How did Nintnedo win in the end?

How did Nintnedo win in the end?

they made great games

They didn't win. Fuck you

They had a good launch and great marketing.

Nostalgia and gimmicks.

And to think that Sega made the best console of all time in 1999 and still lost...

plenty of games

Got their advertising shit together
First Party games

With real videogames
No movie games
No SJW propaganda software
Just plain old games

Its so beautiful

What's wrong with cinematic experiences you dumb nintensoy?

>be practically absent an entire gen
>release a console off season
>take advantage of mid gen fatigue better than Sony & MS
>benefit from a dying Xbox
or
>run alone
>declare yourself a winner

They are horrible pieces of trash the equivalent to a hollywood blockbuster with zero susbtance, only appeals to casual shitters that dont like real videogames

>games
>s
>plural
no

yeah fuck movies my bing bing wahoo is truly substantial

Indeed its an actual videogame.
Fuck your pretentious movie games

Yes, exactly.
Movie games will always be inferior to actual movies in both plot and execution.

Damn right, who needs gameplay when quick time events can do everything for you and look cool in the process.

Fuck video games.

I feel like these are the kinds of people who don't own any consoles that aren't nintendo and thus have no fucking idea what non-nintendo games are like outside of trailers

>hurr durr video games should never have actually changed from 1991 despite vast advancements in technology and hardware capabilities

Nintencunts are the actual worst.

>HURR DURR STRAWMAN

They have changed a lot from 91 and thats great
They changed in many ways becoming better and more complex but thats not the case with moviegames
Movie games are garbage that shouldnt exist

press x to shitpost

n-no, the numbers are made up and fake!

The last cry of a dying sonyfag, before accepting the truth

More than that, they made an appealing product devoid of any name confusion, zelda at launch and not a freaking nsmb game, and advertised the fug out of it.

>win
Soyboys sure love it tho

>Game innovates
>Sonyfags call it a gimmick
>Game doesn't innovate
>Hurr did this game come straight out of the 90s? Haven't you heard technology and hardware capabilities have improved lmao

actually this, I thought it wasnt possible but I recently met someone who thought it was only a new controller with screen instead of a console

Why are people defending movie games now? Did shitposting get so far that you guys forgot what videogames should be?

>a-any game with storyline and cinematics is a moviegame!

Who said I was a Sonyfag?

The problem with Nintendo is that they think innovation needs to involve wacky and outlandish ideas like fucking clunky screens on controllers, or motion control gimmicks. At the same time they refuse to actually incorporate good innovations that EVERY OTHER dev studio has been doing for over a decade. Note how a game like Pokemon hasn't actually changed in basic structure since the mid-90s. And we all know that despite the fact that Pokemon Switch is being billed as a "full main-series console RPG", it's basically going to be a glorified handheld port that could easily have run on the 3DS' hardware.

Pokemon is not made by nintendo

>Motion controls and clunky on-screen controllers

That was the Wii-u, which was a tremendous disaster. What you're seeing here is a new Nintendo. Innovation not just for the sake of it, but because it's what the customer wants. NINTENDO IS BACK BABY!

The truth that the PS4 has sold over 90 million units ;)

>Subsidiary companies of Nintendo aren't Nintendo

And why are you ignoring the fact that Nintendo owns the IP and has the final say on everything that happens with it?

>STOP HAVING DIFFERENT OPINIONS

K-Kratos and Spiderman will show 'em right bros?

The Switch still has gay ass motion control gimmicks, Nintencunt.

These numbers keep getting higher and higher. Are you the same guy posting this because it always ends in a ";)" or a ":)" too. First it was 70, the 80 and now we've hit 90. Man I wish Nintendo could sell 20million units in about 10minutes.
They don't own the IP at all. Nor are Game Freak a subsidiary company. Game Freak has made a game for Xbox One and PS4. Theoretically there's nothing stopping a Pokémon game happening on PS4. Nintendo only have about 30% of the Pokémon Company.

Nintendo has always done pretty well in the handheld market, and the switch is a handheld. Pretty easy to piece it together.

>"HURRRRRRRRRR IF NINTENDO SAYS SO THEN IT MUST BE TRUE!!!!"

>it's a home console when it loses to PS4
>it's a handheld when it beats PS4
Makes you ponder.

>it's a nintendogaf thread

someone explain that webm to me.

Which barely have an affect on the games. Just like the PS4.

like? im kind of tired of seeing the same 11 year old ports act new just because its on the switch

Sonybabbies seething

Player isn't even touching the controller during the action sequence.

