This didn't deserve the bad reviews it got

This didn't deserve the bad reviews it got.

agreed, a true masterpiece compared to RE7 unironically

My first hour in Leon's campaign (I'm playing on Professional difficulty). I've had the shit scared out of me, I'm finding myself conserving ammo, and the story is captivating. It's also nice to see a return of the zombies from 0, 1, 2, and 3.

The mechanics are decent for a third-person shooter, and camera problem are left to a minimum.

Why did this game get bad reviews again?

It deserved every single one of them.

Why?

According to reviewers Resident Evil 6 is a bad sequel and Dragon Age II is a perfect sequel.

Leons campaign is really the only one like that, there aren't proper zombies in the other ones.

Leon's campaign isn't that bad, everything else was hot garbage

it absolutely did, game is trash.

Even by generic third person shooter standards it's bad. Should have been a 20 dollar downloadable at launch

it's not a bad co op game, goes without saying this isn't really a resident evil game. first act was the best, second act was the worst, third act would have been better if it wasn't so short

giraffe blowjob.

Its still better than the 3rd person shit that came out this generation so far, i had a blast last year with the PS4 port, might go back to it to get the rest of the trophies

delet

I only enjoyed Chris's campaign since it was pure gameplay without retarded gimmicks like Jake's or numerous scripted events like Leon's. Overall, the game is complete ass. Ada's campaign was alright, too. Being alone is something this series has been missing for awhile.

7 was a step in the right direction, imo.

shut your fucking mouth dumbass. you haven't said anything other than it's a bad game with no reasoning behind it. kys

RE6 >TEW1&2

>dumb fucking tripfag
>thinks RE6 is good
>thinks he has the right to belittle anyone else

go fuck yourself you dumb attention whore
saged

The day 1 version of the game had some problems including camera and controls. People hated the QTEs too. Updates to the game fixed those issues but it was too late. It still sold incredibly well, Capcom just thought it was going to be a masterpiece because of the 7 characters story.

I love the game though. Think the controls are the best in the series, Mercs is incredibly fun with it's only rival being RE5's Mercs. Every story path has some nice shit in it, but they also have some bad stuff like Leons forced walking areas, Chris' GO TO DELTA CHECKPOINT military bullshit from the first 3 chapters, stuff like that.

Jake is fun to play as btw people who hate him can suck a nut.

I unironically enjoyed this game.

REmake > RE 3 > RE 2 > RE1 > RE4 > Revelations > Revelations 2 > RE0 > RE 6 > RE5 > Paul W. S. Anderson movies > Code Veronica

Yes it did. RE6 and RE7 a proof that crapcom doesn't know how to use IPs that it owns/creates.

Dead Rising, Megaman, MvC, Res Evil, DMC, Street Fighter, etc. They always totally fuck their series up after a few great games in a row.

I want another action game just like it but make it one campaign, be it either RE8 or a new spin-off or Dino Crisis Reboot with the RE6 gameplay or a new IP.

More of an RE game than 7 was that's for sure.

Even though the combat had way more options I found combat in RE5 to be funner.

>no agent in picture
why isn't the best character there?

I was the complete opposite - the other campaigns were ultimately bearable while Leon's was one of the worst things I've ever endured in a video game. RE6 had no business trying to be horror and Leon's suffered greatly for it.

Lore-wise, yes. Mechanically, fuck no.

I had better CO-OP experience with RE5, its what made that game fun for me

Yes it did. It was pants-on-head, in almost every aspect.

RE5 is a runaway for my most hated RE, I even had a better time with 6. That said, I also don't like co-op games.

True, it deserved worse

>funner

In less than 24 hours kids born in 2000 can legitimately post on this board.

