Digital Foundry has released a list of the most technically impressive games of 2017...

Digital Foundry has released a list of the most technically impressive games of 2017. What is your opinion on their chocies? They are

7. Nex Machina
6. The Surge
5. Gravity Rush 2
4. Claybook
3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Assassin's Creed Origins
1. Horizon Zero Dawn

If you want to hear their reasoning you can just watch the video.

youtube.com/watch?v=1g3z3bkrK3o

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/brainchildlight/media
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

inb4 bitching about how devs are making pretty graphics when they should be simulating 10,000 barrels falling at once

I'm not surprised about Nr 1, considering it was lacking in every other aspect like story, world interaction and player agency.

Battlefront 2 looks better, just because EA are jews doesn't mean we should ignore that

Damn horizon looks good.
And it plays great aswell. All around top tier game.

How would this list look like if we rearrange it into kino-ludonarrativity order?

Is it actually good

I didn't know they made a best graphics award aswell.

It's not bitching, I'll rather have an engaging world and deep mechanics than a pretty picture to only look at.

>Open video
>Nex machina is impressive because it uses voxels to create destructible terrain in a arcade shooter setting.
>Close video.

Is there a single game journalist out there who knows ANYTHING about video games?

no

Who

Fuck off newfag.

Yeah

What a shit list
Nex Machina? Top down arcade shooter?
BotW? Sub 30 fps bland open world?

hzd legitimately the best looking game ive played in terms of tech stuff and art and i used to have high end pcs and played everything on ultra before

witcher 3 comes close but not as advanced technically

im hyped as fuck for death stranding since its being developed on the same engine

It's alright.

>botw
Jesus christ did Nintendo pay them? That game looks horrible and has shitty framerate. Is it because of the physics shit which has been done in garry's mod since forever?

It's a system seller to be honest, coudln't go back to Zelda after just playing a couple of hours Horizon. It's challenging, addicting and most importantly fun.

Witcher 3 has better physics though, the foliage/trees reacts to the wind & player, HZD is static except for small pockets of tall grass that only react to player

yes but can you climb that mountain?

Yes

It's not 2006 anymore grandpa, physics stopped being impressive after HL2 shoved it down everyone's throats.

the big claim to HZD's graphics is it's foliage, but the trade off they made was making it static to fit so much on screen

>another 500 posts of "reeee why is this on the the list"

>Horizon Zero(0) Awards
No thanks.

>Is Horizon: Zero Awards a good game?

But it literally got one just now as the technically most impressive game of 2017.

Most technically impressive game of 2017

>the foliage/trees reacts to the wind
lol no, that shit is all scripted loop, there's no wind at work there. And it's nowhere close to be realistic. go outside and watch a real forest.

I completely forgot The Surge was a thing. What an unmemorable game.

Isn't it just an indie game?

It's Far Cry. If you liked Far Cry you'll like it. If you don't like Far Cry you won't like it.

Don't mind the mustard, they know nothing innovative comes out for PC anymore since devs are so used to just letting stronger hardware bruteforce things.

I can complain about this while still acknowledging that even though horizon has standard physics and interactivity, it has the best graphics technology on the market.

No, physics became necessary to impress after hl2 showed us how revolutionary it is

>coudln't go back to Zelda after just playing a couple of hours Horizon
Exactly fucking this, and I love Zelda, but Horizon just instilled a true sense of exploration in me.

bull fucking shit. after colorado springs, which admittedly was amazing to look at especially at night, horizon doesn't have much left to explore.

>What is your opinion on their chocies?
lacks Battlefront 2 in all seriousness. DICE are technical masters, whatever other faults the games may have.

What does it do on a technical level?

It's archaic, very last gen, especially the easy to exploit AI, the fake open world full of hubs and invisible walls and the static envirronment that often lacks proper hitboxes.

You chose a shit screenshot on purpose right? My fucking eyes, what is wrong with those trees.

>BOTW on the list
Completely invalidated

It't not even the final UI of the game.

That's just to placate faNboys. The listmakers probably knew damn well they'd get shitposted until they gave the glorified tablet a game on the list. Technology-wise, BOTW is last gen as fuck.

Once again proving that Sup Forums knows nothing about tech

nope, i fell for the meme and dropped it after ~10 hours

Don't ask if a game is good on Sup Forums the answer will always be it's shit or worst game ever created

twitter.com/brainchildlight/media

hi, pm me pls

>another thread of people screeching because they're unable to accept that something might actually be impressive on the respective hardware

None of these are impressive in any way. Man what a shit looking game.

Then show me a game that's actually impressive

There're popular games on that list, so Sup Forums will of course say that the list is shit and shilling without giving any reason or naming others games Just your usual no u and no i'm right

You can not watch a stream of this game for more than 10 minutes without falling asleep. No offence to those who like the game(having shit taste in games doesn't say a lot about a person), but claiming that this is better in any shape or form than zelda is plain retarded.

Non of these games are impressive in any way, this was such an unnecessary video, also it's obvious that counting frames doesn't make you an expert when it comes to visual quality and actual technical aspects of a game.

