twitter.com/srw_xomg/status/947124535706267648
youtube.com/watch?v=7nv5SQOStTk
youtube.com/watch?v=NLZnTtFRUAM
youtube.com/watch?v=TIKISh2lJGA
youtube.com/watch?v=me3Me0jikwE
youtube.com/watch?v=Rt01YBiWmhA
youtube.com/watch?v=Qsiv-kHI8os
youtube.com/watch?v=OG_5YnGwEEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=3CrLEi73MWk&index=17&list=PL7oGGg7qjS8FBThZq07Zoub84l0-Eu244
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Classic probably but I also love Battle Network, just picked up Star Force Leo and I'm digging it. Luna really is best girl.

Star Force is the only Mega Man series I have never played because I keep hearing it’s pretty bad, do you recommend it?

Also favorite series is Zero.

gotta go with classic, but legends is right behind it. missed out on the handhelds, so cant say much about those

I've only played the classic series, but Legends looks very charming.

I've enjoyed Leo so far, I'd guess I'm maybe halfway through the game not exactly sure cause I haven't played it before. People have told me the plots of 2 and 3 are worse but nothing on the gameplay.

Overall it's pretty much Battle Network with a different battle system and some defunct attempt at a game integrated social media that you can just ignore entirely.

Top 3 are Battle Network, Zero, and Classic

Legends is my favorite, but I like all of them.

>Gameinformer says they're going to update the MM11 news page on certain day
>they don't
>it ends up being stuff we know already
This has been happening all month. I want MORE INFO

Just ordered a copy of Mega Man 64 today, you guys are gettin me hyped

Are you the Star Force user from a few days ago?

2's just more the same gameplay wise there's not much else to say about it.

3 adds a whole bunch of stuff in the mix. Among others is the return of PA's from BN.

You have five seconds to prove to me the Megaman Zero wasn't the best series in this franchise.
>Best boss fights
>Best story
>Rockin Music
>The Fuckin Z-SABER
>Ware wa meshia nari! Ha ha ha.
There's nothing better.

Megamall x 1-4
5 and 6 are great too but there's no real punishment for running out of lives.

>Are you the Star Force user from a few days ago?
I don't remember half the shit I post on Sup Forums so maybe? I kinda doubt I'd post anything memorable enough to be remembered as "The Star Force user"

Just beat QueenOphiuca yesterday (How come Ophiuca isn't called Ophiuchus when all the other FMians have their regular constellation names. I get QueenOphiuchus wouldn't fit in the name bar but HarpNote isn't called LyraNote, they could have had the FMian named Ophiuchus and the boss be named QueenOphiuca.)

It was certainly the most consistent in terms of quality.

Well whatever I suppose. It's nice you're enjoying SF1 so far

The real question is whats the best Zero game?

I personally think its 3

I didnt play through 64, but it cant be much different from ps. Enjoy. im sure you'll be pleasently surprised

Two for me, just because of Elpizo's theme
youtube.com/watch?v=hTsBOzj2FJQ

What do you think were X's opinions about Zero's racist girlfriend? How awkward was it when the three of them were hanging out and Iris just casually says something really offensive about humans?

X for sure. MMX on the SNES is one of the greatest platformers ever made.

It's a coin toss between two and three for me personally.

Battle Network, hands down.

I feel like 11 isn't really going to change anything besides keeping Megman's future from being completely uncertain. Like the most that will come out of it is.

>Hey remember when Wily did *insert plan here*
>They should have stopped at 10
>If you all bought 11 maybe Capcom would have continued the series!
>Tfw still no ZX 3 as the rest of the series is ignored

twitter.com/srw_xomg/status/947124535706267648

It's been a while since all of us last hear Megaman, Protoman and Bass's voices.

9 and 10 were basically the same. Maybe they'll touch on 10's ending. Is Wily a robot? The first Cyborg? A fake Wily who thinks he's the real one?
I mean probably not, maybe in Megaman 12 if we get it but for now it seems like they're going back to 1's roots with Wily stealing Light's bots, who knows if the plot will even consist of anything else.

Here's hoping Protoman and Bass actually show up, and crossing my fingers for another game where Bass is playable.

Yeah no Megaman 11 definitively is not going to save Megaman. The series was never THAT popular and 11 came out the gate giving a bad impression unfortunately. I'm sure it will sell well I just don't think it will sell well enough to SAVE the franchise you know. I'll still hold out hope for Legends 3.

SNES X

Legends, played well on ps1 for a shooter.

>I'll still hold out hope for Legends 3.
If only I had that optimism.

I think when it comes to gameplay the Zero series was the best so i guess it is my favorite i like classic a lot too and starforce the only series i never played was battle network

See I'm not exactly sure the factors we should count. I think it will by virtue of platform.

Mega Man has only passed around 1.2 million on a single game issuance. Highest seller was from the multi-version Battle Networks.
Further there's few times in theseries history a game received a concurrent Multiconsole release.

With digital game periodic super sales, cross console simulrelease, and the hype from the game's "revival" status I don't doubt MM11 could easily be the best selling Mega Man as RE5 became the best selling RE. But what $1.10 in sales actually means for it as a business success is another issue.

