We will never have a real Zelda game again

We will never have a real Zelda game again

You mean one that rehashes the formula again, correct?

i just started emulating botw.
man this game is so close to being good

Good. I really only care about this series at all when it's doing something more than surface level changes to the OOT formula.

I am okay with how loose BOTW is, if they find another way to open up the map without giving you boring powers AND having no themes for dungeons.

>Sheikah Slate powers and shit like swimming up waterfalls
>Boring
Brainlets never cease to amaze

>bombs
>freeze time on certain objects
>ice bridge
>grab shit
BEST ABILITIES EVER GOTY

You're so right and witty, cause they totally aren't gonna rehash BoTW formula, a formula that already existed in games and ruined plenty of good franchises (MGS and Final Fantasy off-line games). Just because it's newer doesn't mean it's the same thing, at least older zelda titles were memorable and not ass with 24 miiboshits to buy along with the game.

Only on this shithole would the idea that we won't be getting the same game made over and over and over again for the next 20 years be posed negatively

Waterfalls are pretty rare, and in either case the ability to swim up them is indeed boring since its something you press then watch.
>Bombs
>ice pillar out of the ground you can't interact with except from shattering it
>freezing time on specific things
>magnet power, again something only usable when near metal objects
The Leaf, and the Ice Rod are the best weapons you get for fun.

I am not even against item renting like ALBW, these last 2 Zelda games are the only ones where rupees mattered. Then you could incorporate more themed shrines.

define "real" Zelda game.
because there hasn't been a "real" Zelda game since the first one. LttP to LBW you want be technical in terms of evolution

I think theyre gonna try to go in between next zelda, hopefully open world but better "divine beasts" type stuff and shrines

>most objects if not all
>all enemies
>specific things

>ice pillar out of the ground you can't interact with
confirmed for not playing the game.

BotW style is too complex for top down Zelda, so the upcoming 3DS one will most likely be pretty similar to classic Zelda, although like ALBW I imagine there will be experimentation particularly with exploration and non-linearity.

Oot and tp (except for the wolf shit) are most real zelda games

You climb it, then you can look at it and shatter it. You can also shatter the ones from the elephant beast dungeon.

What else can you do with it?

incorrect

But it's a real Zelda game. Zelda is about the variety of ability of your character.

>upcoming 3DS Zelda

Someone post the webm where the guy uses the momentum of the ice pillar rising to pop himself up for some vertical height to cheat a shrine.
You can also use the ice ability to shatter large ice projectiles.

>You climb it, then you can look at it and shatter it.
is that not interacting?

the last true, best one was [/spoiler]ocarina of time

You can also use it to climb waterfalls if you go to the Zora kingdom last. Pop up into the air by casting it on yourself. Using it as a shield from projectiles. Etc

And that's just 3 examples for 1 tool in the game.

mgsv was great lmao

>He doesn't spoof the amiibo
Lmaoing at your life desu

There were plenty of waterfalls that I climbed by making horizontal ice pillar steps.

Twilight Princess perfected the old formula. Let's wait for them to perfect this one.
Things they will change in the future games:
>Weapon durability
>Items
>Dungeons
>Music
This will in all likelihood, restore your ideas of Zelda.
What they will never have:
>Interesting plot, story
>Fleshed out characters

So outside of the intended features, there's the ability to propel yourself with it, and blocking shit if you happen to be by water.

>HURR LATEST GAME DOES THING I DON'T LIKE SERIES IS DEAD
God you fags are the worst, you can't even wait to see if the next game will be like BotW before you start crying.

We haven't had one since 1994 unfortunately.

Yes the same way the Sopranos "rehashed" the same formula in season 2, then season 3, etc. You know putting a good formula that works in new situations.

And nothing of value was lost

They've confirmed it will be like BOTW user

They've said they're keeping the open world Skyrim-esque gameplay from now on.

Apparently there is a remake of Link's Awakening coming to the 3ds.

BTFO

So you're just going to keep moving the goal so you can feel better about yourself nota liking a gameplay mechanic.

>game is literally handing you ways to break the game
>this is somehow boring
You must lack some major imagination. The stuff the game gives you can literally be used creatively to overcome obstacles in ways the devs didn't intend.

No, both are intended gameplay mechanics. They're basic shit that's not useful outside of maybe a few circumstances, outside of the bombs which remain consistently useful. Yeah, maybe 5% of the players do crazy shit like in the webms, but considering how the dungeons are designed, most of the runes are barely used.

>swim up waterfall
>end up skipping 90% of Hyrule Castle

GREAT POWER

>the director of SS, directed BotW
people shit on SS's OST even though Koji Kondo was one of the sound composers
hmmm.

>Yeah, maybe 5% of the players do crazy shit like in the webms, but considering how the dungeons are designed, most of the runes are barely used.
So, the only thing holding the fun back is you? Most people don't record their playing, so why do you assume only 5% do crazy stuff?

>actually defending "press A to swim up waterfall"

Aonuma already said next game will be more BOTW.

>tfw botw didn't have Subrosians, civilized Dekus, Twilis and Minish/Picori
Any other races I'm missing?

