What game would need to be made for you to buy a VR set?

What game would need to be made for you to buy a VR set?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/382360/John_Wick_Chronicles/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hardcore sex simulator of coursh

John Wick : Revengeance

fpbp

VRChat

Ace Combat but it's the whole game and not just a 20 minute tech demo mode

Dark souls

A lot of the ones already out were more than enough for me.

Best money I've ever spent on fun

A VR compatible flight sim, I think DCS already has some function with it.

Leaving memes aside, that image would be perfect for a static VR set because you control2 guns one with each hand and the "head" is a separate thing it would be awesome.

Realistic simulation of my specific weird internet kink. Entice me with that and I will lose my sense enough to buy a VR system.

Payday 2 in VR is exceptional, user

The Star Citizen that they've been promising but will never deliver.

once you've played Elite Dangerous in VR, you can never go back to pancake mode

Outlast VR. (first one, second one was shit)

and make it actually playable

VR Kanojo

a ton have full support, and some even have touch support. Couple of good flight games built from the ground up in vr too

prey

VR Fighter G Gundam

I'm fine with things progressing as they are, gonna buy VIVE Pro pack once it's available. Hope they make it a proper package with additional trackers and whatever.

I've tried elite dangerous but everything always looks blurry how do i fix it

>buy a ps4 and a switch
>get a vive and actually not die in like 5 years because I don't sit around all day

>IL2: Battle of Stalingrad
>with VR.
We need this.

A spoopy ghost game where I’m the ghost and my retarded flailing with the controllers translates to my bones snapping in weird directions or something. Bonus points if when the spooking is done I just chill in Hell or something between levels.

I already have a VR headset but I'd love a proper mech game. It seems like the perfect fit but nobody has done it.

Meanwhile I'll be happy with the excellent Serious Sam ports I guess.

Jack up the HMD Quality setting.

Dating simulator. None of that Summer Lesson bullshit that's confined to one room and over in a couple hours either. Full blown, eternal dating sim with a complete city thrown into it. Like Love Plus, where it flows on real time and you can celebrate christmas and other holidays with your virtual girlfriend/boyfriend. The city doesn't even have to be too big either but it must have all the dating essentials: amusement park, deparment store, beach, game center, etc. The devs would update it from time to time, either free or DLC, it doesn't fucking matter, with new characters and interactions.

I would, no joke, drop thousands of dollars on this if it ever got released. It is literally THE game I've been waiting for my entire fucking life.

Unironically grand theft auto 5 vr

One that feels like real-life, obviously. But that would be very unrealistic as of right now (and probably later on in life, honestly) so I would just settle with some sort of helmet that actually makes you feel immersed in the realm and some type of body suit.

It doesn't need a game, it needs a higher resolution and no wires.

VRChat. I upgraded from a GTX 550ti to a 970 so I could play. I've been on since Wednesday and now I want a rift.

For those of you who haven't experienced

store.steampowered.com/app/382360/John_Wick_Chronicles/
It's really short tho

this yet, now is the time to try it. The best part of VRC is that if you fuck up, you can go to another room and try again without consequence. I made one friend after a few attempts. He is an awkward guy and they've taken me to some hilarious server rooms. Turns out he's a true bro.

Yeah, Joy was great, the movie's message might have been that Joy was not so great, but she was still fucking great to me. The world was shit though, and that's one of my main points: you have to bring me to stylized world that's better than the current world. That's why I insisted on it having a city on it instead of just a single room.

Preferably it would be a fantastical world, one truly amazing that felt like something a picture Imperial Boy would draw or that other artist that draws the really comfy ones I forgot. But hey, so long as it's anywhere but here, I will take it.

Honestly I think in terms of games VR is doing pretty well, it just has to be cheaper.

ARMA.

THEY HAVE THIS HOW DO YOU NIGGERS NOT JUST TRY GOOGLING

seriously this thread is full of "wow if x game had vr support that would be amazing" and at least 50% of them fucking do

Oculus + Touch costs less than a good monitor and comes with some free games too. You can't really complain too much about the price at this point.

its a premium experience that requires at bare minimum a 1060, how cheap do you need it to be?