If Capcom is bothering to revive the series at all, that means they must have come to terms with the fact that MM is not a gangbuster selling franchise. I doubt their expectations are that high.

Starforce 3 puts BN's PvP and chip system to shame.

Noise Forms and Online PvP was the best thing capcom did to this guy.

>Online PvP
Well fuck, now I want a Star Force 4

Screen's too small. You never see what's in front of you or underneath you, and dodging the bosses is impossible when they take up a third of the screen.

I specifically recall the jumps in the bomb factory in Z1. Fuck me that's bad game design.

>>Best story
The story relies on the world awarding immortality as a form of punishment for the worst criminal in history. Then the aforementioned worst criminal coming back a century later with the weapon which nearly destroyed the world and no one resisting as he installs himself the leader of the world.

I like the Zero games but they're just as much nonsense as the rest of the series.

youtube.com/watch?v=7nv5SQOStTk

It was fun, especially if you knew what cards to use and counter.

The Repliforce was such a shitshow that if Capcom ever goes back to making X games they should just go back to the SNES era focusing on X's reactions rather than bothering with the revelations of what was behind the villain's motives.

I love 'em all. But I crave more of Legends the most

>most likely will not get older Kalinka as a cameo in MM11

It's not fair.

... wait is this poll specifying X's personality from the Zero games? Because fuck that.

IT'S NOT FAIR

Pretty sure it's referring to his own series

Mega Man can stand to make itself more available to call backs and cameos. I don't know why it's on a "Use once and throw away later" kind of mentality but fuck if there's not a dozen characters I'd like to see milling around.

Didn't King die in MM&B?

Well I inferred certain information from "megamanxzero15". But anywho based on the spread this is a "Favorite Series Poll". Since X himself and ... god help me... Geo are the only ones that actually have established characters by my reckoning.

Nope. He sends a letter to Rock saying he's gonna go do some dumb shit.

Classic. Mega Man X was like mighty no 9 for me at the time.

No. Though he doesn't come up in Bass' ending.

But even if he did; the Mega Man Killers came back.

Why do you mock me

Zero 2 also has the best intro stage in ANY Mega Man game.

youtube.com/watch?v=NLZnTtFRUAM

Kinda/Sorta depends on the ending. In Bass's ending yeah he's dead. But in Megaman's King sends a letter to Megaman saying he's still alive.

Since MM9 treats Megaman's ending in MM&B as canon. King's still alive. Somewhere.

Well I know this isn't your fault or anything but in either of King's fights his same ending statement is fucking fucking fucking fucking fucking stupid.

He claims; to no one, after Bass/Megaman leave that he doesn't have a teleporter system and supposedly trapped. Yet before the fight he clearly remotely commanded a teleportation of Protoman

In the story of the game, Mega Man and Bass are teaming up.
Both endings are canon.

X1-4 for gameplay (I know others play like it, but I'll give it props for starting the trend)
Zero for the enemy characters (four generals)
ZX for actually letting you play as them
Legends for style and world
Command Mission for allied characters (Steel Massimo, Cinnamon)
I'm not a fan of classic because I keep wanting to wall-jump and dash

>Command Mission for allied characters (Steel Massimo, Cinnamon)

You mean the characters who were tossed aside once Zero and Axl showed up?

I want to like Command Mission but it was just so badly handled.

Honestly Megaman doesn't have it as bad as the X series does with characters like that.

Megaman has like
>Dr. Cossack and Kalinka
>Duo
>King
>Quint
>The Stardroids, but honestly you could say the same about any other group of robot masters

Meanwhile
>Dr. Light, Dr. Wily, Roll, Auto, and Eddie appear in like every game since their inception
>Protoman prominently appears and is playable in 10 with Bass also being playable via DLC, Protoman was also playable via DLC in 9
>Mega Man 10 uses the Mega Man Killers in the time trials
>Reggae of all fucking things shows up in 10

>Cinnamon

My brethren

Fair enough.

How many people are even aware X has a tsundere girlfriend in the manga?

Is this Neptune's Reploid granddaughter?

I'm an X boy, but Battle Net has a place in my heart for introducing me to Boktai.

No

but you could make that cannon and it'd fit.

what about that capcom licensed Brazilian Megaman comic? That's a hell of a ride.

>There's nothing better.
Nice joke, user.
This piece of garbage called the Zero series was made by Inti Creates.
>>Best boss fights
Best my ass. Shitty and uninspired level designs, all of them absolutely unremarkable.
The same goes for the characters design, but they are also disgusting puke inducing fetishist garbage and not just bland.
>>Best story
It is absolutely pants on head retarded, even the X series didn't get as bad as the Zero series and its forced edginess with absolutely asinine shit like having a literal pink faggot destroying X's body, killing the Guardians's offscreen and the whole deal with Weil's immortality.
>>Rockin Music
The music is unremarkable as well, only a few soundtracks you could count on your fingers are good. Most of the OST is pretty generic and lacks any real soul.
>>The Fuckin Z-SABER
Probably the worst Z-Saber in all Megaman series. Even X7 had a more responsive blade than that thrash.
>>Ware wa meshia nari! Ha ha ha.
And Omega Zero was a retarded villain and there was nothing epic about him. Fighting against some little shit possessing Zero's original body was just a stupid TWEEST on the level of M.Night Shamaylan.