No, the only thing that's holding back fun is its impracticality and the fact that rolling a rock down a hill to get it just right to kill some enemies takes longer than just slashing them, same with gaming shrines. The actual dungeons are dead and uninspired.

>ALttP Death Mountain
>Tower of Hera
>Spectacle Rock
>Ganon's Tower
>Turtle Rock
>The Hidden Cave

>BoTW
>Vah Rudinia
>Ubisoft Tower A
>Shrine A
>Shrine B
>Shrine C

Oh boy, I can't wait for BoTW 2. Hopefully they get rid of those silly divine beasts and villages and replace them with 10 Ubisoft towers, 100 more shrines and 400 more Korok seeds

Thank God, I always preferred the overworld aspects of Zelda to the dungeons. I want to explore a visually spectacular world of adventure, not solve puzzles in a drab dungeon for an hour. The shrines are honestly great because they allow you to have the fun of solving a puzzle in a dungeon without being committed to that dungeon for a length of time.

Shrines might have killed Zelda for me, I don't think I can handle another game of ADHD kiddie-tier "solve a puzzle and then do literally nothing beyond run around like a retard for half an hour until you find another"

>I always preferred the overworld aspects of Zelda to the dungeon

What overworld? Shrines and korok seeds? The only actually interesting part of the overworld is the Gerudo desert.

>Skyward Sword was complete garbage
>BotW is an open world game wearing the skin
>People cite ALBW as the greatest shit but it's 90% recycled from AlttP
>The DS games were abortions
>My favorite Zelda was retconned by the latest "canon" book
>Know I'll never enjoy a Zelda game again because I'm a jaded fuck

If they take botw and improve on all the lackluster parts it'll be a great game

Except for the fact that Wind Waker is glaringly unfinished and Twilight Princess is just not quite as good OOT with a shitty aesthetic and derivative Wolf Segments
MM was OOT again done right outside of the art assets. The time mechanic is a change to the formula that permeates other details of the game like questing, dungeons, traveling, item management, etc. On top of that they altered key features like items by including masks as well and altered the focus to few dungeons and loads of side content when OOT was basically the opposite

WW is not done right, sailing is a surface level change that only truly affects overworld navigation and doesn't touch into other parts of the game. And even though it moves it's focus towards exploration to complement the ocean open world it doesn't even end up doing it well, the triforce hunt, an exploration heavy quest in place of the second set of dungeons for the game, is fucking awful, easily one of the worst parts of the game
On top of that the dungeon and quests suffer because of it as well. Sage dungeons are absolutely terrible and all people you meet to have potential tasks from are all in like 3 areas and almost all of them are in windfall

TP is not done right either. The Wolf is terrible tacked on shit. It's like having 1 single slightly more fleshed out version of the MM masks. When it should have been like a whole second playstyle if it was only going to be one other mode.
And the aesthetic is just crap, like for example:
>In Ocarina of Time you use the power of the goddess Farore given to you by one of the great Fairies to whisk yourself in and out of dungeons
>In Twilight Princess you use a horrifying chicken creature and it's equally disgusting son to take you in and out of dungeons
Not to mention Farore is something you have to go out and find and the chicken man beast hands itself to you in the first dungeon I believe.
You can't follow up in a games footsteps that closely and then do that much worse

Because unless you're recording, there's absolutely no point in going out of your way to do any of that crazy shit as it gets old incredibly fast and is inefficient; often taking far too long to pull off or fails outright.

But most of the game's praise is on it's lackluster parts. What will "muh freedom" shitters do if they balance the game and they can't go anywhere on the map because the game has proper difficulty balance?

Do yourself a favor and don't take Nintendo canon seriously, it changes with phases of the moon, and never for the better.

>defeat an enemy using a gimmick under special conditions

>nintendo learned that the best way to make a game is to not actually make the game, just make a sandbox and throw in a few minutes of cutscenes

I just want real dungeons and aesthetic diversity.

You take that back faggot, Phantom Hourglass was kino but you never played the game

And shitters will eat it right up.

>The DS games were abortions

What were wrong with them outside of touch controls. They were basically mini-Zeldas.

3D consolefags are the worst, just because it's not some big budget project on console doesn't mean it's bad.

They can still leave it open but you will end up having to fight harder monsters and can't do whatever the main quest would want you to do in that area later. It's not that hard

BOTW literally intentionally threw away any concept of a canon by intentionally including species that couldn't have all been in the same timeline like Rito and Zora

>couldn't

Why are there monkeys still around?

>Know I'll never enjoy a Zelda game again because I'm a jaded fuck
I felt that way a little bit after reading BotW fans trash the good 3D Zeldas to put this game on a pedestal and insulted my intelligence for even daring to criticize BotW. Then I realized that's stupid and I can still enjoy the Zelda games I liked regardless of what some fanatic assholes say on a fucking internet board.

>The Zora evolve when Hyrule floods
>To be fucking bird people
>Even though there was way fewer and safer places to roost

Which is a simple concept that got completely left out in the first place, it's mind-boggling. Its fucking Oblivion/ Skyrim levels of balance.

