Big open areas

>big open areas
>beautiful visuals
>tons of content
>very good story with interesting character
>combat is a piece of shit
why did they dropped the ball so hard with that?

Combat is actually pretty solid for an RPG

Agreed, combat is garbage. Dropped after 2 hours.

RPG is actually pretty solid for a combat.

quads

Most of the content is repetitive trash and if you believe the story is good then you need to get better taste. The Walking Dead tv show has better writing the Witcher 3.

>RPG never had good combat so it's okay to have average stuff bro :)
End this meme

>wahh the combat gets boring after 60 hours in this 200 hour long game

yeah no shit retard

I'm sick of this meme
Is a alright combat system that works
Everything else on Witcher 3 is 10/10 pure gold

>after 60 hours
that's being too generous

I don't mind the combat. Never got the hate. In fact, I actually enjoy it.

It's serviceable. Combat will get boring no matter how good it is after 10 hours anyway. Better to focus on other areas rather than spending too much time and money on one thing.

graphics: 10/10
side quests: 10/10
characters: 10/10
world: 10/10
lore: 10/10
protagonist 10/10
antagonist 7/10
gameplay 10/10
combat 8/10
music: 10/10
fun: 10/10
why is it that most of you fags cry about the decent combat when Eredin is literally a non factor in 99.9% of the game even though he's the big bad? The Crones were scarier and more brooding than Eredin.

>*whistle for magic horse*
>*autorun on road to quest marker*
>*toucan scan vision activates*
>"Mhhm... Giant slash marks all over the victim... A drowner™ gotta be..."
>"Come on, Roach"
>*follow nose*
>*guys in drowners™ costumes appear*
>"OY BLOODY 'ELL FUKKIN CUNT SHIT FUCK CUNT ITS A FUCKIN' WITCHER IT IS, GET' EM"
>"shit, you stink"
>ALAALALALALALLAALALALA
>*set guys on fire and they stumble and recover immediately, does a cinematic slash and cuts guy in half*
>"Mmhh... Bandits™ pretending to be drowners™, better tell the village head about it"
>"come on, Roach"
>*autorun back to the village*
>"OY BLOODY FUCKIN CUN WITCHAH, WOT ABOUT DAT CONTRACT WESE PAID YA FOR YA BLOODU FUCKIN CUNT?"
>"Just some bastard posng as drowners ™, here's proofs" *show flipper*
>"OY KURWA, HERS DA REWARD THE VILLAGE CHIPPED IN FOR YA"
>"drowning in danger" complete
>AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>10 crowns received

It doesn't have the best combat system ever but the idea that's it's garbage is total meme tier nonsense.

Has pretty decent depth, feels fluid, signs and bombs compliment instead of overpower encounters, shittons of different enemy types with different strength and weaknesses and attack types.

Different oils and buffs are actually useful and fun to use on higher difficulty modes, etc

It's a good combat system. Not incredible but certainly not bad.

I wish the game didn't forced me into using batman senses every 5 minutes

>ALAALALALALALLAALALALA
Kek

What did he mean by this?

Because they made all that other shit with zero fucks given about gameplay

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if half the people calling the combat terrible have never played the game and are just regurgitating what they read on Sup Forums.

Did anyone else read 'big open anus'?

""content""

what I hated about combat was how geralt has to just like a frog in order to move around (since simply moving normal becomes too slow in combat), and that potions only last a few seconds, so you have to drink them mid combat like some madman

It's true, though. Name one proper RPG with good real time combat.

Skyrim

Witcher 2

こいつらいつまでこれの話するんだろうな…
あと三十年くらいか

HAHAHAHA
Witcher 2 was Rolling: The Game. I unironically preferred Witcher 1's combat to it, with 3 being the best of the trilogy.

I suppose dark souls isn't a "proper" RPG?

The Witcher 3 is technically a Visual Novel.

By 'proper' RPG I mean a game with actual roleplaying in it, which I wouldn't say Dark Souls qualifies as.

It seems that RPGs need to pick being great at one or the other, they can never do both.

After you explore the entire map out of boredom the game becomes objectively repetitive and boring.

Even if you want to count that, what's so good about it? All combat boils down to waiting for the enemies to attack so that you can spam R1s until your stamina bar runs out.

>what's so good about it
it doesn't feel like a chore after you play it for more than 10 hours.

lol.
Go fight mobs of grunts for half an hour and see how enjoyable that is.

I didn't like how the combat felt. It was clunky to me.

>very good story
>with interesting character
Heh, good one.

This morrowings combat is the absolute peak nothing will ever surpass it
Witcherfags claiming their games good LOL
go play some morrowind (morroperfectcombatowind) as i call it

Dragon's Dogma.

BotW's combat is a gazillion times better than The Shitter 3.

It's not a piece of shit, but it's not on par with everything else in the game. The Witcher trilogy has always been criticized for odd combat mechanics and this is at least refined enough so every encounter doesn't go on for 30 seconds

Witcher 1 has the best combat, if only because Geralt actually does pirouettes like he does in the source material.

Warband.

I couldn't play Witcher more than 1 hour. Gameplay is the most important in a game.

What were you wanting gameplay wise?

iirc people were okay with the witcher 1 combat mostly because during that time everyone was saying "rpg can't have good combat"

I liked DD's combat, but it is a horrible RPG. The world and questing quality are dogshit.
Haven't played BotW yet, but I was not insisting that Witcher 3 had amazing combat. Also no Zelda game I've ever played was a RPG. I don't know how different BotW is but I know for damn sure that adding weapon stats does not make a game a RPG.
Only ever tried the first game which I couldn't get into. Maybe I should try the later ones.

