Dragon Ball FighterZ

Beerus confirmed to be in the open beta.
More beta info coming out next week.
29 days until launch.
Pros from all different fighting games coming together to compete in this
DBFZ #1 entrants for Combo Breaker opening week of registration
The hype is rising

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14724265
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/2149769425933810450
youtube.com/watch?v=zAIgCiWEYMA
youtube.com/watch?v=riuTaOKh7e0
youtube.com/watch?v=0foCSy4Dfxw
youtube.com/watch?v=m7pIkAXODDE
youtube.com/watch?v=r8jao-NNNVY
youtube.com/watch?v=Hcwo7BuK-1k
youtube.com/watch?v=FytTIM4T0vc
youtube.com/watch?v=g7nwmqLoiCw
youtube.com/watch?v=oIER-FJeMk8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

And now I wait.

Bardock, Morshi, SSJ4 Gogeta and Jiren will be DLC. Screenshot this

People are hype, but we won't see this at EVO.

youre delusional if you think it wont be at Evo
the real question is will it stay alive for Evo 2019

*Roshi!!!!

This. Pokken ended up at EVO with only like 5 months of lead time. DBZ is distilled hype and yet it won't get in?

>the real question is will it stay alive for Evo 2019
It might stick around a bit longer then anyone would think.

Keflags die

How can they die if they don't exist anymore?

you and me both, also
POST TEAMS
NAPPA/TIEN/KRILLIN
BALD GODS

DLC cast will be Janemba, Broly, GT Kid Goku, Omega Shenron, Mr. Satan, Great Saiyaman, Whis and Jaco

Ginyu/Nappa/Frieza

Hair is for the weak

You're delusional if you think a fighting game hyped by the community to this caliber won't be at EVO.

Kid Buu, Beerus, 21

I'm thinking Ginyu point, Cell second, and Gotenks anchor. My final team probably won't be any of these and we'll have to see how each of them preform without assists, but this is the team that immediately sparks my interest.

Can someone explain point, mid and anchor to me?

>point
doesnt really need to use meter, can utilize combos and moves to build loads of meter
>mid
half and half, can build meter, and is useful for using it
>anchor
the person your meter is for, they need meter to be useful depending on your comp, and usually are the end all be all last resort
these are the simplest ways to explain

point is the guy you start with
mid is the best assist on your team
anchor is the dude that blows all the meter your other 2 characters gained to win the game

Point = lead character who can do his job without meter and gets the most from having 2 people back him up

Mid = your assist character. The one with the really good assist that makes your point and possibly your anchor work well. Also good if they function as either a battery (builds a lot of super meter) or a character who can get rid of extreme threats just in case you're forced down to your anchor

Anchor = your final character. The one you depend on to get the win when all other characters have fallen

Thank you both. ^^

Sup Sup Forums how are you enjoying that new goku?

I'm trying to find teams for Piccolo, 16, Krillin, & Nappa to go on, but I'm thinking of running Ginyu/Tien/Frieza as a semi-keepaway team.

krillin seems to be THE keepaway character iirc

strawpoll.me/14724265

gonna hotglue it

have you forgiven him yet?

L O L

Die

Do you guys think the ultimate edition is worth the extra money?
I'm just worried arcsys will release an updated version a year or two later.

It's ArcSys. It's inevitable.

The fact that they're doing a season pass (something they've never done before) tells me we might not see a full rerelease as usual. Maybe an "Arcade Edition" free update (the OP screams arcade opening), but nothing like a paid expansion.

The only thing potentially worth getting is the season pass.
The music, commentator, and color packs are all worthless shit.

theyre supporting it with lots of dlc including announcer packs and music packs, not a new full version like guilty gear. i think its worth it if you like fun bonuses like the anime soundtrack and different announcers. you can always buy it later from the store rather than buying it up front too.

>arcsys
they're only the developer
bamco is probably in charge of everything else

Beta date?

14th to 16th, 14th is the bonus pre-order day

>bonus pre-order day
Does this work with amazon pre-orders?

Only digital preorders as far as I know.

Oh. Not familiar with Bamco games. Are we going to get jewed less or more?

