Is a Magic build actually viable in this game? I've never seen anyone do it

Is a Magic build actually viable in this game? I've never seen anyone do it.

Is probably is, but the question is, why bother?

Yes, there is a youtube vid of a magic build MC+team beating Lucifer. It's definitely doable but kinda tedious since focus+physical skills is just too stronk.

Magic wrecks 99% of the game with absolute ease.

Link?

I guess
you absolutely need magic for a couple bosses, but against most physical is the way to go
and almighty magic is hot garbage compared to the almighty phys skills you get

WORLD OF STR
GO HARD OR GO HOME PUSSY
STR VIT GAINS
STR VIT GAINS
40 FUCKING STR, YOU BETTER FUCKING OPEN THAT DOOR PUSSY
IF YOU CAN'T OPEN THAT DOOR YOU MIGHT AS WELL USE FIENDS TO DO YOUR WORK
>using fiends

Its actually the best build to play the whole game. Strength is more of a late game thing, Magic is good since the start and allows you to exploit weakness. Only problem is Lucifer, but like it was said, its doable.

Yes, but Physical is just straight up better simply because you have access to Tornado, Charge, Pierce and whatever Physical move.

Have yet to play the game, is there any point in making Luck better?

Str is better mid to late (once you have Focus + Divine Shot onward). Magic doesn’t require much investment to be good so it can still be used early on by a Str build. IIRC going full magic actually makes your magic weaker or some nonsense. Basically no real reason to go magic over strength

>40 FUCKING STR, YOU BETTER FUCKING OPEN THAT DOOR PUSSY
If Pixie can open that door, it clearly isn't that much of a big deal, is it?

Use tornado or glacial blast, why not

Just you cant do graveyard quest, but you can complete all routes on hard using magic build

Not gaea rage
Not freikugel
Not iron claw

Come on mate

Reasons were the best alignments, TDE ruined the game

That's not the door I'm talking about, I'm talking about pic related.

I ve completed nocturne 6 or 7 times and im not sure what is tde

All of the reasons are pretty dumb.
TDE is somehow even more stupid.
How did it ruin anything, considering it's entirely optional?

But gaea rage is avatar tuner meme, where hitoshura 1shotting you

Neutral was the only decent one, at least it let you reset your chuuni friends back to their pre-retarded state.

More content compared to all 5 other endings, you ain't getting the most out of the game if you skip it.

Why bother?

Why bother with any ending? Nothing good comes out of Nocturne's scenarios.

I mean, unfucking the world and saving humanity is a pretty good deal.

No i mean why bother with saving friends. They are characters, with their choses, with their reasons. Sometime they are friends with you, sometime they are rivals

Nocturne is fucking good
Too bad cozy okada left and now no one will make us good smt game

True Demon Ending, it's the one where you complete the Labyrinth of Amala before entering the final dungeon. You cast aside the other Reasons and side with Lucifer and it ends with a fight against Lucifer.

It s not final fantasy game dude u know

I'm going to assume you mean the Neutral ending. And yes, but it's a temporary measure, as is anything that's not TDE and even that doesn't seem to accomplish anything given the games that follow. It's all pretty fruitless, but then that's the running theme of SMT.

>No i mean why bother with saving friends. They are characters, with their choses, with their reasons. Sometime they are friends with you, sometime they are rivals
I suppose the simple answer is "because you can". If the options are the short-sighted Reasons, demons ruling, fighting God but probably not winning or just resetting back to pre-retardation, then the last option seems sensible to me. Though none of it is much good in the long run.

Ah

Well it s good ending, you get to fight metatron and belzebub, and fuse em, and last kalpa. Though lucifer battle is not hard. Nocturne is hard only hitoshura solo hard mode.

>Nocturne is hard only hitoshura solo hard mode.
Is that even possible? Like, how do you solo Trumpeter, for example? His fucking toots will unavoidably kill you if you don't have a sacrificial demon to take the hit.

The anatema Gaia user, you get it from a door which you can't open unless you're buff.

cozy lost his spark after he left anyway. he joined the mobile gaming menace and died for his treachery.

Anything is good, but the reason a physical build is so well recommended is because pierce is physical only. Lucifer resists everything, so pierce is needed if you don't want to spend all day fighting him.

He need to toot 8 times before kill you, as i remember

There are videos on youtube, hitoshura solo trumpeter hard mode

Yes, infact it's much better than Strength for the majority of the game.
People mainly just recommend Strength because it gets absurdly powerful late game, or they don't really know anything about the game and just picked up on the WURLD OF STR memes without ever experimenting themselves.

