Why did he go insane? It makes no sense

Why did he go insane? It makes no sense
>Is a general at SOLDIER
>"Finds out" his mother is an ancient
>Goes insane

It just seems so out of character, I recently replayed Crisis Core and It's really weird how he goes from this composed, dry and silent dude to a maniac. Can someone explain?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9pxrW077_rE
youtube.com/watch?v=EQrmuBW3Tok
youtube.com/watch?v=qUw_swLuGJo
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bad writing.

You got me, OP. I also don't get why he and Cloud antagonize each other in spinoff content like KH and Dissidia. What's Sephiroth's beef with Cloud again

He red pilled himself by reading books in the Shinra mansion for days.

I thought he just misinterpreted everything.

It is not like Hojo's archives were perfect.

jenova cells implanted at birth started reacting to something (presumably the first time a call went out, sephiroth arrived and went nutso, the second time is "the reunion" some npcs talk about in ff7 when you're on your way to the northern crater)

essentially when they got to the shinra mansion in niebelheim, sephiroth read about jenova and around this time he would have felt a draw from the cells hojo implanted when he was a fetus, and thought jenova was his mother

in brackets is my hypothesis as to why it happened, but the information is all in game i'd assume.

He found out he's literally Frankenstein's monster and his whole life is a lie, coupled with extreme self supremacist ideals because he saw everyone else as subhuman trash.

>finds out he and his companions are essentially lab rat experiments gone right
Yeah I have no idea why he'd go fucking mad

deviantart tier fanboyism shit. It sells, SE knows it does.

Better question: Why is a high-ranking military officer permitted to dress like a male stripper?

He was always mentally off because of Jenova's influence on his mind

Are YOU going to be the higher-up that tells motherfucking Sephiroth he can't dress the way he wants to?

so hes Sup Forums

Well, he did pierce him with his sword, I would be mad at the guy

All of Sephiroth's actions make sense if you assume he's a dumbass

Seeing Jenova reacted with his own Jenova cells and made him mentally unstable.

Because he's the special wonderchild of the corp. Chances are, they went along with said oddities just because he was so damn special, including a custom fucking uniform and whatnot whereas other supersoldiers under their command get regular old boring uniforms like the one Cloud and Zack are wearing.

It's amazing how Crisis Core was supposed to fill in blanks and yet ended up doing anything but that, if anything it created even more.

First class SOLDIERs do have the right to disobey orders. Most of them do so in extreme circumstances but Sephiroth abuses the privilege to wear his bad ass duster.
youtube.com/watch?v=9pxrW077_rE

The entire thing was part of Hojo's experiment. Many of the documents at the Shinra Manor were planted by Hojo and designed to drive Sephiroth insane upon reading them. Sephiroth was basically a rat in a maze the entire time.

>dude nearly flies with each jump, cuts through chuncks of rocks and solid steel
"ha ha, lol, man, you can't wear this super stylish thing here"

Might as well ask here since this is an FFVII thread, though somewhat related:
Do you ever actually fight anyone in SOLDIER in this game? The cast kinds of hype up the elite-ness of them in the beginning of the game, but none of the major NPC's I can think of are actually SOLDIER in the present time (Zack's dead and I'm not counting Sephiroth either). It just seems weird you don't really get to see them in action against you, unless I'm missing something.

They actually explain in Crisis Core that 1st Class SOLDIERs are allowed to wear what they feel like, which is why he (and Genesis) does. Also just an explanation for costume design.

It's a combination of these two.

Imagine what it would really be like to learn that your life is a lie. Really. What would it REALLY be like? All those memories you have which seemed odd, suddenly make sense. 1000's of these memories explode in your head at once.

So excited to see this guy back, in the remake ;)

You can fight all ranks of SOLDIER in the original FF7 as early as invading the Shinra building you can encounter 3rd class SOLDIER who you can steal a really good weapon for Cloud from. You Encounter 2nd class Soldier during the attack on Junon by weapon and you fight 1st class SOLDIERs during the final attack on Midgar.

>I recently replayed Crisis Core
Found your problem.

Extending the universes of the mainline FF games was a mistake. I'm still deathly afraid to touch TAY

In CC you fight some towards the end I think, and in some of the optional side missions. In FF7 itself you fight them sporadically throughout the game.

It is rather odd. Usually we fought Shinra Robots from Heideggar and Scarlet's department. I only remember righting some SOLDIER around the time you get the airship from Junon or something like that.

I think it might be disbanded after CC. Their remnants are probably one wingers and those monstery guys in the Mako chambers.

Crisis core is such a fucking turd. It's one thing to have shit writing ad usual, but even the gameplay is ass. .

They already fucked FFX with the Spice Girls wannabe sequel and continued dragging it through the mud with shitty novels and audio dramas.

100% agree.
You fight SOLDIER a fuckton of times, pay attention.

What, no way. Not sure how I don't remember fighting these guys at all. And they're just regular mooks? Also, that jousting lance umbrella sword weapon they're holding looks horrible.

