Why was it so much better than the shitfest that was 5?

Why was it so much better than the shitfest that was 5?

Can you actually describe what you hated without using memes?

The easily better plot and characters.

everything goes to shit around the third palace
nobody except futaba gets any actual character development
the tweeest and "we knew your plans all along akechi" was retarded
making every villain work for shido was retarded
confidant abilities make the game babby mode

in replaying p4g and having a fucking blast compared to 5

It wasn't.

It wasn't, but you're entitled to your opinion and experiences.

I had to slog my way through 5 and skim through the dialogue because it became really boring after the first palace.

They will never top Persona 3.

Was its own game and not trying to mooch of its predecessor.

Everything about 5 is just a fucking call back to 4
>Akechi is just adachi
>Murder mysteries are now just death mysteries but slowly revealed to be murders
>Hardly any good character development Ryuji is a retard the entire game, makoto is the same boring straight thinking autist, Morgana is just teddie and chances are he was originally gonna be a shadow who turned up good but of course the entire ass pull after joker """'dies"""" shows that they clearly ran out of development time

Why was this so much better than the shitfest that was 4?
jk I actually love all 3

Because while the story and characters are mediocre, at least it wasn't complete dogshit.

It didn't have something like the Hawaii trip

>Sup Forums tricked me into playing this

These game are only "fun" if your time isn't valuable. I dropped it like 20 hours in because it's just such fucking tedium.

>call the adachi twist 3 hours into the game
>huge waste of time with THIS PERSON YOU'VE NEVER MET IS THE KILLER!!!!
>fewer town options
>fewer combat options
>worst social links
>worst waifus
>worst music
>worst cast

Why are P4 fags the worst?

s-soy...

>Worst music
>Worst cast
>Worst social links

why are there four active persona 4 threads right now?

I thought after P5's release this would be over.

>all 3

it has a better main cast than p5 and despite agreeing that the music is the weakest of the three, the ost is still a solid 9/10

>a literal animal
>a bitchy slut of a nurse
>a useless single mom
>a self centered drama loser
>an autistic band geek
>faggoty sports kids
> a mary sue detective
>a kawaii desu hotel maid

so interesting

I haven't played p2, sorry user

It wasn't at all.
The main plot barely moved even after they save someone and only moves on in November.
The main cast gets actually involved in the plot unlike in 5 and feel more like a close group of friends, but they are beyond retarded except for Naoto.
It has a better pacing than 5, considering you aren't stopped by "let's sleep" and how things don't get rushed towards the end.

>complains about 4
>describes 3
K E K

3 is even worse than 4. 5 is objectively the best game in the series.

Play it, I'll admit the gameplay is mediocre but easily the best story and cast.

I can thank P4 for P4D

You mind telling me what clues or tells gave away that Adachi was the killer 3 hours into the game?

Five was fucking awful. It was a chore to finish. It peaked at the start and went downhill from there

Persona starts at 3 desu

I've been planning to

Falseflagger-kun still are it I see.

Better music, setting, cast of characters, and story didn't bite off way more than it could chew. It was a simple mystery with friends who were trying to discover their place in the world.

It can't be any of the main cast
It can't be dojima
It can't be your nanako
It can't be some literal who
Literally the only reoccurring character it could be is adachi

I honestly thought 3FES, 4, and 5 were equally enjoyable.

Yes way more interesting than
>an asshole fat kid
>a lonely old couple
>a literal loser
>an awkward shy girl
>an "ojou-sama learns how peasents live"
>literally no male party member links
Don't even get me started on 5's, where none of the parties links are even about them. In terms of social links it's
4 for all around quality
5 for non-party member links
3 for the worst

right down to the cover art

>a wacky comic relief assistant detective hanging around every single important moment of the cases
gee user, i don't know, it is a mystery

>It can't be any of the main cast
Why the hell not they did it in 5?
>It can't be dojima
Why couldn't it have been him?
>It can't be your nanako
Ok sure
>It can't be some literal who
Gas station attendent is a literal who and is the final fucking boss of the game.

>objectively
Not with that trash tier plot and cast and casualization

>Mitsuo
>Morooka
>character that's introduced halfway throughout the game
>random slink
>you're mom

>detective hanging around every single important moment of the cases
Gasp. Why would a detective investigate stuff?

Its weird the persona games are so critically popular considering critics usually prefer short games.