If you look at the speedruns and Demifiend only playthroughs they pretty much all focus on Survivability followed by Magic, not Strength.

>He need to toot 8 times before kill you, as i remember
How does that work? I thought Evil Melody is unconditional death regardless of resistances or who it hits.
>There are videos on youtube, hitoshura solo trumpeter hard mode
Guess I'd better have a look. Thanks.

>variations of the same ending on the beach where the designed Reason character jerks you off
>only other difference is whether you get to skip a Reason boss
>Neutral ending is generic uplifting power of friendship which doesn't even feel satisfying because your friends were fucking assholes

More like TDE SALVAGED the game. If not for the maniax edition Nocturne would be widely regarded as mediocre. All the memorable shit involved Lucifer or the fiends.

You can open door with any demon, no? Just feed anyone ara mitamas, get 40 str.

That s not even asakusa puzzles

designated* not designed

Cozy made fcking good Folklore
He toot 4 times, then healing melody. Then he toot 4 times, and then evil melody.

That s because you have phys focus and phys skills can crit

But magic can multihit, this is good too

Dds good for magic builds, and dds2 on hard is fucking great. Though hitoshura battle in 1 is harder than dds2 satan

You can do it, yeah. There's a bunch of Let's Plays of it.
I started one but never finished it. I didn't look up any info and ended up getting into a situation where I'd have to most likely reset a billion times to defeat the three Archangels or just buckle up and grind for an eternity and a half, so I stopped.

You need 2 turn icons first, that takes 1 walkthrough with str-pierce-focus-freikugel build, to complete graveyards

Getting the extra press turn is not necessary. That's the pussy way to do it.

Okay, I forgot it takes a few turns for him to use Evil Melody or that Endure was a thing. That explains a lot.

Ahahaha, okay hardcore man

But i dont think you can kill lucifer without second icon. You will need to heal-dekunda-damage at the same time. Too long and goofy battle it will be without second icon

I just beat the sewer level and got to city of the mannequin people, and so far I've only been leveling 1 point of strenght per 1 level of agility. Should I do anything else? Any tips?

If you use the second press turn you might as well not play on Hard mode or just cut out TDE.
You either do it properly or you don't at all.

I tried playing this a few days ago. started a game on hard mode. got to the matador boss and quit because they wanted me to grind lvls and pokemon abilities and i do not have time for that shit

So you have done it yourself? What was your strategy for beating Lucifer with one turn?

Open chests during full moon only as i remember, getting bead chain, sell it for 5000

What tips you need, this game good as is without tips or spoilers. Just fucking play it. Some things must be felt, not comprehended

Though soon you will encounter The Matador, and he sure will matador the whole shit of you

Nah, like I said earlier I fucked up on my playthrough and didn't feel like smashing my face against a wall until I break through.
Others have though, I know MPG did one on stream fairly recently.

that battle really did ruin the game for me. at least on hard mode. he straight up wipes my whole party before i even get a turn

>Talks shit about people doing something skill based
>Calls them shitters for not doing the luck based version
Naturally.

This is good battle, you know. It shows you where you are, who you are and what are you playing

all luck does is slightly increase your turn order and slightly decrease the amount youre attacked from ehind

Crit chance

all it shows me is that they want me to grind for a few hours before fighting him.
i would have played on normal mode and got past it easily but that shit is for casuals

Luck doesn't increase crit chance

Doing it with 2 press turns is still luck based as fuck, it's not like you won't have to reset hundreds of times on some fights if you decide to go that route.

Personally I think it's silly to do a challenge like that and then chicken out and not go all the way. There is no difference between doing that and save scumming at the shop until you have maxed out stats. In the end this shit is all self policed and somewhat arbitrary to begin with, but if you do a challenge like that because you are looking to test the limits of your game knowledge and perseverance then you I think you should go the entire way and not say "okay, I won't use any demons and finish the game with the main character alone, but I'll do all this other broken shit so the game is still easy".

Do you even know what hard mode changes? Its not level hp damage or something, you just get another rules. Higher prices, better ai, crits while sleep, crits from behind, crits in dark places, lose more gold while confused

Literally matador normal and matador hard have no difference

doesnt actually affect crit chance, thats entirely determined by the skill and your accuracy

Luck has no effect on Crit Chance whatsoever.
It affects your escape chance (on Normal at least, on Hard it's locked) and very marginally your magic accuracy.
The stat is pretty much bugged and completely worthless, a point in Luck might as well not exist.

i figured it would also change the enemy health pools and their stats and all that. whatever, it's still bullshit. you HAVE to grind to beat that boss.