>literally Sonic recolor Sephiroth
I liked the game enough, but I am getting really tired of Tabata and Nomura.

Sephiroth is just still assblasted Cloud poked him with a sword and sent him down a glowy pit emperor palpatine style.

It was actually Gackt who designed him.

It's like they tried to make the most half-assed, uninspired ARPG possible and succeeded.

I know that, but just the fact it was allowed.

Nomura made Tifa. I can't hate the guy.

>And they're just regular mooks?
Yepperoni they're a bit tougher than other run of the mill enemies but they shouldn't give you too much trouble.

>that jousting lance umbrella sword weapon they're holding looks horrible
One of the few things Crisis Core did for the better was design a new standard issue sword for SOLDIER.

Are you gonna argue about the dress code with a frankenstein mutant that looks like an angel walking the earth and can throw buildings around willy nilly?

He got blackpilled reading a bunch of books and notes in the mansion library, and found out everything he knows is a lie, so he goes militant nihilist and decides it’s time to end everything.

Didn't Jenova hijack his body after their first meeting?

no

thats just fanboys wank

I totally forget the plot of this game. Wasn't the Sephiroth that offs Aerith and the one you fight in the Northern Crater different people?

>He didn't play FF7

HURR DURR WHY NO MAKE SENSE?

I've only ever played ff1 and xiv, and I never managed to beat the former as i was confused about where to go. What ff games are good?

Because CC had shit writing

Yes, the real Sephiroth is incased in this crystal thingy, all those Sephiroths are jenova-Sephiroths

4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14 (If you like MMOs), 15

The rest range from lukewarm to bad.

Remember that the entire point of the Jenova project was to create a human with the powers of the Cetra that would lead humanity to the Promised Land. At the time of her discovery, Jenova was thought to be a cetra. Sephiroth was created by having Jenova-cells injected into Lucrecia in the womb. Hojo is also apparently Sephiroth's dad (unless it was Vincent who somehow impregnated Lucrecia).

Sephiroth's entire fucking life was an experiment. He always felt different from other people, for his entire life. Then he learned why. Because that fucking alien lifeform from another planet, this "calamity from the skies," was, to his knowledge, his only kin.

This puts his entire life into context. His true identity is now clear to him. He finally understands his true purpose.

>I don't understand something so it's bad writing.
Kill yourself.

Physically no. Mentally yes.
Jenova cells can shapeshift, and when Aeris was killed they took the form of Sephiroth, so it isn't physically Sephiroth.
However those Jenova cells were being controlled by Sephiroth, so it was mentally Sephiroth.

Jenova was never an ancient she was the calamity from the sky that wiped out the ancients, an alien

Tactics

Dirge of Cerberus confirms that Vincent got cucked and never plowed lucrecias alien infested pucci.

IV, VII, IX, and especially X are usually the go-to recommendations if you're new to FF or JRPGs in general.

If you got lost in FFI, I'm hesitant to rec IV and it popularized (but I won't say invented) a LOT of the tropes found in JRPGs over the years to the point where it's now retroactively cliche as fuck.

Generally people rec X a lot because it has VA and the kids these days think a game is too dated if they've actually gotta read shit. Personally, I think it will give you the best first impression of the series regardless of the VA. It's one of those games that even appeals to non-fans of the genre.

Thanks pal. Most of the early ones are emulatable, right?

>unless it was Vincent who somehow impregnated Lucrecia
I had that theory until I played DoC.
Turk Vincent was too pure to fall for that Harlot, that is Lucrecia.

Are you so sure? He discovered he is made out of a space Jesus' blood, who also happens to be called M.O.T.H.E.R. Dude has been an pro soldier his entire life with little to no meaning and the sole reason he excels what he does is because of space Jesus' blood. He suddenly realizes he's far superior to everyone around him. He suddenly has meaning, a goal and purpose in life. In his mind he isn't going insane, he's just liberating his mom.

I'd argue 15 is lukewarm desu

Liberating his mom by cutting her head off and controlling her body with it

Yeah, well I worded it that way because fuck a lot of the compilation materials.

Everything up to 9 is easy to emulate, then 10 and 12 if you get a PS2 Emulator working. Though the better version of 12 just released on Steam.

Yeah, that's fair.

Reminds me of this edgyass motherfucker violating the dress code.

He found out he was a test tube baby created from alien DNA and that Shinra was using him and her to accumulate more power for themselves. Jenova then told him to kill everyone and eat the Lifestream.

Thread theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=EQrmuBW3Tok

People seem to forget that Sephiroth didn't know Jenova was actually an alien, until he fell into the lifestream. Before that he believed Shinra's mistaken research that Jenova was an Ancient, and that was why he hated humans.

Sephiroth is literally the genetic son of an evil entity that destroys and consumes planets

Basically all the information in the Shinra manor was planted by Hojo for Sephiroth to find. It's probably obvious to Hojo by that time that Jenova is not a Cetra, but whatever information was given to Sephiroth was whatever Hojo wanted him to think.

