ARMS

It's time for ARMS Ver.5
twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter/status/942306424654143488

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter/status/943677930067988482
youtube.com/watch?v=xmzAmbAJO-o&feature=youtu.be
en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26377/~/how-to-update-arms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>green springman

Come on

I'm excited. Hope it releases before I have to head to the bar with a friend

This tweet
twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter/status/943677930067988482
>えぇーッ! 明日ですか!? 明日Ver.5を配信予定ですか所長! そして所長がくださったこのバッジ…! じゃあ新ファイターって… ま まさか…
From 20 hours ago. I think says the update will go live "tomorrow". Japan time of course.

just got the game. is there a particular control scheme i should use for handheld mode?

Just whatever works for you pal

Move block to literally anything other than the right stick and then do what suits you.

>Dr.Coil
I've been waiting
And I knew shes was evil

More like girl spring man

What exactly is so shit about this game, anyway? It's not something I can pick up just from gameplay videos, it looks decent still. Convince me to buy it if you like it, or convince me not to if you don't.

A dude in one of my streams catch bugging me to play it and I had a little extra money to buy it last Friday.

Have played it every single day since. It has a bit of a learning curve but if you're willing to learn it's fun. Also lots of free content.

>it looks decent still
That's because it is. The game is pretty great.
It might not look like it but it really does play a surprising lot like a more conventional fighting game.
The spacing and reacting to the whole punch, block/dodge, and grab game is really intense and interesting.

And the characters may not have special punches or whatever like hadokens or whatnot. But instead each character have a few truly unique qualities to them that affects just about all that they do and not just a couple of different ways to punch. In addition to each character having differently sized hitboxes for themselves making them harder or easier to hit. Differently sized arms giving them extra punch or lack thereof. Different speeds etc. So they feel kind of different regardless.
And that is all in addition to all the titular arms that you can choose from. That you can match and mix however you please among all the characters.
Big arms will punch through smaller arms. Smaller arms are faster than bigger arms. All kinds of different elemental effects with different quirks to them.
And it even allows you to pick a set of 3 different arms that you can then mix and match in between matches or rounds or however giving you attempts to counter pick or whatnot.

The multiplayer is just about the entire game. The singleplayer aspect of it is sorely lacking. Though the arcade mode can be really relentless on the highest difficulty. But it's nice knowing that the AI doesn't go easy on you.
I don't really know what to say. But if you ever hang out with friends in the physical space then I would ever more so recommend it. The online modes are already pretty cool, both ranked and the surprisingly cool lobby mode. But it's a great game to actually play on the same couch.

Oh and as a final comment you might be concerned about motion controls or whatever since a lot of people tend to be at first. But they really aren't necessary. I don't use them myself. That said the motion controls aren't bad. It's by no means wagglan. If anything it's the opposite so if you don't hold the controls exactly as they want you when using motion controls then the controls will just not work the way you want at all. But if you do hold it correctly then it's very accurate. Holding the controllers upright and then angling them is almost like working a joystick.

So yeah make of all that as you will. It's a really cool game in my opinion and I kind of love it.
It's intense and gives me the same type of joy I get from playing regular fighting games. Yet it's not exactly like them, while still feeling similar if you get what I am getting at.

What a cutie

Are these new cut scenes?!

>That sexy as fuck fist clash at the begining

I literally lost all desire to play vidya until this update launches

This I Wana play as sexy bad gurl

Squid Adult is the character, Splatoon and ARMS same universe. Screencap this.

So is it a girl?

> adult squid girl is the main villain.
Interesting.

I thought Dr Coil would be that guy whose bust you see in Helix's stage.

So is there a non teaser trailer for her?

> main bad guy is a girl.
Nintendo knows what's up

Not yet.
Hopefully soon

>The big bad is a female and also looking to be best girl

more like springmommy

> black lip stick

I wonder how EVO will turn out.

Sexy I know

>Green hair
>Black lipstick
>Bad girl type

Hell yes.

Every time this game starts to die it brings its players back in for round 2. Bless Nintendo for keeping this train going.

Yes user, everyone in this game has springy arms. That's the whole idea.

She's a super genius too so you know she's into kinky shit

> bad girl type.
She's probably more than that. Considering she made hedlock

Really? So she's the big bad.

Basically

She’s only really “The big bad” in the way she’s responsible for all the fuck ups the Arms Labs has had recently with Hedlock,springtron and Helix

>Tesla coils

Perfect

When is she out?

