ended up adding all of Halo's more community-based content because you faggots kept crying about a competitive experience all the fucking time.

I agree with all of you points except this. The competitive community did not ask for them to put overwhelming focus on the competitive scene. We just wanted some attention after the casualisation that was Halo 4's multiplayer. Pic related was the exact reason for H5's new focus, they were trying to win back Halo's most hardcore fans.

>you can't even answer the simple question
I am not going to answer a question you know the answer to because you are too lazy to search steam.
>I didn't know Halo Wars was worth buying, FPS Halo shits on that garbage.
Never said that. Just because it is on steam doesn't mean it is worth playing. However the ones that ARE worth playing are on steam.

Now they have to merge both together, at least they got their shit together. Halo 6 will launch with everything Halo 5 has without us waiting this time, and I hope they make dev-made BTB maps (my favorite mode).

>I am not going to answer a question you know the answer to because you are too lazy to search steam.
Because there are barely any on there
>Never said that. Just because it is on steam doesn't mean it is worth playing. However the ones that ARE worth playing are on steam.
You said the game on Steam are the ones worth getting, I don't remember Halo Wars or Quantum Break being games worth getting.

You aren't even reading properly. I am done wasting my time with an xbox fanatic like yourself.
You are losing this gen insanely hard because of how unoriginal your games library is and how unimpressive your titles are in the grand scheme of things.
The two cartoon cell shaded games coming out next year will not change the course for the xbox platform.
It will continue to sink unless microsoft moneyhats 3rd party exclusives which not even Sony does anymore.

Your meltdown is funny, little soyboi.

there are games in OP pic that are on pc which are on the other platforms so what he said counts

>merge both together
Halo 3 did that perfectly. Everyone played on basically the same mechanics and most players were pleased.

All i know is, if H6 sucks, i'm giving up on Halo and xbox forever.

Sunset is so fucking good, of course it sold shit like all the better ms exclusives.

Me too, this should have been their mindset with Halo 4 and 5, Reach really screwed things up.

X
Box
One
X

>best controller
>best paid online with great games to download
>best community
>best ui
>xbox actually trying to fix what happened at launch
>xbox rolling out new updates every month
>best multiplat visuals on consoles
>best console exclusive visuals
>reasonable price for the power when compaired to a pc with the same specs
>play anywhere lets people pay for a game once but you get it on Bone and PC
>can stream it to a laptop if someones on the tv
>actuall backwards compatibility to both 360 games and original xbox games
>Dont have a bunch of weeb games cluttering up the store
>get 4k updates on games the pro doesn't even get
>actuall 4k games like the company said with other great looking games trying to get close but still kicking pspros ass
>4k updates on 360 games if you want to play them again

Yeah it feels good to have an XboneX

>halo is dad
>fable is donezo
>crimson skies, mechassault, fuzion frenzy all gone or on pc
>titanfall is now multi-plat

what's the point?

OP here, You're convincing me.

Fuck Xbox one x. Just get the halo package deal for 199 off Microsoft's website. You get Xbox one S, halo MCC, Halo 5, and a month free for live. Shits pretty good if you ask me. Fuck the bone x $500 is far too much.

>Halo is dad

Kek.
it's been a while since i've seen this meme!

Bungie went to shit after Halo 3 and even 343 are now better than them.

I'm not even going to bother arguing with your retarded post but

>best UI

Xbox cucks have to drop this meme immediately, the Xbox UI is laggy garbage riddled with ads. The thing is bloated as fuck in general, the PS4 has a far superior UI, same with the switch. Also MCC is still a broken mess and there are hardly any games worth playing on that shit. Call any Japanese game weeb all you want but persona 5, yakuza 0, and nioh and better than anything that has come out on Xbox.

