This needs to end

This needs to end.

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild just yet another Game Of The Year Award, this time from GameSpot.

Using phrases like
- The Best Game Ever Made.
- Never be able to look at open-world games the same way again.
- It's hard to imagine how anyone will be able to match, let alone top.
- A milestone for the medium at large.

Obviously, these hacks are being paid by Nintendo to say these things. There is no other possible explanation. How do we expose this injustice?

youtube.com/watch?v=Onxz-Q65AsA

>game of the year
Who the fuck cares, it's the popular vote and the masses can be amazed with fucking anything.

BoTW has mechanics that even the old fucking Tomb Raider games had

>people like a game I dont
>this will not stand!
Grow up.

you are a faggot that likes kiddy games because you are a faggot pedophile raping kids on nintendo network

>BoTW has mechanics that even the old fucking Tomb Raider games had
LMAO

>raping kids on Nintendo network
Nintendo network isn't a social service. Also nice rebuttal for calling you immature. You sure showed me.

>game takes all the most popular trends like survival, open world, crafting and the like
>except it's an actual completed game instead of EArly Access trash

Of course it's going to get a ton of praise.

fuck off nintendy false flagger

It doesn't matter how many 10/10 reviews it gets.
It doesn't matter how many awards it gets.
It doesn't matter that rival devs are falling over themselves to heal praise on the game.
It doesn't matter that it will be discussed an analysed for the next decade.

Sup Forums is fucking SEETHING over it. There will always be salty tears and rage. Having a civilised discussion of the game is impossible.

>tfw enjoyed BotW
>tfw it's my GotY ghands down
>tfw still didn't get any cash from Nintendo
wtf japs this money Sup Forums informed me I should be getting is way overdue

Game journalism is owned by trannies, nu-males, manchildren and sexual harrassers.
And those people love Nintendo the most.
So when you have a casual, overrated Open World garbage like BotW you will hear about it everywhere.

>It doesn't matter that it will be discussed an analysed for the next decade.
Yea.
In a year or two every Zelda fan will claim that it will be garbage and that he never liked it anyway.
It's fucking Skyrim all over again.

hehe nintendy

Awwww is the baby mad he didn’t play it? It’s okay at least you have scalebound hahahahahah

Not with friend codes he’s not

every botw webm is the same.
>look at this beautiful empty world xxD
>nevermind it looks like a pastel version of all the sony games we make fun of
>your sword has been damaged
>the only enemy are different colored goblins

Still Being this mad about a Zelda game.

Y’all got some issues.

Maybe you should try playing the game and see how wrong you are? Don't just get angry because its a game on a system you don't own. That's just childish.

Normalfag game

If your actually basing maturity on fucking videogames, literally virtual toys, you're a manchild.

How?

It's a milestone in gaming which will influence every open world game going forward.

How is this bad thing?

What I really hate is that the only argument are the same :
>great game
>really fun
>really a good game
>funny, great game
>mechanics make it a great game
>open world make it an even better great game
>such a great gaem

I fail to see any actual argument. And I like Nintendo, I don't have a Switch because I'm mostly a PCfag and don't play much anyway but yeah... Ok Zelda is great, but why ? Bc the world is huge and you can do shit with crazy physics ?

>There is no other explanation
Actually, there is.
While not the best game ever made by a wide fucking margin, it's probably the best open world game to come out in 4-5 years. Open World became a meme of repetition where the world was simply one big loading zone for the missions.

Think carefully, what do you do in most open world games that are triple A? You attempt to go as fast as you can towards waypoint markers, the world becomes more of an obstacle course than a game world.

Now here comes BOTW, with a super dynamic world that is fully explorable from the beginning. Other than enemies, there are no obstacles. See that mountain? You can climb it, for real this time.

Of course people would think it's good. But if this was the standard for all open world games (which shouldn't be that hard, the only reason OW games sucked was because of dev laziness) it would be average or even slightly below average. Besides, it even still has a small bit of the repetition meme in the shrines.

To end this long fucking post, tldr:
The game isn't the best ever and not really a true Zelda game, but it's the best open world game in years and that deserves praise.

>- The Best Game Ever Made.
>- Never be able to look at open-world games the same way again.
>- It's hard to imagine how anyone will be able to match, let alone top.
>- A milestone for the medium at large.
Well, it follows all modern trends and cancer, so ofc it's game of the year
Also that's why it's not Zelda game at all and most people out there who don't know shit about Zelda games praise it

If it makes you feel any better, the people at EGM have given GotY to other games.

See mine

(you)

>caring about any GotY except your personal one

>Has to resort to calling it not Zelda
Sup Forums will never get over this game's success. I never thought this board could be perpetually butthurt.

