Can we get a Hector thread going?

Can we get a Hector thread going?

Other urls found in this thread:

serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/27311-quintessence-dont-understand/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no

Could Hector perhaps be not only the best Lord, but the best Fire Emblem character of all time?

Let's have a thread about the best lord instead.

he's a sexy cunt

Tharja is the best Fire Emblem character.

who?

Innes is a fucking stooge

Yes, and yes

I want him to chop me up

>Hector being the best lord
>Either as a character or as a unit
Oh I am laffin

maybe not the best, but still elder god tier

He's an alright character, but by no means is he elder god tier
As a unit he's even less so

>That 8000-word ripping apart of FE7 some guy on Serenes posted

i LOVE hector! i want to marry him and be Lilina's step dad!

Lyn is so fucking badly written
Hector and Eliwood at least bounce of each other well.

what did you just say about my wife?

Bless Dorcas Emblem for including that animation.

Shut up unga poster

Want me to link you to it?

I have it copied to a text document

Calm down, Florina.

Should be Canas and Bartre.

>screenshots for ants
>arranged vertically, not horizontally
Fuck this.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Pegasus knights, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on the dragon gate, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in triangle attacks and I’m the top Pegasus knight in the entire lyn mercenary band. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the Elibe and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s unmounted. Not only am I extensively trained in spear combat, but I have access to swords and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

>been trying to roll Husbando Hector
>no luck

Send help

>why is the original resolution so small
>I cant hold CTRL and scroll
I dont have any retarded wojacks but now I know a good filename for when I do save one

Florina a cute! CUTE!

nah

t-that's a cute picture of my wife, how did you get it?

Florina is cool and all, but HECTOR. Just HECTOR

If Canas wasn't killed in that snowstorm he'd have ended up descending into fucking madness from studying dark magic. If anything this is a good ending for him, he goes out doing something awesome and his family never has to suffer through him getting fully corrupted and possibly fucking them over.

What about HECTOR?

How the fuck did his mom not go mental then?

>tfw no FE6 and FE7 remake where you can save canas for FE6 if you get A rank with renault. Which unlocks a gaiden chapter where you find a crazed canas who tried to make his own morphs and begs you to kill him as he feels the darkness overtaking him.

>5 mov without boots
>Locked to axes until promote
>Low res in the game with the most mages.
No thanks

Hey I'd take being locked to axes over sword or bow lock anyday

>>Locked to axes until promote
>>Low res in the game with the most mages.
>Thinking these two things matter
The good number of Lance wielding units in FE7 generally trivializes the problem of being Axe-locked, and it also means Hector can always have access to 1-2 range with a hand-axe. Enemy magic attack is also not high enough for Res to be a relevant stat, Hector's high HP pool more than makes up for it as a result.

axes have handaxe for range and high damage, as well as the demon axe. Also he is a lot easier to level since he actually does damage. With eliwood you have to wear down his rapier to get through the first few levels and even then he hits like a wet noodle. lyn has a better preferred weapon and 10 chapters to power up.
Hector is by far the best lord unless you play hector mode and feed eliwood all the xp.

Lyn mode is the only well written part of 7. The main story and supports are a fucking disaster.

Reminder that his daughter likes to fuck bandits

W-what is this ripping apart autism?
And where could I read it?

serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/27311-quintessence-dont-understand/
Hold on to your butt.

>Lyn mode is the only well written part of 7
The complete idiocy that is the whole Araphen plot disagrees.
Lyn's mode is less bad than the rest, but only because it both plays it safe and partly because it's so short it barely manages to have time to do all that many stupid things.

Have you ever considered falling in love with the antagonist?

Not FE7, but is their any reason why Garnef just leaves when he had his tome and no one had starlight in Book 1? I know he was also going to betray Medeus, and he actually had Starlight stolen in book 2, but this sticks out.as why?