>bad ass
>duster
You can only pick one of these, and not the other.

>Always knew he was different, a freak of nature
>Thinks he's a monster due to his overwhelming power
>Hojo was always fucking with him, Gast was a nice guy to him but died
>Discovers the mansion library, reads all of Gast's notes
>Misunderstands horribly and thinks he's the child of an alien destroyer, but that said alien is a mystical "Ancient"
>His psyche is shattered overnight and he gets to thinking that he should destroy the planet just like "mother"
>He gets bodied by Cloud's Preemptive Materia, both Sephiroth and Jenova fall into the lifestream
>Jenova assumes Sephiroth's form for the entirety of the game so that she can break him out of the Northern Crater and get the Black Materia for him to summon a Meteor to nuke the planet
It makes perfect sense. He was a victim of mistaken identity and a puppet.

>Crisis Core
Worthless fanfiction of a game, nothing in that shitheap is canon to the FF VII timeline.

Wait, did Gast actually know and meet Sephiroth? My understanding was that he left Midgar with Ifalna before Sephiroth was born.

Except jenova is never found to have a will of its own, all it seeks to do is reform after its body parts are damaged. Remember Sephiroth falls into the lifestream with her head.

10 and 12 both released on steam. Same with 7 8 and 9. I believe 6 also released on steam :^)

Was Cloud a clone or not? I didn't really get if his mother really died or not or why Sephiroth could control him.

Yeah I know, just that user asked for emulation.

He found out that he was just Shinra's tool and lost his marbles.

There's also the Jenova cells in Sephiroth that one could argue lets Sephiroth either control or manipulate Jenova into busting him out, since Jenova is acting with a bit too much intelligence regarding a world that should be entirely alien to her.

He's not a clone. He wasn't scienced until after the Nibelheim thing, and all they did was inject Mako into him. He has no connection to Jenova.

No

Also why can't you talk to Zack's parents and give them some kind of closure?

Also did Zack f*uck Tifa and Aeris?

Wait, hold on, now that I think about it. If he didn't have Jenova cells injected into him, what was that whole mind control scene to beat Aerith about?

Ugh,this prick took the edgy emo archetype in FF7 to the next level.

>Does nothing but quote poetry
>Is loaded with bible refrences
>Carries an apple all the time

Seriously, at least Squall in 8 had a bird he wanted to plow, Genesis was just an out and out faggot.

Cloud wasn't a clone. He really was just a boy who wanted to impress a girl from his hometown. He was captured, along with Zack, after the Nibelheim reactor incident by Shinra, and they were both used for experiments and basically nearly tortured to death. Zack and Cloud were both injected with Jenova cells, but Zack being stronger and resistance to Mako poisoning from his Soldier training didn't have an effect. Cloud, being weaker mentally and physically, was affected by the Jenova cells. This is why Sephiroth has power over him.

After 4-5 years of torture, Zack escapes with his friend Cloud. He gives Cloud a soldier uniform because his grunt uniform is soaked. PTSD tortured Cloud then sees his best friend who just saved him get gunned down by Shinra. Cloud was assumed dead and left alone, he hobbles toward Midgar...FF7 starts.

I need to clear this up because I'm writing a fanfiction

Ahh ok thanks. Did they show the scene of Zack being killed?

Yes to Aeris, no to Tifa. That job did Johnny.

Will they make Sephiroth trans in the remake?

What scene are you talking about?

Yes. In FF7 I think its a secret scene. Unceremonious. Gunned down like a dog.

In Crisis Core its dramatic, but it helps you understand why Cloud is the way he is.

>plowed
it's ploughed.

Yeah, it’s pretty brutal in the original game. They shoot his dead body several times.

Temple of the Ancients, Cloud beats Aerith around a bit near the end of it.

Here's the ending to Crisis Core if you don't mind being spoiled or watching a 20 minute video

Forgot the fucking link
youtube.com/watch?v=qUw_swLuGJo

Hey guys XV-Kun here

Just wanted to know why you're talking about the shitest entry to the series? And not the amazing newest entry that broke new ground for the greatest franchise ever.

XV is an amazing game and just gets fresher and fresher by the update, I just love what they did with the game. FF7 and its spin offs are all just childish, underdeveloped trash. XV is a masterpiece, Tabata is God and Normura is a pleb, wake up sheeple lol the remake is going to suck.

I think he is referring to the times Cloud nearly thrashes Aerith into oblivion, Temple of Ancients, and when you find her in the Forgotten Capitol

This is what Cloud thinks. He believes he just has mako eyes because of Soldier mako showers. Actually, he was virtually tortured and pumped full of alien DNA just like Sephiroth. Cloud is a metaphor for the internal struggle to overcome evil. Remember in Advent Children the scene were Cloud's eyes become feral?

need to clear this up still lol