Bringing dojima coffe and feeding you lol totally unrelated information haha my tongue slipped clues aren't investigating

>why is a cop around crime scenes and doing his job
gee user, i don't know, it is a mystery

>implying akechi is main cast when he's not on cover art or in the opening cinematic
>implying the overworked cop who wants to be there for his daughter would try to kill his daughter
>implying a literal 7 year old could be a murderer
>implying the gas station attendant wasn't a gigantic asspull
>hey i'm just a wacky side character who randomly spills case information and always shows up after each murder and is clearly bitter about being second fiddle don't pay me no mind no sir

it's like you've never read a book

Worst music is wrong because 5 managed to be worse, but the other two are completely correct.

Now combine that with his traits and behavior and you should be able to tell why it's rather obvious. Autistic people have trouble understanding intents and emotions, maybe it's time to get tested.

One of the oldest character tropes ever.
Even TV series have them so you can't go >reading books on me.

>5 doesn't have the worst cast
>3 doesn't have the worst social links

3 did party S. Links properly in the fact that it let their character development be reflected in the main story.

>P3
Emo/cunt simulator
>P4
Chad simulator
>P5
Beta cuck simulator

Gee I wonder which is the game for me?

Those aren't social links, none of the main boys have events and the girls only have unrelated stuff. There's a reason 3 story is praised, it has character development, but that is not reflected in the social links at all. 3 has the weakest party links with the girls and some of the absolute worst side social links

They're not difficult games to play. And there are critics who play on easier modes.

MC was pretty beta too.

All the shit you are spouting is shit you would have known 50 hours into the game not 3.

It's called hyperbole, I was calling adachi as the killer before the second dungeon. The red herring literal who for the 4th dunfeon was fucking painful because of how obvious it was that he wasn't the killer, and then they pull it AGAIN with the delivery driver.

Locking Character Development behind S.Links was a mistake. It just forces the player to waste time hanging around party members in the hopes of getting something interesting out of it.

I'm at the Heaven boss on p4g. Died to it once, now making a new persona
Should I keep Megidoloan or put Endure on it? Current skills for the Hachiman I'm about to fuse is Maziodyne, Makarakarn, Matarukaja, fusion skills will be Victory Cry, Firm stance, Mediarahan and ???, ??? being either endure or Megidoloan. Megi is great for farming but I'm really making this just to help with this boss.
Was using Raphael/Gabriel with a similar skillset

Better than having no reason to slink a party member other than to waifu it.

>Megidoloan
The highest form of jewish magic

Easy, Persona 3 had best girl.

Better than having entirely boring and uneventful social links like 3's and to lesser extent 5s. The solution here isn't to remove character development from the social links, it's just to have a nod to it in the story

Have character's reference changes they've gone through due to social links would eliminate the need to either have boring social links or a disconnect between the social links and story. It doesn't seem that complex, it doesn't need to fundamentally change the story, but it would add a ton to player immersion and interconnecting the social links to the rest of the game

Doing Yukari's S.Link in Persona 3 was taming the shrew. There's nothing waifu about it at all.

A respectable opinion, but Ms. Toriumi is the thinking man's best girl

iirc I solo'd that with Surt with Ragnarok, Mind Charge and elemental Repels. SP was my biggest concern.

Not sure why, but I feel like the entire story of P5 would be short if Mitsuru was in the game.

>The solution here isn't to remove character development from the social links, it's just to have a nod to it in the story
That would require having to write multiple scenarios for the game since you'd have to take into account things such as what point in the SL the player is at, which characters have their SL completed, what part of the story the player is at, etc. and I don't think Fatlus is capable of doing that

It had good day music and rainy day variety. Golden added a fucking incredible night track and winter music. Very bad forced interaction with your friends at times leaning on overbearing, example a being the Nanako segments dragging strangers into family matters. The girls crying at the hospital was obnoxious, stay out of my family business. It just felt way too inviting for them to poke their noses in what's going on with your life, I imagine this is because initially Yukiko was the killer in the rewrites (Dojima and Yukiko were candidates for this twist) and they needed to make them closer to your affairs. This idea by the way is reused for the Persona 5 traitor and it failed hard.

I'm looking at Persona 4 more favorably than I would like to admit, part of that is because Golden rerelease perfected it to an art. Persona 4 undoubtedly has a worst final boss lead up (gas attendant...lol I hate men the God), worst final boss track too. Even when I like Persona 3 the most, I give 4 credit fir being it's own game and developed on such a short time. Persona 5 needed tons of dialogue surplus cut, better traitor arc and resolution, and actual music variety. Haru should had been available by the Summer not in mid September. Last arc needed to be postponed to January as well, but muh Lucifer saving Xmas symbolism writer erection > good pacing. Dumbass writers.

is this game worth playing on PCSX2 if I quit chronotrigger 10-20% of the way through because it was very boring?