If you're going to say Resident Evil 6 is a bad game, bring up some examples as to why. Because it sounds like most of you are just bandwagon dumbasses who are incapable of forming an original opinion.

thanks for the lit information senpai, absolutely fire.

is this how they talk now?

it was bad because it has co-op.
I WAS FUCKING FORCED TO PLAY IT WITH MY EX GF'S LITTLE BROTHER AND THAT CUNT IS SO FUCKING BAD I HAVE TO HELP HIM UP EVERY FUCKING TIME BECAUSE HE ALWAYS GETS GRABBED AND KNOCKED OUT BY FUCKING ZOMBIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GO FUCKING DIE OP FOR MAKING ME REMEMBER THIS SHIT

It has godawful level design and pacing far more often than it doesn't, and that's coming from someone who played it after the post-launch patches (enjoy turning off those QTEs and that FOV slider? So did I, but not the day one players, oh no). Good mechanics as well but the game does almost nothing to actually teach the player how to use them properly, which is a bit of an issue when you're a main entry of a then 15+ year old franchise and play ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOTHING like past entries.

its actually my favorite game ever, i mean campaign mode is except for a couple of parts. i dont play mercenaries on this game cause i suck at it lol. creature mode is also very fun unless the humans are playing on the easiest setting, its also fun to just dick around and have fun and do action that make the human charaters know you're playing as that creature. for example, that lizard creature making that screech sound whenever it aims can be spammed

>its actually my favorite game ever
>i dont play mercenaries on this game

Genuine reminder that there well and truly are all kinds in the world.

Come on stump yes it did

Best thing about the game was Ada's cute outfit

If by "costume" you meant "crossbow" then I agree. Headshots were SO good with that thing.

Get lost chink, it’s about the thick twenty something

It's retroactively a good game but at the time it was released it was an absolute insult to the fanbase who had been begging for a horror RE game for years and disliked the action focus of RE4 onwards.

Now that RE is horror again, we can look back at this as a pretty good action game. Context matters.

What noise do the chinese J’Avvo make when you kill them? Try to type that

>AIIIOIUUUUUUU

>It's retroactively a good game

No it's not. It has a few very, very good qualities but they pale compared to the avalanche of negatives.

It's okay. I know it's a meme at this point, but it'a only worth a shit when you've got someone to play with. It's far too long, too many set pieces, too focused on action. Even Leon's campaign, which starts all atmospheric devolves into an action game within an hour or so. It's not a truly horrific game, but it's the worst mainline game for sure.

RE5 was the one that really tried to push the co-op shit. Here is a game. Drink a shot everytime some one says the word “partner” in RE5

Thought that nero for a sec.

its the favorite game except i just ignore the game outside of campaign stuff lol

>that part in Leon's campaign where you need to help a nigger get his daughter and the game won't let you get ahead of him or he is so close to you you can barely move
>lame ass you need Helena to open the door bullshit
>QTE meme
what was Capcom thinking? Helena's ass and Ada was the only good thing about the game

Why is Helena so underappreciated bros? There's barely any of her in boorus

Yeah, but the game itself is still far more enjoyable to play than 6 in solo. I never claimed it's bad because multiplayer, i said it's only worth playing in multiplayer.

Her personality and role in the game are so irredeemably shit that I find the thought of fapping to her utterly repugnant.

>Helena's ass
I think you mean Helena's, Sherry's and Ada's ass. They were fucking perfection.

That's fucking bullshit dude. RE5 is an absolute slog when you play it solo, and only slightly better with a friend.

Her attitude in Leon's campaign was too damn annoying. God-tier design tho

Resident Evil 6 is a bad horror game but a fantastic third person shooter. Way better than Gears of War or Uncharted. Sadly since it's a Resident Evil game it has certain expectations attached to it that say it has to be horror and since it isn't some people were disappointed.

Not that user but I played 5 and 6 solo only and against all odds, I'm compelled to disagree. 6 made a shitton of mistakes but it did take 5's meager attempts at innovation - the co-op, the cover mechanics, the shift in pacing to a more aggressive action experience - and actually refine them, not to mention actually had controls befitting an action game this balls to the wall. 5 did nothing especially wrong but I found it to be extremely tedious from start to finish whereas 6 actually had some fun parts in its mess. If you put a gun to my head and told me to replay 5 or 6 right this very second, I'd reach for 6 without a moment's hesitation. Neither's good but I definitely had a worse time with one over the other.