Also, think about it this way. Xbox already said they were going to be continuing the xbox brand throughout all the new system releases to come so you know you wont have to repay for your old games and they'll be there if you get the new system. If you dont just buy the new game. It would still work. Realistcally untill the xbox hardware cant handle the new games

For sony you have to get a completly new system, the PS5 for example, and wait for games to come out or just stick with your PS4 until new games can push you onto the new system.

>ps4 list
>Nier on it which isnt exclusive
>Not Persona that is exclusive

>NO EXCLUSIVES

Forgot about persona. Forgive me, i'm not into weeb shit.

>For sony you have to get a completly new system, the PS5 for example, and wait for games to come out or just stick with your PS4 until new games can push you onto the new system.

>source: my ass

it does have the best UI though. it's super fast, snappy, everything can be reached through the side menu, nicer layout etc.

i own both and the UI is a big positive for the xbox over my ps4. it's just more pleasant to use.
fyi persona and nioh are on pc so the "just buy a pc" argument can apply to playstation in that case. also i own yakuza and it really isn't all that. it suits it's niche i guess but someone coming into it that hasn't been a fan for years like most other yakuza player, it's insanely boring with too much story padding.

>says hes not going to argue with the post

>proceeds to argue with the post like a buthurt manchild

Yeah fuck you mcc is great and its been great for a while. Stop spewing memes that you have no idea about.

Also nioh is on steam, persona 5 can be played on an emulator, and sega has already stated that it wants to bring yakuza 0 to pc. So fuck you buddy. Ps4 games are coming to pc. Xbox is just more open about it.

Get Switch, it has Splatoon. I know a couple guys who were sworn Halo bros, now they don't want to look back at it from splats.

Look what happened with the ps3 and ps4. All of a sudden sonys going to be the good guy. Yeah fuck off

only halo and rare replay are exclusive to xbox

Halo 5's MP is great though.

MLG is taking over competitiive Halo stuff again. I personally think that's a cancerous mistake but you should like that

Why isn't Pokken DX listed for Switch when Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is?

>it does have the best UI though. it's super fast, snappy, everything can be reached through the side menu, nicer layout etc

This is pretty much exactly how I feel about the PS4 UI. I have both as well, if you prefer that bloated shit Xbox has full of ads then more power to you I guess. Ps4 also has themes.

I argued with maybe 3 points out of a huge list of shit you retard.

Also no MCC still has bugs and the latest update to Halo 5 is shitty, 343 is fairly bad.

>ps4 games are coming to pc
>pc will never get bloodborne, death stranding, Spider-Man, new from game, ff7 R, persona 5, god of war, kh3, dissidia..

That isn't even everything. And it's the same thing every year all gen, but keep doing your mental gymnastics guy. Now I will wait for your inevitable

>lol weebshit

Response

>Both QB and Killer Instinct sold like shit on PC.
Well QB is single player so it doesn't really matter how well it sold because it's not like having a playerbase matters and Killer Instinct has crossplay with Xbox

Do you understand how fucking retarded you look in posting a screenshot of a reddit post (that judging by the filename I'll assume you took) and then telling him to fuck off there?

Halo 5 is fanfuckingtastic for that incredible MP

the fact you call it bloated just goes to show you've never even used it. you sound like that retard who got absolutely blown the fuck out yesterday when he claimed the xbox achievements load slow and that it takes 20 seconds to load an app/game on the xbox.

xbox ui > ps4 ui
t. owner of both

>tfw xbox is unironically the most refined platform service and usability wise except for games

man, if MS decide to go all out and invest a mad amount of money into first party/3rd party exclusives they'd have the best platform by far. everything from the UI to stuff like game pass, refunds, ea access etc make it a really good platform to use. the only draw back is arguably the biggest thing that matters though and that's exclusivity

I only go to /reddit/ for the latest news on Halo, there opinions are as shit as his since they're mostly normie shits and real Halo fans anyway. I just look around there and I sometimes catch a some fag that I argued with on Sup Forums there. So this place it constantly invaded by those shit holes from /reddit/ so as I said since he sounds like a /reddit/ fag he needs to go back there and stay back there.

does rare replay have splitscreen for the games it's supposed to have? would be a fucking dissappointment if it does.

