Bloodborne help

New player here, need help. I’m having trouble and keep dying to Father Gascoine so I’m grinding for Blood Echoes. >What stats should I be upgrading?
>What’s the best Weapon/Gun combo?
I picked the Axe and Blunderbuss and my starting weapons.

You don’t need to updrade anything. Just parry until he beastmodes and then molotov gg

Git gud

are you using the toybox or whatever it was from the little girl?

Toybox?

Father G punishes backstepping. Your items and stats are irrelevant that early, just stop backstepping. Sidestep.

Step into/sideways through his attacks and he'll outright miss you with 95% of everything he can do. He punishes retreating, trying to heal, backstep-spam.

Sidestep. Sidestep.

Max Bloodtinge

Go find the saw spear in the sewers and then come back

You can get a music box from papas daughter which stops him for a while when he goes beast mode. Proceed to backstab>visceral

Doing this right now
Where can I find her?

use the music box from the little girl, it haa 3 uses bwfore it will insta switch him to beast mode.

keep thw tombstone cluster between you and him.
also if you have the axe do a charged r2 and you can hit him.

use fire when he goes beast mode.for the love of god dont mash circle against his beast form. he has cues in his animation foe when to parry usually the instant hefore he releases an attack.

find the hunters garb it will help slightly

Shit no wonder I keep dying to his beast form

gun doesn't matter, pistol is fine. all you need from a weapon is parrying

Parry him and g i t g u d

It's good to know about the toy box but if you use it on your first run you should kill yourself for being such a casual

You're too early in the game to be worrying about builds, just get your dodge and parry timing downs. Honestly if you really want to know what stats you should be updating, look at the movesets of some of the weapons and build towards whatever one you want to use.

If I only level str and use ludeig sword, do i get the bonus damage on both modes?

>trying to greentext in the middle of a sentence
Fuck off newfag

Just dodge to the left and watch out for the spin attack when he uses his axe double-handed

everyone gets curb stomped the first go round, he'll chase you down if you dodge out of his strikes. look at this boss like a tutorial for the rest of the prey youll be hunting in bloodborne.

YES. Just beat him. Thanks for the help guys

Use the toybox, be a bit aggressive but also know when to back off. Gascoine flinches when you hit him, but get greedy and he'll super armor through your attacks. Use teh tombstones if you need a second to breathe and for cheap hits. He usually gets caught on them a good chunk of the time before he destroys them. Also when he goes into werewolf mode, dont freak. He gets a bit crazier, but getting afraid only makes it more easy for him to overwhelm you. And side step and roll is your friend. as an added bonus, I dont think you've found fire paper yet so use your molotovs and a fire weapon if you have an early gem to add fire attribute to your weapon. Gascoine almost walled me from continuing the game, but shit gets so much better past his fight so use that as your motivation.

Yeah I had to use molotovs during his beast form which really helped

Parrys are important, go shotgun, biggest parry window and damage from guns doesn't matter, although he looks scary in beast form roll into his attacks, then 180 get a hit on then repeat, rolling towards him and through the attacks is essential, for first passthrough Simon's bow blade and a skill build got me my platinum

Agreed, he's like a checkpoint, get past him and your laughing