Name my band

Game arguably worse than 5. With nearly every room you enter, the game yanks control away from you so the camera can zoom in on some object or some character talking to you. There's so many breaks in the gameplay that add so little. Between this and the constant action setpieces and QTEs, it's hard to sit down and enjoy the game without something interrupting it.

Also the story is terrible. Half of Leon's campaign is Helena leading Leon around by the nose without explaining why the fuck they're going wherever they're going. It makes it hard to give a shit when you're going places for no reason.

>get grabbed once on pro
>half your health gone
>playing the same campaign 5 times
>worst story out of every RE game
>worst character development
>gameplay not even as fun as 4 or even 5
>shitty / rehashed enemy designs
>linear as fuck

Leon's campaign is arguably the only one that feels like RE and even then it devolves entirely into bullshit once you hit China.

Because people played past the first hour

6 is the biggest slog. The only worthwhile part of it to solo is the beginning with Leon. After that, the atmosphere is gone, and it's just another bang bang shoot shoot game.

6 is way too overbloated. If it were a lot shorter, i could understand, but it's an absolute chore to get through at times. I'm not saying that 5 is a masterpiece, but at least some parts kept up the atmosphere and you had a sense of danger. 6 you're never worried about anything due to the over abundance of ammo, more so than 5.

Ada's does a better job of being like RE. Leon's only does it superficially - once you get out of the university it spends most of its time pissing on RE2 & RE4's legacy, and the university is mostly walking simulator stuff. Ada's campaign actually has a few decent puzzles in the catacombs and the stealthier approach actually does a better job of slowing down the gameplay and adopting a more contemplative pace than anything Leon's tried. Still not a great campaign, none of RE6's campaigns are great, but Leon's was an abject embarrassment from start to finish and Ada's was a better throwback than his was, whether or not it tried to be.

You a retard? Ada's campain they try to get you to stealth as much as possible in an RE game. Stealth is not RE.

6 is too overbloated but it also settles into its role as an action game (aside from Leon's misguided attempts at having its cake and eating it too with the horror) whereas 5 still feels like an intermediary between 6's approach and 4's slower pace but actually good game design. For me, 5 hits the worst kind of mediocre, the kind where everything works as it should but it makes you feel nothing. When the credits rolled, I felt relieved that I could stop boring myself to death with this nonsense. 6 though, I got mad A LOT but I also occasionally enjoyed myself. I felt something playing it and that's more than I can say for 5. That said, it helps to accept that "it's just another bang bang shoot shoot game." If you're expecting RE out of it then...actually, I'll still take the sections with pic related and Ada's puzzles over most anything in 5's main campaign.

I want Ada to make guest appearance in other games like The Evil Within and The Last of US, literally she can fit with any horror game

I'd rather stealth than Leon's piss poor attempts at homages. The attempts in horror in his campaign were flat out not good save for maybe a couple of setpieces like inside the church. Those are so few and far between, though.

Literally the whole game is piss poor. It's the point of the fucking thread OP is trolling for upvotes.

RE6 zombies are trash. Frog leaping mother fuckers that barely react when you shoot them.

Fair, but I still think Leon's is much worse than what the other campaigns were.

it deserved even worse reviews. this game is literally garbage and in no way explainable other than that it was made by unpaid interns

If you look at aspects in a vaccum RE6 has merits, but that's not how games work, you have to look at the entire package; and as a whole RE6 is a fucking terrible game.

The campaigns literally feel like they were outsourced to some bootleg Naughty Dog company. They're complete trash and aren't even designed for how the game plays. When a fucking minigame is your one saving grace you know your game is fucked.

It's the best RE game behind RE4 or 2 depending on your taste. But no matter your taste it is the second best RE game, fact.

I had the exact same experience with 5. A friend and I played coop on release day. By the time we finished off U-8 on the elevator platform I realized the game was drawing to a close, but I hadn’t really had any fun while playing it.

