Daily reminder that when you get in your mid-late 20s you're going to regret spending so much time on MMOS, jrpgs...

Daily reminder that when you get in your mid-late 20s you're going to regret spending so much time on MMOS, jrpgs, ASSFAGGOTS, and other no skill games and wish you put that time in something that wasn't pointless grinding and actually required skill, like a fighting game or arena shooter.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

I played FFXI for years and regret absolutely nothing
You're probably an expired WoWfag

>learning how to play arena shooters, a dead-ass genre nobody plays and with literally zero chance of seeing a rennaisance
Talk about wasting time.

I'm past my mid 20s and I don't know that feel

>Daily reminder that when you get in your mid-late 20s you're going to regret spending so much time on MMOS, jrpgs, ASSFAGGOTS, and other no skill games and wish you put that time in something that wasn't pointless grinding and actually required skill, like a fighting game or arena shooter.
Lies. Playing mmorpg was great.

I'm picking up fighting games at 25 how fucked am I?

My dream has been to own a japanese candycab. They're so fucking good looking. I actually have a working monitor out of an Egret II, just not cabinet to put it in

Finding this kind of shit in the deep south US is fucking impossible

its impossible anywhere that isn't CA, faggot
they have ALL the cabs. the only stuff i can find in my area is refurbished cabs for like 3k and shit no one wants, ie, megatouch

You know, at this point, why not build your own?
It's a TV in a case with controllers that you can build yourself.

It was just the opposite for me. All I want are more games that blend JRPG exploration and storylines with fighting game battles. Kind of like the Tales series or even some of those 360 Naruto games, but more fighting-game-first, JRPG-second.

I picked them up when I was 20, almost 22 now and I'm ok at super turbo. Not good, not tournament worthy, but I can hold my own a lot. I think you're fine if you're willing to play like 3 hours a day to make up the lost time.

they're only like a grand to 1500$ dude, prob another 500 for shipping, not like that's a huge wad of cash

Not him but look at that damn thing. I want one too (in AZ), but not a piece of shit MDF box with a rpi in it. There's a little bit of a difference.

ugh those fucking ls-32's

jdcr picked up tekken at like 27 and hes a top player

>wasting all that time on vidya when you could be putting it into a lucrative hobby instead

It's not too late, anons.

I've been past my mid-late 20s for a while now bruv.

jap joysticks are for tiny asian manlets who stand at 5'4

I don't just want a generic arcade cabinet, I want a japanese candycab, with that sleek aesthetic and the awesome rotating monitor mechanism for vertical shmups. I have no idea how I would 'just make one'

I can't find any that will ship, they're all local pick up only. I'm not driving a freight truck from GA to CA. Not anytime soon anyway

I'm in my late 20's and I play both. But I have to agree that at a point it becomes more about grinding that playing the game at that point you need to find a different game.

>I don't just want a generic arcade cabinet, I want a japanese candycab, with that sleek aesthetic and the awesome rotating monitor mechanism for vertical shmups. I have no idea how I would 'just make one'
only a couple have the easily rotatable monitor like the egret 2 and they command a big premium compared to the others

Picking up fighters at 28 with Tekken 7 and now DBFZ, best timeline

Tekken taught me well enough now I can body people in DB

I thought those were rhythm game cabinets at first, and I almost did felt bad.

But then I realized you were taking about fighting games, who the fuck would want to waste time on those?

>rhythm game

Its okay to have a low iq user but its not okay to be bitter

>put effort into a fighting game
>it's deader than Melty Blood in a few years

somehow I want to place rhythm game autists at an even lower rung than fighting game players since their game is literally one long QTE and all skill comes from muscle memory since the song beatmap never changes

Good thing fighting games have similar controls, einstein

I'm 23 and already regret spending so much time playing games.
Now I just spend time installing them, buying more storage for them, copying them over, etc.

>doing a qcf is all you need to be tournament level good

Do you even play fighters?

>fighting games
>having to memorize a bunch of bullshit before you even start playing

Yeah no, I'm not in school anymore, I don't want to do homework before I get to have fun.

friendly reminder that rhythm games are 10x more satisfying and offer a clearer sense of progression than any fighting game, where you can waste 1000 hours getting good at beating the computer and still get wasted by some korean shithead who cares more than you

>22 years
>Grinding for plat trophy in FF13
>Get bored
>Try to decide to play T7 or SFV while waiting for DBFZ later this week
You described my life

Memorize what? All you need to know is timing, distance and reaction. Block, punish and counter.

play more shmups nut don't become au

All I want to do is beat a few people online. Can't I enjoy both?

I saved up 100k doing nothing but working and playing WoW for years. Suck it.

naaahh you're just a faggot lol

>someone saved and used my throwaway image I made while bored at work one afternoon.

