WoW

Where do you fall Sup Forums? There is a correct answer.

It's not Purist/Purist

I don't play casual babby shit like WoW.

I think transmog should stay. It allows you to look how you want to look.

I don't play casual babby shit like WoW.

This. Vanilla was literally paying a monthly fee to do chores and Legion is a glorified Facebook game.

I think we all know how WoW Classic will turn out

Reminder that "making specs viable" will break the entire game and thus wont ever happen. Blizzard isnt going to go back and rebalance (really, remake) every single instance so you can play ret pally on every boss

none of those examples are what I want, but i guess I would fall somewhere along Gameplay Purist and Feature reformist.

QoL improvements are absolutely ok to bring in as long as the essence of Vanilla WoW is preserved. I don't want every spec to be raid viable, in fact I prefer having raid specs, dungeon specs, solo specs, and pvp specs with some crossover between them.

Hybrid classes should be reworked to their BC status along with itemization. 20 man raids were a blessing for many guilds, but having an occasional 40 man would be great. Leaving the single fight raids at 40 but the raid dungeons at 20 would be great.

The only correct choice is not playing WOW

Feature Purist. Gameplay Reformist. Specs need to be balanced along with loot tables and tier sets for each spec.

How are you able to tell at a glance how geared someone may be? Generally you can learn the popular PVP sets and judge if its smart to go in on someone or not if you want to do well and survive encounters that arent levelled against you when 1 on 1 even.

Neutral/Neutral

Gameplay and Feature reformist. I think the game is in a pretty good place right now.

They need to do something about the hybrid spec being shit in raids but without homogenizing them too much. It should be pretty easy to tweak some numbers to make Ele Shamans and Balance dudus good at least.

>I think the game is in a pretty good place right now
Classic isn't for you then.

>complaining about the 1%
>actually being the one in the 1%
Guess he really is retarded

True neutral. Why the fuck would anyone want to go back to playing something like a mage where your rotation is one button? But at the same time, LFD, transmog etc. need to go.

This thing is going to annoy more people than it will satisfy. Ideally there would be "true vanilla" servers and "reformed vanilla" servers.

It isn't. Thinks like the Dungeon Finder, being able to freely change between specs, being able to fly in the later parts of the xpac but not being a pain to navigate without flying, scalling so you can actually finish a zone, world quests as an evolution from dailies, and so forth are just better.

I'm open to major changes in both features and gameplay, although I don't really understand the difference.

Dual spec might be cool, I want to fix the auction house UI, and remove addon support. Add new features as well to compensate for the loss of addons.
But don't do anything that ruins the spirit of the game. No flying mounts, no LFR, no P2W, don't make minmaxed gear etc.

One idea I had that would be really cool would be if the players cound draw on the map, kind of like Zelda DS, and then they could trade or sell the maps to other players. So no addons that gives information for free, but a player could draw all the mining locations on the map and sell to other players.

Feature reformist gameplay purist here AMA. I think clientside or even transmog stuff wont ruin the experience. The content and gameplay is what matters.

Neutral. Transmog should be a no because it wasn't in Vanilla, simple as that. Client base stuff like battle net is going to happen anyway due to it having to be on the client. Colourblind mode obviously, pretty stupid not to add this. New models is a tough one. update the textures of the models but not the animations, the new animations are atrocious. Make it a toggle

What the hell is the loot surfing bug?

It really hangs hard on who is doing the development and the game design. In a perfect ideal world I wouldnt mind purely cosmetic updates or certain classes getting tweaked to improve viability. But its ActiBlizz so I will be firmly stuck in purist/purist until I can trust the dev team to keep Vanilla from turning into retail over 2 years of community requested QoL improvements.

the one where a good game gets remade like ultima online

If it's the one I'm thinking off, you'd get stuck in the 'looting crouch' stance after looting and float around like that.

All wrong, WoW Ascension is the true successor to Vanilla WoW

That was funny. it should stay. all the bugs should stay, including that one where you can use the periscope to float in the air. bugs are cool, patches are fucking gay.

first column, second row (also battlegrounds)

>Lightforged Draenei SHADOW Priest >Void Elf HOLY Priest Blizzardhacks really didn't thought this one out well, huh

no addons no bullshit make hybrids the soy eating cucks they were.

