I decided to check out the Shin Megami Tensei series after being recommended it multiple times...

I decided to check out the Shin Megami Tensei series after being recommended it multiple times, but then I saw that the final boss of the most recent game is God. Not just a god like most other JRPGs, but literally THE God. Don't the Japanese understand how important God is to the West? Does the game at least give Him a fair portrayal and try to demonstrate the nuances of Judeo-Christian values?

Other urls found in this thread:

christcenteredgamer.com/index.php/reviews/handhelds/3ds/6272-shin-megami-tensei-iv-apocalypse-3ds
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>how important God is to the West

>how important God is to the West?

How do you misspell Allah that badly OP?

>Does the game at least give Him a fair portrayal and try to demonstrate the nuances of Judeo-Christian values?
Disk scratch regards himself just as he is traditionally portrayed, but is revealed to be some kind of a cunt lonking humanity in wars on faith, he plays both the blasphemous side and the faithful one to keep himself in charge
I'd say it's a fitting interpretation honestly

oh, fuck off triggered christfag

>Christfag

or jewfag or muslimfag, whatever

Nigga it's a japanese game, they don't fear God, they don't really care about blasphemy

Sorry I don't know what this is OP
now I have some important stuff to do
be grateful I even replied
my ego is very important

What a fucking retard. Please stop breathing. God is absolute and perfect how can you give him a "fair" portrayal.

>Don't the Japanese understand how important God is to the West?
The Japanese don't have to pander to you or tip-toes not to offend you, go be a whiny SJW elsewhere.

the nips take a page out of the book of gnosticism, where "God" (YHVH for the jews) is actually the demiurge, a negative force in the world. our souls actually cry out towards the higher truth, the God (in SMT the equivalent is "the white") that calls to us from beyond the demiurge.

The whites fucking want everyone to sudoku
Everything is a negative force in SMT, I wouldn't be surprised if Stephen and the Goddess of Tokyo will be revealed to be jerks aswell

Isn't the Axiom the closest thing to actual God? YHVH just seems to be the avatar gone rogue.

>God (in SMT the equivalent is "the white")
No.
Axiom is that. White is collective will to end everything

YHVH and the Axiom are basically one and the same, the Axiom is the higher being humans other than Stephen can't comprehend, when they try to, they create something they understand they have no comprehension of, but for which this is a comprehension aswell (Not sure if I put it in terms you can follow) that is YHVH, the highest metaphysical being that can come out from the humans mind
Now the thing is YHVH can't be benevolent, due to its nature he has to be the most powerful "demon" in the universe, and to do this he has to hide and protect his position, preventing humans to reach higher states of understanding, thus he always makes up "God's plan"
Even if they kill him, he comes back every single time, as long as the humanity and the axiom exists, YHVH will be born from humanity's perception of him, the only way they could get truly rid of him is if they all Stephen'd
That's why I think Stephen is a villain aswell, I think he and the Axiom are actuallly contempt of their own "Axiom plan" of the war between YHVH and humans, so he refuses to give them the instruments necessary for understanding, as having multidimensional beings everywhere would be a danger for the axiom himself

>literally THE God

>tfw you will always believe in and resurrect YHVH
DEVILISH

Who cares its just a game.

>muh values

dumb christcuck
i killed your god by punching him in the fucking face

How many variations of this bait have there been now? Is it always the same guy posting it or have multiple "I'm so clever" faggots come up with the same thread?

Who cares how your imaginary fiend (typo, but it's apt, so I'm keeping it) is portrayed? And what fair portrayal do you want of a character that allows genocide and rape?

As long as people take the bait,these threads will exist

Isn't that just some demon playong pretend? The real Him is Axiom?

YHVH is a manifestation of our understanding of the axiom, which is too far above us to be truly comprehensible. That's why he always comes back. His manifestation may be destroyed, but he was born from the minds of humanity, and they will always revive him.