For once, I can actually agree with something Sup Forums says. Fighting games seem to getting popular again, nothing on horizon for arena shooters, tho.
Also, there's nothing wrong with proper single player games like roguelikes or grand strategies, wrpgs are mostly nostalgia fuel.

89k here, all I play are fighters. Maybe our comparative example really proves OP wrong.

t. jive player

>play a little bit of everything
>less than $400 in my checking account
>don't even have a savings account

It's great, thank you for making it.

What the fuck is a jive player?

street fighter jive

>no savings account
>throwing free money away
Should start one as soon as you can, user.

Fighting games are too difficult to learn and there aren't any fun resources to learn them. I don't want to read books I want to play games. I'm not going to go into how fighting games suck dick (there are exceptions) because they seem to go out of their way to not teach you anything and throw you in the game (and fgc cocksuckers love this trial by fire because they think scraping info from SRK posts or whatever those old faggots did is some meaningful right of passage) but I'm old and barely have time to do anything these days

Any time your game requires me to burn hours just learning the mechanics to even get above the lowest rank completely on my own is trash. Cross ups, frame data, frame traps, meaties, wake up, throw loops, etc etc I'm not going to spend my time obsessing over all this shit. I'm not 15 any more.

I don't get it

Nice strawman, noob

>there aren't any fun resources to learn them
There was this one video website made in 2005/2006 that has a bunch of great resources, user.

you don't need to be tournament level good you tryhard shit

The twitch skills are usually retained if you get good enough so you'll be alright in over watch or csgo

>beatmap
Still more skill than flowchart combos

Oh don't give me that bullshit of you not having any time and that you're old because i'm old too, hell I even play Quake Champions and Guilty Gear with a fucking 80 year old pensioner. You're also absolutely wrong about fighting games not teaching you shit these days, if anything you have far more better in-game resources for learning about anything in a fighting game these days with the practice modes and move lists and even further options to check for hitboxes and frames. That's shit we didn't have in the old days unless someone spent like days parsing all the data manually by hand. The things that I would have had to spend learning months in any fighting game can now be learned within a day or week max.

I'm 27, and I don't give a fuck about any of those genres

ok a pleb and a brainlet stick to fucking yooka laylee or some shit retard

I regret spending so much time playing fighting games if anything. It's really not worth it if you don't live in a large city.

>mid-late 20s
>caring about videogame skills

yea ill definitely regret not doing the same exact thing in the same exact game with a different title that releases every goddamn year. fuck off i regret doing it with fps games through my middle/high school years. multiplayer games are trash tier degenerate garbage

>casually playing video games
>at any age

>don't you wish you didn't aquire this pointless skill so you could aquire this pointless skill - the argument

>mid-late 20s
>reaction and ability to rationalize already declining
Well, there's nothing wrong with focusing on career or other hobbies, but we're on Sup Forums.

because if you're going to waste your life playing videogames you may as well play more respectable games that actually use your mind and develop hand-eye coordination instead of just pressing "next"

That's just like, your opinion man

>tfw landed work bringing up Street Fighter during interviews
Shit goes a long way so long as you relate it to goal setting, proactiveness, overcoming barriers, and friendly competition. Granted you should probably still have some real marketable skills to back it up, shit should be an aside should any "what can you tell me about yourself that I wouldn't get from looking at your resume" type question. Likewise always try to turn the interview into a conversation early on, if these people are just asking you questions, you might as well just walk out the building.

>more respectable games

Theres no such thing as a respectable game.

why mention games if the job you're applying at has nothing to do with games?
unless you're applying to work at an arcade or something

They don't use your mind or develop decent skills besides being better at fighting games. Just because you memorized how to dragon punch doesn't mean you're going to magically unlock the power to memorize something useful, like a language.

>marvel 2
>Japanese sticks
Disgusting

What the fuck am I meant to converse about? I feel like people can always tell when I'm feigning interest.

At some point you might learn japanese in order to get that sweet tech from jap twitter. Or just, you know, wait for someone to do it for you.

If you're going to waste your life, do it with whatever you want. You're already wasting it so why care about hand-eye coordination or whatever "skill" you think a videogame will give you? what are you going to do with your vidya acquired superpowers? waste your life harder?