Because FE doesnt have competent main villains

>Chapter 6, for instance, is an affront to logic. Lyn finally arrives in Lycia and there are no more bandits to harangue her. Instead, Lundgren sends more assassins to kill her. She's staying in Araphen at the moment, which Kent and Sain describes as the second-largest city in Lycia, after Ostia. Lundgren's assassins, in all their intelligence, decide to burn down Araphen's castle. I don't understand how this is a good plan. Marquess Araphen would logically not be happy about this and perhaps retaliate against Caelin. His territory, after all, is the second-largest in Lycia, larger than Caelin. But Lundgren says "Political repercussions be damned!" and burns down the castle anyways. However, it's not clear how burning down the castle aids his assassination attempt. When an assassin finally does show up to kill Lyn, he is stopped by Araphen's captain of the guard, who was alerted due to the fire. So actually, the fire made their assassination attempt fail. So why did they set it? Why, too, did they take Marquess Araphen hostage? Again, Lundgren is set to be a new ruler, and forging political alliances would be a top priority. Wantonly attacking other territories and burning their castles down is not likely to gain him any friends. Anyways, during the fight, a thief joins your team. Later it's revealed that he is an Ostian spy. So, not sure what he's doing stealing treasure from Araphen's castle, but whatever.

After the chapter Marquess Araphen yells at Lyn for bringing the calamity upon his castle. This is funny because it was actually Lundgren who ordered the assassins to attack his castle—a fact he even acknowledges in the script. He then refuses to help Lyn because it seems like Lundgren is more likely to become the marquess and Araphen wants to remain in his good graces. But… Araphen is the second-largest city in Lycia. Caelin is a blip so insignificant that it does not even receive mention in Fire Emblem 6. And how, pray tell, is Araphen going to explain to his people that the person who burnt down his castle is now his ally?

>fire emblem girls wearing pantsu
"fan" art is a mistake

*Hector's wife

But hector's already banging florina. Florina's delicate flower personality naturally fits hector's tough outside.

Hector > Ephraim
Jesus on Wheels Sigurd > Ephraim

Thanks to the nips wanting Ike to be bishounen in between FE9 and 10 because they can't handle a bearish homosexual without turning him into a stereotype, there will be no more Hectors, Ikes, or Ephraims and my favourite franchise will continue to be for soyboys. They even gave Alm an oestrogen injection.

I miss alpha Lords. Ironically they used to be so played out, yet now it would be REFRESHING for a Lord that IS WILLING to kill and UNDERSTANDS war is killing without being Coldsteel the Hedgeheg.

Fuck this.

Tell me about the cute sexy sisters that hector and sigurd have and bang every day.

This is a message from Lord Nergal. I await you on the Dread Isle.

>Hector > Ephraim
Wew lad.
Hector's both a worse unit and character

>muh min-maxing
>muh ltc

>implying Ephraim has that
>implying Eirika isn't ugly and sexless

Hector is both a better unit and character, he's hot blooded and his STR is maximum. He has few peers in Fire Emblem and Ephraim isn't one of them, he's below Hector.

>niime not mental

>>>implying Ephraim has that
I am
>implyying Eirika isn't ugly and sexless
well if you have this poor taste dont bother replying again. I take the cute killer sister pretty please

Ray turned out ok.

Wrong, Hector is thrice the man that sister fucker will ever be

> Hector can always have access to 1-2 range with a hand-axe
the 55% accurate hand axe which you won't be able to double with

Birthright Corrin is pretty ok with killing

Barely. He whines like a little bitch throughout the thing, and Nohr is the biggest caricature of evil waito piggu out.

Imagine being the man with no taste, truly Sacred Stonefags are the worst.

>GBA enemies
>having speed

granted its not hard to have a spd screwed hector, but gba enemies have absolute piss stats, also its still better than having no 1-2 range at all like youd be stuck with being sword locked outside of niche weapons like light brand/runesword

FE7 btfo.

I like Hector because he always turns into a beast

>having accuracy problems in 7

>20 res
did you not level him at all and feed him the afa drops?

