How are you guys liking the new DLC?

How are you guys liking the new DLC?

I'm on turn 40ish and dominating as settra, might up the difficulty but so far so good,

wish they would rework the old factions to give them as much to do as these new ones but its probably not worth it to creative assembly

Bump

Which difficulty setting are you using?

I'm playing on normal because i'm a faggot

Kys

I've basically captured all the desert bits of NotAfrica. Settra has an all-monster army because it's goddamn hilarious.

I really love watching the Warsphinx jump into a full unit of infantry and seeing them utterly disintegrate.

I'm waiting for mods to be updated. I can't play without mods anymore.

T-They'll crack it soon... r-right anons?

What the fuck is that thing on the right?

> mfw pic related

Setta is fun.
Basic infantry for the KANGZ is weak as shit but recruiting 9 of them every 2 turns for free means you can keep churning out your garbage units.
Unless you're retardedly outnumbered, every early game fight can be won by sending in your kitty cat to bumrush the retard orcs and have your chariots and garbage infantry clean up behind it.

what game

Total warhammer 2

how far are you? fights actually get a bit more interesting later on, actually have to strategize and shit,

I kind of like the whole books of nagash things as it keeps me on a path to keep on exploring but also on a path I want because theres nine of em

Turn 70 or so. By the time running my cat into the enemy wasn't enough, I was able to back it up with Ushabti and Ushabti archers, the latter of which are fucking nutso

only have the ushabti so far but theyre fucking insane at shredding up the enemy infantry, also are there still challenging fights that far on, I'm afraid im gonna start steamrolling very soon

Plenty of fights are still hard. Dwards and lizards are fucking pains in the ass to fight. But against other kangz, undead, and orcs, most fights are easy once you start rolling out constructs.

I'm in turn 130-something and am steamrolling, but that's because I play on easy like a wimp.

Install linux if you really want to play it for free.

>Lizards are pains in the ass
oh good so Khalida is going to be a fucking nightmare

I can't imagine Elves of either flavor being much easier, either

Oh yeah. I started out as Khalida first and I couldn't do shit against the lizards early game. If they have a dinosaur they will fucking destroy you.

but user, they're all dinosaurs!

Basically, Lizards are like the anti kangz faction.
Basic saurus will outfight everything up to your elite infantry and even then it's an even fight
Skinks will flank and skirmish you
dinosaurs have to be met with monstrous units
And their magic can fuck you up. It's actually fun since it feels so damn uphill.

Why dont you switch to normal user?

Dwarfs too. Now their infantry can take chariots charge and laugh at it while crossbows and artillery destroy your infantry and take a toll on your construct

fucking Dwarfs, they make way too many factions unfun to play

nerf fucking when

you ever try playing as them?

yes

i would say yes, not this version tho

did you like it? I've been considering a dwarf campaign but idk

it's a bit easy, especially if you play as Grombrindal

I guess it's fun if you like utterly dominating the Badlands Bowl

Cause I get too caught up in watching cool close-ups of battles and forgetting to actually fight them

Not like they don’t have fun stuff. Early on using grenades and rangers are pretty cool, but it’s just straight up worse than spamming basic infantry and crossbows

Their late game units are nice though, gunpowder has a great feel to it

It's pretty good. They work oddly similarly to the Skaven with the major usage of disposable units. I really like the constructs, however, and they make the TK kind of like a mix of the Skaven and Lizardmen. But yeah, it's a shame the WH1 races are going to be largely ignored aside from the occasional balance update. They need shit akin to the rites. It'll be the same for WH3 I imagine.

You literally buttfuck everything except chaos. Chaos can be a bit iffy since it has better artilery and really high quality units.

Not really. Dwarf cannons snipe Hellcannon really fast. They also has one of the best AP firepower (handguns, torpedoes, organ guns) to destroy Chaos’s slow armored units

Wait did they change the range, i swear last time i played hellcannons outranged my cannons. I agree with handguns/torpedoes/organ guns, but since chaos appears only on occasion i feel like i have to remake my whole armies when chaos drops by, since quarrelers and grudge throwers feel so much more effective otherwise.

WHO /HORNED RAT/ HERE

What's the point of bretonia
They're just a lamer empire

to see if you really can win every fight in the game with only cavalry

and/or becoming Warhammer America with your air force

muh honor
muh lady

Is it a good idea to not use riflemen as the empire and instead only use outriders since it's easier to maneuver with them?

>downloading it atm
>mfw 6,2 gigabytes

Now you know why they got the squat

I really fucking hate cavalry desu

then Bretonnia is clearly not for you

OUT OF THE WAY NOBLEMEN
PEASANT COMING THROUGH!

i hate fighting them but god, do i love using them

especially on those Wood elf cunts. cant out run cavalry now can you knive ear tree fucker!

"puts you to Death and rapes your sisters"

>Publicly hang you for looking at some shiny asshole's horse
Noblemen, swerve.

>gets trees to beat you to death

How do I play Vampires?

>40 gb free
>wouldn't install

Vampirely.
But seriously: Grave Guard and Therrorgheists and you are good to go.

Rush Zombies, Skeletons and Grave guards towards people with chariots in the vicinity

Then smashes their asses with Knights, Varghulf and Vargheist

you destroy your enemies moral and make then run away. have your commanders use spells that lowers moral and try kill the enemy commander as fast as possible

keep your units close toghater so they dont fall apart and dont worrry about them dying. you can raise new ones asap.

GW thought they need a medieval fantasy faction in case people don’t like Renaissance HRE

how useful are the Tomb King heroes?

WE

crusading is fun
i just wish they were updated for ME to have options to crusade against the new world races

Any other poorfags like me just enjoying the new skaven hero we got?

I honestly enjoy the starting position more than anything.

This

Not him but they nerfed hellcannons.

How do I git gud at the combat aspect of total war

I knew it, thanks user, i knew that hellcanons used to fuck my dorfs up for some reason. I have not played dorfs in a while though so thanks for confirming my suspicions there.

First thing I did the update landed was play Tretch, currently nibbling on Malekith's bones

I play on normal with anti-agent mods dont even sweat it bro

i fucking love tomb kings, they're my fav warhammer faction and their representation in this game is just perfect

This DLC should get GOTY desu

>tfw hierotitan

What the fuck is the point of the laboratory?

To destroy your CPU.

Intel CPU marketing. For some reason the game runs like shit on Intel since tgat

>TFW your ushabti archers murder the fuck out of anything from half the map

mah nigga that i'm going to stab in the back tommrow

Azorae is awesome tho

Same. I love skellies and egyptian shit really interests me, so me loving TKs is a no-brainer. Their lore and characters are also pretty interesting.

post Khemri TV

Crusading is shit desu. It should work like that one from medieval 2. Now it's just some shitty quest battle you launch that's completely disconnected from what's going on on campaign map. Shit is immersion breaking and limiting since you can only launch it against snowniggers and greenskins.

TCA are learning. There's a good variety of starting locations and flavors of lords, plus the new Skaven lord is neat too.

link

Dont you mean TCA interns are learning, it be time to swap them out soon so we go back to zero.

I stand corrected.

DLC team is better. Compared Skarsnik and the goblins units that come with him to the orc units