Not even a nintendo guy - they simply DO have a good handheld track record.

Yeah, it flip flops between the two because marketing. No one tried to put the PSPGo and other models against consoles despite it doing the exact same thing as the switch, because it wasn’t marketed as some weird hybrid. The switch is, so you get different people calling it both. I’m of the opinion it is a handheld and that hasn’t really changed for me.

God you consolewarfags just never quit you? Shitposting about sales must be a 24 hour job for some of you.

>They don't own the IP at all.

Except they do on part of it

>Sega release the greatest and most innovative console of all time in 1998/99, revolutionising the gaming world by introducing the internet and online multiplayer to the console market
>It also had graphical capabilities on par, if not better than the PS2 despite being released 2 years earlier, and truck loads of classic games loved by fans to this day
>Flops and nearly kills the company

>Nintendo release yet another gimmick-ridden child's toy with Xbox 360 graphics despite being released in 2017
>Has literally two good games, the rest is all shovelware
>Doesn't even have proper online
>Sells like hotcakes with nu-males and soccer moms

I don't need to see any more to know that 90% of consumers are retarded and have no taste.

that's a lot of soyboys

companies can't lie about things if they're reporting about it, fuck off. They can exaggerate things but you can't exaggerate fucking real numbers

>it's a handheld when everyone says it's an underpowered piece of shit
>it's a home console when it's being praised

is that The Order game? the one with an official guide book which only shows which button to press?

It's gonna be 2020 with the Switch closing in on 60-70 milljon sold and faggots on Sup Forums will still be dragging the goalposts with them.

They own a bit of it but if it benefits the Pokémon Company and Game Freak they could still produce a Pokémon game on another console. But it doesn't benefit them, so they don't

Sega was on the verge of dying before the Dreamcast was a thing and if you read up on the story of the Dreamcast you'd know that the Dreamcast was nothing more than a Japanese millionaire's past-time and fundes it for the lulz.

SEGA was and still is a mess of a company.

>they could still produce a Pokémon game on another console
No, they can't. Shut the fuck up you fucking retard.

not him but
>70 million
>dying
kek
ps4 is gonna be in top 5 best selling consoles

They actually made a decent console with a non-intrusive gimmick. I will never get why they thought adding a forced Fisher-Price tablet to the Wii U was a good idea. Shit should've just been the Wii HD.

Not surprised. Some of my friends at the time also thought it was a portable console funcitoning as a controller, when I mentioned that there was a console attached to the TV someone also said "it's not important to function"

>reading comprehension
Sasuga sonnygger

Acting like in the pic

The destructive power of a simple name

>In the end
It's barely even started, mate. Call me when it surpasses the PS4.
Also how Nintenbros can defend missing features that the Wii U had AT LAUNCH mystifies me. They will go to the ends of the earth to defend every shitty thing about the console.

>SEGA was and still is a mess of a company.
This. The situation between the Wii U and Dreamcast are not comparable. Nintendo was still making money off 3DS sales while the Wii U was failing. Sega on the other hand, was spreading themselves too thin by supporting way too many hardware at the same time (Genesis, Sega CD, 32X, Saturn and even the Master System in Yurop and Hueland) before putting all their eggs into the Dreamcast basket.

It's a VIDEO GAME CONSOLE, not some shitty netflix box.

What features? The VC eshop?

>Call me when it surpasses the PS4.

1. What are the chances of you being here in 3 years from this exact date?
2. What's your phone number?

They can, but they have to get through the Pokemon company which is 66% nintendo

>having less than 20% of main rival sales is winning

Less exclusives, less multiplats, less sales, worse hardware, worse online, more expensive hardware, more expensive games (no online deals). What did they win?

Not even gonna lie, it would be fucking choice if they did get Netflix on it. Earbuds and that screen in bed.

>has less features than a previous console
>no more games to back it up either
>this is a good thing

Please don't call me retarded if you don't know what you're talking about.
Pokémon Company isn't 66% Nintendo, which is what I'm saying. If deemed financially viable and for the betterment of the company, they could just do it. However Nintendo has a lot of experience with Pokémon so it's something that will likely never happen. Even if it was financially viable chances are that it would hurt the brand. Nintendo just landed on their feet with Pokémon is all.

>PS4 missing features that the PS3 had
How Sonybros can defend this mystifies me

No way they bothered putting Hulu on it without Netflix coming next.

>if you don't know what you're talking about
You are fucking retarded

Nintendo alone owns ALL of the trademarks.

Soy boys are fooled into buying anything. There is no good outcome with this news.