Tonight, should be

>girl with half head shaven

im sure not sick to death of this shit already

> Fuck ups
Shes been sketch as fuck
hedlock was an experiment.
Not even a complete product but an experiment to reproduce the arms gene.
She gave no fucks about hedlock breaching containment. And she seems hell bent on recreating the arms gene.
Bitch is up to somthing.

Watch the Webm her hairs not shaven

Well good thing her hair is not shaven

>hedlok arms
I can't help but love this.

Her hair isn't shaven at all, it's just styled to one side. I hate the half-head shaven thing too, it grosses me out.

What why does she have hedlock arms?

dead game

Forced shitposts of lies

When you beat Grand Prix as Springtron, Biff says "Now Arms Labs can enact their master plan". Springtron's Grand Prix ending image is not just an image but an actual photograph being held by a woman. This suggests that the new character is from Arms Labs, and considering you can also see Hedlok in the background of her stage, it's pretty safe to say.

She's the head researcher of the ARMS labs.

She probably created Hedlok.

>no cash prize
Who cares

Standard nintendo

Why does that matter?

No cash, no stakes.

I hate this mentality. The stakes is being better than everyone else, especially during the 1st major Arms tournament.

Okay?

>tfw sitting on 2300 coins
Hopefully it's enough to get most of her arms

ARMS and Smash 4 are the only games at Evo Japan without a cash prize.

Don't forget you're gonna get even more prize money from Grand Prix now her at the end, plus going through Grand Prix with her too will score you some.

Don't worry, it should be enough. I think I had around ~4k when Misango came around and I had ~3k when I got all his arms.

Okay?

I've been waiting for this update all day. Do you think it will drop at 12?

Again, that doesnt fucking matter. I fucking hate how esports have brought up this mentality.
Real competition shouldnt be incentivised by the monetary cash out. Thats nigger mentality

Doubt it

It shows that the devs are fully behind the game's competitive future. It's a bad look if Nintendo was the ONLY ONE that did not provide a cash prize for their new fighter.

it's out in an hour and a half when maintenance ends

Server maintenance so it'll be happening soon. I don't know if it's cause if maintenance but I got a connection error during a ranked match I was winning and DROPPED TO RANK 14
That made me more angry than it should

youtube.com/watch?v=xmzAmbAJO-o&feature=youtu.be

update is out!

ARMs isn't a bad game, it just feels more like a random phone game you pick up and play every so often when bored, as opposed to a full price game you play for hours every day to get to the top rank.

>Coyle
WE'VE BEEN RUSED

Subjective

HELL FUCKING YES!

WE /UPDATED/ BOYS! LET'S GET PUNCHING

Best girl

Did this turn into a fucking buzzword over night or something? I've seen it used to deflect criticisms leveled at nintendo games constantly.

>gains a 3rd arm when charged
>goes into stealth when blocks

IT'S OUT!!!!

>Dat "Doctor Coyle"
>I'm unstoppable!
She's batshit insane and I'm totally down

Sure

No it doesn't? I don't feel that way at all.. And you're enough of a moron to pretend that it's a real criticism and turn it into console war shit Get a life and a brain

Her theme is giving me so many portal vibes and I love it.

She has to be the one behind headlok

>New stage is literally called [NAME REDACTED]

I think she has slower ARMS extension, so that might balance her out.

what are the patch notes, did they finally nerf fucking springman?

Is there a room? If not

4736-7102-4713

New Arm names are
>Lokjaw
the Hedlok minis
>Parabola
the electrified umbrellas
>Brrchuck
Chilled nunchucks

So the skull is Coyle's emblem, whereas this is the emblem other organization?
So we will get more villain type characters?

en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26377/~/how-to-update-arms

>Nerfing best boy
How bout no? He's the second most honest character in the game, next to Byte and Bark. And even then, Bark's meme fist is actually really annoying.

This is the worst time to be sick and with a head ache.
I'll just try to get some proper sleep and hopefully I'll be able to play tomorrow.

Discuss

>New fighter “Dr. Coyle” is now available. Play the Grand Prix at LV6 or higher as someone other than Dr. Coyle and see what happens…

>Grand Prix at LV6 or higher

Oh no she's perfect

Guys add me

>Update’s Main Art features Max Brass instead of someone different like Helix
>Max Brass now got into 2 updates main art.

I don’t think the best male will ever make it unless it’s a main screen where every fighter appears.

Nani? Well shit, I gotta try this!

Got you added already but I'm in the shitter, I'll be just a sec