What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Nothing went right, so, everything.

For some reason people thought it was a MOBA then shitposting took over and everybody who hasn't played it kept criticising it with shit that wasn't true.

Oh it was also a shit game.

>no cover
>no retreat
>no unit preservation (have you EVER heard of an RTS where you gain resources for losing units??)
>jarring art style shift
>no respect to the lore
>no kill animations
>only 1 game mode
>heavy MOBA influences rammed into it for literally no reason other than "its popular"
>units made of fucking tissue paper die faster than even starcraft units
>pitiful, boring campaign
>like 3 fucking maps to play on
>only 3 factions

the game was a massive shitshow. not saying a MOBA/RTS hybrid wouldn't work, but that's not what dawn of war ever was and never should have turned into it all for the sake of muh charts and muh profits (despite it bombing because of it).

TLDR: the game was a cash grab and is shit. DOW2 reigns supreme, likely forever now that this killed the franchise.

Listening to DoWI fans when you have no intention of making DoWI - II.

>game was a cash grab
No. They fell for the fucking esports meme.

>Make game nearly exclusively about heroes
>Spam abilities like MOBA shit
>Pitiful base building
>Act surprised when people go back to playing Soulstorm mods and TTS

Pretty much this. Could have made an ok starcraft clone game with a different skin, a new IP a new idea, but basically it just shit on a franchise that everyone enjoyed and all the functions from either of the last games that anyone enjoyed.

NO LAST STAND

the game was nothing like DoW1 though, or even DoW2. if it was it's own new IP people wouldn't nearly be so mad about it.

imagine if atlus released a battle royale game that was also a turn based RPG and it was completely rushed out the door and just didn't work at all and wasn't fun at all? pretty bad right? now imagine if they called the game persona 6? that's what it feels like

Refusing to take advantage of all the strengths from previous games, even the obvious ones.
Seriously, what the fuck were they thinking when they decided to have two best voiced characters of the series, then give them completely different VAs?
Did they not learn from soulstorm? They could at least have got someone well known to do it as a compromise like they did with eliphas

they probably weren't willing to pay the original VA because this game was a feeble cash grab that flopped miserably.

I'm not sure who to blame, SEGA for being fucking jews or relic for being infested by SJW's yet again. its fucking poison SJW's ruin every fucking game they touch

Last stand is what made them assume that people wanted MOBA shit.
Difference is that they implemented it as a whole element of the game, instead of a standalone mini-game.

women, trannies and minorities. relic will never ever make something good again.

>You know what RTS players like? MOBAS!

>ignores demands of the fans of DoW1 and DoW2
>tries to attract new players from the already oversaturated genre
Did they expect GW to pay them for pushing models of from the elite range? I don't know how to explain focus on elite units otherwise.

They made a game that didn't appeal to the pre established DoW fanbase and tried to pander to a crowd that wasn't interested in the first place.

>DoW2 has a great cover system.
>Here have this bubble shit instead.

If they were going to skimp out, they should have gone with literal who characters.
They’ve done well with them before.

Welcome to the last decade

>Last stand is what made them assume that people wanted MOBA shit.
But Last Stand isn't a Moba, that's what makes it good. It's just cooperative wave-based defense with a progression and customization system. The game is literally made as a sandbox so you can just fuck around with wacky builds for your character without getting flamed for 40 minutes by tryhard kiddies who want to be the next E-sports sensation.

Probably bait, but in case it isn't.
How was it not a MOBA?

If they only launched with Annihilation and old maps it would still be played

>creeps
no
>items
no
>control one guy
no
>team v team
only if you want that
>no base building
no
>towers
not really

>have franchise well known for X, Y, Z
>"LET'S THROW AWAY X, Y, Z, AND PUT A, B, C, EVEN THOUGH PEOPLE WHO LIKE A, B, C WILL NEVER PLAY OUR GAME. WHAT CAN GO WRONG!!!???"
Dead Space, C&C, DmC, MGSV, FF13-present, God of War, Halo, Duke, Ass Effect, and countless others. WHY DO THEY KEEP DOING THAT. IT **NEVER** WORKED.

>have you EVER heard of an RTS where you gain resources for losing units??

CoH Online Defensive Doctrine nostalgia

>brilliant reveal trailer
>hot flaming garbage final product

We are stuck in an eternal cycle of suffering.

>content like in Kickstarter project
>60$ + tip

The DOW II cover system is complete ass for anything beyond ~5 squads with small body count. It's just too tedious and limiting for anything more.
Ditching it in favor of something else is the only decission in this game I actually understand. But then my understanding quickly ends with those bubbles. Those are kind of a shit idea.

>We want the StarCraft II audience
When it doesn't exist in the first place.

I don't even think hot flaming garbage is fair. It's just a functional RTS with none of the character that makes the Warhammer IP so popular, and no real flair that makes it stand out from other games.

>still no necrons

Expansion was canned
The entire game was abandoned

RIP in pieces relic

It got too greedy. Instead of being content with the large DoW fanbase they knew was out there, they wanted to expand with MOBAshit and try to become some big gaming icon at the expense of content like maps or factions.

Plus shit like no retreat buttons, a handful of maps, one fucking game mode, no sync kills, a disgusting art style that completely contradicts the announcement trailer that everyone loved, etc.

If they wanted a MOBA so fucking bad they should have just remade Last Stand with more content. I would have gone for that.

What's it gonna be?

what's the context here?

The winner will get a free DLC. The others will get a paid DLC.

pretty much a given that total war gets it isn't it?

Still, it will get a paid DLC.

It's likely gonna be Total War: Warhammer. I heard it's actually decent too, compared to DoW:III.

I would love for it to be DoW3 just because I know we aren't going to see anything of this series anymore.