The story is an absolute mess though. The game's strengths are it's side content, but even that is screwed over by the nonsensical level requirements that you have no way of knowing about until you already accepted it. Seems like every third side quest or contract ended up being lvl 30 or so, even in early areas.

The Witcher is the Dark Souls of RPGs

Blade of Darkness.

its not that bad. we all know you are memeing a 2015 year old meme. actually makes me kek. game has been out since may 2015 kiddo

>5 hours in
>accept side quest
>spend 20 minutes on the obligatory talking/batman sense thing
>reach boss
>do no damage
>wtf
>check mission log
>level 30
>I'm level 4
welp, the same happens a lot of time when you start to explore, there are level 30 bandits next to level 4 dogs

Gets me every time

>only 3 years old
nigga, that's nothing people shit on games 30 years ago for not aging like fine wine

As much of an RPG as the Witcher

It's this kind of thing that makes me wonder why they even bothered with an open world. I mean leveling to be able to deal with enemies in a higher level area is one thing, but the placement of these dickheads that are several levels above you is almost nonsensical at times.

Mass effect 1 and 2 had good combat

Exploring the witcher 2 felt a lot better, without this generic ass creed "have a bunch of shit on your map " for you to check out.

>Witcher 3 story
>good

Do people seriously think that trash story was good? HoS and BaW had better main stories than the vanilla game. Ciri was the most insufferable piece of shit character.

drinking with the other witcher was fun tho

I agree but that's not what the over-arching main story was about.

>graphics were meh
>open world didn't serve any purpose other than making the game longer
>content consist in rehashing the same things that you find in the first area of the game over and over again.
>story was generic and bad. Special mention for featuring one of the worst antagonist in a rpg ever created. Characters were meh, especially compared to tw2.
>combat was indeed shit.

>one of the worst antagonist in a rpg ever created
that would be alduin

why do people hate the wild hunt leader?

They took the wild hunt who's goal was to just save elves from the White Frost and persecution from humans and made them and their leader into generic evil dark lord types who were evil because they were evil.

>people believe this

It's a kids game. A. Kids. Game.

legitimately cannot tell if your moving goal posts or making fun on nintendies

If I liked the combat in Witcher 2 will I still enjoy it in 3? I can’t imagine they made it worse.

Dark Souls doesn't have good combat. It's "circle around for a backstab", "roll sometimes", and "get in close to big enemies" the game

It's a definite improvement, but it's still kinda clunky in ways that might get on your nerves over the hundred or so hours you may or may not spend with the game.

go back to skyrim retard, w3 combat is GOAT

t. only played dark souls 3

>Maybe I should try the later ones.
Get Warband, It's all you'll need to love the series.

t. read half of harry potter

It's a little better, namely the combat menus, but it's mostly the same old shit.

It's the same in all games, except that it's more tedious in 1 and 2 because you move like molasses.

>combat is a piece of shit
I could forgive this is the """puzzles""" weren't enormous red blobs or footprints leading you directly to wherever you need to go.

What makes Witcher 3's combat so bad is the relative lack of control over Geralt. Different moves are initiated based solely on distance to the enemy and there is no real depth. In souls, (which is not an RPG and shouldn't be compared anyway) the player has total control over what move they will use and when. It seems simple but that is the main reason Witcher 3 combat sucks and is a chore to play.

I don't even play vidya that much anymore but TW3 shaked me out of my slumber and glued me to the screen for weeks

I grew standards, and when videogames started failing me about the start of this decade I just gave in and jumped on assfaggots and spend some time on a private WotLK server for some mild gaming, apart a few games that I would define a hobby (Civilization and Cities Skyline), TW3 was the last true videogame that would give me the itches, just like I used to crave Crash Bandicoot and Spyro in the 90s like it was crack, TW3 gave me all I wanted: Powerful script and story, refined and pleasant graphics, enjoyable characters, a real feeling of being "inside" the game (I wouldn't say it's STALKER level but my experience was cohesive and comfy), a pretty big map, and a combat system I dare say is above average, I absolutely loved it and recommended to all my nerd friends who were at least pleased as I was to play such a masterpiece.

The icing on the cake for me was the fact that despite looking so good it run smoothly and fine on my rig that is far from its golden age, this one thing was just a killer: the industry is disrespectful towards its costumer, pumping out AAA wanna be games broken, poorly optimized or straight unplayable, as if cutting corners wasn't enough we also get DLCs - that is just cut from the actual content - and microtransation. TW3 did everything right and while you're entitled to your opinion reeking of contrarianism and wanna be elitism (oooopsss :^) is this still a thing?), my opinion is that TW3 was the best game of the decade and it did earn this award not because it stood out in the sea of shit that vidya has become, but because it was above it, it has shown how things can and should be done and what wonderful result you can achieve when your mind is not only on the money. Truly a slap in the face of the twisted pathethic mess this media has become.

>which is not an RPG and shouldn't be compared anyway
epic meme xD

Plenty of RPGs have good combat though. I like the tactical combat of most top down western rpgs and I even liked the combat of risen, fallout 4 or even sklyrim. They're not perfect by far but at least they're not a slugfest entirely based on slow animations that have plenty of random parameters and that you can never really cancel.

It's unpredictable and unresponsive. Plus the AI is kind of retarded.

>I grew standards
Stopped reading there

No, you didn't, you just posted that reply to be quirky

stay mad

NieR Automata
:^)

>game gives you a physics engine that has near limitless potential to fuck around with enemies and have FUN
>choose to spam X
>i-it's the game's fault not mine!