Go to gamestop

>go to gamestop
>clerk recognizes me and tries to start a conversation
I can't believe it's happened AGAIN. Now I have to find another videogame store where no one knows me. Why can't people just do their jobs without harassing customers?

Things that never happen.

OP, stop being such an insecure faggot.

just act unfriendly, and they won't acknowledge you anymore. the manager at my gamestop doesn't even make eye contact with me anymore.

haha not fucking the gamestop girl clerk what a pleb soyboy

>tfw you start going places often enough that people will comment on the fact

It's not my fault my cars are all shitcans that need work

It's called Amazon.

But then they will think I'm some kind of awkward autist, which I definitely am, but I'd rather not be reminded of.

they are the awkward autists. they'll just think you're an asshole, which is good because they'll try to get you out of the store as fast as possible. you won't have to deal with the cashier trying to sell you stuff.

You deserve it for harassing Sup Forums with wojaks

>Have so many problems with shipping that when I send complaint emails, they immediately go into the replacement process before telling me.

>be me
>work at retail
>customer enters store
>"Need any help?"
>"Nah"
>leave them alone

>enter Gamestop
>"WELCOME TO GAMESTOP NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING"
>"nope just looking around"
>"WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?"
>"...PS3 games"
>"OH WELL LET ME SHOW YOU SOME"

jesus christ

>go to GameStop
>theres the nice 8/10 girl who works there
>always see her when I pick up a used game
>this goes on for months
>we talk whenever theres not many people are there
>looking for job one day
>go into GameStop for shits and gigs
>tells me theres some openings
>tell her I'll consider it

should I really do it bros? I'll feel like shit if she leaves almost as soon as I got in

It's better to regret something you did, than to regret something you didn't

Why do you go to gamestop? I'm 28 and I've never gone to that shithole in my life. If you hate them so much, stop supporting them.

She's not interested.
She already has a boyfriend.
You're reading way too much into your interactions with her.
Don't embarrass yourself user. Trying to help you out here.

Interacting with customers is actually a pretty basic principle of working in retail. Most consumers aren't antisocial Sup Forumsirgins, so they appreciate it when cashiers strike up a conversation and make them feel like they're welcome in the store.

That said,

>((Current Year)) +2
>Going to GameStop

Meme's a bit dated, if you're that antisocial GCU or Amazon Prime is easier and they have release date shipping. The era of going to the brick and mortar regularly unless you want to is dead, except if you're an underage and you actually need to spend cash.

DON'T get a job just for a person you like. It's not worth it. You're better of working somewhere where you don't know anyone, and then getting to know the people at the job.

Maybe at a normal retail store. You have to figure a video game store will attract a higher percentage of socially dysfunctional people.

Thanks, I guess

Maybe the next time I stop by I'll ask for her number or something and get to know her that way

Fair point. Their business model is pretty heavily centered around pushing those shopper cards and magazine subscriptions from what I understand, so that would get old pretty fast from a customer standpoint

Listen to this user. It's the same thing as looking for colleges, you go to the one that best suits your needs, not the one your friends are going to.
That said if there are any Walmarts near you their hiring standards are absurdly low and starting rate is $11 an hour. And they ALWAYS need people. That's just if you're desperate for a job, mind you, it's not a long term career by any means

Who the fuck still shops at Gamestop?

Working for Gamestop is pretty lame, even if they've done away with their circle of life bullshit. The only people who hype up the job are dumb highschoolers who think they get to play games in the back all day

t. former gamestop employee

the last game I bought at gamestop was skyrim in 2011. why bother going there anymore?

>but I want to buy physical!
amazon
>but I want it instantly
then go to fucking walmart, target, best buy, or any other store with an electronic section. this isn't fucking 2003 anymore. everyone sells video games now.

it can be a long term career if you have a high tolerance for people. i've been working in retail since 2006 and i have no debt, unlike my college educated friends.

>they are the awkward autists
My EB Games is full of chads and staceys

Same, except I got my Bachelor's 3 years ago. If you live very cheaply you can certainly provide for yourself by working there full-time, but the opportunities for advancement are pretty much dependent on your ability to kiss ass.

