"IT.... FIZZLED...."

>"PEOPLE ARENT PLAYING IT, AND WE WANT GAMES THAT PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY PLAYING"
And once again, Capcom has earned yet another public blunder. That grave doesnt dig itself, and Capcom has plenty of time to keep on digging it.

Other urls found in this thread:

clips.twitch
streamable.com/0pkng
youtube.com/watch?v=KVTOKVihQKM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Capcom's arrogance is really shocking. I know they deserve it but damn it sucks to see one of the all time greats fade away with the likes of Konami and SNK

not defending mvci's trash fire but wizard saying that shit while including bbtag and injustice 2 is retarded

They're still not as bad as Konami. They made RE7. Konami would have just made an RE pachinko machine.

With erotic violence.

THREE ARCSYS GAMES AT EVO

THREE FINGERS SHOVED UP CAPCOM'S ASS

SNK is making a comeback

TWO KEYBLADES

oh wait

Nice subtle jab at KoF fans

Was it mostly Capcom's or Marvel/Disney's fault?

So time for Capcom to drop Marvel and revive one of these instead?

THREE GAMES

No, it's time for other companies to take advantage of the opportunity and step (back) into the genre.

Capcom's cheapness and laziness combined with Marvel's need to shill the MCU. Ugly game with uninspired roster. I'd say it's mostly Capcom's fault 2bh.

>with the likes of
>SNK
SNK has always been great. Even while bankrupt and going full pachinko they have ALWAYS been based, fuck you capcvck mong.

I didn't know Marvin Mystery had an official fighting game.

clips.twitch
.tv/AmorphousStupidCatSaltBae

What went so Right?

Both, Disney for not buying XMen when they bought Marvel & Capcom for making a shitty rushed game they thought the name alone could carry

Best bet is Power Stone realistically, but I doubt that heavily. They will just focus on SFV and try again next go round.

Its martin

depends on how much influence marvel really had on capcom; stuff like marvel's roster and music would be out of their control, and I'm pretty sure the same is true for the "realistic" art style, but what about stuff like capcom's side, and the emphasis on a story mode in the marketing, or the DLC characters? I think that might be on Marvel/Disney as well.

And we don't know where the budget came from; we can be sure it was low, but is that Capcom or Marvel's fault?

Sorry I only paid attention to Totally Spies.

>power stone
How on earth was there never a Power Stone character in any of these crossovers? I'm pretty ticked off by the complete lack of new capcom series being repped in MvCI. I've been waiting for a BoF character too. What about the popular requests like God Hand or Asura's Wrath? Not even Monster Hunter, Capcom's biggest series, got to be repped on the base roster. Its really sad.

Both.

Okay, Capcom developed it all, yes. But why didn't Disney, at anypoint, look at the game, see how ugly it was (just one look at Cap America) and how everyone except Captain Marvel had ugly ass faces, and tell Capcom to go back and polish that? If Capcom werent full of fucking idiots, they also would have looked back at their own side of characters, think "Wow, Dante looks like a druggy and Chun Li does not look attractive at all, we should fix up our beloved characters".

Im also 100% sure it was their idea for a shitty "MUH CINEMATIC EXPERIENCE" Story Mode, which is literally where all the development time went into.

I give it 70% Capcoms fault, and 30% Disneys. Both sides where just blinded by greed and self-benefits, thinking they could slap any shit in front of fans and movie watchers for them to pay up and eat up.

even the boxart is bad.

delete this

what really pisses me off about the story mode is that i'm pretty sure its the reason for at least a few of the dumbass roster decisions. Why else would they put in characters like Firebrand or Nemesis if not for fodder for the story mode. They can't bring back Wesker or Vergil since they'd have to fit in the story mode, and that'd be too hard. Just save them for the Season 2 story mode! What bullshit

tough question to answer bro. i would want a new vsav but uhhhh what if it ends up like sfv?

>early thread
Sure smells like reddit

I would KILL for Breakers 2 - The Breakening

your reddit boogyman won't save you now

want darkstalkers, have no faith capcom would do it justice

Of course the Story Mode influenced the roster.

Cartoony characters like Wright, Tron, and Joe next to all these characters that look like they came out of a Call of Duty game?
Arthur and Firebrand were the only exceptions, and look how fucking ugly Arthur looked because of them making him fit with this "Western" artstyle.

it is completly fine to release a mediocre/bad game, but its fucking offending if you then sell overpriced DLC for it and dont acknowledge your mistakes.
Hell this game is so fucking backwards,, even SFV did the whole "unlock shit via playing" thing.
and then marvel has none of it and rediculous prices.

Also it is not VERY Obvious that all the funding money went into MonHun World.

>cartoony characters
Amaterasu not being in MvCI might be the biggest roster sin I've ever seen. Unique and popular newcomer from MvC3 who people loved, with a remastered game coming out soon after, and yet they can't put her in? She'd even avoid the whole terrible voice acting issue!

Capcom put an Ammy courier in Dota 2, instead of putting her in MvCI. If it actually is Marvel's fault they couldn't put her in, I'd actually feel bad for Capcom.

and yet actual video of his reaction when marvel was a no show.

they only had to listen

>Season 2 story mode!
never ever

And this right here is a prime example of Capcom fans entitled arrogance.

Ammy would have heavily clashed with the shit artstyle they decided to go for with this game.

I have no fucking clue why the decision to make everyone look realistic came into play in a goddamn crossover series with zany unrealistic characters.

Don't be stupid. The money went to Disney. You think Disney licenses are cheap?

A season 2 story that will probably never happen now to boot. What a farce, I just wanted to play as the Sparda bros again.

Reminder that this is capcoms esports proposal video that got accidentally leaked.

