Why are bows in video games always so shitty and unsatisfying to use?

Why are bows in video games always so shitty and unsatisfying to use?

Use a gun

They are shitty and unsatisfying to use in real life too.

The bows in Kingdom Come are pretty satisfying.
I really suck at aiming, but it's very satisfying to get rushed by three bandits and shooting the first one in the face before drawing your sword and taking care of the remaining two

Try dragon's dogma.

It's good in Horizon Zero Dawn, although that is expected when the combat is pretty much focused on the bow

/thread
They're hunting tools designed to target small to medium animals, shoddily adjusted for combat.
Until they were powercrept by far more powerful crossbows.

and if that don't work?

Monster Hunter World turned Bows into dodge city, it's really fun.

Because they're just like real life.

Use another gun

Bows take a fuckton of modifiers to use properly and go from underpowered to top tier in all games.

if a gun didn't work there is no reason a bow will be more effective

A real man aims not with his eyes but with his heart

If you can even hit them, I hate using the bow. Thankfully my sword works just finds.

Dragon's Dogma bow gameplay is fucking great.

I liked using them in skyrim, and by 'them' i mean the conjeration bow.

I think the main issue is that it's hard to animate them properly. You aim with the dominant eye IRL and games rarely even put the player camera at the model's eye level, much less offset it to one side. They also need to be balanced against other weapons and consequently feel underpowered as fuck.

I gave in and enabled the crosshair. Having to guesstimate the point of aim was retarded, it's nothing like shooting a real bow and there's already the whole sway thing (which is also unrealistic) to make archery tricky. They should've just gone with classic FPS-style random deviation and made the "cone of fire" narrower as your bow skill improved, it would have been a much better simulation of bad technique.

how incredibly historically inaccurate

So a bow is different than that of a gun? Practically? But I do think bow needs more skill, patience, principle and morale in using it.

Use more gun.

this. blast arrows make them arguably the best weapon in the game

What do you mean? Bows are literally overpowered in every game they are in. Why do you think stealth archer is the most broken build ever? I'm not just talking about Skyrim. Even in Dragon's Dogma, Dragon Age, Mount and Blade, and Divinity, bows are so fucking OP.

Run

Use a gungan it's the strongest kinda gun there is
>trust me

video games never get the bow draw animation right, they never feel like they have any weight

how do you shoot clout with a gun

>he never played baldurs gate 1

use more gun

Bows are fun in Monster Hunter.

Can't blame him.

They werk fine on Skyrim

In video games you don't have a posy of archers following you ,throwing 400 arrows per minute at the enemy. So yeah,bows are inherently shit in video games.

In Metal Gear Survive you could actually feel the weight.

Why are guns in video games always so shitty and unsatisfying to use?

t.only ever played half life

>implying a silent headshot isn't the most satisfying feeling in video games

t. has never played half life

But user, I can't buy gungans - trafficking is illegal.

Use a bigger gun.