P4 basically has a 2-3 hour tutorial before you fully get into the game. You'll probably drop this too.

Depends why you quit? Did you hate the combat or did you not feel engaged with the story/general direction of game? If it's the former I would hard sell and say try it for a couple hour but I don't think you liked it. If it's the latter you might love or hate persona, give it a whack. Start with 3/4/5, whichever one has the more interesting premise to you

She's a tall lady.
I like the cut of you jib. Poor one out for my man kenji. I hope he got that mature women he was looking for.

Persona 3/4 are the only jrpgs i have ever played that i actually liked, including chrono trigger. The characters and story are great and the combat has a very addictive and simple draw to it. You dont have to worry about getting lost in some shitty dungeons and needing to look up guides because you are lost. I would say persona 4 is more accessible and easier to get into, and then you can try 3 if you liked that. 5 is a flaming pile of garbage, massive massive disappointment

OK sounds like it's more than worth giving it a try then. CT's combat was simplistic and boring. I couldn't care less about the story either.

>The girls crying at the hospital was obnoxious, stay out of my family business. It just felt way too inviting for them to poke their noses in what's going on with your life
Holy fuck you sound like you have actually autism.

>Chrono Trigger was boring
With poor taste like that Persona 4 is right up your alley. Unless you stopped playing because the game had a slow start then wew lad your not going to like any persona game. Give nocturne a try while your emulating ps2 games you might like it if your interested in Persona.

quick anons
whats the most optimal setup partywise? Remember Golden is a thing now

Original

Yosuke/Yukiko or Teddie/Chie

Golden

Yosuke/Yukiko or Teddie/Kanji

Naoto is very good in Golden if you want access to all elements. Teddie or Yukiko for healing and Teddie has good buffs. Kanji has matarujaka and power charge, putting him leagues above chie.

Yosuke/Chie/Yukiko

Yosuke can deal crits and has a Cadenza clone. Chie is a crit god and can use Luster Candy if you need to get out of a tight spot. Yukiko can debuff, heal, and deal raw damage. You can fill whatever else is needed.

>P5's in-engine cutscenes are so good the anime stuff looks like shit in comparison
I hope they ditch the outsourced anime scenes for P6.

They weren't outsourced, they do their animation in-house, which is why it looks like shit.
I don't know why they even bother, it would look much better if they kept the entire game in-engine.

those magician skill change cards are OP. Got this in Mitsuo's dungeon I think and been using it to annihilate everything so far on hard mode combined with victory cry I got from a skill change fusion. Too bad I don't have mindcharge on one of the megidoloan personas, those damn groups of golden hands keep running before I can finish them all off.
>ragnarok
Might just go with this, I can make Surt now but only 8 so idk if it will go up to 74 just by fusing. Does he learn mind charge before ragnarok or is that one you get from fusing?

Original: Yosuke, Yukiko, Chie.
Golden: Naoto, Yosuke, dunno.

I used Kanji in both since I liked him anyway. Naoto in original is good outside of boss battles, mind charged megi is not the best thing in the world for Naoto. She's broken in Golden. Kanji is still disappointing in Golden, sadly. Yosuke seems way too good in Golden with healing buffs. Never liked Chie but supposedly she's a powerhouse in the original and Golden. Yukiko is alright, her melee makes me cringe. Teddie is good if you can ignore his squeaking footstep sound effect, I think that's the whole cast now. Feels pretty small compared to 3 and 5 honestly.

Got a source for that? I swear I read in the art book that P5 anime cutscenes were outsourced. They're pretty bad quality regardless after the intro and train to Tokyo sequence. Hated the Hawaii cutscenes and the November escape plan the most, just awful quality. They should do in game and ignore anime scenes, they were clearly the highlight during their awaken Persona sequences. Even Arsene anime scene fails in comparison to P3 Orpheus and Thanatos introduction.

I'm gonna try Yu/Yukiko/Kanji/Kuma next time.
Yu: debilitates and deals damage
Yukiko: damage dealer
Kanji: damage dealer
Kuma: healer, buffer
Don't need Masukukaja because of debilitate and firm stance/divine pillar

Just checked the wiki and it's from fusing only