This is the ultimate portable arcade machine

this is the ultimate portable arcade machine

capcom arcade ports when?

>ultimate portable Neo-Geo machine

FTFY

pretty much.
It's fucking pathetic that it's been a year and there is still no sign of virtual console in sight.

>no windjammers
Not yet, but hopefully soon

unironically SOON

>No Alpha 2 netplay or Puzzle Fighter
For what purpose?

>Ultimate arcade machine
>Lacks a fucking dpad

>No dpad
>No virtual console in sight
>Ultimate portable arcade machine

?

>Implying arcades had D-pads

Besides there are controllers that do have a D-pad

>dpad
>arcade
???

I'm not using 4 face buttons for 2d movement faggots. Certainly not fucking using 4 face buttons for 2d movement and then having the absolute fucking gall to call it "ultimate"

Yeah, yeah, okay. Arcades still have no dpad.

Use the stick on the jyocon.

Real arcade games don't have dpads.

There exists a fightstick for the machine or you could buy a USB adapter to use your non-Switch fightstick on the thing if you have it hooked up to the dock.

>Implying dpads aren't better for handheld devices when you can't have a dedicated arcade stick
Analog sticks are fucking shit for 2D vidya (outside of something like Bust-a-Move obviously)
>Besides there are controllers that do have a D-pad
Cool I guess instead of using it as a handheld I'm gonna need to set it on a table to use somewhere instead. Really what's the point at that point? I might as well just bring a laptop and be able to use whatever controller I want

Also I'm telling you the amount of controller that work with the switch is stupid. Get the right kind of adapter and you can use a DualShock 4

>Real arcade games don't have dpads.
They don't have analog either retard.

The point is that it's much lighter to carry around than a laptop and easier to set up for local multiplayer if somebody else is interested.

Open your mind abit and think before you type.

>Also I'm telling you the amount of controller that work with the switch is stupid
Not the amount that work in handheld mode, retard.

>MUH ANALOG MUH DIGITAL
Grow up and stop crying kid.

How many games actually make use of the difference? Besides racing games I doubt many.

>Really what's the point at that point? I might as well just bring a laptop and be able to use whatever controller I want

The switch takes up less room. I travel for work every month and the switch is easy to transport even with a controller

They're gonna sell you a dpad joycon for 60 and you faggots are going to eat that shit up and defend them to hell and back for selling you back a fucking dpad.

Screencap this shit.

The irony being that the top selling game on Switch is the ACA VS Super Mario Bros game.

I brought a laptop and my DS3 with me when traveling and it wasn't hard at all

>Dude just play this 2d game with a stick
>Dude just don't play 2d games in handheld mode
The absolute state of switchtards.

>considers handheld mode the ultimate arcade experience
Who's the retard?

You either go tabletop or docked mode if you want the real arcade experience.

I won't lie. I would buy that however I will stand by my thought that is should have been standard.

Although to be fair adjust really quickly to the 4 buttons when playing Sonic Mania and I've beat that game more times then I can count.

>portable
>size of 4 gameboy pockets
>made of cheap easily damaged materials
>expensive
>not yet hacked
>short battery life
No... No lol

I played Sonic Mania like that and I don't remember it being an issue. Is it just people trying to find a literal non-issue to rationalize not owning a Switch?

>implying ANY 2D arcade games make proper use of digital vs analog

Also, is -tard the only insult you've got in your vocabulary?

I guess it's time to stop responding to neanderthals like you.

Cute, but irrelevant. Tabletop mode IS portable.

Handheld Mode is merely the single player version of the portability.

Nigger I own a Switch and dropped the 2D game I bought on it because the non dpad is pure ass.

It got dropped from a helicopter and still worked

>Tabletop mode IS portable.
So are laptops then but nobody ever seems to refer to them as portables
>Handheld Mode is merely the single player version of the portability.
U w0t m8

>Tabletop mode IS portable.

Not gonna lie, this also really bothers me. Hell, even Puzzle Fighter I can live without, but no A2 netplay is fucking absurd. A3 is fun at times but for the most part it's a wack-ass mess, whereas A2 is actually a really well-made FG.

Which Metal Slug game should I get?

>le goalpost move
Ironic coming from

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that it's a Mario game.

My fucking nigga

Arcade games are 2D and 2D games with no dpad are ass. It was NEVER an insinuation that arcades had dpads.

My goalposts are exactly where they were. You can't claim a machine is the ultimate arcade machine when it doesn't have a primary input for 2D games at all.

>ultimate portable machine
>2 hour battery and bigger than most fucking tablets

>Arcade games are 2D and 2D games with no dpad are ass. It was NEVER an insinuation that arcades had dpads.
>What is Model 2?

How could it be an ultimate arcade machine if it has a d-pad and not a stick?

Also this. Switch as far as I'm aware still has zero arcade sticks and only the pokken controller as far as fightan specific controllers but it lacks inputs it would need for something like street fighter

You are one sad sack of backpedaling shit. Why don't you just close the thread instead of digging yourself deeper with your horrendously transparent damage control?

The absolute state

You are a fucking idiot.

So they have 1 while everyone else is showered in choices? Ok.

>I'll be able to play third strike on a tablet with two serviceable controllers
Best timeline

You've been proven wrong, no need to act all assblasted and fake moral superiority.

>I'm aware still has zero arcade sticks
>btfo
>Starts back pedaling and moving the goal post.

Yeah yeah.

>Switch controllers
>Even serviceable for 2d plat
lmao

One arcade stick is hardly a strong case for yourself. The Wii had one type of compatible arcade stick and that pretty much killed and chance of fightan on the Wii getting any traction.

Metal Slug 3 is best Metal Slug.

Meanwhile the Switch has the most fighting games of any Nintendo machine and more on the way in the form of Blazblue Cross Tag Battle, SNK Heroines, Blade Strangers, likely DBZF after how well Xenoverse performed, etc.