I'm playing this for the first time, i just barely survived thor. I really need to git gud at fusing and shit, my party is absolute garbage. Fuck random encounters every 2 seconds though. I've been so close to dropping the game because of them.

>they want me to grind for a few hours
Not really, you just need a specific demon.

and what do you have to do to get that specific demon user

For Matador? Fuck no. All you need to shit on him is a demon that Nulls Force and a way to counter his Sukukaja.
If you want to completely trivialize him you can grind a bit until you get Media so he becomes free, but that's anything but necessary.

Fusion?

>Fuck random encounters every 2 seconds though
You haven't even seen the worst of it. The only tip I can give you is find a demon with Estoma (Setanta has it by default, I think) and make sure to always, ALWAYS have it available. It prevents low-level enemies from attacking you and it's a massive time-saver.

It is literally impossible to solo Lucifer without broken shit. If you don't max out your shit before you fight him YOU WILL DIE.

There's a difference between grinding to Lv150+ at the end of the game and having capped stats 10 hours in.

Yea, you can grind till lvl12 ame no uzume with media, or lvl12 high pixy, but you can kill him without it, just make no demon weak to wind, and some sukunda\sukukaja

Especially with bead chains from chests

Anyone played the game with hardtype mod?
How is it?

TDE ruined my first playthrough because I was a dumbass and went for it and then lost my will to finish the game once I realized I had to grind to beat Lucifer

Actually you can make extra stats from levelup, or incenses from shop bonuses

It's a bit more difficult than Hard Mode but not nearly as crazy as he made it sound.
There's the special random encounters during full Kagutsuchi that can easily kill you before you even get a turn if you are unlucky but generally speaking you shouldn't really get stuck for more than 2 or 3 retries on a boss occasionally if you happen to fuck up and forget about some important ability.

Lucifer doesn't require you to grind though? He's not even particularly hard, just tanky as fuck so he takes a while. There is much harder stuff you have to kill on the way to him.

It's possible but considering the hassle of getting specific skills onto your character, I always left exploiting elemental weaknesses up to my demons.

Hardtype? If you mean usual hard then yes ofc. Hard is ok, though one would like full compendium discaunt because prices for demons are breddy high

Pretty sure you need to at least have Pierce or you're in for a long ride. You can beat the regular final boss at like lvl 50 but I doubt you can do Lucifer that soon unless you really know what you're doing.

BuffMaister's channel

I killed him with a magic build and not even knowing about Pierce my first time through. Instead of killing him in 10 turns it's just going to take you close to 100, the fight itself is safe enough for it to not really matter though, it's perfectly doable.
Speedruns kill Hard Lucifer at just under 60 if I remember right. They do grind a bit since a death at the end would cost you like half an hour and it just makes it way faster in general.

Honestly though unless you use a guide and rush through the game you will be way fucking higher than that by the time you reach Lucifer. There is no way anyone gets there in their 50s the first time through.

>Not using luck+AGI build where you kill everything with ailments

It's like you've never had fun before in your life.

Uh, guess I could've just gone up and killed him then. Oh well.

I did a magic run my first time through the game, didn't beat Satan but I found the base game fairly easy.

>implying either of those stats do anything at all for ailments

Aren't ailments useless versus bosses?
Nice pic, though

I want to do an NG+ on Chronicle version on Hard, but my NG was STR with Neutral route and I don't want to do the exact same shit as last time again, but at the same time I keep hearing Magic build against Lucifer is hell.

What a bother.

I didn't do TDE because I thought Lucifer's plan sounded retarded.

Unfortunately, the game slaps you on the wrist for not going down that route, despite the fact that all of the Reasons can be justified easier than the genocide of entire universes.

Anyone else playing the hard type mod on PCSX2? It's really good

nocturne ironically had one of the most optimistic happy ends for a neutral route for such a gloomy setting
>ruined the great will's plan
>all your friends survive, hikawa and yuko give up on redoing the conception
>you retain (some of) your powers
>Lucifer gives you a mini congratulation speech at the end credits

TDE was still great though because you've taken a permanent solution to the problem of the great will and is the most satisfying as a result

if you went for a reason you were just a good goy for the great will. ignore reasons

FemDF a cute!

You know in retrospect Isamu's reason was a really good idea but he's such a tool I don't think I could ever willingly help him.

Isamu is a fucking loser

true hell is mp draining strats

first I've heard of it but it seems amazing just reading the new changes, how are the boss fights in particular?

True. The Maniax parts also had the best music.

All the Reasons were childish as hell. Neutral/TDE is the only way to go.

Fuck Isamu. He's the biggest asshole of Demifiend's """Friends""""