Pick one Sup Forums

Pick one Sup Forums

what the fuck is the first ring even doing?

absolutely nothing

Doubles attack and halves damage. Is that hard to understand? That said, Ultra Instinct is OP.

Lets Run some numbers here.

Assume Each attack from both friend and foe does 10

Ring 1: 20 damage per hit - 5 Dmg received
Over 10 Attacks: 200 Damage - 50 Received

Ring 2 : 10 Damage per hit - 10 Damage receieved
Over 10 Attacks: 100 damage - 10 received (clearly better than ring 1 for longer, tankier fights in this case)

Ring 3: 10 damage per hit / 10 damage received
over 10 attacks: Guaranteed 20 per hit from speed boost, two attacks do 100 (200+160) = 360 damage given, 100 received.

Obviously there are a million things that can affect these calculations, but assuming all things are equal, it looks like the middle ring is the best as it gives you the best damage dealt to damage received ratio (10:1), ring 1 gives you 4:1 and ring 3 is actually the worst at 3.6:1

ring 2 is obviously OP

I forgot to mention that there is an inherent assumption that all attacks occur at the same rate (which is reasonable). This would mean that double attack speed and double damage are effectively the same thing.

The second ring would be greatly overpowered if it existed in any game. I mean, seriously? Only in 10 attacks hit you? I mean, sure, if you literally never get hit, you should take the third ring, but both the first and third rings pale in comparison to the practical invincibility the second one offers you.

doubles your attack power and halves the damage you take.

2>3>1

but 3 seems more fun to use than 2. 2 you can just button spam with no effort to dodge or block in a game.

Single player?
Red.
Multiplayer?
Green if someone else is tanking, blue if I am tanking and there is no healing, red if I am tanking and there is healing.

hmm yeah I made the green ring too OP, my idea was that it would give you a bigger reward at the expense of being pure RNG but I went too far

Ka Ka Ka Ka Kachi daze ring

*blocks your path*

blue ring*

What's stopping me from putting on one ring per finger?

Nah. It would be pretty bad in Diablo 2.

>90% chance to evade all attacks
On Diablo 2, attack is very specific terminology. That means it evades only melee and of a certain kind of melee only.

>+100% IAS and 1.8 times effective damage
This one is just absurdly strong. You basically have your IAS capped with one item and you get a massive damage boost that doesn't exist anywhere else in the game. I'd always go with the ring of ATATATATATA over Ultra Instinct.

In every game ever and even IRL though accuracy is always a thing, and usually there is some form of damage mitigation too though the system for that is less uniform. That being the case higher speed is not the same as higher damage, more attacks should reduce rng when it comes to whiffs. If there is some sort of fixed damage reduction, the occasional 5x will be helpful too.

Ultra Instinct is still OP as fuck because it has nothing to do with anything else, it's a pure massive damage reduction. But if I had to pick one of the others and I /didn't/ have any idea what game it'd be for, it was just generic for anything, I'd probably go for YOUAREALREADYDED even if it lower best case numbers. You get a 5x on average ever 2.5 strikes of ring of power level and if your ACC isn't 100% speed will be more reliable.

also in a lot of games there are damage effects that cannot be evaded, either special techs which are certain strike or environmental/AOE damage. 90% damage reduction would be crazy but 90% evade is chancy in attack-biased games which is most (most games the best way to survive is to murder your opponents faster)

I still choose green.