My rift cost less than half the price of my GPU

It's literally the single most impactful addon to pc gaming, it becomes the gaming platform rather than just a peripheral like kinect or some bullshit

Just check out the vr subreddits for all the "about to buy vr am I wasting my money?" followed by "I just set it up and holy shit this was so much better than I hoped"

Only people who dont have it yet think its overpriced

>the movie's message might have been that Joy was not so great

what
Joi's entire purpose was to demonstrate that even a simple waifu AI can grow beyond its limitations, mirroring and inspiring K's decision to do the same

i should have, i got a shitty cell phone VR headset working with steamVR and im blown away by the quality of even that

war thunder is fucking sick in VR

i would buy it now if i wasnt broke but i am now

wont be for much longer though im sure

u gon be excited

positional tracking makes you go from "neat I can look in every direction" to "holy fucking shit I am in this world right now"

It's bonkers friend, well worth saving up for

I'll admit I don't have it yet, I've only seen youtube videos of it but obviously that can't possibly convey the real thing.

VR Microsoft Solitaire.

There are multiple interpretations of Joi around, you know? Some people think that scene and how she repeats some of the lines she said earlier to K are supposed to mean K was a stupid fag for believing he could have had a genuine relationship with an AI and that he should have had pursed a relationship with genuine people. It's a deep kino.

>Some people think that scene and how she repeats some of the lines she said earlier to K are supposed to mean K was a stupid fag
Those people are wrong.
That's the very scene where K realizes that if his Joi could act beyond her programming, so could he.
He then immediately betrays both his owner and the shitty rebels to Go His Own Way.

A gundam VR game,or any full on Mecha game, come on japan this anime is begging for a VR tie in.

Jesus user, if you think there's one objective story/moral/perspective on this shit, you're more retarded than most of the shitposters on here.

I'll accept that it's your interpretation, but if you think its anything even resembling objective, you're fucking dumb

Shit's not deep, you dumb pedophile.
The movie is incredibly simple and straightforward, that's why audiences found it so boring overall.

what the fuck is going on here

okay user

Hope u got a VR Zone arcade nearby senpai

evangelion
and if you can strangle asuka then 110% I'd buy it

a VR MYST

Mecha cockpit, the girls conciseness transfers to the mecha while the guy pilots her.

project argyle.

there's a fucking ton of those

I can think of at least a half-dozen excellent myst-like VR titles

Game where you shrink around qt's/has giantesses.

mech cockpit simulation where you cant see shit, dont know what 3/4s of the buttons do and are dropped into a complete cluster fuck. wouldnt mind a gundam style cockpit either with the 360 view and the feed getting cut if parts of your mech get destroyed.

I already a VR set, but I would really like a kaiju or mecha game. I recently tried faping to Size Box based on a recommendation from a previous VR thread. Seeing an anime girl stomping through a city made my desire to protect the Earth grow stronger than my desire to fap.

I haven't seen anything quite this retarded in a long while now

What do you expect from gainax being gainax once more.

War Thunder, except the players play the tank crews rather than playing the tanks.

i.e. each player plays a role in the tank (gunner, loader, driver, etc.)

Aren't players who have VR at a disadvantage compared to players who don't have it in shooting games?

A properly made Mech game or a Mechwarrior game with shittons of controls and MP

VTOL VR

Which is why most shooting games are either VR only or non-VR only, and even those that have both only let you play with people who have the same thing as you (i.e. VR plays with VR, non-VR plays with non-VR)

They both already have VR modes also

>Waving the arrow
>Not using it like a shiv
Nigger didn't even try.

Depends on the game. Certain things VR would do better, especially in short range stuff with lots of cover. Like rainbow six would be VR-dominated.

Other games, either fast paced like UT or long range like ARMA, pc would win.

There are pros and cons to both, but generally pc would do better. vr is for immersion, not competitive gaming

HOWEVER that doesnt mean competitive shooters wouldnt work in VR, they just couldnt be cross platform.

No multiplayer shooters allow both on one server; I dont think that will change, they're very different.

Not the same thing.

Congratulations on having the best fetish user

good vr games list:
thumper
gal gun
rez
redout

A game like Myst without retardedly cryptic puzzle solving.

Preferably a scifi setting exploring ancient alien structures, kinda like Metroid Prime.

Exploration and puzzle solving oriented, wouldnt mind if it has no combat or shootan.

Is this a particularly common thing around here?

