>"Project Prelude Rune" (Square Enix)
>"Project Re: Fantasy" (Atlus)
>Fire Emblem Switch

The future looks good for high fantasy RPGs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Azw3yq6YinQ
youtube.com/watch?v=I5pMeiGh5PQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6LT62mVaIpA
nintendoeverything.com/monolith-soft-looking-for-an-action-planner-with-knowledge-of-online-games-medieval-fantasy-settings/
youtube.com/watch?v=71JdjgtNd8M
youtube.com/watch?v=v38DcYzyHuI
youtube.com/watch?v=qLZv4q-l4zY
youtube.com/watch?v=AgVvwwMcT24
youtube.com/watch?v=Ejr9KBQzQPM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ayy more waifus

Medieval Fantasy>>>>>sci-fi

Not if Sci-Fi is well done. It doesn't even need a futuristic space setting, just look at the Xenoblade 1 and 2 games.

>Monolith Soft project
I need it

Those are great but I am wondering about SMT 5.

>giant penis demons

no thanks

Have something against the king of the demons?

>>"Project Prelude Rune" (Square Enix)
>>"Project Re: Fantasy" (Atlus)

These are new to me. The Square Enix one might end up being a Bravely Default game.

It's just fucking stupid, how can anyone take this seriously?

Most of these projects have promotional concept art which look pretty nice, the Atlus game got a few weird videos

Played the demo? It's pretty much Bravely Default. Seem like instead of class system it's characters that takes up a certain class.

The Granblue ReLink game also looks pretty good even if it looks closer to a half-breed between a RPG and a Monster Hunter.

"Prelude Rune" concept art

"Prelude Rune" concept art cont.

concept art from "Project Re: Fantasy"

Also some weird promotional concept videos

youtube.com/watch?v=Azw3yq6YinQ

youtube.com/watch?v=I5pMeiGh5PQ

One thing all these games have in common:

The promotional concept art has waifus

You forgot the most important one.

youtube.com/watch?v=6LT62mVaIpA

why is isekai so fucking popular with japs nowadays? it was a niche genre, mostly for gaijins.

>J non-rpgs

what kind of mechs are you guys hoping for for monolith

Nope, but it's fine to like both.

The future's looking bright.

>Monolith Soft Project
>High fantasy
You keep telling yourself that. That girl is going to be flying a mech halfway through the story.

The autism is off the charts

>>Monolith Soft project
I am super interested in this but do we have any kind of news or are we still just at that single image?

mechs and surprise scifi are probably a given

Why can't Japan come up with regular sounding titles.

Monolith Soft project is an online game list Destiny 3, MHW etc.

I hope you are lying cause it would break my heart

>Monolith Soft project
This was their ARPG, right?

I don't think so. Xenoblade 2 just came out though so I think we'll get word soon.

nintendoeverything.com/monolith-soft-looking-for-an-action-planner-with-knowledge-of-online-games-medieval-fantasy-settings/
>Monolith Soft looking for an action planner with knowledge of online games, medieval / fantasy settings

>>"Project Re: Fantasy" (Atlus)
Explicitly announced as PS4 exclusive.

So? OP never specified systems.

But Nintentoddlers B T F O is what counts.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's slightly teased during the next Nintendo Direct, it was being worked on way before the end of Xeno 2 and their team that was stuck on Zelda is back since its release a year ago.

>Consolewars shit

Just put a picture of Escaflowne as mech fantasy, you don't even need to add things on it.

Life sucks.
Also Grimgar is great, check that out.

There's no way she's not gonna be in the game in some way.

>XenoSouls

Why? He's already got a picture of Galient.

Re Fantasy has been announced as a ps4 exclusive, other than that it's an exciting list of things coming.

>inb4 the new MonoSoft game is actually sci-fi

>He actually thinks monolith will keep it fantasy

mark my word there's gonna be a giant mech fight against a dragon

Galient is straight up Mech Fantasy too
Also GOAT OP
youtube.com/watch?v=71JdjgtNd8M

>>>"Project Prelude Rune" (Square Enix)
>hideo baba

sure thing get your hopes up, see what happens

>Mech Fantasy

Is that what the Xeno games are ?

Xenoblade was Mech Fantasy for the most part, the rest is straight up sci-fi

>Not the real version
youtube.com/watch?v=v38DcYzyHuI

what's the different between low fantasy and medieval. The first one has peasant waifu?

I'm legit surprised he can sing in engilsh that well.
I mean, compared to the average jap english singing.

>Fantasy genre is already fucking dead in Western media, saving for a few title by drunken Polack but it's already a few years ago

He was raised in Hawaii so it makes sense.
youtube.com/watch?v=qLZv4q-l4zY

>Explicitly announced as PS4 exclusive.
What? It ending up PS4 exclusive wouldn't be that big of a surprise. But the reveal said nothing about it being PS4 exclusive. No reports have said anything about any systems whatsoever. And its official site doesn't mention what systems its on either.

wow smtv is coming to ps4 then!

