MonHun Thread

What is the best Monster Hunter game to solo out of every Monster Hunter game that has been released, PS2, PSP, 3DS, whatever

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oYVp2nW4q1A&t=9s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

MHFU

4U is excellent, FU close second

id say portable 3rd had a more natural PROGRESSION OTHERWISE 4u

>4U is excellent

THis. Those are the two games you want

What will the price of Monster Hunter: World be? Will it be on Steam?

MONSTER HUNTER 3 ULTIMATE
have no idea why i can sink 300 hours in this one yet cant really do the same for others

I hope world is good

yes steam but fall 2018. bs

XX, insane amount of playstyles and you can make the game as hard or as easy as you want with brave mode or striker or whatever, biggest roster and map selection as well

prob the usual 59.99 same as console and it will show up on steam in Autumn 2018 youtube.com/watch?v=oYVp2nW4q1A&t=9s

I'm really enjoying 4U currently.

I'm playing Gen right now but I'm not really feeling it. I got 4U, but I've never played FU before and have a Vita I could toss it on. What makes it so good?

Rank?

I'd love to hunt with you.

Large variety of monsters. Best tuned difficulty progression instead of shoving any challenge into GQs (4U) or Super Deviants (XX). Weapons that aren't the SnS and HH can solo everything. Dramatic impact of time to clear hunts depending on how good you got. Natural evasion is the best it ever is in this game allowing you to learn how to play with every weapon.

As far as gameplay using weapons. 4U is simply the peak. Weapons are at their best in 4U (disregarding World). The weapon balance on the other hand... If you want a nice middle ground, play P3rd. It's not as consistently level as MHFU and is where the difficulty for the series as a whole started dropping, but it's an enjoyable game and one of the more satisfying ones to solo with your weapon of choice. 3U would be the middle ground choice. But underwater exists. And it would be quite unfortunate if you decided you really liked SnS and tried to solo on to abyssal lagi using it.

Freedom Unite defined the series into what it became for Tri, P3rd, 3U, and for the most part 4U.

Sure, it has some very questionably wonky hitboxes a lot of them but that's given due to the game's age. Outside of that it's a must-play for any fan of the series.

Gen (X/Cross in JP) and XX (Double Cross, JP exclusive) are more of a step sideways.
A total spinoff, but not particularly a step backwards and definitely not a step forward.

So all in all, I'd recommend trying FU if you're a fan or interested in what defined the series.

Otherwise you should get 3U (3DS version is local only, whilst Wii-U version is online-compatible. You can transfer saves between the two versions) 3U is basically a combination of Tri's and Portable 3rd's content wrapped up into one game.
Or emulate Tri (Wii title, a lot of content is locked behind online/inaccessible, but there are romhacks to make that shit available. Also there's some custom stuff people did for playing it online multiplayer on PC)
Or emulate Portable 3rd (PSP, JP Exclusive, but there are ENG patched ISOs that translate about 80% of the game. All the essentials are translated outside of some equipment descriptions and non-essential NPC dialogue)

I'm a brank noob. First my game.

MHFU

*MG game.

Fuck phone posting.

MH3U is still the perfect MH game imo

except the swimming controls

3U. Out side of Gold beard and Alterion, any monster will die by you getting good.

All the Apex and 140gq bullshit in 4U isn't worth the effort to solo, they exist only to force you into online play.

>tfw upgrade my rig in december so it can play almost anything in ultra
>tfw i have to wait nearly a year since then to touch monster hunter world

I have enough money for a ps4 but i don't want to buy a dying downgrade of a console

not him but HR64, G2 here

>Not liking the additional challenge
I solo'd my way to G on the 3DS version.
without a circle pad pro or lock-on

>brank noob

So Low Rank? High Rank? G-Rank?

either way I'd enjoy helping an user out

Don't need either. Hope you solo'd all of G too.

Well while we're talking about the older games,

POST GUILD CARDS

I love my PS4 pro™ but there's no way in fuck I could recommend it to you if you didn't like the numerous niche exclusives that it does have. And some of that shit is indeed niche and still diminishing as more and more of them find their way on PC eventually.

However as a corporate slave, I purchased my Wii U specifically for 3U and ended up not regretting that so take it as you will. and by taking it as you will I mean to say don't make that mistake

Wherever you go to have fun. I will follow.

I don't have any actual guild card pictures saved, but I do have some screenshots from before Miiverse was shut down.

Don't won't to find my 3DS charger. I had some sick sleep blades that I fell in love with

My main fashion hunter set.

Should I coop emulate FU or p3rd?

*breathes in*
AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>OH NONONONONONO PLEASE DELETE THIS F-FUCK NITENDO ITS THEY FAULT!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GET FUCKED.

>one point represents one pre-order
raughing every time

Kek

>still doesn't know this only tracks the Shibuya COMG store

>Missing all of those fucking golfswings
user...

hehehe

Jump into a toilet headfirst please.

dat gold ian set

insane

Change this to 3U and you have an objective fact.

>20 days remain
post YFW

>mfw 20 days until dragonball

>game comes out basically right after my birthday
>no next-gen console, no job, no money
>Wouldn't want to ask for console + new game too

I will never not be pissed 17 isn't an actual character and is just playing second fiddle to 18.

Is there anything more precious than this cat?

>Not soloing goldbeard in fifteen minutes with a slime gunlance

Its a hacked set.

