How does the game compare to the first Nier?

How does the game compare to the first Nier?

It's just as shit

Original nier is better. Better cast of characters, better story, better villian.

It's better than the original.

It does everything the first did but better. You might prefer the characters from the first one though.

100x better gameplay. Just as good, if not better, in everything else

This.

Was there anything worthwhile going on at that live stream?

there were no new announcements

they said that patch will never happen
if it wasn't obvious already

The stream itself was awesome. They played the whole game to ending E and deleted the save file.

This
both are garbage that pander to virgins

Not really

Story is... different. While the original hit you really hard with emotions, Automata is much more subdued. But I think Automata's themes (mainly absurdism and the confines of the past) are much more interesting and worked out.

>Automata is much more subdued
It's not subdued, it just waits for some time to truly wreck your shit while leaving assloads of thematically fitting hints and themes here and there.

No, they just really had fun.

The cool thing about Automata is that it FIRST does the Nier 1 thing in route B, all those roboflashbacks and revelations, and you kinda expect those if you played 1. But then it add a fuckload of shit on top of it, so even those familiar with the first game are surprised.

Better gameplay, equal music, story is up to preference

I feel like you gotta be a special kind of retard to not only think the first game is a lot better, but also to bash Automata but praise the original

>expected a smoking hot dominatrix as MC
>except she's vulnerable, tragic and is in love with actual MC
>expected a re-tell of the first Nier
>the themes and story goes into completely different direction instead

Better gameplay, a lot worse story. It's still worth playing just for the gameplay and soundtrack

It's much more polished. The writing is arguably not quite as good, but
>Soundtracks is just as good, and avoids reusing songs way too much which was a major problem with the original
>Combat is better
>World is (almost) one seamless zone, so no more loading screens left and right
>Fast travel isn't dogshit
>No "collect every weapon for canon ending" bullshit
The downsides:
>Hacking
>Best girl doesn't get enough gameplay time

The gameplay not sucking ass helps a lot, but it's still the story and OST that carry it. Otherwise it would just be a watered down bayo/MGR except longer.

I love the first Nier and Automata equally and i consider the people actually trying to compare the two of them in story aspect to be insane morons and pretentious hipstershits.
It's just two great games, and both are great in their own way.

>they said that patch will never happen
and neither will my purchase

NieR:A is a NieR made for the retarded fanbase of Evangelion

What's with all this bitching about the pc version?
I have 7 to 8 year old hardware (except the gpu which is a radeon rx 470, which i got cheap from a friend when he replaced it) and it runs pretty good, with all settings maxed it's never below 30FPS but i didn't even expect that much from this machine. Only that giant worm consisting of millions of robots made the game drop to 15 fps.
Unless there's some area/enemy after route A that shows what an unoptimized mess this game apparently is.

>The cool thing about Automata is that it FIRST does the Nier 1 thing in route B
lol,no.

Better overall but less focus on characters which is why I think some people are convinced the first is better. Play them both if you haven't since they're both good.

>less focus on characters
This is not true. They are just presented differently, less in your face. But when you piece everything together, honestly not a single character of the original Nier can even remotely approach the main duo.

I pirated the game and played through the intro (until the game lets you save) on the easy difficulty's auto mode.

Nier is better than Automata, but they are still both pretty good