>THE god
>Judeo-Christian
Burn the pagan. This is a fictional character, not Allah.

>This is a fictional character, not a fictional character.

YHVH isn't God.

Its not actually THE God from the Bible, its the gnostic Demiurge, son of Monad, who created Man to be as flawed as he was. There is no relation to the Biblical God, And the Great Will is Monad, the patient builder, creator of the Universe

What the fuck is this meme lol, "Gnostic Christianity", like people give a fuck about the Lore of the most boring religion in the world

Abrahamic religion is cancer anyway.

>but literally THE God
If you're still a gnostic christian and still consider YHVH a positive force despite that then you've got bigger issues than weebRPGs

>son of Monad
That's Satanael.
Ialdaboth is the son of Sophia Pristie or maybe Sophia Achamoth which is then the daughter of Sophia Pristie

Gnostic christianity is the one where the dude that made mankind isnt actually god, just the son of the biggest god, I dont think anyone really follows that anymore

>If you're still a gnostic christian

>Other names or identifications areAhriman,El,Satan, andYahweh

Meanwhile, the West released Smite and no one cared

ONE MORE GOD REJECTED

Satan is the serpent who betrayed the demiurge. He then flee Eden with some angels who discovered the true nature of the Demiurge and make children with them, which then try to fuck with humanity in order to avenge their parents's fall from Eden.

Gnosticism and Christianity are almost opposite, with the former believing that the latter are worshiping the most 'Devil'. But both are closely tied together in the sense that early Christians decried every fellow believers they didn't like as gnostics, and purged and slandered them

>Nanashi is stronger than this on the most popular tier list

>game is literally about getting humans to become more intelligent and thus rejecting god

*tips fedora*

>Still worships Demifiend cock even though he is the weakest SMT protagonist, only killing the tiniest fragment of YHVH struggling and with Dante's help and being Lucifer's cocksucker, while everyone else can just shoot the true YHVH in the face and by the end of their game just solo Lucifer

To be fair, that God is actually a physical threat to their existence

>Game is about rejecting to become more intelligent to go on living with your little friends

>caring about powerlevels

*Game is about rejecting everything and killing your friends and then completing Freuds dream on a cosmic level

I’ve never seen so many retards respond to a pasta before

But those are the same thing?

The tier list pics are just put together by random fags from /r/megaten. You're a retard if you think they have any idea what they're talking about

Axiom is The God, YHVH is human understanding of Axiom. Axiom is almighty, YHVH is not. They can't comprehend Axiom, so YHVH is flawed.

>fuck off triggered catholic chirstfag
Fixed that for you

Come up with a better list then, fag, those autists actually overanalyzed and played through the games, and discussed it several times to make those, its not like it was just shat out

Also, let's remember protag usually takle gods with a full highest tier demons in the party

Nanashi is obviously stronger than Demi-fiend, he beats the strongest version of YHVH. Lucifer will always be lower tier than YHVH, and he didn't even try when he was testing Demi-fiend.

Those autists just worship the shit written on the megamitensei wiki by other autists. Half the shit they spout is just the headcanon of a few retards and isn't mentioned in any of the games, like almost everything you read about The Axiom. Reddit being a natural hugbox where people don't disagree leads to their headcanon being parroted more

>source: My ass

>don't make fun of my favorite subreddit

>lemme just meme because I dont know shit

The Axiom (or the Great Will as it's often called) is not an actual sentient being, it is merely the collective unconsciousness of the residents of the universe, from which all demons and gods emerge

Not meming. Just calling you a retard if you mindlessly believe the headcanon written by a couple fags on reddit

Again
>Source
>My ass

Your first assumption is incorrect

Again
>Stop saying bad things about my Reddit bros

I disagree, while this is true, Stephen's dialogue and the white's existance suggest the Axiom itself has a thinking of their own, and can be treated as a sentient being of its own formed from the people collective unconsciousness

Do you really want to make this into one of those faggoty loops where you just want the last word

I'm not just doing this to get the last word you C.UCK REBBIT SPACER GO BACK

Is Reddit Sup Forums's version of Godwin's law?