Me and some random killed Goldbeard sub-4 by just pierce shotting him to hell and back. I'm sure quick kills are possible solo but it's such a clunky fight that nobody should want to do it solo.

You're making a mountain out o a molehill.
Ceadeus in general is one of the easiest fights in the series even considering the water combat.
Abyssal Lagi without glitches is the most tedious.

>tfw no PS4 and waiting for the PC version
Have gun guys

When is new info

>thinking 4k hours is hacked

scrub

>imagine soloing mhfu
>literally triggered

stop

>Dual green plesioth in the jungle

I'll solo hell first

In my humble opinion, 4U is the bet MonHun game ever, both for the solo and online game. With enough skill and Skills, you can solo G-Rank elder dragons.

Sersiouly though, don't play MHFU
>hitboxes are bad
>gathering basic materials is incredibly tedious
>rathalos gets 60% increased damage when enraged and WILL one shot you in the best gear you can have for him if you aren't at 150% health
>plessy hipcheck
>fucking tigrex

And that's just low rank

Just don't

Sequel when

Nah dude, they should play it but only and ONLY after they've played the recent games.
God forbid people who play FU first.

you have been able to do that in every monster hunter game ever, not all of us are useless fgts that need to be carried to endgame

FU was my first MH game. I think I got as far as fighting the kirin for the first time. Couldn't git gud enough to ever kill it. Not even because i'd get carted three times, i always ran out of time.

I can understand with Kirin. Using low-mobility weapons against that agile fuck was hard in older gen MH.

3U is probably the least messed up entry to date.
4's verticality shit just ended up being annoying and tedious, and unlike swimming in 3 was actually a major feature and basically ruined a lot of maps.
X's styles were just a bad idea and were made pretty much just to counter IG being THE mount weapon. Also I guess for a new player there's no real characters or world building and instead it's just fanservice and cringe, which I guess is kind of important for a new player.

I would say 3U is the best, but XX is fine too just because it's the most recent. None of the games can really be called bad though. At least not since Tri.

F2 then transfer your save in FU

>monster hunter world is going to be the greatest monster hunter game ever created and it's releasing in 21 days

>making a GS just to beat land of tremors
>making bow and bowguns sets to deal with specific monsters that had huge weaknesses to them
>abusing the fuck out of flashbombs because they didn't have diminishing returns
>waiting several minutes just for shen gaoren to enter the damn area
>having to go to the blacksmith and pay to remove or insert gems
>having to go gather every little thing on the farm between every single quest

All in all, the only thing I really miss from FU was that comfy town theme

>releasing in 21 days
thanks for testing, pleb-kun!

I miss Yama Tsukami.
Why hasn't it made any other appearances?

Because people kept complaining about "wall" monsters like Yama, Shen Gao, Lao Shan, Jhen Mohran.

Dah'ren is an exception I guess since they gave it more interactivity in the battle.

I think ledges in 4U meshed well into the core gameplay, whereas 3U swimming was a mode completely detached from regular ground combat. I'm not some 3U hater, but I see nothing wrong with 4U. Both are fine.

>whereas 3U swimming was a mode completely detached from regular ground combat
I think they just didn't know how to properly adapt the fighting when you how had vertical movement to account for, but I wouldn't say it was a horrible travesty or anything, just something that perhaps needed a bit more work or better implementation ideas.

The weird part about that is that FU Yama is a pretty straightforward hit it until it dies fight, the only weird thing being crouching to dodge the helicopter spin

I don't get why dah'ren even exists when it fights almost exactly like jhen and doesn't even get a G subspecies remix like halogen to fuck with people who had the regular fight down to a science, even its gear isn't really worth anything outside of watatsumi for removing gravios

Should I switch from Slim to Pro for World?

>should I invest $400 for a single game that struggles to hit 50 fps

In a series that has never exceeded 30fps before?
Yes.

Its not a possible combination, scrub.

>In a series that has never exceeded 30fps before?
>he never played the 3DS games

It's like you don't even understand true endgame talismans or smart gemming

scrub

FU, still has the biggest amount of content as well as locations
loved how G-Rank completely turned the tables by introducing new maps that you needed to adjust to
the 3-4th gen plebs need to git gud

>Bitching about FPS.
>The fucking 3ds games still struggle to get 50FPs on the new3ds too.

Are you retarded?

>N-no games in the series went above 30...
>T-THEY DON'T COUNT WAAAH

I played all the Mohans baring XX and the side games like that palico shit.
Played the 3DS games on a normal 3dsXL. Ran at a solid 30. So excuse me if I didn't cough up more money for a better version of the 3ds.
Besides that the Beta was a old build of the game to stress test server load for release day.

You expect that to be the full representations of it's quality or something?

Unrelated to your argument with that other guy, but man, I hate when games get old builds as demos. If I have a problem, I have no idea if it's the game or just the old build. Hope MHW gets a public demo near release with a release build or something

>So excuse me if I didn't cough up more money for a better version of the 3ds.
Yeah that doesn't change the fact that you made a completely retarded comment now do you.
>Besides that the Beta was a old build of the game to stress test server load for release day.
It's not going to get any better user it would require a far better system to do so and neither the PS4/pro nor Bone/X.B.O.X can manage that. Plus this is Capcom, the people who supposedly needs like what 7 or so months to "optimize" a PC version?
It's not going to get any better.

>Tfw 10 months remain
H-have fun guys

Just remember to pirate it.