The Zero series is absolute shit, the only people who like it are a vocal minority of shiteaters who don't know anything better at all and have literally ZERO taste. I'd rather play Command Mission for the rest of my life than ever playing another disgusting Zero game again.

To be fair nobody trusted Weil when he came back. Even Harpuia seemed to be soured towards the idea of X being back. ANd COpy X was identical to the original and had free will, the problem was he was an idiot and Weil planned on Zero and him fighting and triggering the one thing that allow X to trigger the bomb he implanted AND make it look like Zero killed him. Also Zero/Elpizo's actions in the previous game made everyone trust the resistance even less.

The Omega thing was retarded though. Why didn't they fire the damn thing into the sun?

I don't like the human reploids from Zero. They look too much like CLAMP shit and have no expression to them.

MMO was gonna use 'em

ZX, specifically Advent since it was my first Megaman game, plus I like being able turn into the bosses, even if most of them are pretty situational. I also unironically love the English dub for some reason. I'm just sad that Best Siblings are dead along with their series.

Battle Network without a doubt.
Does anyone have the gif of Hub riding on slide panels with > on them as our logo is the background wallpaper?

>on them as our logo is the background wallpaper?
Fuck that didn't come out right.
Here's Sup Forums's navi as consolation.

Well fuck you too.

I feel like Sup Forums would be one of those characters who changes Navis between games, and that his current Navi would probably be something abhorrent like Wojakman.EXE, with WHIRR and crying powers.

>Wojackman.EXE

Wow I've never seen taste this bad in my life.

Seems like a real paradox if Weil was not trusted but the obvious mouthpiece for was. Throw all the inferred 'loyalty' lines out because Hariupia and the Generals started wavering on Zero in Z2 had come face to face with X's fallibility and at least HE got to listen in on a conversation with the X Elf and find out that Copy X was a fake since he found out that X's real body was imprisoning the Dark Elf.

Maybe Leviathan and Fefnir could be excused because they're both characterized as less intelligent and didn't explicitly find that out (also they aren't named "Sage"). But Hariupia following Weil by proxy through Copy Copy X is a DOES NOT COMPUTE level of robot idiocy, and he controlled a quarter of the armed forces of Neo Arcadia and all he musters is a half-hearted verbal objection that's only reactive in part.

Azure Striker Gunvolt

I only recognize the Megamissions manga as canon.

Because an X-Devil is an amazing fucking idea is what.

Interesting choice, athough many will disagree with it and the very idea that Gunvolt is part of the Mega Man series.

I am depressed xOver never got around to any of the remaining ladies... adult ladies.

Tia would've been nice..

Was it supposed to? Literally the only thing I know about it is that Kalinka is even more of a semen demon in it than she used to be.

How comes that Megaman has some of the best fire themed music?

youtube.com/watch?v=TIKISh2lJGA
youtube.com/watch?v=me3Me0jikwE
youtube.com/watch?v=Rt01YBiWmhA
youtube.com/watch?v=Qsiv-kHI8os
youtube.com/watch?v=OG_5YnGwEEQ

The X manga is absolutely in no way canon, which is both good and bad since it actually characterizes the mavericks really nicely, even lets some of them live and return later

The Megamix manga is only a heavily truncated version of the first Megamission set though, which is pretty sad.

Most of them are distinct enough that I do not have to pick favorites. Probably battle network is my favorite though. Legends was cool too.

Cause they don't fall into the trap so many other games do where the fire levels music is always slow deep brass instruments

youtube.com/watch?v=3CrLEi73MWk&index=17&list=PL7oGGg7qjS8FBThZq07Zoub84l0-Eu244

You tell me

Legends.

I'm sure it was a plan. Those swimsuit designs.... well actually I'm honestly not sure if the Luna or Sonia designs were used for promos before. But Tron, Caskett, Ciel, and so on were original swimsuit designs... still they were limited time super rare card draws. I recall hearing it would cost $130 USD to ensure you would get Tron, the first of these cards. So if it went on I'm sure they'd have gone through the X navigators and then started on the secondary NetOps.

As for Kalinka's base design; Xover adaptation was a relative adaptation from her development in MegaMix. But as far as game canon goes that was a new introduction.

I'm still trying very hard to understand why anyone would want to use Axl. He was a worse all around Spider until right at the endgame And not worth it when Spider died, Cinnamon was ungodly useful as free healing, and Marino was the god character and it didn't take much game knowledge to figure out how to stomp out bosses without giving them more than 1 turn every 30 of her's.

Oh these things. I thought they were just some summer art. Didn't realize Xover was that kind of game.

>In the story of the game, Mega Man and Bass are teaming up
Wait what? I never got that impression.