Sell me into the Fire Emblem games. What should I expect? Difficulty? Interesting gameplay? Something else?

Sell me into the Fire Emblem games. What should I expect? Difficulty? Interesting gameplay? Something else?

I'm looking for something that's "less story, more gameplay heavy" to dig in.

Bump.

>I'm looking for something that's "less story, more gameplay heavy" to dig in.
look elsewhere

Do every mission perfectly, with or without a walkthrough, or don’t bother playing at all. You’ll regret making mistakes by the last level of most games.

wat? cutscenes are skippable in most FE games, you could pretend the story doesn't even exist if you want to

>FE games
>story centered

Pick one.

Difficulty and interesting gameplay.
Story is shit, don't listen to the fans claiming it's only the latest waifu faggotry.
FE's plot is literally copy paste from game one.

Yes

Thanks user, will check it out.
Is there any preferred game to start with (I can only emulate) or can I just play them in order?

FE games are really easy SRPG's outside of a couple which are the best ones. I would start with FE7 and see if you like it. It has a ch.10 tutorial that treats you like a dumbass but it eases you in. They're are gameplay based but storyfags will say otherwise, the writing is barebones as fuck in every single one but the support convos, which started in FE6, add aome depth to the characters.

I don't understand this meme. You're going to be spending more time in maps then looking at dialogue. The only thing story heavy is units being faceless generics.

not*

>outside of a couple which are the best ones

Which are? I like learning by diving in instead of wasting time in the shore.

they're easy to emulate. Just pick one and see if you like it. Put FE7 or 8 on your phone or some shit.

My personal favorite is Path of Radiance (FE9), but you've gotta use dolphin for that

nigga what

In terms of the hardest that require some semblance of thought on hard modes, Binding Blade, New Mystery, Radiant Dawn, and Conquest.

fuck off and die nuFE Fateswakening shitters

FE plots are generic and retarded as fuck. 7 and RD are as bad as Awakening.

The only FE game in which the story is crucial for it to be enjoyed is FE4.

Try FE7, it's easy to get into.

Perhaps but unless you're trash at the games the percentage of both won't be what OP is looking for.

Not OP but I tried getting into FE7 for my first FE and it just felt like a huge tutorial, even at chapter 20-something. I eventually grew bored because it was just so easy and wasn't really interested in seeing how the good guys win in the end.

and how the fuck would you know you haven't touched them. 7 and RD don't have waifus for your pathetic ass to fap to. those games had some fucking dignity.

Depends on how bad you are. Most of the games aren't hard at all.

Not that user, but in your case I'd start with FE6, FE7, FE9, FE12, or FE Fates: Conquest.

>FE7
First FE released in the west, most commonly suggested starting point by far. It has reasonable difficulty for a first time player and features a very well balanced hard mode. A save file or gameshark code to skip the lengthy tutorial probably exists somewhere.

>FE6 w/ translation patch
Roy's game, only released in Japan. Basically a jankier FE7 with a lot of chapters that involve getting an incredibly useless Roy to a throne to Seize it. Hard mode was still a blast for me personally, but I see why people might not like this one.

>FE9
The first of two games featuring Ike. Probably the easiest game on this list, but by no means a cakewalk. The hardest mode is Japan-exclusive for some ungodly reason. Start on Hard mode, Normal and Easy are way too easy.

>FE12 w/ translation patch
Remake of FE3 for the DS, only released in Japan. I'm only just playing this now but so far I'd put it somewhere between FE7 and Conquest in difficulty.

>FE Fates: Conquest
Probably the hardest game on this list. Features mechanics from modern FEs including Pair Up, Skills and a self-insert character whose class and stats can be chosen. The enemies and maps are notoriously brutal, but not so unfair that a first time player would find it totally impossible to complete.

The story in these games are important for world-building and defining characters. Ignoring or pretending these don't exist is autism and removes half the enjoyment of the series.

That's my point. Outside of the Jugrdal games and Conquest the default difficulty of most games are a breeze so the percentage of time spent in gameplay isn't as large as people claim.

The fact that there's story doesn't make it its primary focus.

Fe4 is really easy though. If someone plays FE6 on hard mode for instance the time spent will be figuring out how to complete the maps, since story dialogue is pretty short.

spicy bait

>Difficulty
Ranges from retardedly easy to retardedly difficult across the series, though you're given difficulty options to pick your general level of challenge.
>Gameplay
Take unit, run into attacking range of enemy unit, attack, repeat. This covers pretty much everything you need to know about the gameplay.
>I'm looking for something that's "less story, more gameplay heavy" to dig in.
Good for you, Fire Emblem is typically somewhat light on the plot, and pretty heavy on actual gameplay.
Literal copypaste is a bit far, though I'll admit that even the best FE plots are rather average at best.

If you want a gameplay focus GBA, DS games and conquest are the way to go

Can I emulate Conquest?

Unlikely that first timers will be jumping straight to hard.

They're great classics. If you're looking for where to start, I'll recommend either FE7 or FE Echoes because they're all around solid.

Think it's still in development.

Well fuck. Guess I'll check some GBA/DS game then, I see there are lots of them but I'm still not decided.

Having people name dropping titles is just increasing my confusion.