Rotom Problem and GameFreak shitposting

So my girlfriend's mother died a month ago (this is relevant, keep reading).
I bought us Pokemon USUM (we used to play a lot back in X/Y), you know, to try and get her mind distracted. I'm currently ahead of her in the game, and for some reason after the water trial the Rotomdex decides to start talking all the goddamn time. One of the things he keeps repeating over and over is that maybe I should sometimes return home to rest, because "I bet your mom misses you too!".
Seriously Rotom? What the hell? That's not going to help at all.
Is there a way to shut him up? Besides, he's incredibly annoying. I want to see my minimap at all times.
I'm ok even if hacks are necessary, I want to solve this if possible before she notices it.

I know this isn't /r/, so this thread is also to complain about stupid and annoying shit GameFreak added/changed in these new games.

Some of the annoying things I find in the games:

1.- No supertraining. It was useful at the beginning of the game, so your pokemon would grow properly along the storyline. Now their EV's are growing all over the place. Plus the white bags were really useful to restart all EV's from 0.

2.- No more flying. Flying all over the place in ORAS was quite fun, why remove it? Plus, the outfits you get into when you are using the mounts looks retarded. Like a power ranger or something.

3.- Leveling up takes ages. I used to leave my pokemon in the daycare, and my 3ds with a bottle on the Dpad to go around luminalia in my bike, and overnight my pokemon were already over lvl 50. Also the Chansey's secret bases helped on that.

4.- The whole game feels like an entire cutscene. Where are the gyms, the puzzles, the long routes? Now the HM's aren't even necessary. It feels more like a children's game, but I guess its supposed to be? I dunno, that also feels patronizing towards children in my opinion. Its not like they are stupid. Why are games like that nowadays? Always easy and spoonfed with endless tutorials.

>Keeps bumping the thread yet no one replies
how sad
take this to /vp/, where it should be, and maybe someone will give a fuck

GameFreak always introduces new shit in one game and removes it entirely in the following games.

Something something kids will just go play free iPhone games if they ever get stuck instead of figuring out what to do on their own and then stop caring

5.- Less content. No secret bases. No beauty contests. No bike. No flying around. No battle mansion. Only one restaurant. No need to take care of berries. The islands are small, with almost no people, and there is no central big city. Lumiose city was awesome I remember. Even the TV's are boring, showing the same adds for malasadas and the photo club. The added features like taking photos and mantine surfing feel dull and empty to me at least. Again, more like for small children.

>wah the games hard

>wah the games too easy

What is it

>ev training at the start of the game
>not liking spats chicken-chan
>using daycare to level
>not using chansey SOS encounter
>pretending that gen 6 has content

Supertraining was fucking garbage. You can just throw them in Pelago if you give a shit, and EV reducing berries are too easy to grow now, you don't even have to water them.
If you're in USUM, wild Chansey call wild Blissey if hit by an adrenaline orb.

I never paid much attention to Rotomdex. I've heard that if you just ignore it then it stops talking so much, but I don't know that there's a way to disable it or silence it or whatever.

I've always been surprised that no one used the daycare to level up. It literally took no time at all. Just make sure your character is walking on its own, with something pressing the Dpad, and just go afk.

It's slow and boring, that's why
Even gen 6 had the cafés and o powers

6.- Hau is a gay cuck.

lmao

>the bike is content
>the last tower clone is less interesting than the newest tower clone
>taking care of the berries (i.e. if you don't water a rare berry every few hours it makes a single berry crop) is better than planting them and leaving
And mate, the restaurants were borderline useless, max rewards for them gave you less money than it costs to enter the restaurant in the first place. The only thing I miss is secret bases. Also you can't tell me that a game with those Totems and Ultra Necrozma feels more for kids than the game that gifts you a legendary near the very start and is consistently severely underleveled in enemies the whole game.

Well I also did the Chansey secret bases, and still invested dozens of hours breeding and leveling my pokemon. Then they all got stolen along with my 3ds some years ago. Now I bought a powersaves because I don't have time to kill hundreds of chanseys. lol
Making tedious games also incentivizes hacking, another mistake of GF imo.

The first two points you quoted aren't about making the game easier, they're about having competent pokémon for PvP

Retarded complaint, much more convenient in the newest gen.
Replaced by other stuff but yeah I can see how you miss it I guess, it was nice at night.
If you're an idiot. Wild Chansey that call Blissey are in the game, which you can battle more than once every day.
Legit complaint
Dumb complaint, gen 6 was severely lacking in content as well. Also
>bike is content

>the islands are small, with almost no people, and there is no central big city
Was Gen 6 your first?

Didn't know about the bike, that's nice. I haven't finished the game lol, probably should do that before complaining. But I just had to blow some steam cause this rotom triggers me while I have to pretend I'm his friend so he poops out his powers.

Gen 1, Gen 3, then Gen 6, now 7.

I didn't had much faith on a solution, but I guess I also wanted to know what other people thought about it. I guess I'm being overtly critical.

Well the bike really doesn't do anything different from Tauros save for play less irritating music. If you haven't yet, just put Tauros on the down D-pad shortcut for convenience, and Charizard on the up d-pad (for looking at the map, it's easier than bothering with the bottom screen and puts up the fly options).
Just ignore him and he'll take the hint, you'll never need those powers during the story unless you're either farming money or you need to grind (which you shouldn't). During the postgame if you breed stuff you'll want Hatch, Money, and EXP but that's it, and Money is more so you can afford the good outfits.

If you want a complaint though, male trainers were absolutely dicked customization wise, while female trainers just had more options poured into their laps and have far better options than the male. It was like this in XY as well, you'd think they'd fix that but nah.

>Is there a way to shut him up? Besides, he's incredibly annoying.
No, but it only talks when you're doing some meaningful event, when you're done with the main story it will rarely talk to you other than the usual line it gives you when you start the game

>1.- No supertraining
there's the training isle in the pelago, training through sos chaining and bottlecaps

>2.- No more flying. Flying all over the place in ORAS was quite fun, why remove it?
Who knows, i never saw the apealing since the map is so small, at least now we have surfing which is nice
>Plus, the outfits you get into when you are using the mounts looks retarded. Like a power ranger or something.
it's not the coolest gear but whatever, just don't think about it

>3.- Leveling up takes ages.
you just said you haven't finished the game, what the fuck are you complaining about, plus you got the exp boost from the rotodex to help you with that

4.- The whole game feels like an entire cutscene.
yeah that's bad
>Where are the gyms
gone for at least this gen, and i'm kinda glad, they felt all pretty much the same
>Now the HM's aren't even necessary
that's great, no more HM slaves or wasting move slots on my pokemon for what were for the most part useless moves

>5.- Less content.
Finish the game first then complain

You skipped the good ones, wtf dude