Holy shit.
That being said, I hate to tell him he's a faggot for writing all this down. Because you either get people saying "yeah you cannot give an example" or "its not as broken as you claim" or you get "wow you spent 8000 words on this, nerd".

>heroes
no

>spent the first few months rolling green after green to try and get Hector
>have to do it all over again now

I don't remember exactly because this is from a while ago. I always level up my lords though, so he'd have been at 20 or close to it by the time I got the drops.

I probably gave him the drops, so the res is an outlier, but I've never had a Hector not max out the other stats

That poor Mage Knight from Thracia nobody remembers

Say something nice about Hector's friend's wife's son.

Nice sword

>Hector is both a better unit
Hector is not nearly as good.

>I hate to tell him he's a faggot for writing all this down
Why pretend to, even in that shithole multiple users barely stop short of it, as well as follow every example you mention.
He's right though, and I say this while liking quite a few of 7's characters.

It's almost sad he genuinely thought of it as the last bastion of the FE fandom as a whole(trick answer, there is none).

Sword is good

How can I say anything about such a useless lord. Still feel bad for hector to know he dies young, isnt the hero of his own tale and his only child is getting GINGERED

This is our FE thread at the moment, so bear with me.

New Cipher cards are being revealed now. A new reveal each day. First up, the focus of the set.

your definition of "good" is bad if it doesn't match with how most people actually play the game. most people find a unit that's fucking invincible and has insane strength like Hector more useful than a unit like Ephraim who's weaker in terms of str and def and still not the best on speed even if he's worse on terms of movement

but he has a horse and caps, and he's in the easiest FE aside from Awakening

>He's right though, and I say this while liking quite a few of 7's characters.
I played FE7 recently and I didnt really pay attention to the subplots since I figured (correctly) that they were mostly excuses to give you more fodder to kill. The main plot didnt really make sense either and I didnt really like it. Although if you accept you have anime characters rather than humans a lot of it is forgiveable. I know it sounds weird but the endless copy/pasting of characters pretty much caused anime characters to no longer be exaggerated humans but instead become their own type of people with their own rules and values. Like taking a knife to the chest and holding on long enough to tell someone critical information.
A lot of FE7's plotholes couldve been fixed easily by a script doctor. For example quintessence when harvested would slowly decay in strength, so keeping people alive until there is enough quintessence to harvest quickly would be important. As would fixating it in morphs (which would also use some power to move, which would fix the plothole of using the human members early on) help out.

I think most of the good parts come from the supports, but since the writer doesnt know when you advance them and which ones you advance he cannot weave them into the larger story. Some links talk about killing and forgiveness (jaffar/matthew, isadora/renault, renault in general, eliwood) and taking that as theme wouldve made it a lot better. Nergal being unable to let go and forgive causing him to go insane, black fang members joining, etc.

At least post somebody relevant to the thread.

How many hundreds of dollars have you spent so far

>cypher gachashit is relevant to the thread
wtf I hate ontopic now

I can agree if they meshed a bit better with themes from the supports in comparison to the actual plot, that could work.
Although they really don't mesh the "killing and forgiveness" and "loss of a loved one" as well as they could have.
Athos' entire existence, the fact that Brendan exists to send his kids to die and look sad about it, that Ninian and Nils seem to have not a lick of memory of their mother but don't seem to question why that is especially with the "familiar" voice that guided them there....
Etc.

I can agree with you on the point about anime characters, but I personally can't pull SoD when they mix it in so much. Renault being a rather human and fantastic character despite being a proto morph, something that'd basically give him the free ticket to being a special type of anime character that's not even good enough to be a cheap plot device(Athos).

At the very least, those themes might actually help Lyn have some lasting character if they used the bandit spam even passingly in her plotline.

>Locked to axes until promote

That's like being locked to Holsety.

That being said, Hector Hard Mode has proven to me time and time again that he's far from invincible, and instead it's pretty impressive that he can take more than 2 hits from something. Anything.