4XM is legit

4XM is legit

Why the fuck was Melee so good

high skill ceiling low skill floor
the only giant problem it has is the dumb ass camera mode on the c stick in single player
like who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

Is this the only video game to have Ness on the cover?

I mean, if you count that. The Japanese version featured him more.

Time for the Melee to die

Your momentum carries over when you jump. That alone already makes it much better than Brawl and Smash4 to me.

just think if you had been less of a bitchboy growing up you could have
>played street fighter
>made friends that dont jack off to anime all day
>found a gf
>turned out normal
>gone to school and gotten a good job
but you didnt lmao have fun watching a fat jigglypuff main dominate your fag game

Think again, bub.

>played street fighter
>made friends that don't jack off to anime all day
Pick one

>played street fighter
Good idea, this way I can use my fursona as my tag

>played street fighter
but I don't want to play an easy game

Alpha, 2h/st, or 3s are good choices then

>love melee but I become a brainlet who falls into bad habits any time it's on and there's a controller in my hands
>I'll never git gud and become the nobody who reks a tourny with a lower tier character like dr mario

Have they updated anything yet? Ia liked the feel but I didn't want to invest myself in it until they fixed the ledge stuff

I suddenly have a craving for Mario x Zelda and Link x Peach pics

>played street fighter
>made no friends
>remained alone your entire life
>turned out to be a real wreck of a human being
>dropped out of school and living off the government
FTFY

>tfw third strike will never be surpassed mechanically
>they will never design characters that are interesting but aren't that good like q and oro ever again
>instead they've spent the last 20 years attempting to appeal to an audience that will never give a fuck about street fighter

I play it daily. I wish I could hook the original hardware to the Internet somehow.

>made friends that dont jack off to anime all day
If you're under 25, this is highly unlikely.

Dead game. All the gods need to retire so tournaments are actually interesting again.

>but muh plup
Literally a fluke, first person in like 7 years to win and hes unlikely to win consistently again.

epbp

Big facts.

Melee would be good if the same 6-7 that are at every single tournament for the last 10 years would just fuck off. Like seriously, aren't they like 26 already? don't they have a job?

Zero is on the grind he's going to be #1 soon.

>and he's unlikely to win consistently again
Why? His record against Hbox and Armada has only gotten better. I'd say he's only going to get more consistent.

6-7 characters are fine so long as there's a decent amount of nuance in how they're played
the style of marth between ken, the moon, m2k, and ppmd are all pretty different, despite the fact its the same characters

Keep dreaming, bud.

>love Melee as a casual
>constantly get lumped in with tourneyfags and see people posting about how casuals can't like Melee

When is the next big tournament?

Probably Full Bloom 4 in March

Still have frame drops with CEMU desu. Too lazy to try and get it to work better as of now.

Anyone else still play melee but have no interest in mastering advanced tech stuff?

I delete my save every so often just to enjoy unlocking it all again.

I imagine people that grew up with melee would still play for nostalga reasons, but I think that most people that sill play melee play because they are interested in competitive melee.

I play netplay sometimes, I can't wavedash or anything like that but it's a really good game and it's fun to play against other people.

based

Yeah, it's all fun and games until the goddamn game freezes in one of the 1P modes. Goddamn 20xx pack.

I like pressing buttons fast. Who gives a fuck about actually being good when you can just have fun mindlessly pressing buttons fast

There's a Kirby game that is the Melee of the franchise, just because it has momentum physics. You can wavedash, float dash, floatcancel quick shorthop attack, and there's hitstun to do combos.

I play Melee since it's best game in the series. I get my ass kicked out at the tournaments, but at competiteve 1 vs 1, casual multiplayer and single player alike other entries in the series just can not compete.

Whens the next big tourney
I need my melee dose bros

This.
>Adventure mode
>randomized Classic and All-Star modes
>best event matches with shit like Trophy Tussle
>character-specific Break the Targets
>best lineup of items
>best gameplay - getting KOs is satisfying and recovering is perilous
>best glitches (you can play as fucking Master Hand)

I think I should replay it this week.

>tfw just got my old GameCube games working again
It's time.

I need the raw sauce of that image

SF3 failed because the fanbase didn't deserve it. They bitched so hard about the new roster that Capcom spent the next decade backpedaling on every design decision they made for that game.

If I didn't have so much shit to do tonight, I'd go at it right now. I don't have my extra controllers though, so unlocking Mewtwo might take a while.

Inma Ka Sugoroku

2018 Will be the year of The Plup

M2k will have his worst year ever.
Feelsbadman

PM has more content and equally good gameplay

He's right you know
t. competitive pm player

I like Melee a lot as a casual game but as a competitive game I think it's shit.