Im happy I saved it fast enough because today has been hilarious, check it out Sup Forumsros

streamable.com/0pkng

I feel less sympathy for Capcom than I felt for Councilor Troi in that episode of TNG where she lost her psychic powers and was basically just a normal person

They were definitely planning it with the cliffhanger ending. Of course, their deluded minds thought "Once this game goes live, it'll be a big hit". And im glad they got karma fucked.

i dont think thats how it works...
do you really think Capcom asks Disney for the marvel licenses?
i would assume Disney would ask Capcom to make another marvel game...

Disney shits on everything I love.

How do we pop the mouse?

Disney does own the X-Men. They just don't own the movie rights. The reason the X-Men are not in the game is because Marvel wants corporate synergy across all their products, and that means fuck the X-Men.

you guys are so obsessed with capcom.

yeah they're really killing it

I think this royally pissed off McRibs

Yes. This is normally how it works, if you make profit off a game, you normally have to pay for the license. Now the price of the license can be negotiated but normally if you are profiting off an IP, you already bought/rented the licenses.

how did they expect to hype up DUDE ESPORTS with a subpar game? who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

>FIRST TIME AT EVO
This is fucking comedy now

>no kof at evo

I feel sorry for the video editor who had to put this together.

>e-sports proposal
OH NO NO NO

Oh fuck I think I played that game.

Did the characters fly?

As much as I miss Rival Schools and Darkstalkers, I have zero doubt that Capcom would find ways to fuck both of them up. Especially Darkstalkers, a huge part of the charm were the visuals, the characters and the storyline, and Capcom shat the bed hard on all of those for MVC:I.

>FIRST TIME AT EVO

Yeah, it was all flight and projectiles with the odd melee combo, at least the first one on PS1 was.

Even if their business plan was for this game to completely live off of Esports shit, how the fuck in their right minds would they make such an ugly game, ONTOP of adding in some pointless single player mode and wasting development time?

>FIRST TIME AT EVO

Pretty sure I played it, or a sequel on Dreamcast. I really liked it but for the life of me couldn’t remember the name. Just the cover vaguely.

They probably weren't counting on Dragon Ball coming and making MvCI look like complete and utter shit in comparison in every conceivable way, so the stockholm syndrome Capcom playerbase would migrate to it since there'd be no other team based fighter to play.

I'm really glad this blew up in their faces.

Capcom continues to become even stupider and more mindless.

Yes, it's one of my favorite games

Capcom has been utterly corrupted by fgc fags. Back in the SF4 days all they cared about was making a nice looking game that was fun to play. Capcom was never meant to be E-Sports but they were meant to make games that would be played by everybody.

jesus

>first time at EVO
Yeah right, you smug fuckers

>FM not compatible across games
Why even build the CFN if your own titles don't cross support it?

people are playing Injustice 2, they're just not people you like or deem worthy enough to be at EVO

underrated

You think Capcom would get mad at you if you upload this to Youtube?

Trust me, Capcom did not need DBFZ's help on making MvCI look like utter shit, they were already doing a good job of that.

just looking at the "clean" "minimalistic" "e-sports ready" UI of Street Fighter 5 gives me cancer.

Capcom can still make games. They just can't make fighting games anymore.

No.

Make a good sequel to Children of The Atom

And once again, Spongebob has a quote for every situation.

what you just said makes absolutely no sense in a world where SFV exist.

I want it straight from capcoms mouth that they will no longer be supporting infinite, for some reason they put a patch out recently yet are quiet as fuck about their game.

I think they already tore it down from Youtube a few times.

You gotta understand that Max is completely aware of the problems with Marvel. That clip was just him speculating on what was gonna be there, is it wrong for him to speculate now?

This. I’m hopeful for Mega Man 11 and hopefully DMC5.

retards

https:// streamable .com/yzre4

Capcom fucked up bad. This is their own fault. They should have listened.

>DMC5
>wanting a 5th mainline game during a generation where any game that is labeled with a number "5" is complete shit.
Just leave it be, user.

They'll probably wait til later this year if sales don't pick up.

This pretty much, Max isn't a delusional Capcom fan people want him to be. From day 1 he has acknowledged the problems with Marvel Infinite but people hate Max so much that they want him to be someone who thinks Marvel is perfect.

>Using leaderboards for tournament qualifiers

youtube.com/watch?v=KVTOKVihQKM

Why did they call it MvC Infinite anyway. Why not make the true MvC4?

>high profitability
>low costs

It couldn't possibly be any worse than Donte's Infornication at least.

It's been a trend for some time now to avoid numbers in titles. Execs think it scares people off or something.

>Pictures of Rouge and Lilith show up next to MvC1
LILITH WASN'T EVEN IN THAT GAME YOU FUCKS, AND ROUGE WAS JUST AN ASSIST

I'd love to see Rival Schools brought back but I don't want Capcom to fuck it up so why bother. Leave them alone, maybe rerelease them on current systems, and leave it be.

Seth Killian had a hand in SF4 and was always geared at making a good competitive game for SF2 fans.

Woshige, a Guilty Gear player, had a hand in SFV which is why the neutral is so fucked and real basic shit like air to airs not resulting in a disadvantage for the one who hit is overlooked in favor for stacking a bunch of gimmicky mechanics.

Even SFXT made it EVO, TWICE!

TWICE!!

>streamable.com/0pkng
Did....did they use clips from the cheat engine versions of Juri and Urien when people were playing the characters before their actual release?

Because its Cap "Lets just reboot IPs when we fucking feel like it" Com. The game was stated to be a soft reboot of the series when it was announced. Why? I dont even think Capcom knows why.

What did he mean by this?