Limbo Commodore64 demake

youtube.com/watch?v=hsUUn6mV6qQ

Why would someone make this
Who sits down with unlimited potential to make any game and decides to recreate the least good game your employers made but worse? I don't get it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uFFgohPjkmg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

protip:this shit is technically more impressive than your generic walking simulator, kid.

if you want to surprise the people hiring you, then you do this type of shit

LIMBO is one of the greatest games of the seventh generation. Go fuck yourself and go back to buying your lootboxes and talking about what you got out of them in lebbit you tasteless, obnoxious, deplorable faggot!

Limbo sucks.

he's already hired, you goon

who the fuck are you arguing against? playdead has two games, both are good.

>LIMBO
>not a generic, especially shitty walking simulator

*is

>Why would someone make this
People typically do this type of shit as a technical exercise, you dolt.

But why? Just play the real game.

>c64
>exercise

Yes, an initial thought of "I wonder what this would look like" typically results in a technical exercise of sorts, no matter the inspiration or platform.

I swear, the kind of people who look at a weird project and proceed to ask "why would anyone make this?" are some of the dumbest in existence.

>he's already hired, you goon
Yeah, because the videogame industry is known for its high level of job security.

>why do creative people waste time being creative when they could be serving every whim of people like myself who don't have a creative bone in their body?

>c64
BIG LOL

Who are you quoting?

>no argument
I'm embarrassed for you.

>C64 games but worse

Fixed that for you. C64 had plenty of good games, didn't need this pretentious horseshit polluting it's library.

>puzzle platformer is a walking simulator

What was the music he used here? I know I've heard it but I can't remember what it's called

This desu family.

>programmers are creative
they are glorified math students

You've never done any programming before, have you?

>Even though I have the blessing of Playdead for doing this, I am working full time on Playdeads next project, so I only have my precious spare time to use. But... maybe some time around 2024?
Yeah forget about this game and come in 7 years

this gotta be bait

When it comes to visuals, there's nothing creative about programmers, of course that doesn't mean that there's no creative ways to accomplish a given programming task though.

>I know nothing about programming
programming demands a different sort of creativity but you definitely have to be creative, look at that thing in Fallout 3 where they couldn't figure out how to program a train so they just made the train car a hat for an NPC that walks under the ground, that's pretty fucking creative

Please go post this on Sup Forums, and make sure to link the thread.

>that's pretty fucking creative
That's not creative, that's just dumbass workarounds in a dumbass engine.

>Questioning the impetus of an unconventional project is a sign of idiocy rather than just a question regarding something atypical.

>no matter the inspiration
If there can be different sources of inspiration, why is inquiring about where the inspiration comes from an invalid question?

Try not to drool on your keyboard.

>dumbass workarounds
Programming is all about "dumbass workarounds" and it does demand creativity. They couldn't make vehicles work in their shitty engine but they found a way to accomplish it.

Why do people still act like it's a bad thing?
Does culling trigger you too?

No, programming is about finding a solution to the problem in the most non-retarded way. The most non-retarded way would be rewriting the game engine, but given the time constraints they decided to go full retard, because they had no choice. Putting a train on an NPC's head isn't creative, it's retarded.

why is everyone on Sup Forums on mount stupid

I really liked Limbo's artstyle. I wish Inside had been as unique in that aspect, although I still enjoyed that game too.

>why is inquiring about where the inspiration comes from an invalid question
It's not, but that's not what OP was asking. He didn't ask "what was their influence in making this?", he asked "why would someone waste their time making this?", which in itself is a stupid question because any experience gained from working a solo project should keep said project from being deemed as a simple waste of time.

THIS

Programmers have to work under the conditions given to them by higherups. The higherups didn't want to spend resources on rewriting the game's engine, so the programmers had to come up with a creative workaround in order to implement the train properly. In the end, the train in-game works as intended, and it isn't obvious that it was implemented as a hat. The reasons as to why it had to be implemented the way it did is retarded, but the implementation itself isn't.

Honestly, the same shit is done in almost every game. To consider it retarded only makes you look more retarded in the long run.

Wow. Pretty amazing

Neat.

Also OP must be a brainlet of the highest fucking order.

No, he's still asking why someone would make this while also holding the opinion that making something like this is a waste of time. The act of asking why someone would make it however is not a stupid question.

>Any experience gained from working a solo project should keep said project from being deemed as a simple waste of time.
This would imply that there are no projects that are wastes of time based purely on the notion that there could be experience to gain from it - no matter how much time was put into it or how much experience was gained. I happen to disagree with this.

What are other cool examples of demakes? Pokemon is cheating.

youtube.com/watch?v=uFFgohPjkmg

>No, he's still asking why someone would make this while also holding the opinion that making something like this is a waste of time.
Except it's obvious that his intent isn't genuine curiosity. He doesn't really care about why the project exists, he just thinks it's a waste of time and used the hyperbolic "why would someone make this" shit as a way to frame his opinion. I mean, this type of shit is pretty common on Sup Forums, so I'm not sure why you think he's legitimately asking a question. Hell, he even argues against other people further into the thread when they try to answer his question.

>I happen to disagree with this.
Doesn't really mean much if you don't explain why.

>I never played it but it's shit walking simulator

I wish people would stop parroting this.
No, there was no train hat NPC running under you. The devs just needed to anchor the model of the train to your camera. You know, kind of like the viewmodel of every gun in the game.
They just figured "right, instead of doing some snowflake code for this thing we'll never use again, the easiest way to do this is just make it an equippable item"
THE PLAYER was wearing it
It wasn't even a hat it was just a generic dummy item

Backgrounds are shit.
Instead of trying to compensate for the lack of shades of grey with that retarded dithering guy would be better off making nice pixel trees.
Rest looks ok though somewhat basic.
C64 had some pretty impressive games in it's time and this barley compares.
If it wasn't 'port' of a semi famous indie PC game no one would give a fuck.