Is this any good on PC?

is this any good on PC?

battle system?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.com/boards/191202-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age/75477310
rpgsite.net/feature/5788-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age-best-party-composition-and-party-builds-how-to-pick-the-right-party-members
youtube.com/watch?v=YvW9KQ5vu8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=rQNWafc6_9k
youtube.com/watch?v=BXLJGs2FjdY
youtube.com/watch?v=-ccRdIJCk4o
youtube.com/watch?v=yh_8jgHaUVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qeaM16I5QUU
youtube.com/watch?v=mNn-Qrs2p5U
youtube.com/watch?v=c2SHDFt8pSc
sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/1929/
youtube.com/watch?v=Mo2mU3x0CEg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

crack when?

It's pretty great solely for the 4x speed up.

If you like cool fantasy settings, shakespearian voice acting, political plots, job system party building and designing your own AI:s, you'll probably enjoy it.

how is the battle system compared to other FFs?
real time or atb?

It's really good on PC. I was having a problem with voices not properly being heard in a few cutscenes but I fixed that by adjusting my headset properties. Turns out I didn't have surround sound on.

On a game related question though, if I just sped through the MSQ untill I unlocked all six party members, would I of potentially missed any side-content? Only thing I can think of side-content wise that I can do before you unlock the last two party members is a few hunts. Also that small package "super mini" quest that doesn't really mean anything.

Any ideas?

It's both

I hope you guys haven't opened any chests

didn't they do away with chest fucking you out of the zodiac spear?

No, in fact they put the rest of the ultimate weapons into chest too that change their contents if you go back later and haven't opened them yet.

Post your jobs please i'm having such a hard time deciding aaaaaaah

I just checked my Brady games guide after remembering I have the thing. Aside from doing a few hunts you can start the side-quest "Ktjins road to improvement" after you gain the ability to free-roam after the palace heist MSQ chain.

Other than that though I think you're free to speed through the MSQ and get all your party members.

Playing on NG- is fun as fuck. It turns the game from an JRPG to a pesudo strategy game that makes "grinding" relatively pointless because nomatter where you are every enemy is going to hit hard. At least in the beginning.

>would I of potentially missed any side-content?
not really no, plus you can always go back in this game
in fact, most fun content is only available on second visits of dungeons

Yeah, but it's overall harder to get now, which is lame.

Real time ATB with a "if-then" ai customization system.

Honestly it's probably the most fully realized Final Fantasy battle system there is.
>The classical ATB system we've had since IV that created the FF legacy
>No frustrating random encounters with annoying load times
>Admits that in FF, once you know your optimal encounter strategy, you will be flow charting your decisions. Turns this into the "main gameplay".

The only thing I'm missing is the ability to save multiple gambit pages and swapping them out mid-battle to allow my party to adjust without me going into the menus.

I wish they'd taken this system and developed it further instead of moving on to the stupid shit they made afterwards. With this as their base system, they could have pooled more resources into making fun character progress (instead of the hacked together zodiac job) and more enemy variance who used the system even more in their design.

The biggest thing is that there is no battle transition. Battles play out on the world map, plus you can set up AI for your party. This makes grinding a lot less painful.

Lore friendly (in order of picking)
Vaan Shikari/Breaker
Penelo BM/Monk
Balthier Machinist/Uhlan
Fran Archer/Red Mage
Basch Knight/Bushi
Ashe TBM/WM

Yes my party doesn't know cura and Balthier is my main healer right now.

For my normal playthrough;

>Vaan - Shikari/Monk
>Balthier - Machinist/Time Battlemage
>Fran - Archer/Black Mage
>Bash - Bushi/Breaker
>Ashe - Knight/Red Battlemage
>Penelo - White Mage/Uhlan

For my min/max NG- playthrough;

>Vaan -Shikari/Breaker
>Balthier - Uhlan/Time Battlemage
>Fran - Archer/Red Battlemage
>Bash - Knight/Bushi
>Ashe - Monk/Black Mage
>Penelo - White Mage/Machinist

I highly doubt this.

I wish the zodiac version added morr gambits so I could finally use Measures seriously.

you can just emulate it if you want, it looks nicer.

I wanted to do this, but having white and time mage together seems like a waste

Also i heard shikari-breaker is pretty tedious. Bought yesterday and still haven't started. FUCCK

Just pick whatever the fuck man. You can swap party members freely and you get plenty of time between picking your first and second jobs. Pick some shit, get a feel for it, and then grab whatever secondary jobs you feel like you need at the time. If someone gets a bad combo just stop using them as much or just pair them with stronger party members. The game is still balanced around having only one job so you can’t really fuck up with two.

Shikari/Break has crazy synergy. It's basically the best job combo you can have for Vaan. From a job guide site;

>Hunter's ninja swords are one of the best weapons to use with Genji Gloves, and Hunter/Breaker is arguably the best way to do so. This combination gives you 3x swiftness, a decent ranged weapon (hand bomb), all 4 breaks, Genji gear, high strength and HP, and ninja swords.

