Do people really find the "master race" schtick funny?

To get this out of the way, I do game quite a bit on PC and do own a gaming PC, however, I've never found the "master race" schtick that PC gamers use to be funny. Some people are just joking about being the master race, while some people truly believe it and look down on console gamers. The whole thing of calling people plebs, peasants, etc... thing honestly makes me more embarrassed to be a PC gamer than anything else. I find it more insulting than anything, even when people are truly just saying it as a joke. I fail to see how someone calling themselves the "master race" is a joke, considering the history (and current events) behind that saying.

So, looking for some enlightenment on why it's a funny thing and cool to insult others who aren't part of the "master race"

P.S. Yes, I must be fun at parties, etc...

It got a bit old. Surprised it's still kicking though I rarely see anyone use it seriously unless it's to mock pc

It's like how niggers adopted the word "nigga" after being called it so often. PCMR started as a title of derision against the tremendous faggots who couldn't actually enjoy PC games because they were too busy masturbating to high-res screenshots, and eventually they adopted the term and changed its meaning.

>So, looking for some enlightenment on why it's a funny thing and cool to insult others who aren't part of the "master race"

Humans always try to be superior to other humans. It's just our nature.

nice reddit spacing soyboy

I used to do it back when I was a 16 year old nowadays I use it as a tongue-in-cheek joke around friends, I honestly don't know people who unironically say this nowadays.

The only people unironically calling themselves that are retards (reddit, handful of steamfags) and poorfags (BRs, Russians, etc.).

Ironic humor is never understood by autists, they make one off jokes into their entire identity. See also: bronies.

If anal vote is considered funny by some people, I don't see why this can't be funny for others. The problem with humor is that some faggots take it seriously.

It was always meant to be a joke then a bunch of retards made a subreddit of it and started taking it seriously.

pretty much this. Jelly PC fags were nothing but huge spec and graphics whores with no games.

I don't care for the master race shit since PC has it's fair share of problems. However I do despise the PS4 and X1 for just being shitty PCs so you could say I'm a PC elitist. I did used to like consoles though, I just hate what they've become.

What a faggot you are.

Oy vey, think of the 6 million red rings!

>it's a consolefaggot falseflagging thread

I don't get it.

Part of the joke is that anyone can become "master race", so why don't you? Every vote for master race is also a vote for mass produced PCs for the real-life plebs. There are no losers when you choose PC

PC has had more games for a long, long time. More games =/= more recent games

yeah WoW and a slew of other casualshit. PC games kind of sucked until PS3 and 360 and Wii gen.

you have gaming tunnel-vision son

You know nothing about PC gaming if you actually think this.

You know nothing about PC gaming if you actually think this.

>I know you are but what am I
18+ to post here

Nice Resetera copypasta faggot.

I've been seeing and playing PC games for longer than 18 years, try again

>no games
does neo Sup Forums consolefriends really believe this or is it a pretending to be an idiot sort of thing? pc has and has always had more games worth playing than any console.

>Funny
Redditors don't even use it as a joke anymore, it's just a circlejerk to them. The only plebs are the people who only own 1 platform because those are the people who shit up Sup Forums with console war threads.

my bad dude, multitasking and got the wrong poster, you're right

>PC games kind of sucked until PS3 and 360 and Wii gen.

That's funny. Generally when people concern troll PC they say the 'golden age' was basically up until that point

so you're saying you're underaged and know nothing of PC games? have a (You)

>buy a pc
>actual 4k/60 fps and can go even higher than that
>thousand different games to play
>can play every game that was ever released for it for free
>kb+m are more precise, responsive and feature more buttons than a controller
>don't have to pay extra for online
>steam is a free service with great sales
>great mods and not just for bethesda games
>can use a second monitor to shitpost on Sup Forums while playing my games

Your move consoles.

it was good until PS2 came out. after that it was a shitshow the whole gen.

Checkmate athiest

console gamers are objectively less intelligent and prefer to be told what to do instead of making decisions for themselves

Sup Forums then: smart people trying to act like idiots
Sup Forums now: idiots trying to act like smart people

>Sup Forums then: average people trying to act like idiots
ftfy

PC gaming depresses me the only thing I really get out of it is good multiplats the old school pc devs have been turned to dogshit now and 90% of the multiplat shit is console ports that play like they come off a console anyways.

>So, looking for some enlightenment on why it's a funny thing and cool to insult others who aren't part of the "master race"

Cause its objectively true, and it has more to do with consoles always being outdated and weak hardware wise from their release.

They are also holding back gaming / technology. Because only idiots too stupid to set up a PC, or idiots too poor to buy a PC are located on these platforms, ergo developers focus more on them since it's easier to sell cinematic rehashed piece of trash games to IDIOTS

Too add to this, I can also smell you being a jew for some reason OP