>you just memorize the whole thing
>the beatmap never changes
>beatmap

I can't tell if it's normie phoneposters or people trying their hardest to bait anymore
Either way fucking kys faggot

Nowadays, you need to be good at fighting games in order to get an east asian girlfriend. Drop your eye sore moba shit and pick up the genre that actually matters

ok let be real Sup Forums.

people who spend alot of time on mmorpgs are usually the kind of people who are not in the sexual market to begin with. socially inept, ugly, short, too old, or gay rumors spreading, what ever is preventing you involuntarily is what it is.

that being said, op is kind of right that being engaged in something that has no productive value will hinder you absent of any gain. so instead of spending you time escaping the problem you could be finding ways to grind in real life and make some profit and actually trade that profit for hookers and drugs if you wish and improve your quality of life that would have otherwise been there if you werent ugly.

then again, the market for video games is still new and there are suprisingly new ways to do things to actually make a profit in a niche market.
some user discussed making 3d penises for a mmo and profited nicely. another discussed making plush my little ponys that sell very well on eBay; all of this wouldn't have happened had they never been exposed to becoming familiar with the alternative and lived life partying, moving up corporate ladder, and fucking stacys. to basically put it, there are fresh new markets untouched by chads and stacies that haven't been saturated by the "normies".

>alot

stopped reading there

I wish i can go to an arcade place like this...oh well one day i will go to japan and experience the arcade there

Because 1) people have common interests in shit that isn't just work. People want to hire someone they will enjoy working with, and anyone who isn't 70 years old has even remote knowledge or experience playing at least the popular games. Know who you're talking to and don't go full power level. And 2) Shit can be used to access how you will be as an employee. Shit like learning a fighting game, studying patterns, working your way at being better at them, shows drive and determination. It's about relating something not work related to being something useful about you as a potential hire. It's not just videogames I'll mention, I'll also talk about rock climbing or whatever. Half of getting work is communicating, and half of communicating comes from knowing who you're talking to (and thus steering the conversation towards something they may relate to, even at a fundemental level).

It's every bit as wonderful as you think it is. Just make sure to go to the more populated FG arcades, usually in basements.

>stopped

>Shit like learning a fighting game, studying patterns, working your way at being better at them, shows drive and determination.
Because thats exactly what 99% of employers will think of when you mention videogames. Get real.

Who cares about about gf, you have make buppa accept you as his own son.

>playing shitty fighting games that always play out the same and are rage-inducing for thousands of hours

Fuck off, even if you were really good at it you'd still be poor and unknown. I don't play games for my ego you fucking loser.

But the fighting game genre only matters if you live in east asia. Nobody in the US plays it at anywhere near the level of those countries.

You don't go into the interview with this as your main talking point, user. This is only something to bring up as the things coming to a close. While you're getting to know them a bit more. Granted, you need to have the socialness to back it up, but I've even discussed my own art or something at interviews where that wasn't the exact work, and it gets people talking because it teaches them something unique about you.

Talking about your art, the sports you play, places you have been to, experiences you have had etc. will probably help you, but videogames is not something that most people consider productive or respectable. Say "videogames" and most will think that you're a grown man that plays with toys. Unless the interviewer explicity stated that he enjoys vidya I wouldn't bring it up, ever.

Then when you get into your 30s and your reaction times go to shit it won't make any difference.

This pretty much

user, I've had plenty of work, and I make a great living currently. I'm not about to have you lecture me on what's respectable or productive. Anything that makes you stand out from any other applicant is a good thing, so long as you also have the resume/reel/portfolio to back you up. If it's child's play in your eyes, than don't bother. But most everyone is aware of brand's like Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat, at worse, they'll maybe ask you to clarify what you mean, at best they'll say some stupid shit like "oh wow, I play fifa."

If you're not selling yourself well to begin with, don't bother. But having your attitude going in already proves that you're unable to adapt to people without your preconceived notions.

funny you should mention. i turned 31 recently and have stopped playing games like mmo's and focus more on games like l4d or sc2. points for a profile shouldnt be your motivation to play a game

if I run into some money soon, i'll definitely try my hand at putting together a vf3 cab.

>vf3

that's literally like the worst virtua fighter game, that game is dogshit compared to evo ft 5r ver c or fs, nobody likes it

I don't listen to brainlets, sorry.

any vf player will shit on vf3, it's complete kusoge compared to vf4 evolution

the japs don't think that, sorry.

But I am in my mid-late 20s and my only regret is that I fell for the college meme.

they do, it's why they play final tuned and final showdown almost exclusively

they hated 3 because it had korean backdash and they thought it made the neutral dumb

>Oh don't give me that bullshit of you not having any time
You missed literally the entire point of his post. He doesn't care about the time. He cares that the time needed isn't fun.

gonna need proof on that, seems like they still have tournaments for vf3.

>user, I've had plenty of work, and I make a great living currently.
I own two properties and work for a well established law firm. I went to the interview thinking of making myself stand out by talking about various things and landed the job. Had I gone on a diatribe about how videogames improve reflexes and teamwork I would have been laughed out of the place. I did go on a diatribe about teamwork and leadership, but not by using videogames as an example because that was career suicide. If videogames is the only thing you have that makes you stand out then the problem is on your side, there are thousands of safer options to use on a job interview.