>PS4 sold 21M this year
>Switch sold 10M this year
>somehow Nintendo won

Lost my shit when Reggie said IT'S JUST A BOX when he was getting grilled on why they didn't show the console itself with the reveal. Lost my shit again when a full year after launch they started airing commercials for it in the US with kids literally explaining to their parents that the Wii U is a different system because that's how bad the confusion was.

Really I don't think it was just the name, it was that the Wii introduced a whole generation of parents to video games who had no experience with the concept of console generations before. And the Wii was a system that had an endless supply of bullshit controllers you had to buy for it, so it was only natural they'd think the Wii U gamepad was just a Wii accessory, even if it was called something more sensible. The lack of proper marketing was the real killer.

oh look, it's Nintendo Fake News thread #69021086 where they skew numbers by only looking from a certain light at it.
meanwhile in the real world the Nintendo Soyboiglitch is still 30 million behind even the Xbox Keks

2016 was 2 years ago mate

>Shitposters and naysayers said the Switch would flop
>It's not
>Selling at the same pace if not faster than the PS4 when it launched
>That's somehow losing

Learn your videogame shitposting history. Nintendo tricked Gamefreak with a three parts company, 33% nintendo, 33% gamefreak, 33% creatures inc. Creatures inc. was made by nintendo in order to control The Pokemon Company by having 2 parts of it. That's the reason poemon will never leave Nintendo. If they could, they woyld release on ps4 for easy money.

Also Gamefreak are lazy as fuck and development is probably pretty cheap by being lazy.

The name and messaging played their parts. It wouldn't have completely saved it but calling it wii 2 and having a sensible reveal where they didn't just show the controllers would have yielded better results than they got in the end.

No one confused Xbox 1 for the original Xbox

Reminder that console wars are the exclusive and eternal domain of poorfags

90% of the problem is that most people are literally mentally retarded.

Honestly, I didn't even like the Wii U, but it took 30 seconds of googling to figure out that it was a new console. How were there people with brains out there who were still sitting around in 2014 thinking "UHHH FELLAS ISN'T THIS JUST UHHH NEW CONTROLLER???"

The stupidity of human beings actually astounds me sometimes.

>PC gaming in 2018
>Literally just gay Twitch streamers playing MOBAs and PUBG

No, it is you who is the plebeian now.

The fault still lies at nintendo's feet in the end. Same applies for people confusing the 3ds for just another DS model with all the variations they released and the shoddy marketing at first.

To get big numbers like the Wii's or the PS4's you need that kind of audience unfortunately, casuals don't care enough to learn more. The other day i saw a mom and her kid returning GTAV (PS3 version) to a store because they couldn't figure out how to install it so the kid wasn't able to play, that's the reality of things. The clerk didn't even try to explain

I see you're both poor and uneducated. What I said was console wars, not consoles. Arguing about which console is best implies that you don't own all of them, and the only reason you wouldn't is because you can't afford to. I have a gaming PC as well as every current gen console so that I can play everything. Even if each console only offers a handful of exclusives worth playing, I wouldn't consider any of them a waste of money simply because I'm not poor enough to worry about that kind of chump change.

Most people I knew thought it was just an expensive peripheral for the Wii and barely gave it a look.
Wii-U's marketing was fucking terrible.

>Thinking you're above the average moron
Never become a marketer please.

The DCs controller is shit tier and many of its games aren't that great, SA2 being the best example

Not to say I don't like mine, but it's nowhere close to top 5

The core audience is children, parents just make the purchase and have no incentive to think about it any harder than necessary. When the kid sees commercials on TV for Wii U games, they just demand it from their parents who go to a store and buy it. There is no "is this compatible with my system?" thought process until the first time they have to make a return. That's not a lack of intelligence, that's a lack of coherent marketing and labeling getting them to stop and think about it. There is no such confusion about the Switch because it is marketed in such a way to make it obvious that it is an entirely new thing.

>Also Gamefreak are lazy as fuck
Fuck you and your retarded meme

They made games instead of release movie games

They also released games, instead of releasing trailer after tailer every year on games that will never come out

> great gimmick
> good advertising campaign
> and most importantly, GAMES

Now all they need is Pokemon being a decent game with a GOOD online function and the Switch sales would go through the roof.

Another thing the Switch needs is a price drop to sell more. Some of my colleagues and friends are only waiting for the price drop to buy one.

It will not get a price drop. Why do people think this will happen? The most that you'll get is a version of the system with no dock

>implying Nintendo consoles last more than 3 years