Nice youtube comment

TOP TIER
>Ocarina/MQ
>Majora
>ALTTP
>LA

GOOD TIER
>Zelda 1
>Zelda 2
>Ages/Seasons
>TP

AVERAGE TIER
>SS
>WW
>ALBW
>MC
>FSA

NOT WORTH MENTIONING
>FS
>TFH
>PH
>ST

OPEN WORLD TIER
>BOTW

Sup Forumscore/10

>he takes Zelda "canon" seriously
laughing at your life right now.

Well yeah, it was their first attempt at open world so I'm hoping they learnt from it and botw2 will be a lot better game, hopefully a bit harder too

Switch TP and LA and you're good.

And meaningful, challenging combat.
You could literally avoid every single enemy aside from bosses in BotW and it'd make no difference.

Also, puzzles that aren't catered to toddlers. And bosses that aren't shit. And sidequests that aren't shit. And collectibles that aren't shit. And actual risk vs reward. And a story where all the interesting events happen in the present, not 100 years ago when the game should have taken place. And an ending that isn't hands down by far the worst in the entire series.

BOTW is an adventure simulator whereas OOT and it's sequels and clones were adventures in a can.

Refute this. You can't.

My previous favorite Zelda was Wind Walter because of the emergent gameplay scenarios you would encounter in the Great Sea, you felt like an explorer on an unknown sea. BotW illicits the same kind of feeling on land. I like happening upon enemy outposts, defeating them and taking their spoils. I like exploring beautiful scenery and being able to run, jump and climb wherever I want.

>And meaningful, challenging combat.
Yeah, like the other 3D zeldas have meaningful and challenging combat. All the rest of your complaints are opinions, which are neither wrong nor right, even if I agree to some of them.

that's sounds like a whole lot of subjective and "it doesn't count based on my feelings" to me.

>And a story where all the interesting events happen in the present, not 100 years ago when the game should have taken place. And an ending that isn't hands down by far the worst in the entire series.

I feel ya.

>adventure simulator
>nothing to explore
>caves are 1-room holes with shrines inside
>labyrinths have shrines inside
>waterfalls have shrines behind them

There hasn't been a good Zelda game since Adventure of Link. Get over yourselves.

>BoTW formula, a formula that already existed in games and ruined plenty of good franchises
The difference here is that the BotW formula is a lot closer to being Zelda than any other 3D Zelda.

you really put Link's Awakening above the Oracles? I found them to all be very similar, but Oracles improved on basically every flaw from LA. Less obtuse puzzles with dumb solutions, tighter environments while still feeling "big", etc.

They weren't challenging, but they were meaningful, and they were varied. Previous Zelda combat and enemies shits all over BotW's.

(you)

I remember pushing rocks onto bokoblins with ragdoll physics on the NES while looking for quest markers.

Good times

Fujibayashi has directed Oracles, Four Swords, Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild. That's a really wide spread.

I found BOTW insulting, BOTW 2 better have 200 hours of actual content to make up for the fact that BOTW 1's campaign is like 2-3 hours long if you remove the travelling distance between them.

I love BOTW's mechanics a ton, but the overworld put me to sleep. There is nothing unique outside of the Gerudo desert, everything is the same. You find the same landmarks, enemies and content in a volcano, tundra, desert, seaside and more.

>Zelda 1
>Link has more tools than he does in BoTW

Kek, so much for all that next-gen power.

Yeah, I don't know about that. I mean the boss designs are way worse, but enemy encounters in general feel more threatening in BOTW than in earlier games, especially early game when you don't have many hearts.
I can't even count how many times I've died because I jump dodged an enemy only to be hit from my blind spot and sent flying across the mountain range to my death. It is a good feeling.

>excited when I found the village by the beach, with people and everything
>hoping to find more cool stuff like that that isn't part of the story
>there isn't anything

Fucking hell, I'm surprised they even allowed that village to be put in, I would have thought it was taking up valuable space that could be used for korok seeds, shrines and a tower.

The Ocarina of Time formula has been stale since 2006, get the fuck over it and move on

Fuck off. I'll take BoTW over the trash that is SS, WW and TP and day of the week.

Subjectivity and "feelings" can be applied to every single piece of praise or criticism in existence. Attempting to dismiss what you disagree with by pointing that out is pointless.
And I've wasted too much time elaborating my points in the past, so I condensed my thoughts. Those aren't even all the issues I take with the game.

All they have to do is limit where you can/want to go and put more focus on you following the main quest. Then they can make a proper story for you to follow instead of just pointing you to 4 points in the world

gerudo desert is the worst part of the map though

you can't get anymore pointless than posting on a Korean data mining farm. Gonna chalk it up to begrudging submission

Honestly, I don't even mind the openness, but it takes longer to reach the main quest than to actually do it. All I ask is for some content to go along with the open world and not

>lel you can cut down trees and run in the open plains, go do that for 100 hours
>and then you can do 4 dungeons 15 minutes long and fight 5 bosses and 4 minibosses

Old Zeldas have double digit bosses and minibosses.

It had an actual unique boss, the area where your map is covered, and more. That's fucking better than shrine and tower in cold area, shrine and tower in hot area, shrine and tower in forest area, shrine and tower in plains area.