Xenogears starts out sci-fi goes mech fantasy for the whole mid-section until you discover it's actually still just sci-fi

isn't this guided by Hideo Baba? I lost all respect for him after what he did with Tales games, specially Zestishit.

>Hideous Baba
Guess you can scratch that one off the list. Is he at SE now? They have two Pygmalions fucking up JRPGs?

SMTV has been stated repeatedly as being Nintendo Switch exclusive.
Where has Project Re: Fantasy brought up what platform(s) it will be on at all?

Octopath Traveler is different and also mentioned.

>SMTV has been stated repeatedly as being Nintendo Switch exclusive.

It has been repeated stating it is coming to the Switch, nothing about it being exclusive has been said though.

"Exclusively" was literally in the English teaser....

Medieval: e.g. takes place in fictionalized medieval eurpoe at a specific date in history (Darklands, Crusader Kings, War of the Roses or Kingdom Come: Deliverance)

Low Fantasy: Takes place in fantasy world that is similar to but potentially more grand than actual historical Europe. 90% of the characters are normal humans living normal human lives. There can be some magic and magical elements but they're rare compared to high fantasy. Expect gigantic castles that dwarf anything from real life.

High Fantasy: Dwarves, Elves, Orcs, Wizards, Unicorns, and Magic.

t. user still waiting for Vita port of SMTIV

What makes you say that? I mean personally I'm not a big fan of western games at the moment, but you had a modest CRPG survival recently. People liked Divinity OS2 (which I didn't play).

Also Besthesda games still make bank, they'll keep milking Elder Scrolls.

>“We take seriously this goal of creating a game with the care and detail expected by the people who love ATLUS games and home console games. We haven’t determined yet what platform our new game will be, and I imagine this project will take a long time until completion. But we’ll be working hard at this challenge to truly deliver something new and incredible for all our fans.”
// Katsura Hashino

>We haven’t determined yet what platform our new game will be

>Fantasy genre is already fucking dead in Western media
>Biggest show in the world and TV history as a whole is fantasy
?

I mean they do non-Xeno games every now and then. Did Baten Kaitos have mechs?

It should have.

Low fantasy is stuff like Devil May Cry, Harry Potter or Persona

That's urban fantasy, you dork

Octopath traveler and Rune looks like crap and I wouldn't trust Square Enix with making a full on RPG after they fucked up Final Fantasy 15.

Gust is more capable than this point that Square.

>Did Baten Kaitos have mechs?
no youtube.com/watch?v=AgVvwwMcT24
but BK was from Yasuyuki honne and Hiroya Hatsushiba, not Takahashi

It's being developed by the mobile division, Last True SMT game was 3 on PS2. The series is like sonic dead and an impostor is wearing it's skin.

Are there any "JRPGs" developed in the West?

Subgenre of low fantasy

low quality games all of them

That's low tier sci-fi though, just as bad as high fantasy settings.

Falcom is also working on shit and we're supposed to get a full on remake of Ys 5 as well as ports like Ys Legacy, Oath, Ark, and Seven on PS4 with trophy support.

>those muppet-tier walking animations after the first half
They really blew through their budget quickly. It's a decent watch though, I love thief protags. I'd like a second season

Now this is entirely the realm of fantasy (which is kinda the point I guess?) but how cumstained would your pants be if the Monolith project was Golden Sun open world reboot covering the two GBA games?

Is Takahashi working on their unannounced fantasy project?

Anachronox.

JRPG means JAPANESE rpg.

If the rumors are true the fire emblem switch game is just a port of the split 3ds one with all 3 campaigns coming in a single package instead of needing to buy all 3 individual campaigns.

So it's a port but considered how low the 3ds complete edition was produced it's more welcome than anything.

Don't be retarded, urban fantasy can also be high fantasy.

Octopath Traveler's demo was good. Also the game isn't being made by SE, just produced and published. It's Active I believe.

That only makes the fantasy higher.

>youtube.com/watch?v=Azw3yq6YinQ
what

That would be garbage though since Fates had a terrible story.

It's based off this.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ejr9KBQzQPM

Doesn't have to be a takahashi game

>Is Takahashi working on their unannounced fantasy project?
no idea

Monolithsoft made Golden Sun?

No that was Camelot, but they're doing fuck all with the IP. I'm sure Nintendo could bankroll it

No, that's made from Camelot, a studio that lately has been wasted on making garbage games, but that could deliver another great JRPG at any given moment. I guess he meant to say what if they were allowed to work on that franchise.