>2018
>Shitters STILL complaining about weapon durability
>In a game that floods you with weaponry
>Durability and damage scales with the enemies you face. Dangerous enemies have dangerous weapons

Boohoo your flimsy tree branch broke.

Other urls found in this thread:

gamebanana.com/members/submissions/skins/1592820
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>not just playing on CEMU and editing the durability scales
feels good man, combined with a few mods it actually starts feeling like Zelda again

Faggot

i can smell the fedora trough that post

>Fags still complaining about weapon durability

Does no one realize that weapon durability is what gives every weapon you find in the game some sort of value?

It fixed the problem that TES and other games have in that they give you a ton of useless shit you don't actually use.

>Weapon breaks after only a handful of enemies despite being one of the strongest weapons you had
>Spend a solid 10 seconds going through the 6 foot long inventory bar to take out the next weakest weapon you own
>Repeat every 2 minutes

Have you tried not locking yourself in an autistic mind prison?

seething

Skyrim is literally better than this but you will never admit it

Not him, don't own the game, but is this not what happens? It seems like from talking to people this is kind of the consensus on what happens.

>lol, just steal and cheat like I do
don't worry user, you'll be a functioning member of society one of these days

>xenoblade chronicles
What???

>Master Sword only fixes durability once you use up all its charge
>No way to preemptively start the cooldown without flailing it around and breaking it
That's pretty much my only real problem

>kill lynel
>get strong as shit weapons
>fight nothing else the entire game

By playing zelda on a binging wahoo machine?

Not only is cemu a broken fucking mess with no gyro contrils, as per usual PCbros fuck the original vision of the game beyond all recognition with mods and grafik packs. What a bunch of degenerates. Superior version everyone.

>Players aren't happy with how the game turned out
>Actually do something about it instead of bitching all the time or acting like the game is perfect
>Degenerates
I sure fucking love 20fps of the Wild mate

>free to change any issues someone has with the game that are easily fixable
>this is a bad thing

>Durability and damage scales with the enemies you face. Dangerous enemies have dangerous weapons
it's super easy to get an OP weapon from a lizalfos or moblin though
and once you got one you're good to kill a ton of shit with just that for a full inventory of mid tier weapons

When I steal a weapon from a dude and it breaks before I kill him I have to winder what he's doing carrying around a weapon he couldn't even fucking kill himself with

Don't get me started on how much steel you have to break over a fucking Lynel to kill it

I like this game but durability is WAY too fucking low

That's how it went for me, for sure

LMAO

>autistically mod in Thomas the Tank Engine and Venom skins and your favorite lolis and nerf everything that made you cry
>"I am playing the game as it was meant to be played"
Lol

>playing doom
>sweet the super shotgun!
>shoot! shoot! shoot!
>oh no more ammo
>well whatever there is weapon ammo everywhere!
>best game ever!

>playing botw
>sweet a flame sword!
>swing! swing! swing!
>FUCK IT BROKE!
>Sure the enemies I just killed with my flame sword did drop another flame sword in addition to half a dozen other weapons
>BUT FUCK THIS GAME! FUCK WEAPON DURABILITY! WORST MECHANIC EVER! HOW DARED THEY!? I TAKE THIS AS A PERSONAL INSULT! GOOD GAME MY ASS!

// - Sup Forums

>comparing weapon durability to ammo
>when BotW has ammo
that was retarded. no (You) for you

The game already has bows that have ammo, not to mention most enemies will drop weapons that are weaker than what you were using.

>implying only goofy mods exist
gamebanana.com/members/submissions/skins/1592820

>not to mention most enemies will drop weapons that are weaker than what you were using.
Except that most enemies drop weapons that are just as strong as the one you're using. Unless you go around exclusively using Lynel or Ancient weapons.
But in the case of you having a Lynel or Ancient weapon you can very easily use that weapon to get multiple more such weapons before it breaking.

He right though.

That's a blatant lie

I shouldn't be runninnaway from some fuck with a mop, I'm much more afraid of weak faggots than powerful enemies because they'll leave me with bullshit

the only reason I hate durability is because it completely messes with my typical kill-everything playstyle. I waste all my good weapons crossing some field, and am left with whatever low-tier trash I picked off the remains, leaving my underpowered when I run into an actual dangerous enemy. Eventually, I just give up on wasting my good weapons by avoiding literally every monster. It's anti-fun.

>Shrines all look the same
>No music
>Shitty cutscenes
>You can climb mountains but all you find are korok seeds
>As soon as you climb the initial difficulty curve the game is piss easy
>All quests are collectathons that lead to shrines
>All progression items are unlocked in the first area of the game
>Villages are lifeless
>The overworld is lifeless
>What the fuck is there even to do other than shrines?
>Master sword is fucking weak and only good for chopping down trees
>Horses are useless because the second you climb a hill it can't get to you

I can keep going

no because all he did was make stupid generalizations to defend his favorite game in response to stupid generalizations

I guess the game is too hard for you

No, the game rewards you with better weapons by not fighting.