Firmly Feature Purist/Gameplay Reformist.

You can go get fucked, nigger. I bet you played a rogue.

>no addons
there were addons in vanilla you faggot

I don't give much of a shit so long as there isn't any goddamn LFG tool / Dungeon finder.
That thing was absolute goddamn cancer and was the #1 reason I dropped WoW.

Does this guy think WoW is the only RPG in existance or something?

I think dungeon finder would be perfectly reasonable to have as long as it was not cross-server and did not teleport you to the instance.

>dungeon finder
>single server for each region
>no name-change
sounds good to me

Fuck you.
Being mushed into a group with 4 randoms when you can't vet any of them to remove paint-drinking retards = bad

Why?

Undead holy priest? They really didnt think this out huh?

You could just not use it.

Flying mounts and LFR pls

This is exactly the reason that I would want dungeon finder. Moronic faggot elitists like you who think that you need fuckin tier 2 raid gear to do a simple dungeon. Dungeons in vanilla were piss fucking easy with very few exceptions. You're probably the kind of nigger who would leave or try to get a hybrid DPS kicked too. Fuck you.

>ilvl 950+ link curve
>normal difficulty

>must have t3 to join dire maul

I played Vanilla and I specifically remember guilds being built around both casual raiding and hardcore mindsets. It was always a matter of interacting on your server and finding out what suits your availability and playstyle. LFR would still match you with elitists so I'm not seeing your issue here.

LFD. Not LFR. LFR is cancer because in order for it to work, all challenge has to be sucked out of raids.

Standing around the entrance and talking to people worked fine. Dungeon finder can get fucked. It also let you avoid whiny autists like this guy:

Gameplay purist and feature neutral for now, but I can see myself circulating between the top-left spectrum at any given time.

More than anything people just want the preservation of Vanilla's community, as the game made content more accessible it made bringing people together to accomplish things redundant, what's the point of an MMO if you're not having to work together to complete the content?

I like LFD because it gives me group invites when normally I would never get one because I don't subscribe to the hybrid = healer bullshit.

Oh, so you are one of those. Literally noone but casual 12 year old shitters enjoyed wasting time sitting around waiting to form a group.
You carebear faggots should all be gassed.

Why did anyone need to stand around? I got shit done all the time solo in the LFG channel. It can be seen as tedious but I never felt like I was wasting my time.

I don't see any harm in adding toggleable changes like the new models and colorblind mode and shit. Stuff that only the player can see and is optional.

Everything else should just be vanilla mode.

>Why did anyone need to stand around?
>Not even one post ago: Standing around the entrance and talking to people worked fine.

>colorblind mode
If they didn't need it before 7.1, they don't need it in vanilla.

That guy is just an idiot then. Chat channels were implemented for a reason.

To call people niggers in.

People played on nonPVP servers?

>not having it before is the same as it not being needed before

I liked how dungeons worked in BC. You had the dungeon finder, but you had to have three members of the group travel to the dungeon. And you were able to select your roles yourself, you weren't forced into specific things.

Obviously, why do you think we've been on this shitty board for years on end?

Clearly there's something endearing about calling people niggers.

Yeah, it was an urgently needed feature. I can see why they wasted no time in putting it in.

How does its implementation affect you or the overall gameplay?

the only change I want to see is dual spec or removal of respec cost

I'd like to see all specs viable, with quality of life changes regarding UI/Interface, personally.

Although I could do without spec viability, it would be nice. No LFG/Dungeon Finder bullshit.

I don't get why you're so against a qol feature that you have no idea if someone is using and doesn't affect gameplay in the slightest

I can't wait for Hunters rolling need on fucking everything again.

>_____ Elf
Nigga is a sociopath wanting to burn the world

Full reformist

Vanilla wasn't good because of its gameplay and features
The reason it was good is something that is not recapturable. You have to accept that the game can go back but you never can

i'm a complete purist. I want it exactly how it was in 2004-6, warts and all. If you don't like Vanilla for how it is then you shouldn't be hyped for Classic and i don't see why you would even care about it except just to bandwagon and be trendy.