Hmmm i see then. Lore-friendly build it is

And here is the website I used for comparisons.

gamefaqs.com/boards/191202-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age/75477310

Bear in mind there is no 'wrong" combination. Only "subpar" ones. And with a normal playthrough being as easy as it is there's basically no way to not be able to 100% the game with any setup.

Have fun with the game user! Just be sure to talk to everyone you see. Side-quests in this game don't get tracked but NPCs can direct you to them.

>Dude what if we made literally half the cast be inconsequential to the story
>Dude what if we made multiple cutscenes where the main character has no idea what's going on and just stands in the background while people who matter speak
>Dude what if we made a character who's literally just a random girl off the street with no important qualities outside of an extremely large ass
>Dude what if we made a character with an interesting and nuanced backstory and then only let the player use him in one dungeon, at the end of which he dies
>Dude what if we made a villain who has zero emotional connection to the heroes and doesn't even meet them until the last ten minutes
>Dude what if we took an established setting with a million interesting species and then only included humans and bunny humans as playable characters
>Dude what if we gave the narrator a comical Apu accent
>Dude what if we made a complicated political plot and then ruined it by turning it into standard ancient god shenanigans halfway through
>Dude what if we made a plot where the heroes have almost no impact on what happens until 95% of the way through the story, and they spend their time tromping from one ancient temple to the next
>Dude what if we took everything 100% seriously and had zero levity outside of Balthier and Cid
>Dude what if we wrote all of the dialogue to sound like a Renaissance Fair
>Dude what if we we had no overworld and all travel was handled by a menu or floating teleport crystals
>Dude what if we made a battle system where you set everything up in advance so that you don't actually play the game
>Dude what if we made a level-up system where all of the characters become literally identical in function
>Dude what if we made summons useless except for opening doors
>Dude what if we put all of the interesting and unique content in sidequests
>Dude what if instead of having fun side games like the motorcycle chase and Triple Triad we had nothing

Ha, thanks. Will do. I really see the appeal of this game now that i started. Also thoughts on white mage+time battlemage? Viable? I'm set after that

Is there a class setup that gives me every important spell on 3 characters?
I doubt I will do a lot of switching out.

White Mage+Time Battlemage is considered THE best support class. If you want to dedicate one character wholly to support without much offensive capabilities, that's your class.

Try this guide here. It has a few good party-based setups that decent synergy together if you only wanna use 3-man teams.

rpgsite.net/feature/5788-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age-best-party-composition-and-party-builds-how-to-pick-the-right-party-members

Also the guide I posted earlier has some tips on 3-man team setups as well.

denuvo,

3 weeks if those chinese fucks get with it, otherwise up to 6 months since it's probably not a priority.

>hundreds of gambits
>90% of them are completely useless

I dunno about you m8 but I'd rather have what I don't need then need what I don't have. I can respect them going a bit overkill on the gambits.

Although I kinda wish there was a gambit for stealing until the item is stolen. Best thing we can do is set one or two party members to use steal on enemies that have 100% HP.

why is the music in this game so god damn forgettable? FFX had so many memorable tracks but this is just like generic fantasy music.

RTwP

Because it was not created by Nobuo Uematsu.
The music is mostly shit, but the title song always makes me feel nostalgic.

>Honestly it's probably the most fully realized Final Fantasy battle system there is

I always felt there was room for improvement to the general "flow" of combat. Like if it had been closer to Crpg style combat it would've been great, spreading your party out to attack enemies from multiple sides and whatnot. XII's combat though usually ends up being a case of meeting in the middle and bopping each other on the head until you defeat enemies. You're right that SE never should've abandoned the underlying systems and instead should have developed them further.

>having taste this shit
I'm actually impressed

youtube.com/watch?v=YvW9KQ5vu8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=rQNWafc6_9k
youtube.com/watch?v=BXLJGs2FjdY
youtube.com/watch?v=-ccRdIJCk4o

those are some good examples of generic fantasy music, thanks!

But there are tonnes of gambits that would be really helpful that you don't get. Yet you get hundreds of useless ones.

They could've definitely scaled back on some of the "Enemy HP: XXXXX" gambits.

I would love to hear some examples. It's a damn shame SE or any company for that natter didn't try to expand or improve upon the gambit system. It's such a great system that it's almost criminal it's being ignored.

>literally posts generic fantasy music

ATB is real time, it's just menu based. That's what this is, it's ATB with optional pause. As others have said, AI customization plays a big role so you can just fast forward through all the battles if you've set it up right.

>Posts the Westersand music
>Not the Estersand one

C'mon dude. And the music is at its best when its high energy/bombastic. The softer melodies are definitely the weaker ones in the game.

Oh yes, look at these absolutely dazzling and non-generic Nobuo Uematsu fantasy pieces!
youtube.com/watch?v=yh_8jgHaUVQ

youtube.com/watch?v=qeaM16I5QUU

youtube.com/watch?v=mNn-Qrs2p5U

You don't have an obligation to enjoy a traditional fantasy tune, but don't use words if you don't know what they mean.