He's right. Weapons are clearly a limited disposable resource like arrows and bombs.

If the game floods you with weapons, why have durability at all?
When there's no management needed you can just cut durability away, because otherwise it's just a useless chore.

I noticed that the weapons that enemies drop scale with either the number of Divine Beasts you've beaten or number of hearts you have (I'm not sure what it actually is). By the time I went into Hyrule Castle All of my bows were Royal and most of my other weapons and shields had some kind of durability buff on them.

It would have been nice to obtain an unbreakable weapon of every class that runs on a charge similar to the Master Sword, but I guess that's too much to ask.

All these shitters complaining about losing their precious swords makes me want to get this game. I love survival aspects and limitations in games.

>enemies drop weapons that are just as strong as the one you're using
Yeah, every time my Royal Claymore bites it, the red boko I just slapped just gives me a new one.

>caring about how others enjoy their shit
It's actually you who's the literal autist here.

Must really suck at the game then. The game provides you will dozens of ways to kill enemies and you wanted a souls sword hack and slash.

>Except that most enemies drop weapons that are just as strong as the one you're using
Not really. Bokoblins and Lizalfos, which are the most common, usually have crappy clubs and very weak spears compared to what you can get near towns or in chests. Their bows are always the worst too. Moblins and the occasional Hinox have better things (stronger clubs, Royal weapons although those break easily) while not being as resource-draining as Lynels (who honestly aren't worth the trouble since you can get close enough junk from Guardian Scouts with less effort)

>why have durability at all?
Because the game floods you with weapons

>game punishes you for combat
>Nintendo: "lol game is too hard"
>chugs soy

Why fight a red boko with a royal claymore if you have a myriad of other tools to use for combat to get rid of smallfries?

why would you waste weapon durability on an enemy you can one shot with a remote bomb?

>reading comprehension

Yeah throwing infinitely re-spawning bombs is way more fun.

>I love limitations in games
Fantastic. You'll love the limited amount of fun that Zelda: Ubisoft Towera "Done Right" will give you.

Enjoy your Goku Shrek mod you totally well adjusted person.

Doesn't that mean the problem is with the inventory system, or alternatively that you care too much about the weapons you're using and are picking up too many of the wrong ones if you feel you have to find the weakest that you have?

>Why fight a red boko with a royal claymore
because the post he replied to explicitly said "most enemies drop weapons that are just as strong as the one you're using"

>THE GAME IS PUNISHING ME!
*grins while drinking soy milk*
Sucks to suck

>farm weapons like they are consumables
>good design
haha oh god

Isn't the point of an inventory to be to hold stuff you like to use? Let me find a rare weapon that looks sweet and doesn't break in a minute. Literally the only thing to do with your favourite weapons in the game is to put them in your house and look at them like a fucking 70s car restorer. Why collect things if you can't enjoy them?

Watching Nintensoys attempt to turn around the soyboy meme is the funniest shit ever. I've not seen a fanbase seethe as hard as them due to one(1) word.

Boy if only it worked that way

I like this fame but it's be so much better if you needed to scavange for food and find a place to sleep. The weapon degredation is never, ever a danger, only annoying. I'm walking around with an arsenal at all times, it's just annoying to have to break a badass legendary spear on some goblin's ass or run away from hum so you don't have to replace it with a stick.

I have some 30 powerful weapons still sitting in chests in shrines that I can grab at any moment since I can warp right to them from anywhere, there's no survival issue here, just inconvenience.

Genuinesly great game, environments are great, captures the essence of mountain climbing (until you get so much stamina it's no longer an issue) and it's genuinely fun to explore, but the weapons are a real problem.

Yeah, swinging infinately respawning swords is way more fun.

>In a game that floods you with weaponry
Idk this is the problem for me. Just makes it seem pointless. It would be the equivalent of an fps where enemies drop ammo and you only lose ammo on shots that hit anyway

> ayoo bruh you’s be salty n sheit

>misquoting to make a terrible point
You must be mad that I like a game you don't like. :)

>I-ITS NOT WORKING ANYMORE!
Congrats. You went from a LARPing BotW critic to a triggered Sonyger who never played the game in a single post

I don't like durability because it makes every weapon feel like it has no value. Finding something new means less when it will be quickly used and replaced. Exploration becomes less rewarding since you are unlikely to find anything worth your time beyond the fun of simply exploring the landscape.

I like how for every Sony soy picture there's at least 5 Nintendo ones
that being said it's a general problem rather than one specific company

Borderlands floods you with guns, the more you play the stronger they become, but the mechanic just fails to deliver where a few carefully crafted and fully supported long-term weapons would. Sure I can use clubs and shit but I'll never comfortably be able to break out the "master" sword or use Ganondorfs blade from TP and for me that kills it a bit.

The durability system only made this game into a shitty inventory hoarding simulator, not to mention the weapons themselves feel like they're made of fucking gingerbread with how fast they break. It's such a stupid mechanic.

>gives every weapon you find in the game some sort of value
I felt indifferent to every weapon since they broke regardless of how cool or advanced they looked. Not to mention you run across them multiple times and they respawn so there's no feeling of "oh shit, I'll never get that again."

