Doki doki LITERATURE club

>doki doki LITERATURE club
>every day is just fucking poetry

this game legitimately haunts me.

Not the distorted, glitchy shit, but the way it presented these characters as these one-dimensional stereotypes, then developed and fleshed them out in really nuanced, brilliant ways while building this unsettling atmosphere only to really stab you in the gut when the tension reaches its height. The meta reduction of these characters as simply mindless video game characters was only further salt in the wound.

>doki doki LITERATURE club
>the writing is so bad it makes generic moege look like Dostoyevsky

Are you legitimately trying to use semantics to say poetry is not literature you insipid mongoloid.

But Literature isn't JUST Poetry you mongrel faggot

>missing the point this hard

No I am saying it should've just been called the Doki doki POETRY club, home boy.

The poems and the literature part were done quite well, even though it wasn't much.

GOTY for the love of all that is holy

The poems were really great. Subtle and unsettling. 'Bottles' made me feel so uneasy.

Kind of wish there was like a 'flash fiction' day though. A lot of untapped potential there for eerie short stories.

>manga is literature

Only Monika

This part made my wee wee hard

Probably because poems were more thematically appropriate for what they were supposed to accomplish, plus they're short. They could have used a similar system to create "short stories" but then you'd also have to read four other short stories every day, or at least the highlights.

>Doestoevsky
Literally compulsory school shit here in Russia. Is it really considered 'MUH PATRICIAN LITERATURE' in the world?

He’s a great writer, but 99% of the time if you see his name on Sup Forums it’s usually being namedropped by some intellectual poser. The biggest sign of someone who doesn’t read is if they pretend to only read “classic” 19th to 20th centruy literature and that everything else is below them

I don't get how people get so shocked with this game, it happens just like with Understale.
Earthbound did what Understale did
So did lots of games long before Doki Doki Literature.

Still tho, great game! Pretty well done, but honestly I waited a better ending.

It's a cute lil game, but you don't have to forcefully falseflag-post it months later just to get the autists of Sup Forums to hate it.

>when you feel in love with Yuri then later on she is some dark sicko bitch that loves knives
>kills herself in act 2 after i confessed my love for her

False flag post it? What does that mean?

it's just a game

Natsuki is best girl btw

>Skyrim
>You're never at the rim of the sky

You read with Natsuki or Yuri though. Only Sayorifags gets no literature, because choosing her symbolizes not developing as a person or something stupid like that.

I want to spread Natsuki's ass and smell her loli anus

Now that I completed the game, I was seriously fucked over, and now I put Monika into my USB drive.

Yuri is best girl

Sayori's suicide fucked me up. Not instantly at first, but it was the most lasting thing that stayed with me after the game ended.

Not sure if it affected everyone in the same way. I don't suffer from intense depression myself, but I have an insatiable attraction to damaged females, probably brought on by a lengthy, abusive relationship with a suicidal girl. I was romancing Natsuki but changed to Sayori half way through when I saw how much her character touched something inside me. Her end was heart breaking.

>You literally sit there and watch her rot for 48-72 in game hours.

Little touches like that really stayed with me.

you can take entire classes just on Crime and Punishment in the states

NO
O

This.

bro

I mean, it is

It's kinda shocking the first time you play it I guess but even Monika said how it's all just a game and you're bound to get over it

>He didn't name himself after a famous poet
Explain

It gets worse when you remember that dead bodies are the worst smelling shit in the world

No user, Natsuki isn't for that

She's unironically a sick freak

Sayori is so cute even with a gun