Worms

What went wrong with the franchise? the new art style is garbage and there's even CRAFTING in the game now

their biggest mistakes was making Armageddon too good. they had nowhere to go but down

at least some of them like Open Warfare 2 were on par with Armageddon

the first 3d game was ok

>Open Warfare 2
>on par with Armageddon

I love how people overlooked Worms 3D when it was a blast in multiplayer.

>you can craft a tf2 sentry gun

might be better than i thought

the PC version have all worms 3d campaign in one game

best weapon

why can't they just make a new one 99% the same as armageddon but with more cutsomisation, modding options and native support for HD resolutions

What made Armageddon this unique? I thought Open Warfare 2 was as good but apparently its not

there are tons of modes and content + better controls and community

open warfare barely has any modes or user content. also the screen and graphics are crap

Wasn't that just Battlegrounds/ Clan wars? Nobody bought it.

why not play it and see?
It is still my go-to worms game, its not like it has aged or has outdated controls
none of the games since have tried anything different (other than the 3d ones which are arguably a seperate category)

They keep rehashing different variations of Armageddon with a new gimmick, that are all inferior to Armageddon, so people just keep playing that. The franchise won't fly unless it goes full F2P or has a huge make-over, and not just a visual one.

what?

The new artstyle is actually one of the things I like about WMD.

>people thought Playtonic will make a good game without the Stamper brothers

bought it on steam 4 day ago
its a blast but fucking hell the projectile aimbot the bots have is insane
>fires in the sky
>the rocket goes through 4 holes almost the size of a worm
>kill (you)

Peaked with Armageddon. All that was left at that point were graphical improvements, which are pointless given the nature of the game.

Its not that bad,you will get the hang of it eventually.

They should just make Armageddon F2P, reskin it and bank on paid cosmetics.

for some reasons even Grant music sucked

oh i played it before i know how to predict wind ,use cower and so on but man the AI has like 98% accuracy on the hardest difficulty but the easier ones are fucking dumb

Armageddon was the peak of the franchise.

paid soundbanks
paid gravestones
paid flags
paid maps
paid weapons

What is the best worms game on steam? I wanna start playing worms but idk what to pick

You can already add your own custom stuff to the game.

Armageddon and WMD are the only ones people play

armegeddon

WMD have more weapons and is more competitive (ranked 1v1 lobbies etc.) but Armageddon is a classic

Does the pc version have controller support? Want to play local multiplayer rather then online.

WMD has it, idk about Armageddon

no you'd have to use joy2key/xpadder/ds4tools or controller companion

I wish there was a Worms game with customizable soundbanks other players actually get to hear!
Yes, you heard me right: I want players to able to put random .wav files into their soundbank and other players get to hear the outcome. That way you could truly and fully customize your banks!
>but maybe someone has an annoying / offensive soundbank that I don't want to listen to
Offer a "mute" option which has the enemy team speak standard worm.
>but who wants to download several soundbanks prior to match?
Make an intelligent lobby system which already starts downloading the banks. Soundbanks are like a couple megabytes each. They're not that much bigger than a spray or something.
>but I don't want to download ANYTHING
Offer the option to turn off soundbank download. Offer the option to only download soundbanks of players from the friendlist.

Also make it so that you can save custom soundbanks from enemies to your own PC.

Worms Mayhem for PS2 was alot of fun with friends. I bet I have a few thousand hours clocked in that game. Bought the remake on steam but it's just not the same when you're sitting alone in front of a PC.

Hedgewars is genuinely better than any Worms, even Armegeddon.

That's genuinely exactly what the latest game is.

W.M.D. is HD Armageddon. It even uses bits of the same code.

I wasn't even aware there were any more Worms past Ultimate Mayhem.

literally what?

there's been at least 7 new worms since