>Now here comes BOTW, with a super dynamic world
>the best open world

My number one complaint was the overuse of "the world is so great, BotW really has a great world"

Again, no hate, just trying to see why this fucking game has everyone choosing side pro or con Nintendo and why it is considered a great game by every journalist ever

I'm not saying that this game is bad tho, I like openworld
But it's not a good zelda game

>I like it
But you just called it cancer???

Just did the champion's ballad, and all decked out killed Ganon for the first time.
AMAZING game, definetly my goty
MORE DLC WHEN???

I tried getting into it a few times but get bored after a couple of hours every time. It looks like every other open world game just with fun mechanics. Maybe I'm just burned out from open world games.

Well, yeah, I also like to play Assassin's Creed
Still doesn't mean that it's OH GOD BEST GAME EVAH
Later there'll be other openworld shit that will be much better than BotW, Witcher 3 and AC Origins, I hope you understand what I mean

Friendly reminder TW3 dev said BOTW raised the bar on open world games and implied it's superior to anything CDPR has made.

i like your butthurt. It nourish me. Please continue.

You could keep crying about it as though anyone gives a shit about what you feel.

>Ok Zelda is great, but why ? Bc the world is huge and you can do shit with crazy physics ?
For the love of God no.

The reason BotW get such praise is because of it's Game Design. It's a completely open world where you literally can "climb that mountain". You are not bound by the traditional shackles of open world environments - you are free to do anything, go anywhere, even right to the end of the game if you want. There are no barriers, no invisible tunnels to funnel you through the world, no cheap progression deadends, no fences blocking your path. BotW lets you climb right over the fence.

In other open world games, getting from one place to the next involves nothing more than pointing you character in the correct direction your minimap and pushing UP on the joypad as you move along a flat trajectory. In BotW, verticality adds depth and makes exploration FUN and ENGAGING. Getting from one place to the next involves - get this - PLAYING A FUCKING GAME.

Then consider the sheer wealth of options available to you as you explore and how these options are integrated organically into the gameplay meaning that YOU decide how to fashion your own solutions to problems presented to you. It doesn't feel binary like other games. 10 months on and people are STILL finding new ways to accomplish stuff.

Then on top of all this player agency, you have intricate interconnected systems of environment, weather,climate and physics which inform the player and encourage them to adapt to the world around them.

This is just the base foundation of the game. There's an entire world of questing and adventure built on top of this. There's too much to mention.

Haters will scoff but they can't argue against it. Because there IS NO arguing against it.

And to consider that Nintedno coded this on a Wii U - A FUCKING WII U, literally 10 year old tech - is absolutely astonishing.

It's a great game. Get over it.

How is that a bad thing? Does every mechanic have to be new? Is there an expiration date for mechanics? Imagine how horrible games would be if people who actually mattered thought like you.

This. All the way.

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: GAME OF THE YEAR

>"the world is so great, BotW really has a great world"
if you weren't such a fucking autist you'd understand what's praised is the level design, the way it allows navigation based on sight alone instead of following quest markers, how it synergizes with the traversal mechanics to create a fun gameplay loop of climb/see point of interest/glide to it unlike anything in any other game and the fantastic environmental effects, lighting, particles, and even sound direction that all contribute to creating an amazing world you want to explore

popular vote is the newest thing which is open world and accessible but slightly different

When is it not?

>level design
There's none in this game, dumb ass

This.

The game may lack in dungeons and even enemy variety, but it has really nearly unrivaled freedom in it's open world. I have made so little progress in the story because I find myself just wanting to climb the next hill or see what's around that bend. Some aspects of the game DO feel shallow...but they are the exception imo, not the rule. I'm still finding new shit to do and new ways to do things I thought I had fully figured out.

It would be my best game of the year...but that is not saying much since it is one of like 2 or 3 new ones I actually got.

this guy. thread closed

This is most retarded shit I've ever read but its same desperate attempt at deflection we've seen for 10 MONTHS.

It's the equivalent of:
Whats so great about Super Mario World?
I can jump on platforms and bounce on enemy's heads in Bubsy The Bobcat!
I can ride dragons in Golden Axe!
I can fly in R-Type!

It did a lot of stuff through design for me.

Climbing mechanics give you a sense of freedom and a feel of progression when leveling stamina. Also, rain actually feels uncomfortable because you can't climb like you're used to. It just fits. The Koroks themselves aren't revolutionary, but they complement the small scale world design by making you look out for the small stuff.

Open-World game used to be synonymous with Ubisoft Open-World game and BotW showed that you can tweak the small stuff and just polish the game feel and make games into something more.

If it's not your cup of tea, fine, but it had a lot of impact, people will look up to the game in terms of mechanics complementing the world building just like people still look up to Witcher 3 in terms of story telling.