I had no idea that was a thing, looks pretty cool.
I've been "thinking" about getting into VR this year, which is the first time I've done so since the Oculus released. But I dunno, still feels like a big investment that could be used for like 10 regular games.

VR is real cool but a lot of the games are on the short side, for example there is the inpatient a VR horror set in the Until Dawn universe and it only took two hours to finish my first run through.

Assertive women are my fetish.

Almost every SP game in vr has torrents available.

Just buy a handful of good MP games, pirate the rest and you're golden. Plus the games go on sale for 75% off at least 3 or 4 times a year

Everyone who buys it has the same "oh god thats a lot of money maybe it isnt worth it" thing, and everyone who finally takes the plunge has a "holy shit this was so worth the money" moment shortly after setting it up

But make sure to torrent a lot. Plenty of really short games. Plus the free games included with oculus are great.

Tonight on things I never knew I wanted, this post.

The way she says darling is so boner inducing.

how does oculus compare to vive? I really wanted to wait until vive pro released so i could maybe pick up an original vive on the cheap, plus that is getting a wireless accessory soon

Literally this

Godus but with naked women worshipers

did he died??

They're almost identical, but have a few very slight differences. For the average consumer, they are not even remotely different.

The vive has a slightly better fov, but a stronger screen door effect and more lens glare. The controllers are also ass compared to oculus. However, if you have a very large space, the tracking is better. In average rooms the tracking is identical, but if you want a huge space thats like 3mx4m, you'll need an extra sensor for oculus (70 bucks), whereas the stations will be fine with vive.

Oculus on the other hand is cheaper, has a better screen, better lenses, and comes with some really good free games. However, if you want a big space, you'll need extension cables for everything and potentially another sensor. The touch controllers are amazing though.

Personally, I think oculus is the way to go having tried both, and most seem to agree. Oculus is ahead by almost every metric besides cable management and tracking in really large areas (but we're talking garage-sized. A bedroom or living room will be absolutely fine)

You won't go wrong with either one, but most people into vr will probably buy gen 2 when it comes out, so you might as well spend less on what many would argue is a better system

tl;dr - either one, but oculus is a much better deal and overall is a better experience, you just need to buy extension cords for it and deal with cable clutter

Giantesses are the thinking man's fetish. I mean, you got this girl you like, and then she's giant, so there's much more of the thing you like. It's just simple math.

an X-Wing or TIE Fighter game that's as good as the originals.

Nah he was okay, bear just shoved him over then ran away

Don't forget where you are. Any one thread you go into will be shared by people who browse /d/. This one fetish in particular just happens to work out well for VR. Using Waifu Sex Simulator to increase the size of girls and trying to be creative with the available animations has been really amazing even if it is slightly clunky to use.

>weeb mech design

western mechs are the only good mechs, jap shit looks gay as fuck and made for 12 year old edgelords who love colours and oversized pointy shit

thanks for all the info, I'll probably end up buying a headset if my crypto stops sucking dick

Subnautica is already out tho

Surprised bear attacked him at all, black ones are total pussies.

>What game would need to be made for you to buy a VR set?

They would need to invent VR first.

>Want to buy a Vive
>everyone tells me to wait for the vive pro
>its probably gonna be like $2000 or some insane shit
any vrfags got advice on this
I wanna play modded skyrim in VR incredibly badly and lose myself in a virtual world for the first time

No game will sell me on this generation of VR.

So long as VR setups are a cancerous nightmare of unergonomic cable management and sensors and shit, I'll skip.
Wireless image feed isn't impossible but it'll take years until VR gets to that tech level.

And even then, the massive open space needed is just garbage.

>buying VR for Skyrim

vive pro is gonna be good, but it's closer to gen 1 than gen 2. It's like gen 1.25

Might as well just buy oculus or vive base, sell in 2019 for $200 when gen 2 headsets come out, and have fun that way. If you fork out the dough for a vive pro (unless you're rich), you're gonna be upset when gen 2 comes out like a year later, head and shoulders above both gen 1 and gen 1.25

wireless is already here. Gen 2 will be wireless in 2019, I guarantee it. Agreed current cable management is no good. Vive is better, but even then it's certainly a clutter.

I personally just run my cables behind the wall, but I get why thats not worth it for a lot of people