A lot of DLC but as I'm aware not much cut content.

more probably

I hope I'll at least be able to play with everyone else without upgrading to a new version unlike with Sign/Rev/Rev2

Hey Sup Forums, visitor from Sup Forums here. I was pumped for FighterZ until I read the minimum required specs for PC on Steam and learned that my computer doesn't meet any of them other than the graphics card (i5 processor instead of i7, 8GB RAM instead of 16GB, etc). I plugged the minimum specs into Newegg and it looks like a new computer that can play the game on full will run me around $1,200-$1,500.

On the other hand, a PS4 with 1TB runs for $300. A PS4 Pro is $400.

Is there any fucking reason I should spend the dosh on a new PC when could spend 1/4 or 1/5 the money on a PS4? I'm not a huge gamer. I just want something to play FighterZ on when my toddler takes a nap. What in the fuck causes such a price disparity between consoles and gaming PCs?

He's right you know.

store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/2149769425933810450 I got ya bro

I wanna get good at this game.
Was moderately good at smash 4, but this game is something else. I wanna be more then above average in the region i wanna go places you know?

How does a leaf living in the middle of nowhere start this journey?

>not learning the characters you love the most
>no matter how hard/shit they may be

>No cooler

Pls no

Upgrading your PC will not cost you 1,200 dollars, dude. You may be able to run it anyway, I doubt it really requires 16GB of RAM and as long as you have a 3.4GHz processor you'll be fine.

But if you do need something new then I guess just go with a PS4, the game will run at 60fps anyway.

Are you a child? Why is this hard for you? If you had any interest in PC gaming beyond Fighterz, you'd already own a good one. If you're serious and not trolling, get a console because a PC would be a terrible investment for a person who is only now weighing the cost/benefits.

You get a gaming PC if you're serious about gaming as a hobby and want to play games at their highest quality. If you just want to play DBFZ then you might as well get at PS4 (don't bother with a Pro, PS4 will play the game at the exact same locked framerate). Plus the PC version will be DOA anyway, like all PC fighting games. Plus plus, remember you'll have to fork over money to play online. Also pic related.

I've seen a lot of people say they want to see a Switch version. I could see that working but 1080p 60FPS doesn't seem to be that thing's strong suit.

I'll probably get it on Xbone because it's enhanced for the X and my friends also have Xbones as their main consoles.

Nah, my team will definitely have Vegeta. I don't care much about the other two slots, and will probably just pick easy execution or good characters.

Dragonball:
>Kid Goku

DBZ:
>Vegito

GT:
>SS4 Goku
>Omega Shenron

Special:
>Bardock
>Broly
>Cooler
>Janemba

That's my DLC wishlist.

If Kid Goku doesn't get it I'm gonna be frikken mad. Get rid of Bluku if there's too many.

Jokes on him, i like 95% of the cast

You know, it's good to have goals. But if you're not willing to like, drive out to some major city for locals once a week, or even start doing locals in your own town, it'll be pretty difficult to "go places". You'd have to supplement live practice against familiar people with the same (at best) over PSN or something. Some people have a lot against using online play to practice and improve, but at the end of the day, if you fucking play the game and know what you're looking out for in regards to getting better, you can get good., especially if you bother to reach out to any community that frequently plays this game and consolidates useful information. I dunno about "pro" though. That takes a lot more investment than just playing.

pc system requirements are placeholder, they will be MUCH lower as the guilty gear engine runs extremely well on lower systems.

ps4 pro is trash.
pc version will be superior.

ps4 requires monthly fee to play online anyway so you wont be saving much compared to upgrading your pc. ps5 probably going to be announced next year anyway.

>boring, shallow and limited as fuck gameplay wise
But dem graphics and dragonball name on tho!!!!

Post tracks that you're modding into the game. As for me, I want them to release music packs. My computer is a toaster.
youtube.com/watch?v=zAIgCiWEYMA
youtube.com/watch?v=riuTaOKh7e0
youtube.com/watch?v=0foCSy4Dfxw
youtube.com/watch?v=m7pIkAXODDE

It won't be dead on PC right?

No Uub no buUy

>Plus the PC version will be DOA anyway, like all PC fighting games.
you know nothing john snow

is Sup Forums's guide a useful resource? I've been a console gamer my whole life but I want to switch over, more of the weeb shit I love is ending up on pc not to mention the whole mid gen upgrade bullshit and bullshit in general is really leaving a sour taste in my mouth

>fighting game on PC
>having a playerbase

Of course not.

This picture confuses me, but yea im trying to get a local scene going. Though ill probably have to find an online community of somekind to practice regularly.