You can keep posting this all you want and it will never become true.

Now there's something I can work with and understand.

I'm not gonna make a long reply bc the essence of it would be that you actually made me want to play Zelda, and believe me when I say that I've read sooooo much content on BoTW... yet none of the "BEST GAME 2017" articles encourage you to take the fucking controller.

Might by a Switch for me and my kids, Xmas is coming up.

Also, what's your take on the last DLC, Champion's whatever ?

Breath of the Wild wasn't randomly generated. Every square inch of this game was designed by someone, you retard. That's level design.

lmao, what a pretentious fag
Not only doesn't knows about meaning of "level design" but also behaves as someone with knowledge

>>Bc the world is huge and you can do shit with crazy physics ?

>"For the love of God no."

>Proceeds to explain how the world is huge and you can do shit with crazy physics

fine buddy

Nailed it. Thread over. Time to go home.

You are doing exactly what you're claiming I'm doing. You know nothing about game design.

>open world
>level design
LMAO

>This is most retarded shit I've ever read
So you don't read what you post.

>He posts in one of the 100 daily threads all about Sup Forums shitting on this game and accusing it of paid reviews.

I don't know how they got amazed at the open world, it was pretty meh and empty.

I was more in awe of xenoblade 2 open world

So you have no argument?
>give benefit of the doubt
>is a teenager starved for attention
Every thread lmao

You wrote "level design", not "game design", dumbass

samefagging troll

What about an open world isn't designed? What the fuck even IS level design if it isn't the design of the level?

Open world games are garbage and the new Zelda is no exception. If this influences even MORE open world games than it is a net negative. Fuck off

>have no arguments
>pshhh whatever kid with no arguments
Sure, bud

>open world games don't have level design
What did this moron mean by that?

My 3yo watches me play Zelda and he adores it, especially the sounds Koroks make and swimming up a waterfall.
As for the DLC it's great, really great shrines and divine beast. Top it off with all the cool gear and item's it's def worth it, especially considering we may get more DLC aswell.

>what's your take on the last DLC, Champion's whatever ?
It's enjoyable enough but also a let down because it's not really a "New Story Quest" like they said it was, it's just additional content - although it IS good. Probably should have only been $10.

Nintendo will probably release a complete BotW edition soon, with all the dlc included, so that might be the one to get. But if you want it for xmas, the dlc isn't that necessary unless you like the game that much that you're desperate for more.

You just explained Minecraft

t. never played an open world game
just leave dude

Not an argument. You suck at this. Is Zelda a bad game now? How about now? When will your shitposts turn it into a bad game? Is it now?

>I don't know shit about videogames
That's average botw praising nigger for you
Only this guy wrote everything right

There are 3 explanations why you don't agree.

You played it emulated and had a bad time, ruining your experience and immersion.

You don't have money to buy a Switch.

You played it and you prefer Horizon Zero SJW because you're a SJW.

/gg

>Open world games are garbage and the new Zelda is no exception. If this influences even MORE open world games than it is a net negative. Fuck off
How? When BotW addresses and fixes many of the issues with open experiences?

HAHAHAHAHAH
What a great year to be a nintenbro
OP maybe this wouldn't happen if Sony cared more about interactive mechanics than cinematic experiences kek.

I'd believe it if the map wasn't featured but it is.

No he didn't and you're getting increasingly desperate.

What does BOTW have that Just Cause 3 doesn't?

Stop projecting, ignorant child.

Minecraft did this already and didn't have shitty collectibles and shrines which are bad designed mini dungeons

The shrines, overworld, and divine beasts all fall under level design.

Not really, no. When will you stop lying and admit that Zelda deserves the praise?

screencapped

the open world is the level you mouthbreathing mongoloid, the ead guys had a fucking keynote in japan explaining the logic behind the way they structured the overworld aka it's design which prompted other nip developpers to say "only nintendo really know how to make games"

kill yourself

Not openworld, that was my point and fact

Chemistry engine.

NOOOO

So you have no point other than opinionated drivel.

why would the Rito one eat Kookos

>the open world is the level
>mouthbreathing mongoloid
You are for sure

No I really didn't. MINECRAFT is what it's name suggests. Minecraft is a sandbox and it's not trying to fit into the excepted criteria of expectation that a modern open world story based adventure experience demands nor is it's level of game design anywhere near the sophistication on display in BoTW.

And all were shit

Stop posting you moron, you got BTFO several replies ago. It's been proven in this same thread that you know nothing about level design and are being snarky because it usually gets you upvotes and facebook likes. You have nothing, kid.

Damn, what an asshurt fag with no knowledge of games
Sad

As empty and boring as a ubisoft game, with less content.