Reminder that sonic had a monthly comic from the 90's that lasted for decades

reminder that sonic had a monthly comic from the 90's that lasted for decades
>290 issues
>it had a megaman crossover

Reminder that Sonic the Comic was always better.

Sonic is propably only heroic character I know who goes infront of someone's father to gloat about how great he is and how the father's son idolizes him.

I thought he was a hedgehog, not a bull.

Goddamn Penders. Would still be ongoing if all that bullshit didn't happen, and we would have some interesting stories with the FFs in Sonic Universe, and some potentially interesting one-shot stories, for starters. Hopefully the IDW comic's good, but it's definitely unfortunate how over 200 issues of continuity basically disappeared, then another 50 or so went down the drain as well.

You know he sees the Archie comic being canned as a victory.

At this point, it's all he has.

Penders did nothing wrong.

It's not like he's gone for long, either.

Biggest names behind the recent years of Archie Sonic are behind it, so I'm sure it'll be fine.

>mustache makes him look like a pedophile
>shaves it off
>looks even more like a pedophile

No, I'm sure it'll at least be fine, but I hope it doesn't stick too closely to the games/Forces, even if new characters like Rough, Tumble, and Tangle are going to be introduced so soon.

Why did they even interpret Super Sonic as an edgy super villainous alter ego anyway?

StC's Chaos Emeralds were used to contain Mobius' evil energy, so therefore Super Sonic = Evil.

IDW kind of does there own thing with the properties they get. If I were to assume, it will be business as usual where it's original stories until a game comes around, then they do a tie-in for that, and then back to original.

Beacuse Super was hard to control in-game so as methaphor they made him "hard to control" in comics.

Beacuse he literaly did nothing.

Reminder that it blew ass.

The only thing about the IDW Sonic comic is that I don't know if we necessarily know all the mandates/how closely Ian has to stick to the games this time around.

What was your favorite Sonic comic?

Well, definitely Archie Comics' Sonic comic, for starters. In terms of specific issues/arcs, I'd say it's between Treasure Team Tango, Scrambled, and Eggman's Dozen in terms of Sonic Universe arcs. For the main comic, uncertain, but I want to say something post-200, but not necessarily post-reboot.

The one where Sonic and Robotnik are beating the shit out of each other as they slowly get vaporized.

StC Sonic was already kind of an arsehole, and as stated, Chaos Energy is evil in this universe.

It turned the kindly Dr. Kintobor into the megalomaniac Dr. Robotnik, and an alien fish soldier into Chaos. So it turned the benevolent-but-dickish Sonic into a bloodthirsty demon.

Plus Super Sonic in the classic games is a nigh-invincible golden ball of spiky death, the writers just rolled with it.

Comic sonic was edgier and a more a asshole than 10 shadows combined.

Man was this a 2-parter. I don't know if the addition of the council was a good thing, some of the characters that were on it aside.

And that's when he's not Super Sonic.

StC Super Sonic was so edgy, he makes Infinite look like Charmy the fucking Bee.

I'll miss Egg Bosses

>Would still be ongoing if all that bullshit didn't happen

I dunno, in the last few years of the comics run Archie itself was being run pretty incompetently.

I don't know, I at least wish the main series had ended with 300, and Sonic Universe ended at 100. That at least would have been a little better.

How the fuck is Archie still in business, seriously? Who the fuck buys Archie comics anymore?

the IDW comic is starting off with Sonic Forces as the anchor story for the comics while Archie started with SatAM as the anchor. I guarantee with Forces as the anchor it will be infinitely worse overall, it will be a treading water comic that isn't allowed to move forward until the next game.

they doubled down on their CW show, gambled really with everything they had and it worked, but now they only have 2 or 3 comics including a Sabrina reboot.

IDW sure has so many Licenses, they even have Yokai Watch and Horse Show
How possible is a Puyo Puyo Comic series

>How possible is a Puyo Puyo Comic series

That would be... puzzling.

What went wrong?

As a horsefucker I should warn you that IDW doesn't exactly have a good reputation.

>As a horsefucker
You got what you deserved. IDW's TMNT and Transformers comics are great.

>As a horsefucker

OUT.

Woah, that cover looks amazing

pls no bully

Puyo Puyo and Madou Monogatari manga already exists. Also kill yourself for even suggesting something as awful as an IDW Puyo Puyo comic.

Archie Comics turned out to be the Archie Andrews of the comic book industry.

but it could get a pony crossover

get out

You should send those degenerates to where they really belong.

GET OUT

GETOUTGETOUTGETOUT

GET OUUUUUT

I read these when I was younger, was legit actually fucking awesome

You seem upset. Don't worry user, the tiny equines won't hurt you.