>Hey need help with anything?
>No I'm just gonna awkwardly check your shelves for low priced games then pull up vgpricecharts and see if anything is worth grabbing
>How high on the spectrum are you?
>pretty high desu

Gamestop has such a high turnover that you never see the same employee after around 4-5 weeks

>Walk into Gamestop
>Notice a box for that Spyro game on 360 that's like impossible to find
>Ask if I can take the box
>Dude says this is his last day so I can have as many cases as I want
>Walk out with half of the cases on the shelf
>Flip them on ebay for $150
>Never see dude again

Just ask her out at least then you can just stop shopping there if things get too awkward. Also Gamestop is seriously one of the worst retail jobs you can get and retail is bad enough as it is.

i went yesterday jesus that place has changed they have a annoying gaming podcast show playing in the backround at all times. being a employee there must be suffering.

or just be more intelligent than 99% of the knuckle draggers who work in retail. every store i've worked at, i've reached a managerial position in less than a year.

>go to the bank to deposit a check
>bank teller lady starts acting really friendly and tries having a conversation with me during the transaction
It was my first time seeing her at that bank, too. I thought it was fucking weird. Is this normal? People never actually start trying to get to know me during these things.

>except if you're an underage and you actually need to spend cash.
Just had to make yourself feel better with your blind reassurance, didn't you?

This is why you deposit through the ATM.

I don't get it.

>be 32
>go to gamestop
>see parents around my own age buying stuff for their children
>feel like a retard
After a certain age, being PC master race is no longer an option.

a lot of these corporate easy shithole retail jobs force their employees to do this. i just got a job at a gas station and you get graded hourly on how many people use a rewards card and how much candy you upsell and shit. the only people who benefit from this are managers, who get weekly bonuses for it. if you don't meet a quota, you get fired. and its barely over minimum wage.

I’ve seen the same chick from high school for a year there

>steam
>origin
>uplay
>microsoft store
>playstation store
well that was fucking hard.

If they ask "how are you?"
Just reply with "massive diarrhea"

>be friends with local game store ownwrs

>get free pretty order shit when they have excess

It's like... Being nice gets you shit because people like you or something?.

>go to gamestop
>buy some old game for 12 bucks
>goes for 66 on ebay
Fucking gamestop

Is everyone in your city or town just totally incompetent when it comes to actually getting a pump to read their fucking debit/credit card? I swear to god my town is just full of retards it's fucking infuriating how many people scream at me the pumps are broken when in reality all they gotta do is just leave their card in the reader for a few seconds like the onscreen prompt tells them to.

well you also benefit from it by honing your customer service skills so you can apply for a manager position at your next job and teach all the stoned teenagers how to do the job.

theyll think its a joke and laugh then continue talking

Repeat with a more serious tone

>quick check a few blocks from my house
>decent sandwiches so I go when I'm too lazy to make something
>start recognizing employees
>they probably recognize me
>stop going

Me neither. Is this how people with social anxiety think?

>Go to Gamestop to buy Catherine
>Clerk asks if i want Playstation or Xbox
>Tell him Xbox
>He tells me that a used copy of the game would be $22 dollars, and if i were smart i would take advantage of an Xbox Live digital sale going on where the game is only $2.50
>Thank him and go home to download the game
Fucking gamestop

>frequently visit store
>old classmate begins working there
>stop going
its ridiculous how often this happens. I'm going to starve to death at this rate
>ywn escape the past

Kek, you sound like me. The reason I avoid them is because I don't like saying hi to people or having to potentially tell them about my no life, so I always shop at places where nobody knows me.

Lol what did you say to him?

Maybe he's just trying to be nice and you're just a piece of shit. Why don't you order your games online.

>change store every time I buy an embarrassing game

Because their training tells them to try and be nice to you. They're still using training dvds and manuals from the early 2000s when the internet wasn't nearly as large, and gamestop very well might have been someone's only source of social contact.

Nowadays it's more patronizing than anything. But maybe that's me. I just tend to ignore them. There's one gamestop I go to with a few workers that visit Sup Forums and we're all equally jaded and miserable and unhappy about everything, so we get along well. They don't even do their schpiel and I always make sure to give my preorders to them to help their quotas.

If you had average intelligence, you would ask her out in the guise of learning more about the job and what she does there.

It's called social anxiety you normie fag

>>reddit

>>tumblr

That's any fucking kind of job though. The problem is that many of us fell for the college and university meme and min wage doesn't pay off that debt or even pay for a roof over your head in most cities.

You could buy online for any console.

minimum wage can get you a room in any city. not an apartment but it will do until you get your first couple of raises.

>buying physical copies

are you nintendo open mouth soyboy?

>normie
Normalfags, get out

>She already has a boyfriend.
So what? You afraid to hurt his feelings or something?

>supporting CIA retailers

I believe his point was to hammer in the point that she has zero interest in some guy who occasionally small-talks with her at work. It's literally her job to be nice to customers.