Fuck off, nobody cares about your Jew god, Odin is the manliest deity.

>Krishna's cocksucker

Hindus complained, just like they did with that shovelware deity tournament fighter on steam that got the entire distribution platform banned in Malaysia.

Nanashi, Flynn, Satan, and like a dozen other tamers beat YHVH, and only did so after weakening him greatly by denying his divinity and altering his form.

Demi-Fiend is considered strong because of his representation in DDS, and the Stephen DLC, both of which paint him as a hard as fuck.

Even putting that aside though, canon Aleph solo slamming YHVH clearly puts him higher than Nanashi.

Where the fuck does Axiom show up

Nowhere, and everywhere. Stephen is as close as youre getting to the Axiom

The Axiom is presumably the self actualized will of the Great Will in its entirety, of which all demons and gods are small splinters of. It's clearly toppest of top tiers.

shut up metatron

The values found in Christianity and Judaism are rather different despite both religions using the same Old Testament figures. Nothing unique exist between Judaism and Christianity which would bind together Christendom and Judaism that would exclude Islam, Manichaeism, Gnosticism or arguably even Zoroastrianism.
I've never understood this coinage at all because you can't get much more fundamentally opposed than Christianity and Judaism. Christianity is an explicit rejection of Judaism as a faith or a morality and Judaism explicitly rejects Christ as the messiah. I don't understand how there's any shared values whatsoever beyond the history and the antagonism.

Smite never added Judeochristian deities because of the fear of backlash

>both of which paint him as a hard as fuck.
By making him as strong as a guy who went to get coffee for his mother?

I'm not sure if you played the game or not buddy but in the Massacre ending, Nanashi doesn't deny his divinity and it's just him, Flynn, and Satan. Nanashi just for finished fucking up Satan before the fight, and Flynn is literally Nanashi's mind-broken slave. To say he only killed YHVH because of them is retarded

Its just another vision of god just as the abrahmic religions have multiple versions of God. YHVH was originally just the tribal wargod of Israel. Jews later retconned to be the one and only God

Sorry nigger but a lot of westerners that follow God dont even take any of the teachings to heart. Who cares its just a vidya anyways.

It's purely because the acknowledgement of Christianity by necessity requires the acknowledgement of Judaism, and because Christianity has at points in history controlled the Anglosphere. They can exclude Islam, so abrahamic isn't the choice of phrase, but they can't do the same for Judaism.

>don’t believe in god
>get branded as a heretic and burned at the stake
Fucking hate America

>be American
>get shot
>go to heaven
>be filthy euro
>get beheaded
>go to hell
it's worth it

>heaven or hell
>real
muh afterlife

>Judeo-Christian
there it is again

So we'll be able to fuse YHVH in V right?

christcenteredgamer.com/index.php/reviews/handhelds/3ds/6272-shin-megami-tensei-iv-apocalypse-3ds

>Im an atheist and I somehow know the entirety of the universe even though far less than 1% has even been recorded

ok einstein lmao

if we're going by extremes then on one side we have fedora tipping retards that are, somehow without religion, self-righteous and obnoxious about their "enlightenment". and on the other side... well ya know.

truthfully i think humans just suck but the rest of earth is a-ok

>Yehowah
>Christian God

ARE YOU GUYS CHRISTIAN OR JEWISH, MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MINDS. At least fucking read the Bible before you pretend to be religious.

the other side what? im not religious, it requires just as much faith to say god is real then it does to say hes not

>a bunch of devout Christians do better game reviews than Western game journalists

Explain to me how a godly avatar works. I always thought it was a physical form they make for themselves to appear on the physical plane when they need to but most stories I read can't seem to make up if it's a seperate entity or not.

they just know how to draw the line between their beliefs and what makes a good game/fiction

Why are people taking op seriously