Remember when people thought XV was going to have an expanded gambits system?

westersand > estersand, fite me
And the softer tunes are frankly the most memorable ones to me

>gets salty
>decides to attack some other random game
classic ff12 drone

I remember when Square Enix claimed XIII was gonna have a system similar to XII's gambits.

It's fucking absolute shit.

>can't read
I'm not attacking any of the games, I'm defending fantasy music. By your standards the only non-generic games are VII, VIII, X, X-2, XIII and its sequels and XV. You don't know what the word means.

>Denuvo

EVERYONE GETTING THIS GAME IS DESTROYING THEIR COMPUTER.

You can't be more of a retard if you purchase this "game" (it's not a real game to begin with).

by generic i mean forgettable

>not a real game
what is then?

The game looks beautiful with a SweetFX preset applied to it.

Then you should've said that in the first place. And that's subjective anyway. The music in XII is plenty memorable.

Then you're wrong, but it's subjective so that's alright.
Post some traditional fantasy music you consider memorable.

>you will never tie Fran up and expose her to mist, watching her writhe as she tries to break free

Can't wait for modders to fix Zodiac Age's ruining of the original textures

poorfag btfo

i compared it to ffx which is full of memorable songs like this youtube.com/watch?v=c2SHDFt8pSc

yeah i agree the textures can get quite horrendous sometimes.

pic semi related

>Can't wait for modders

Good luck.

Anyone interested in the SweetFX preset i use, here it is. Greatly recommended!

sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/1929/

All about demand as well.

No one gives a fuck about FF12 anymore

But this is exactly what I was saying, FFX has a completely different tone, it's way far from traditional fantasy. It's not quite as far as something like VIII or VII, since it has a fair amount of natural fantasy ambients, but it's still a pretty "out there" setting.

XII has a tone much closer to the earlier FF games up until V or VI, and has a really dignified tone. Most of the crazier tunes from more than half of the series would find themselves in the completely wrong place.

Worst combat system in the series, lowest difficulty, brain dead licensing board, mmo "content" and it truly showed the world that Square Enix cannot into decent vidya.

Im going to play this for the first time tomorrow, totally blind
anything imperative I need to know?

Honestly, that pic actually looks alright.
I've seen some really bad ones though.

It's good. Works well in 60fps, 1080p and max graphics on my toaster (i3, 660).

Pretty much normal FF battle but in real time (with ATB though) and you can run around during fights and auto-attack (if you choose attack, that character will attack automatically when their ATB is full) and macros.
It surely isn't in the top 3 FF games, but it's solid and worth it.

>that sharpening
ouch

One of the things I love about this game is that there are few to no unmissables. Off the top of my head, there's a pair of wandering Viera throughout the world map that move around as the story progresses. All you miss is some dialogue, though. There's alsoa quest involving delivering Bhujerban liquor to people around town and watching them get drunk. I think you get some Gil per person. That gets cut off at some point, but it's nothing major. Worth it, imo, for watching NPCs getting blasted.

now hold on
XII's system is at least better than XIII and XV
difficulty as well

>tfw they managed to make one of your favourite boss themes of all time even better

youtube.com/watch?v=Mo2mU3x0CEg

My machinist Balthier is sucking ass, he is only good for potion spam. I want to get the second jobs already holy fuck.

CRACK WHEN FOR FUCK'S SAKE

Looking at these pics, video games never needed to looks better than this. All the increased poly count and particle effects and shit in modern games is such a waste of resources.

its my first time playing this and the battle system is just weird as fuck. it makes it feel like youre playing but youre not really

that looks horrendous

the constant stutter stepping whenever they draw and put away their weapons is annoying. I wish they had fixed it

Don't trust Ondore's lies!

Too bad those games weren't being made by competent game designers like Hiroyuki Ito

XIII's combat is competent.

That's funny, because my machinist Balthier is pretty much my MVP.
>Stealan
>Healan
>Shootan

Him and Basch are the guys who carries me through the hunts the most.

>you choose action
>character performs action

I mean, if you've never played RPGs yeah

It's literally MMO combat, have fun

Anyone else find quickenings broke as fuck? With the recharge system you can beat bosses entirely by using quickenings, switching out a party member and repeating until dead. I have yet to have to do more than one switch out and I don't know how long it'll be until I face a boss that doesn't die just to them.

but you cant dodge or anything so its pointless being able to run around

>hundreds of gambits
>can only use one at a time
>no and/or statements

Is it really that hard to give me "enemy status: ____ and self MP >60"? for example?

My Balthier barely has health nor armour and yet somehow all monsters focus on attacking him.

It's not an action RPG system, those things are handled by stats and skills
The overworld battles are there to avoid the annoying random battle system of previous FFs

>literally makes it look worse

The rubberbanding of combat can be offputting at times.

The game really could've used more spells and attacks with different kinds of ranges to them. It woefully lacking in features such as positioning and whatnot.

Getting the Pirate's Den icon for specific Concurrences from very specific Quickening chains was fun. Did that in the Cerobi Steppe during rain, was very atmospheric.

>its pointless being able to run around
you can move yourself away from your party if the boss tries to cast an aoe attack focused on you
likewise you can step away from someone who's being targeted