>delivers shipment two weeks later

I'm glad you live in a place lucky enough to have an HQ for this monopolizing company

Working at Gamestop is literal hell. They treat it like a commission job despite not earning commission for signing people up for the rewards card and the stores are too small and overscheduled so you end up losing 4/5ths of the shifts you're scheduled to work unless you're in management.

Being nice is one thing, but trying to spark up a conversation is another. I don't want to talk to these people, I want them to just do their jobs.

t. Educated consumer

What game?

I unironically stopped going to burger king because this happened to me.

Where headphones and keep conversations short

Or stop being a beta faggot and simply ask them to stop making small talk.

This happened to me a lot when I was a heavy smoker. Every gas station within 10 miles of where I lived and worked was like Cheers anytime I walked in, because every clerk recognized me. It got to be kind of a pain on days when I wasn't feeling very social.

>Go to gamestop a few years after highschool
>that cool guy that cashed you out without asking you a hundred questions and was legit gaymer is no longer there
>he used to casually talk about all kinds of vidya too so he was legit
>instead its some nu male half mexican or girl that doesnt give a shit about gayming nowadays

Fuck lads it all went south in less then 10 years

You have no idea. They played an end of day markleting vid that changes with the period when I was a manager there; and it's all corporate nonsense about number fluctuations and giving tips to increase sales.
Depending on the district you have to report end of day sales percentages and come up with a training plan to share with the DM if the numbers are too low.
Your hours get affected by percentage performance.
Fuck gamestop.

I work part time in gamestop since 5 years and i can tell you it got worse on the other side as well.

Holy shit how autistic can you get man? He just wants to make small talk and be friendly, if it gets to the point where you are so socially inept that you have to go to a different store just to not interact with someone then you have a severe problem.

no one ever bothers me at gamestop, I just tell them I'm looking around when they ask if I need help, and they usually leave me alone after that.

worst I've had lately was some guy trying to talk me into buying skyrim for switch, but even that wasn't really an issue. I talked to him for a bit then he went off and did some other shit. pretty much a non-issue.

>walk into gamestop
>kid behind the counter asks if I'm there to preorder the SWBF2 collector's edition
>laugh and say no
>he won't let it go and literally starts pestering me about buying SWBF2
>turn around without responding and walk out the door

First time I'd even gone into gamestop in years.

>go to game stop to buy a ps3 controller
>as soon as i walk in i hear "pickle rick!" over the tv
>Buy a pre owned ps3 controller
>go home to play mgs
>the controller doesn't fucking work
>bring it back
>they test it, "yep this controller's dead"
>swap it out for another ps3 controller
>i ask them to test it first
>it doesn't fucking work
>3rd controller
>this one finally works, but there's a catch.
Pic related

You better not take that thing on a camping trip, or you'll never be able to find it again.

OP stop being a lonely faggot that can't talk with human.

>people haven't personalized a debit card and started shopping for their games online yet
You don't even need to leave the house, just have your games delivered to you

Sure, it's their fault.
Avoidant Personality Disorder.

You got a controller that's like 80% invisible outdoors. That's a pretty good deal fag

if there's multiple customers they usually won't bother you. if you're the only person in the store or you and a friend are the only people browsing they always walk up to me and basically guide me through the whole purchase. i drop hints that i want to get back to browsing but they never take.

>went to my country's equivelent to Gamestop called Game Mania
>Want to sell some ps3 games
>The guy servicing me is confused why the games dont have manuals
>He had to ask the other guy if that's normal

A retail employee's job is to be nice to customers. NEVER choose a retail job based on how nice an employee is to you it won't be the same when you're on the other side of the business.
>t. Retail employee

>used to go to GameStop frequently
>got to know one of the clerks quite well, since he had similar taste in vidya
>whenever they were taking promotional displays down, he'd give me some of the posters and shit
Of course, this was before Gamestop went to shit and started making their employees promote products

but now he has to buy a camo skin for his ps3 and his tv

>Live near a Mcdonalds
>Cute new cashier gives me the looks she probably likes me
>Order 2 triple cheese burgers plus extra large fries and soda as usual
>Do this like 3 times a week every week
>She doesn't looks like she likes me anymore
>Start going to a different McDonald's so she doesn't think I'm some kind of fast food addict.

Fucking normies.

Working at gamestop sucks, but its better than being NEET. I’d say gove it a try if you ain’t working now.

ofcourse its your fault you useless piece of shit. buy a proper car your poor fucking faggot or learn how to fix these issues yourself.

holy shit. the things people will say to not face the reality is astonishing.

Give me 1 (one) reason why gamestop even exists anymore.
Don't we have steam and consoles their networks to buy games from? Fuck you

Consoles have bluray so the games can fit on disks still.