No G5 thread for the biggest melee tourney of the year

>No G5 thread for the biggest melee tourney of the year.
What the fuck Sup Forums I thought you played vidya.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YW7C7cWRw-M
youtube.com/watch?v=XIMRQXk7JoI&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i really don't mean this as flaming or anything.

the melee scene is fucking STALE. same three guys duking it out, only to get bopped by Armada. Leffen fell off and watching plup upsets can only be so interesting for so long.

we need melee HD. probably not gonna happen.

I'm not an autistic manchild so I'm not dumb enough to care about competitive melee

Hbox is literally the best player now nigga where have you been?

>playing video games
>watching a bunch of grown manchildren play a 17 year old party game "competitively"

It's only day 1 and like we all know it's gonna come down to 3 people anyway. There's nothing to talk about.

My boi leffen is gonna win. Screenshot this right now.

Melee is boring now. The scene’s dying, competition is stale, sponsors are preventing players from playing the best version, and more interesting games are coming out. Love the game, but I’m done.

>sponsors are preventing players from playing the best version

What?
Also I love the game but I got sick of losing to teens who have way too much time or some faggit who just gets the game after grinding my ass off for 3 years.

>Melee tourney
Why would I want to watch someone play a 17 year old Nintendo party game?

UCF. Nintendo sponsoring G5 is the reason it’s not running UCF even though the vast majority of players prefer it.

Good thing I quit this shitty scene. God its feels good to not grind Fox v Marth for 40+ hours a week to lose to ethnic wannabe Zain in locals for the 5th time in a row.

>Leffen fell off
Leffen 3-1 and 3-0d Armada two weeks ago

mad cuz bad

I already know I'm bad but I'm sick of putting in work and getting mediocre results. I just accepted that I'm gonna be a scrub forever at this point.

Same sentiment as others ITT. Melee is awesome, I'll be watching top 32, but it really has gotten stale.
Without an official re-release, it's too hard for people to get into it without entering gray areas.

Honestly Melee is super easy to get into with Netplay and Dolphin. The problem is that the skill ceiling is soo stupidly high now that unless you go full autismo mode and poopsock the game for a year or have natural talent getting good is almost fucking impossible.

If you're in Melee for results you shouldve quit sooner dood. Even when I get fucked and get depressed on how I suck I always come crawling back the temptress Melee is. save me

Party game where you have to turn items off and play on 5 stages for it to even be in tournament. Legitamately pathetic.

The competitive scene is fucking stale, literally yawning rn

Naw m8 the best I've ever done is making it outta pools at NYC locals. You can only suck soo much before you can just switch to other games. Also doesn't help I don't have the money to travel. How the fuck do some these niggas travel and attend all these locals? Shit adds up fast.

It helps that most melee players are willing to house people from out of state for big events. Housing is one of the biggest expenses for traveling so take that away and all that's left is gas/food.

Big Majors are 50+ for venue alone nowadays though.

>not becoming friends with the top players of your region for higher level friendlies
>not becoming the ultimate netplay warrior, hidden boss of your region

A shame!

People don't like me. Why do you think I'm posting on Sup Forums?

Melee=Autism

I also post on Sup Forums user but that doesn't mean shit. I have my own scene at my college and we're down for some genesis and friendlies this weekend. The problem with melee and Sup Forums, yes I'm generalizing, is that it's full of trolls and no skill shitters who are always available for some thread derailing. Never touch melee threads unless it's day 3 of a major.

shut the fuck up faggot

Subscribe. Now.

Reminder that smash is the soyboys fighting game of choice.

I will be enjoying my ad free experience thanks to Twitch Prime and adblock.

this posture
seriously he's not bad looking and incredibly good at a autistic game, but his back ruins that

I mean I'm bad but atleast I have potential since I've played for 3+ fucking years.

>being competitive at a party game
>being competitive at outdated party game
>don't forget to shower and use deodorant!
Is there a commutiny worse than smashfags?

Sup Forums

All melee players seem really similar, dont know what it is, maybe its my imagination. but theres a specific strain of autism i detect on all of them. oh well. glad yall found your niche.

I rather watch even the most generic of anime over watching other people play videogames. Also it's like day 1. Nobody gives a shit about R1 pools. Will prob watch top64 but meh

Don't worry! Icons is there to revitalize the scene!! Lol.

I got into the beta for Icons.
Shit is stiff as fuck and the movement doesn't feel good like melee does. It might get fixed, but I really doubt it.

>never 4get

This looks pretty good. Am I missing something?

Oh boy ads for Zelda DLC. I sure am glad daddy Nintendo is sponsoring us.

I feel like Melee is starting to see the beginning of the fall. This year’s Genesis had less entrants than last years and last years had less than the year before. Smash Summit usually gets announced around this time and yet nothing has been said yet. Evo Japan wont have Melee and I’m wondering if Evo Las Vegas will even have it.

Worst part is the commentators having to shill for ninty. Can't wait for the cardboard commercials

It's shit

How would you rank the smash copycats/ other platform fighters?
I haven't played all of them but I think
Rivals>Icons>Brawlhalla

This looks absolutely awful. This was made by the PM dev team right? What the hell happened?

Please donate and subscribe so that we can continue bringing you quality smash content on VGBC

Only tried Melee Masters so fr, gonna try the others if possible.

What do you mean what happened? It's not like they were actually talented game devs, just modders.

>VGBC in 2018

FUCK YOU JEWMR

The furfag one actually looks cool but it's also furfag shit.

Reminder this happened in the Musical this year

youtube.com/watch?v=YW7C7cWRw-M

Judging by their latest trailer, nothing's been fixed. Game is still as floaty and stiff as ever.

Have you seen their new character reveal? It's fucking terrible.

youtube.com/watch?v=XIMRQXk7JoI&feature=youtu.be

>what happened
There difference between tweaking someone else's work, and making your own stuff.

Worst part is, they're not even being original, they're 1:1 lifting moves from Smash, and failing at it too.

6 m i l l i o n
God damn, does nobody on their team know how to animate?

I mean sure they were only modders, but PM had acceptable custom animations and okay hitboxes. Everything at least looked clean, even if it was just tweaking someone's work. For the people who made brawl have fun physics and made it behave well, they really do not have any idea on what makes a game fun. Those animations, effects, and sounds are embarrassing. It's truly a shame.

Only some of the PMDT went on to Wavedash, not all of them.

Melee is only going down in major attendance numbers, and that's mostly because there's like 10 every year. Overall player count and stream views are going up.

I think the funniest part is that it's called Icons and all they're doing is taking the iconic things from smash and copying them except way worse. It doesn't have it's own identity, there's nothing iconic about it.

Will Melee HD fix the scene?

Never happening but the scene is doing fine right now.

Who's streaming?

VGJewtcamp

>combo contest tonight

Is there a salty suite?

Has any tournament since Apex 2015 had a Salty Suite worth mentioning?

Why do these weirdos wear these masks. He ain't even a nip.

Lz is such a fuccboi

because hes badly ill

Probably something to do with being around so many people, I know that kid had some sort of heart surgery somewhat recently.

I do play vidya
I don't watch others play vidya

>plays video games
fag