>privileged 1% of the playerbase

These kind of people ruined this genre. There is plenty of content preceding that 1% that faggots like him could participate in.

Keep everything the same, but use Patch 1.12.1 as a base and fix Paladin gear progression for tanks.
Also make Bear not suck maybe.
>B-but muh Warrior tank monopoly

I just unlocked Lightforged and Nightborn. I'm making ym Lightforged a Milf and my Nightborn a Gilf so I'm trying to settle on an age.

If I'm going to have my Lightforged be around before the Legion shrecked Argus she would need to be around 12k years old I'd say? And my Nightborn would have to be older than that I presume. I was going to say something like 17k years old? Am I being retarded when it comes to these races ages or what?

Oh boy can't wait to be never be invited into a raiding guild since I play a ret pally or be forced to roll holy.

>hurr its everybody elses fault i play a memespec

I would use classic to retcon what later expansions did to lore.

Yeah because spamming flash of light and kings on people is such engaging gameplay.

>Warlocks will suddenly wonder why they're complete shit

Go hit rank 14 then?

I don't know why you're expecting an offshoot build that's sub-optimal at DPS would be a worthwhile slot to fill in a raid.

>hurr why cant my hybrid class be as good as pure classes in everything wtf blizzard sub cancelled
thanks its people like you who killed the game

I'm of two minds about the LFD thing, because it is the slow death of the community.
However it also lets a warlock get a group invite outside of demon heavy instances.

Back in vanilla before I found my guild it was impossible for me to find a group because of the sheep, sap, trap meme.
I knew how to seduce, and how to keep two feared mobs under control with recklessness and weakness.
Still didn't get regular groups until marudon was patched in, or to help other locks get their mounts.

So what happens when people get tired of running Molten Core for the 700th time and grinding BGs for honor decay?

same thing they did even then and still do today
level alts/do it anyway/quit

I was an affliction lock in vanilla and never had problems getting into 5 mans. I was on a heavily populated server though which helped quite a bit, can't imagine the upcoming vanilla servers having population issues either. None of the dungeons were challenging enough to warrant specific DPS types even if they did make clearing faster.

Thank god blizzard didn't listen to you delusional faggits during TBC/Wrath.

The same thing that will happen less than a month after the vanilla servers hit.

Most people will realize their nostalgia goggles aren't thick enough to deal with the bullshit and quit.

>why i can't do everything while other people have to waste time leveling a shit class like a faggot paladin

compete with other neet loser guilds over who can do the fastest epic for the win molten core speedrun

i bet you are you wrathbabby
>waaaaaah why isnt ret paladin as op as it was in wrath? shit game! shit game!
every time
its always a paladin

now I know you didn't play wow until cata came out
>ret was op in wrath meme
it was pretty much only the wrath pre-patch that ret was broken

>ret pally
>OP in wrath
Funny way to write out Fury Warrior or Arcane Mages.

>ret pally
why is it always the paladins?

Optional graphics toggles hurt no one.
Bugs and exploits should always be fixed.

What abilities/items there are or how they function shouldn't be changed, but I'm fine with numbers being tweaked. Like for example, rend being buffed to not be worse than useless.

I don't even main a pally but you are an idiot if you think its good game design for half the specs to be dog shit.

Don't mind me, just the best raid coming through

I wouldn't call them dog shit, just dog shit at certain functions. I wouldn't want to level up a warrior without fury spec, the same way I wouldn't want to run a prot warrior for pvp.

arcane, discipline, and boomkin sucked though so I understand on some level where you're coming from. Hybrids in general are difficult to balance.

haven't seen this webm in a few months

Client-side changes like the updated models are fine.
No x-realm bgs.
Respec costs stay the same.
BC-style LFD tool is fine. It was literally nothing more than a chat channel replacement. You still had to walk.
R14 grind is fine.
All specs should be raid-viable.
No transmogs, no cheevos.

The only correct alignement.

I'm waiting to cash in on this user's prediction.

>R14 grind is fine
Yes I want pretend playing the game like a second full time job is fine.
R14 grind was cancer and basically made cliques you had to be part of in order to get R14 or you would forever be on some top guild's shitlist.