>that barely react when you shoot them

And there lies one of RE6's major issues - you're not supposed to primarily rely on firearms. The game is genuinely retarded enough to put you in a zombie apocalypse and then say "you are gun kata master, now FIGHT". It's also retarded enough to not clarify this very well to the player so they can be easily forgiven for treating melee like the knife or something and default to shooting because hey, that's what you do in Resident Evil. But that's not what you do in RE6. Christ, it's so dumb how bad of a job Capcom did in explaining how this fucking game works.

My taste dictates that it's the second worst RE.

That's actually my favorite part of 5 and 6. But it's still annoying when you blast a zombie in the stomach with a shotgun and it doesn't flinch because it goes into that stiff slow melting death animation, so you waste another shell on it and it still doesn't flinch but now you see the hole appearing in its stomach. RE6 also had way too many enemies with firearms to expect you to rely on the melee combat, that was the worst part of 5 and 6 for me.

RE6 is an unfortunate case of too many cooks in the oven. The dev team for it was outrageously huge and the game flows as if there was zero communication between the hundreds of devs that worked on the thing. It's like they handed a chapter to a small team to work on, had them do their thing in a vacuum, and when everyone finished their parts it was all Frankenstein'd together. The funniest instance of this for me was minecart section in Leon's campaign - you can just lie on your back and skip the QTE bullshit. How does that kind of design oversight make it into a AAA game of this size that railroads this hard?

*cooks in the kitchen

Because cooks go in ovens. Maybe in RE6 they do.

Trex Simmon's was a lot to take in lol

That entire fight fucking sucked. Lasted like 5 phases longer than it should've.

the game came with a manual. retards didn't read it. retards hate the game. people with a brain love the game. what a coincidence.

Yes, yes it absolutely fucking did, the game was complete garbage other than The Mercenaries.

And not a garbage Resident Evil game, a garbage game period. It is not a good action game. It's not a good third person shooter game. It's not a good game. It's fucking horrible.

Everyone unanimously agreed the game was complete shit until the PC port happened. Then PC fags went HAHAHA WE GOT YOUR EXCLUSIVE 'NEVER EVER' THEY SAID HAHAHA as if anybody on consoles cared that such a shit game got ported to PC.
After the PC port suddenly the game has this small but defensive fanbase. PC was a mistake.

not true my box only has the disc and a piece of paper

You are right i have it right here lmfao.

I don't think it came with a manual actually. I think it was actually some PDF shit that you had to look up.

>RE7
>spooky mansion filled with monsters
>goofy themed keys that open doors
>areas blocked off Metroidvania style in a semi-explorable open area
>actual survival horror with resource and inventory management
>cheesy puzzles that have no reason to be there

B-BUT IT'S FIRST PERSON
fucking RE7 is almost a carbon copy of the original game. For fuck's sake it's less of an action game than 2 and 3 are. Get over the new camera perspective, faggot.

wtf why do you have so much stamina

Yes, it absolutely did. It's not only a mockery to the original games whom are the ones that don't deserve the hate they get from ADHD numale fans, it's a mockery of the style and established gameplay of Re4, which is the only good game in the OTS style of resident evil games.

The only possible reason you could be defending RE6 is the mercenaries mode it had.

Because she's a fucking monster -directly- responsible not only for the death of the fucking POTUS but also hundreds of thousands of people in China?

Exactly how I feel about the game too. It’s almost as if they decided to include every single idea that anyone from the dev team came up with, having absolutely no regard about how well they mesh together.

But she's hot, and has Laura Bailey's voice. Besides, >Chinese being people

combat bar level 2 perk
who the hell in their right mind would rely on guns for this game?
the melee moves are so retardedly powerful

Its a good game. The controls are good, the menu is intuitive, and the combat actually gives you options instead of popping off a few rounds, and then running back and repeating until the enemies are dead.

So this is the thought process of a Helenafag.

Jake's campaign is the best thing in all of videogames.