Monster Hunter World has 31 monsters

>Monster Hunter World has 31 monsters
>Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate had 80

4U had the benefit of accumulating assets from all previous titles, where World is a fresh start.

there's 31, counted them myself!
31?? 31?? BUT LAST YEAR I HAD 80
well some are a bit bigge-
I DON'T CARE HOW BIG THEY ARE

lyl

>Ultimate version that also reuses all the assets from the previous games has more monsters
Whoa....rly made me think. A more fair comparison would be Tri.

When the power of the systems gets to a certain point you have to actually upgrade how shit look, otherwise you end up using Morrigan's sprite for like 20 years.

31 is how many large monsters Freedom had.

Tri had 18 large monsters.

Lmao you don't think capcom's greedy ass is recycling assets for MHW?

Playing 4U right now and it recycles a ton of monster from other MH games, does World recycle a lot too?

>some

Either all or go fuck your mother.

Thats just on release. We still get a year maybe 2 of free dlc. Id say by the game will have well paid for itself. Im having a blast playing and cant wait for more. 60 hours in

OP here
Not saying the game's bad, but I'm disappointed by the monster count and lack of G-rank. Then again, not like the monsters in 4U had more than 10 polygons. I'm enjoying the game but I find it to have a rather disappointing vertical game compared to 4U. I think maybe it's just my fault for holding it to too high a standard.

something about his mum saying we'll get some dlc while we are at the zoo

4U was a grand finale to a decades worth of building on an engine

Spent probably some 3000 hours playing 4U, wore out one 3DS and had to get a second to keep playing

I think the vertical game is pretty good depending on your weapon choice. Theres lots of places good for sliding and jump attacking.
Also hopeful dlc thread?

Im holding out for gore magala, najarala, brachybro and tetsucabra

I mean, 4U is the pinnacle of the series, it's gonna be hard to top.

Why are you comparing an iteration of a game that has G-Rank to one that doesn't?

>31 monsters
>rath
>rath
>rath
>rath
>ice rath
>diablos
>diablos
>fire diablos
>uragaan
>uragaan
>anjanathjho
>great jagras
>great jagras 2: frog boogaloo
>mud lavasioth
>lava lavasioth
>barroth
>kushala
>fire kushala
>zombie kushala
>plasma kushala
>meatskin zinogre
>silverscale zinogre
>nigger gigantic zinogre
>a little blue dinosaur from jurassic park or dinocrisis or something
>kirin for no reason other than slut armor cause its a shitbad monster fight

What kind of areas would everyone like to see potentially added to World via dlc?

A proper icy tundra would be nice, maybe with some heavily wooded areas

Dudley is Sup Forums incarnate I swear.

how many do X and XX have?

ebis, dimpliy epin

People amazed that the first game in a generation lacks G-rank or that a game that had to make high-quality assets from scratch rather than reusing tons of old game assets clearly have only played 4U or something.

Whoa no G-rank in the first game of a generation like ALL OTHER MONSTER HUNTER GENERATIONS

X has more than 3U but less than 4U.
XX has the most, even more than 4U.

MonHun has always had rehashed monsters.

10/10

Because I was heavily drinking during the game and haven't sobered up yet.

Fucking wish I could play MHXX

I want an actual snowy place. Coral is really nicely designed, but it isn't really a snow level. A snowy woods would be great and have both of your wishes.

>More than 4U
Time to hack my 3ds.

MHW has so many quality of life improvements I dunno if I'll ever go back to the older games.

>you don't think

quit projecting.

Ok.

Have some points of comparisons.
MHFU: 81 monsters, 58 of which are large
MH3U: 73 monsters, 51 of which are large
MH4U: 106 monsters, 83 of which are large
MHX: 105 monsters, 71 of which are large
MHXX: 129 monsters, 93 of which are large

MHFU also listed as it was once considered the title with the most content and was considered such for the longest time.

How many are reskins?

>make game
>rerelease same game over and over adding a little bit every time
>B-B-B-BUT IT HAS 80 MONSTERS NOW AFTER SEVERAL RERELEASES

How many of those 80 were just standard variants though? Like rajang and furius rajang, or the 3 color variants of each rathian/rathalos.
4u was still my favorite btw. I just wish g rank didn't turn so much of the other end game high rank stuff in to junk in comparison.

Ok? But doesn't stop me from wanting to play MHXX over MHW right now.

How many of those 80 were just standard variants though? Like rajang and furius rajang, or the 3 color variants of each rathian/rathalos.
Although to be fair, most of those variants did actually behave and fight different enough to be called different enemies.