*their
*not real Halo fans

So youre a reddit fag too. Just stay over there

>fps on a console
>competitively
So... what's the competition? Mastery of the built-in autoaim?

Mother fucker, I never even post there, you want to know about Halo you little cunt, well guess who posts them for the most part, you niggers never even talk about Halo unless someone makes a fucking thread, you don't even talk about 2D Metroid. Maybe if you did your fucking homework once in a while you dumbass faggot, then maybe I wouldn't have to constantly look this shit up for both of my favorite series, how about your faggot ass stop accusing someone of posting on shitty social media outlets letting the whole world know who he is like you retard ass does on a daily basis. Now take your soyboi ass back to /reddit/ with the rest of those gay ass normies like yourself.

Dont know why so many people hate on Xbox Play Anywhere. I think it's great to play Xbox games on Pc and have crossplay. Give people a choice and to be honest, software is making more money than console hardware sales.

Because "muh exclusives"

Not OP, but I'm also in the same dilemma. My wife allowed me to buy one console this Christmas and I'm choosing between PS4 or Switch. Which one should I pick?

My deadline is tomorrow and I can't stress enough that I must pick one ASAP.

Thanks

Xbox One X and New 2DS XL

The UI isnt the best, I wont argue about xbox as I dont have one (I only heard from a guy that its a bit of a mess). But on PC the windows store is a fuxking joke filled with trash. Is it so difficult to separate the windows apps store from the xbox one so that the xbox store can keep a higher standard of games? Im tired of seeing fucking copycats and bad mobile games whenever I open it. Their download manager is also awful, if the servers fuck up (that they most probably will) the whole download will fuck up and you will need to restart it. Im sure that its because the windows store was designed for mobile apps and it barely manages big files. Also lack of promotions about their store in comparison with steam, a pain in the arse to navigate, the app feels unresponsive in comparison with steam, you always need to wait a bit when you click on its icon, unlike steam (and yes it at least has some kind od process running on the background so it has no excuse). I was excited when Microsoft announced they were entering the pc market again, as I thought that they learned something after Valves AND their own succes with Xbox, but its still trash.

Hey fuck you buddy i dont go on there but i understand your dilemma. Seriously you cant talk about any game that isnt damn near perfect without getting shit on to oblivion

anything exciting going on with halo?

Only thing right now is that Halo 5 multiplayer is good, and some new books are coming, nothing on Halo 6 yet, unfortunately. I'll be happy when 2018 hits. Also, my New Years resolution is that /reddit/ dies like NeoGAF, they have to go next.

>Both QB and Killer Instinct sold like shit on PC.

Who gives a fuck, you can still play it on PC can't you?

>Sea of thieves
>State of decay
>Recore
>Ori I and Ori II
>Cuphead
>Ashen

All on PC.

>Who gives a fuck that it sold like shit on PC
>this is a soyboi, mindset
Not him but you should kill yourself.

>I can't only enjoy a game if it sold well on my platform of choice

t. retarded faggot

I never said you couldn't but many don't see "it's on PC" as a reason to get those games on PC over Xbox.

>reach screw things up
Reach was the best halo since 2, the campaign was neat!... but after a year, the multiplayer was casualized, they reduced the weapons backpedaling and removed the armour lock, which made it fun to fight against vehicles, even tho i ever used the running one... what was the point of removing a differentiation feature from other shooters?

>As a former competitive Halo player

>a fucking normie
Go back to /reddit/ please, Reach was shit and the worst in the series and Halo 2's campaign was crap and at the same time unfinished and the multiplayer was broken as shit, get out.

win store =/= xbox
i own one game on win store and i know it is and i also know how massively superior the xbox interface is compared to win store. i can get 200 mb/s download on my xbox which is way more than what i got on win store (and psn which maxed out at 30 mb/s)