I thought it was really cool finding the big fire blade stuck in the giant stump until I got the same sword from a puzzle shrine. I eventually just started straight up throwing them at enemies.

I'd be fine with degredation if

A) Weapons lasted more than a couple of enemies at best, that shit's ridiculous

and

B) There was a way to repair weapons

It's also be nice to have a storage somewhere larger than three weapons so I could go there and pick out my arsenal based on what I want to do rather being forced to run back ti every shrine to replenish and desperately holding onto something because it might be useful someday

>sweet the super shotgun!
>shoot! shoot! shoot!
>oh no more ammo
>good thing this enemy dropped a fucking starter pistol that's functionally useless instead of the gun I enjoyed using

>Literally the only thing to do with your favourite weapons in the game is to put them in your house and look at them like a fucking 70s car restorer

Or you could just use them like any other weapon and stop being a fucking pussy about it. Either that or just learn to pick your encounters better I guess.

>Bokoblins and Lizalfos, which are the most common, usually have crappy clubs and very weak spears compared to what you can get near towns or in chests.
Only red and blue shitters use such shitty weapons.
You don't have to get very far in the game at all for that to stop being the case. They all run around with steel and royal weapons.

No, I wanted a fucking Zelda game, not a fucking Skyrim Zelda mod with Shadow Tower weapon durability.

Yeah bro I love running away from level 1 mooks great game design

So why are you even bothering hunting red fucking bokos?
The shitters in doom don't drop anything at all.

the master sword doesn't break.
you can get unlimited amount of sage swords/twilight bows/biggoron sword/fierce deity sword/ etc.

That's exactly the argument. I want to be able to fuck shit up but I don't want to waste my inventory so what's the point

>the master sword doesn't break
No it just powers down so you can't use it for a set period of time. In others words useless.

>you can get unlimited amount of sage swords/twilight bows/biggoron sword/fierce deity sword/ etc.
I had to scan 3 versions of the Ganondorf amiibo code more times than I'm willing to admit to get even one sage sword. You think I'm going through that EVERY TIME it breaks? fuck right off user.

>redundant tedium is fun!!

Being this dumb lol

>you can get unlimited amount of sage swords/twilight bows/biggoron sword/fierce deity sword/ etc
Amiibo scans are completely random though.
>borrow friend's amiibo
>never get the fucking OoT hat

I don't know about you, but I rarely run away as much as I never engage them in the first place. It's called paying attention to the world.

>I want to be able to fuck shit up but I don't want to waste my inventory so what's the point

The weapon has no purpose if you don't end up using it, so just find something to hit and use the weapon. How are you wasting it when you're not using it in the first place? What imaginary encounter are you going to deem worthy of using it on?

I played through it on switch then recently played on CEMU. Sorry, but the CEMU version is objectively the better version on every front. Gyro is gimmick more than anything and traditional controls are perfectly functional.

Once the switch emulator comes out there will be 0 reasons to use my switch.

Sorry?

Portability

>Switch emulator comes out
>someone mods Luigi to be playable by using his unused model
soon

I'm pretty annoyed by powers cooldowns as well.
>3 Revali's Gale
>I better never use them in case I need them
>2 Revali's Gale
>Oh, there's an apple tree, better burn a charge to grab an apple

I can't imagine an encounter worthy enough to use the weapons on because the weapons are too fragile. That's what we've been arguing since the beginning.

If I’m out of the house I’m doInfo something else and not playing video games. If the switch were out when I was a kid or something it would have been awesome for Loon car rides but I guess the GBC was that for me.

The problem is, unironically, you.

>Gyro is gimmick
Being able to aim is extremely useful and has the potentially to change the way many games are designed for consoles.

Okay, still not having fun and would be if they changed it

>Gyro is a gimmick
Hurr durr I hate hitting things

The problem, unironically, is with a ton of people as you can see this thread popping up everyday.
The combat and the systems that drive it aren't enjoyable for a lot of people.

yes it goes on cooldown, you can use a savage lynel sword or some op shit in those 10mins.
in case you both dumbfucks didn't know there is easy ways to bypass the 24 hour amiibo scan limit on both cemu and wii u versions. kek I'm pretty sure I'm getting baited at this point but I'll keep going.

>floods you with weaponry
>still fucks you in the ass with obtuse inventory management
yeah, I wonder why so many people complained

Yeah, is moderately better than analog sticks but not by any means necessary.

And if they think like you, then the problem is, unironically, them as well.

An obsessive need to hold on to your best weapon until you find that PERFECT situation in which to use it is not a flaw in game design.

Giving me valuable shit and forcing me into situations where I have to destroy it on something I could kill with farm equipment is annoying as fuck game design. The vast majority of fights in the game will lower my combat ability if I win them. This makes the optimal strategy to avoid combat as much as possible which is annoying and unfun. This is bad game design. Good game design would make the optimal gameplay something fun.

It's compounded by the fact that so much else in the game is designed very well which makes this glaring failure even more obvious