What exactly are all of these QoL improvements?
The only one I can think of is gathering and track bugs (which are only necessary because the maps are open world memes)
So many other things are a straight up downgrade, meals are more cumbersome, the hub is garbage, armor is the clowsuitest clisterfuck it's ever been, investigations are the same stupid shit that 4U had except now they're limited AND you can't share them, can't pause the game even in single player, there's paid dlc now for things like costumes and cosmetics that were free before, the fact that the performance is still dog shit dropping to sub 20 fps and basically never hitting 30 on a base PS4, and so on.

If it wasn't for the stupid graphics, being review bait for casuals, and being on a popular console again the game would unanimously be considered a mediocre misstep on par with MHX at best.

Reskin count:
MHFU: 24 reskins
MH3U: 24 reskins
MH4U: 53 reskins
MHX: 19 reskins
MHXX: 31 reskins

You guys do the math.

Keep crying nintendie

MHFU has 34, not counting reskins.
MH3U has 27, not counting reskins.
MH4U has 30, not counting reskins.
MHX has 52, not counting reskins.
MHXX has 62, not counting reskins.

NOOO DELETE THIS HANDHELD MH IS PERFECT!!!

Infinite whetstone, no more picks/nets, most stuff can be harvested instantly as you're running around, gear materials are no longer stored in your inventory so they don't take up space, boosting yields on the farm doesn't need special items anymore, no more loading between areas on a map.

That's off the top of my head.

you'd think "fans" of the series who spout "waow no g rank" would know that. Although I mostly think these threads are now filled with shitposters and idiots who just repeat what they hear with no original thought. I miss old MH threads, even if I still think world is fun.

If we really want to play the reskin game, there's only 10 monsters. Beast, brute, piscine, insect, tigrex, normal, bird, Kirin, alatreon elders, and stage (zorah, dala, etc.) wyverns. I mean the base skeletons give you the movesets in advance besides some ranged attacks.

>first game in Monhun generation
>G-rank
U wot

The only monster that matter in mh1 are Yian kut-ku and Diablos

I would have totally fucked Mrs. Dursley.
Anyone else?

Typical western baby. Let him be.

Whetstones are pretty much infinite regardless, as were picks and nets when you got the unlimited use ones in HR; infinite harvest vs holding down a button for a second in XX isn't that much of a difference. and loading times were neglible regardless.

The rest you mentioned are decent additions, but keep in mind World has much larger maps that take longer to sprint through (and areas large enough that render the loading and gathering arguments almost worthless when talking about time saving or convenience), monster designs leave a lot to be desired, and the slingshot addition is a mixed bag that could've been better executed.

I still like World, but after I was done with tempered Kirin and checked my playtime to see it was only around 100 hours, I just felt like turning on my 3DS and playing XX instead.

There's a certain rhythm that almost gets lost from XX to World when it comes to combat, as well. Moveset changes and grossly overpowered weapons, as well as overall weaker and lenient monsters, make some of the changes in the game quite questionable.

And yes, some of the bullshit in World is even worse than adept hammer or brave CB in XX.

>Then again, not like the monsters in 4U had more than 10 polygons.
What?

>"DURRRR DA OTHER NUMBAH IS BIGGAH SO DAT MEAN IT BETTAH??"

unironically kill yourself

>still has more than World

World's biggest issue is that it fixed so many things for the hunter(like hit boxes, smoother movements/attacks) but in turn monsters weren't kicked up a notch to make up for it.

Hitboxes were for the most part fine already around the 4th gen. XX doesn't have some of the bullshit that, for example, FU or to a lesser extent 3U had.

But you barely have to time your dodges properly now. You barely have to read the monster, even for smaller stuff like sheathing or drinking a potion. You don't need to know about iframes or, in a shitter's case, at least equip evade+ to get through the tougher parts of high rank. Fuck, I've seen HR49 shitters that can't even dodgeroll a roar, and what's worse, tend to dive for literally everything (sometimes getting killed in the process because they forget the recovery animation exists, or pretend to not care).

You barely form that connection with the monster until you begin to feel confident enough to kill it in sub 10m times without getting hit once, and doing the same in World is inherently far easier, especially thanks to the lack of distinction between village and guild quests (which I still don't understand why they got rid of) and single player health pools being too low.

I think even with a G-rank the more glaring flaws in World's combat won't get fixed, they will only become more prominent. A huge part of what made MH so inherently attractive in the first place, its methodological pacing, is almost entirely lacking in it.