Thanks, I appreciate the advice and pointers.
Upgrading my existing PC would be cheaper, but I'm not a techy person. I was curious what a new PC would cost and was shocked at how much more expensive it was than I had anticipated.
Yeah, one thing I was worried about was PS5 around the corner. Last console I bought was PS2 when I was a kid. But then, my computer was brand new 4 years ago and it's already obsolete apparently.
I have a child, I'm not a child (30). $300 is cheaper than $1,200, but it's still nothing to sneeze at and I wanted to make an informed decision that I wouldn't regret later. So, I came here to ask people in the know. I'm somebody that is more concerned about spending money on the right thing instead of spending the smallest amount possible, so I figured if there was an argument for going the PC route despite the cost, Sup Forums could offer it. And I did get good advice! If you want to talk BR2049 or need fitness advice, ask away. We give what we can and take what we need.

Reminder that Dragon Ball has no canon.

whats your existing pc and monitor? it will likely be able to run it, or at least just need a video card upgrade that will be much more valuable in the long run than a ps4 + online subscriptions

>there are still anons who think Goku's best transformation won't get in

>SSG spends the least ki and is stronger than SS3
what's even the point of going SS1/2/3 anymore?

>on Cell saga they try to make these stronger forms that are slower
>later they just ditch everything and go with better everything forms
fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=r8jao-NNNVY
youtube.com/watch?v=Hcwo7BuK-1k
youtube.com/watch?v=FytTIM4T0vc

And if Broly ever makes it in:
youtube.com/watch?v=g7nwmqLoiCw

>people are hyped about a game
>they can't really givea reason, only dude dragonball lmao
the fuck is wrong with you faggots, most of you don't even like fighting games

Who?

Why would I think that when I know Super Saiyan Goku is already in the game

>PS2 era DBZ music packs

Absolutely 0% chance of happening. The whole plagiarism thing, you know.

PUBG set a record 3 million players, before that dota 2 held the record for I don't even know how long. Stop talking like you know everything.

>PUBG
>DOTA 2
>fighting games
reading is hard :((((

My primary monitor is an AOC 2269W. PC is a 64-bit Asus with Windows 7, a 4th gen Intel i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz, 8GB of RAM, and a GeForce GTX 760 (192-bit).

>mfw monkeys think they can into forms

It's a little annoying that you're forced to play SS1 Goku as the base form instead of his actual base form. Hopefully they'll give you the option down the line.

you're gay, now that you've read this, you are officially gay.

AKSHUALLY it's SS2 Goku.

you wont even have to upgrade at all most likely.

Based zeno cleaning out the trash

It isn't.
SS2 Goku only appears in the boxart for some reason

i was already gay

720p would be enough.

GT has one slot for DLC. Only one SS4 can be chosen.
Who do you pick?

lol, alright. cool dude. seriously though, anything can happen man/woman. This game looks dope, as someone who doesn't play fighting games, I am looking forward to owning it. I like dragon ball and the game looks beautiful, I wouldn't be surprised if it does well, I hope it does.

Gogeta. Because there are 2 Goku's and Vegito is more likely to happen.

Can name lots of reasons.
-looks amazing, the developers obviously care alot about how the characters looks and moves. Emulating DBZs animation style to near perfection, ill add sound design and voice acting here to so half this list isnt "how close it is to DBZ"

- no bullshit that has plagued games like MvsCI, this includes cutting the roster apart to sell as dlc later. Making a character a preorder bonus (SSGSS is an early unlock, like the new android you can get those characters in game). Among other shit capcom has done the past year with the release of marvel.

-its 3v3. Which i personally prefer over 2v2

-both Japanese and english voices avalible? Yes please, mvc3 had that feature and you were able to make it character specific. More games should do this.

- a story mode that is not only new but looks like it will be more then 2-4 hours long. Im personally sick of the "play through the main story of the show" and xeboverses formula that is the same but with movie villians added.

-my friends are hyped, both fighter fans and dbz fans alike.

Thats a few

Kefla character concept for DBFZ youtube.com/watch?v=oIER-FJeMk8

I just want Kale cheering for me on the sidelines. Is that too much to ask?

I want to rape Kefla

I want to not have Kefla in the game

Kefla in the first DLC pack right?

here an even better reason
>the gameplay looks fun

>kid buu on point
no

Anyone know when the best DBZ character gets added?
He is the only reason Kid Buu was stopped and you know it.