They've been calling Gears 4 and Uncharted 4 technical masterpieces yet they both look mediocre as fuck.

Thanks for replying to me, my friend. I didn't actually finished reading your post since it doesn't seem to be addressed at me. However, after glimpsing at the first few words I can already tell that they have more authority than you do and thus their opinion weighs more. Thanks for understanding.

>visuals=tech
ffs Sup Forums

It's ubishit with a fresh coat of paint that's appealing for all of two hours.

Then name some games that are technically impressive.
This guy is right, literally everyone just screams that the list is shit without giving any other examples

I can't tell if you're talking about breath of the wild or hzd.

Both

Prob the one with below 90 metacritic

At least try to make sense with your replies next time
You guys always jump on shit and bring up stuff without any reason

Nintendo games duh.

Apart from visuals Horizon doesn't have any tech.

How can a game be TOP1 TECH when the environment doesn't even properly react to you?

but he's right, i dropped HZD after 4 hours. trash. at least AC:O was able to entertain me for 18 hours

Name some technically impressive games then instead of just saying the list is shit etc.
NAME SOME

>2007 game has more impressive tech than 2017 game
>2017 game is """""most impressive""""" tech of the year

Sad!

>implying idiots on Sup Forums won't just name shit like BF2 because they think good looking 90% scanned visuals are tech

nuCrackdown
Red Faction
Crysis

Crackdown isn't even out yet and the other ones aren't from 2017
Also Red Faction and Crysis do nothing impressive so spare me your typical answers

Is Sup Forums literally looking for shit to be outraged about? Do we have to put a trigger warning in the OP for every thread that doesn't just shit on things Sup Forums doesn't like? Will Sup Forums always bitch about other peoples opinion? Why is this place literally tumblr 2.0?

>inb4 0 replies except for muh crysis trees fly away! moving vegetation is only impressive when crysis does it!

He's talking about tree's not the fucking ui you chimp

>*cricket sound*

>RF, Crackdown and Crysis don't do any impressive

Uh huh, and what impressive shit does Horizon do? The effects on water are 2d sprites, the bushes/grass don't react to you in any way. Literally no interactivity with the environment except for a few trees here and there and only when some retarded AI jumps into them.

Again Crackdown isn't out yet and the others aren't from 2017
Again name some techincally impressive games that should be on that list.Also i never said that Horizon should be on the list either, so stop being so insecure and name some fucking games, stop avoiding the question for more shitposting

Not that guy but RF was only impressive for a while, everything just breaks into but chunks which really isn't that impressive and Crackdown is still not out yet and the destruction we saw in early "gameplay" was never shown to that extent again and only works with the "power of the cloud"

>b-but that game!
>lists no games

>the others aren't from 2017

You asked for technically impressive games without giving a date you stupid nigger. And it's sad that those games after all these years still are more impressive than Horizon.

FEAR also comes to mind. 12 years, and still better tech than Horizon.

Are you, by any chance, retarded?

>ITS NOT IMPRESSIVE TECH BECAUSE IT USES TECH!!!

>thread is about games in 2017
>hurrhurr he's some games not from 2017

Yeah so it isn't it kinda sad doing a "MOST TECHNICALLY IMPRESSIVE GAMES OF 2017" when those are less impressive than 12 year old games?

And you still can't tell me what tech Horizon has apart from "everything that is right infront of you looks good"

GR2 should be number one tbqh

Actually DF has made 2 videos going in depth on Horizon's tech. The awards video literally tells you that.

Yeah and it's literally just "IT LOOKS GOOD".

Yes, let's just ignore the parts where they say it looks good because of... You now, the actual tech portions.

Such as? The game has 0x AF on base PS4. Also didn't you niggers say games that look good don't count because visuals aren't tech? And now you're saying visuals count for Horizon because "muh tech makes it look good"?

This is Sup Forums in general. Are you new here?

are you retarded or something? just because there were impressive games in the past doesnt mean that you cant appreciate what people are making in the present. its a fucking youtube video anyways, these puff pieces are put out daily just to make money, why get all butthurt about it?

>Sonygros spam the shit daily thinking their shitbox has impressive tech
>get btfo by games that came out a century ago
>I-ITS JUST A VIDEO A-ANYWAY!! wh-why can't we a-all just appreciate that w-we're holding tech b-back and enjoy the r-r-r-regress

>it's another "mustard spergs out because of his superiority complex when someone says nice things about a plastic box" episode
I thought we were past this.

They can't help it when the only exclusives they have left are indieshit.

woah

what the fuck are you talking about? I've got a gaming pc you spaz, stop projecting your own insecurities all over Sup Forums

>still cant say what tech Horizon actually has

lol, funny how quick the sonygros get their gaymur pcs

What happened to mods IP range banning everyone who's obviously instigating consolewars garbage? Is that no longer happening?

>basicly no answer
KEK
Once again Sup Forums is nothing but shitposting and when it comes to actual arguments they have nothing