New GTA game has an empowered female protagonist

>New GTA game has an empowered female protagonist.
What would be your reaction?

Other urls found in this thread:

gta.wikia.com/wiki/Protagonists_in_GTA_1
youtu.be/cuSQ764RiJI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is she attractive?

I'd not buy it.

as long as she's a pig lesbo than she'll fit in just fine

is she still a petty minded crook?
does she bang hookers and/or go to strip clubs?
if so then
eh

As long as she keeps at bay with all that "muh strong independant woman" I wouldn't mind.
Something like a big russian cartel boss would be cool

Listen, I don't know if y'all had seen the show Queen of the South but if the new GTA is even remotely similar to it it would gauranteed be done right.

Reminder Anita's critique on video games is mostly correct and truthful, even though Sup Forums tries to make her look radical.

who is that? she's really pretty

Cool woman kill and destroy persons
>Feminist GTA is Hitler

It's not the idea of GTA.

Every GTA is heavily Movie/TV inspired characters and missions, it wouldn't fit at all.

>teens not realizing the first GTA already had a female player character
i want these 2000s to fuck off

>Muh TvTropes, Muh ignorance on humans arts, cherrypick and clickbait.

We already had a female character in the original game.

No.

I'd laugh at jews helping the western industry crash happening faster

Anita doesn't play videogames, thats why she doesn't has an opinion about them, it's about the politics of the game

depends how the story plays and character personality.

But is it a good game?

I'll be happy because rockstar will never see success similar to gta 5 again.

>The new female protagonist gets raped 10mins into the game

What would be her reaction?

I would legitimately really like to see a GTA-like game written by women with all their feminist agendas.
I can't imagine it being anything but downright heavyhanded and unfunny, feminism in games would crash and burn

who?

Nice bait.

no what?

not even those anons, i hate anita, but i'd still mate with her m8. She isn't that ugly and i can cancel out the jew nose from my mind as long as i can doggy

>con artist who doesn’t play games and only cries when it makes her money
no

Nobody care GTA pre GTA3

Sup Forumsirgins have opinions on games they've never played too.

I don't remember her name. I just remember there was a female main character.

Raaaaaaaa fucking roasties wtf I fucking hate video games now

>she isn't that ugly

You have extremely low standards. Like, sub-basement level.

>GTA and GTA 2 were the Fallout 1 and 2 of GTA games

I don't give a shit as long as it isn't political garbage.

nice numbers, but yes they do, and it's also a problem. I don't defend Sup Forumsagoos here, never have, never will.

>Muh TvTropes, Muh humans arts

What's wrong with using these to critique something?

gta.wikia.com/wiki/Protagonists_in_GTA_1

there were more than 1

post more Anitas

tbf she has SOME points, the bullshit point comes from their examples and the solutions she brings.

I didn't really like GTAIV and V was somehow worse so why would I care about a new one?

It's actually an Armenian nose, but it's forgiven because the Armenians are known for being dirty money grubbing gyppos.

could be interesting.

"Muh" is making fun of the right.

I wouldn't mind seeing R* do a female protag in GTA actually. At the very least it wouldn't be hamfisted virtue signaling.

Female protagonists are fine
Mary Sue protagonists aren't fine
Protagonists included for a political message aren't fine
simple as that.

>Muh TvTropes, Muh ignorance on humans arts
>Muh TvTropes
Copy and Paste things TvTropes and Wikipedia and make sound bad.

this desu

my hope died with GTAO.

Indifferent, and nobody else will truly care since they're going to jump straight into buying Shark Cards for GTAO2.

If she is hot and has ballbusting moves then I'm ok with it.

>implying tropes can't be bad

Depends on how she's written

It would be Rockstar so it would be written and cast correctly

>since they're going to jump straight into buying Shark Cards for GTAO2.

I would honestly be surprised if they do a proper GTA anymore and not just release GTA:O from now on. Dumb shit gaymers have shown that Rockstar just don't need to try anymore.

I wouldn't necessarily mind a female protag but writing her in a way that's believable and fun would be fucking difficult.
My feeling is that rockstar would make her a former cop that has Trevor levels of maniac rage or something.
As it turns out, most real female criminals are unbearable, stupid loudmouths and I really don't want to play a character like that.

> Critics using tropes is as writers are fanfics.

Wha?

thats a pretty bold statement there

pass

GTASA had an empowered black protagonist

Why was it not a problem back then?

Fe(male) rigth?

The way that GTA is over the top, offensive, violent and silly, I think a female protagonist would be just fine and be good, assuming the devs don't pull any punches.

don't buy it

play other games instead

GIVE ME COPS N CROOKS GOD DAMNIT; ALL I EVER WANTED DAY FUCKING ONE YOU FUCKING JEW MEGALODON ASSHOLES

FUCK MICROTRANSACTIONS

I haven't played a GTA game since GTA 2, so I wouldn't give a fuck.

Pass.

A lot of the children who complain about "politics in games" were too young to play GTASA, they probably don't even know there was a Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas!

case in point - this guy thinks GTA is "over the top, violent, and silly" LMOA

I think it'd be kind of funny if the protagonist was a female who blames all her problems on the "patriarchy" when they're really all her fault.

no political motives

>New GTA game is not a surface level satire of American culture that plays on derivative stereotypes to appeal to a mass audience

What would be your reaction?

This post reads like it was written by a 40 year old soccer mom.

What? Most video game writers are literally fanfiction writers.

ITT: Everyone in this thread forgot you can create a female protagonist in Saints Row.

I wouldn't mind playing as Catalina.

GTA?

she better be hot, swear, and go to strip clubs

>A lot of the children who complain about "politics in games" were too young to play GTASA, they probably don't even know there was a Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas!
You talk like a fag. This sentence is a prime example of a dumb neogaffer that is deeply out of touch with vidya culture and how entwined SA is with it, and is only in it for the politics.
>>>/resetera/
Go. Now.

you could play as a female in GTA Online as well. nobody cares about create-your-own characters.

Yes. It was great. I played with a topless mod and big boobs. I loved going around hitting dudes in the junk.

>and be able to work in strip clubs
FTFY

>GTASA had an empowered black protagonist

How was CJ "empowered"? He was livin in his element, gangs, turf wars, the ghetto. The game simply wouldn't be made today because it would be considered racist to depict a black man in that situation, at least without the game constantly pushing it in your face that its whitey's fault.

Id buy it because new GTA will certainly have a high level of quality, and rockstar has shown to be self aware and takes potshots at everyone, MC or otherwise

>empowered female protagonist
Would fit right in with the satire of american culture.
>voiced by ashley burch
That would be the only thing that would make me legitimately mad.

>critique
You mean opinion. Uninformed too.

lets play as balalaika
>gta: roanapura city

Is this one piece?

This is what normal people see when they look at anime

cool ill still run around killing any and all

honestly i think they could have made franklin from GTA 5 a woman and it probably would have improved the character

Except unlike GTA Online, you still get all the story and voice acting stuff with a female protagonist in Saints Row. So it's not like a strong female protagonist in GTA is a problem.

I'll play this song while I go around town paying hookers to be lesbians.
youtu.be/cuSQ764RiJI

those voices are just part of the custom character, but they're all built around the same template. the difference with a canonically female character is that the story is directly built to fit the character, gender included, and unlike a custom character they don't have a choice whether they want their character to be a man or woman.

>Uninformed

Come on, even people who don't play video games can see video games have problems with women.

i just got betrayal at house on the hill and it has a special thanks to her. what did she do?

*continues to play the best GTA game GTA 4.

I'd be fine with that.

/vpol/ wouldn't be and would scream bloody murder for months until they bought it anyway.